Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarblady
Thanks for that info on the Margaret Mackenzie book - I just downloaded it onto my Kindle! My husband and I have been reading The Fast Diet book by Michael Mosley - really sounds so do-able!

Are you following any type of plan on your non-fasting days?
locarblady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I'm not, but some people stay LC, others do the Potato Hack, various things. I just eat as little as I sensibly can.

We have a threat devoted to this over on the JUDDD board if you are interested.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/155/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Eat, Fast & Live Longer HD - Video Dailymotion
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #364

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

We have a threat devoted to this

I don't think I am interested in that threat

but I am subbed on that thread.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marmariposa
Stats: 147/144.4/119 5'2.5"
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: February 25, 2013
I have been following 5:2 since February 25th and am down 2.6 lbs, which normally I would have considered way not enough but since this is an entirely different approach for me I feel quite satisfied about.

What I am discovering, for the first time, is how I approach food. I can notice how I eat, what I crave, how I use and abuse food, how I like to hide and eat sweets (and realize where in my past that came from). This feels for me like a learning process and not a quick fix and therefore I feel that I can slowly arrive at a WOE that will last me the rest of my lifetime.

I am experimenting with eating lots of desserts which I normally would avoid until I broke down and binged. And I'm trying to learn the tipping point for me when enjoying sweets tips over into over satiety. And so this is affecting the speed of loss but I feel is more valuable long term.

Previously I would have already tried to calculate how many weeks it would take me to lose x lbs. I'm not driven to do that this time.

I do dream of being fit, toned and minus my midriff and back bulges and work toward that goal through my yoga and fit barre classes. I can look in the mirror at class and try to observe my rolls dispassionately.

I want to work in a daily meditation to envision where I want to be in my body. Slim, fit, flexible.

The fasting days are easy for me. I do Mondays & Wednesdays. I have gone overboard on a number of the regular days, especially with Easter candy, but I'm in control enough to feel ok. I really do feel like I will be doing this from now on.

I do weigh myself every day. At first I was weighing once a week but since my weight can fluctuate so much from one day to the next I would rather monitor it day to day.
Marmariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #366

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
This past week I haven't been able to make it to the gym, I've gone over my UD calories several times, and this morning, I hit a new low (157.0).

I keep saying I'm going to increase to 2000/500, but I haven't done that consistently. My averages, though, if I'm being honest, are close to that and I'm still losing, while trying to maintain. Who woulda thunk it?

ETA: I just calculated last week's numbers. If I do 2000/500, it would equal 11,000 calories over the week or 1571 per day. Last week, I consumed 10,060 calories for the week, or 1437 per day average. So that is still a deficit of 940 calories for the whole week, and 134 calories per day average. Not too big of a difference, but it IS a difference.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 04-10-2013 at 08:26 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: curious georgie
Hi Marmariposa,

Your post is super inspiring. I totally relate to wanting to be free from an approach to food that feels like it takes positive energy away. (I know you didn't say that exactly, but I can totally appreciate your efforts and wanting to not only look good, but really feel good inside out. Anyway, thanks for the great thoughts. Very helpful.

Also, I am experiencing what you are talking about--the fun in feeling hungry without being compelled to keep eating beyond what feels nice. You are lucky you can do sweets. It always ends up DISASTROUSLY for me. Stevia, though, is sort of icky enough that I don't overdo if I make sweets with that. But it doesn't taste good enough for me to do so! LOL So not sure if I get credit for that one! LOL
curious georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Journeygirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyric's Mom View Post
I definitely will!
Hello. I am so glad to hear there are people that still do Bodyflex. I bought Bodyflex way back in the mid 90's & briefly tried it only for a week as I had just given birth to my daughter a few months before. Although in that week I did have alot of energy and my husband mentioned to me."are you losing weight?", I did not measure myself & I should have continued,but,I felt even though I was somewhat getting results, I felt I was not doing the breathing right as I tried to do the exercises as Greer did,but, thought I was not doing them to look exactly as directed in the tape. Do you still continue to do this & if so, are you still seeing results. Any tips you could share woule be greatly appreciated..thanks!
Journeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shopgirl
Stats: 255/234/135
WOE: Low Carb / 5:2
Start Date: May 31, 2011
I am in the process of reading Michael Mosley's book Fast Diet and decided to jump right in. My first 500 calorie day was yesterday. Is anyone still following this plan?
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #370

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Many of us on the JUDDD board do either JUDDD (every other day rotations), 4:3 (4 regular days and 3 fasting days), or 5:2. Most of us using 5:2 do it for maintenance, but feel free to check out the board.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote