Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Hi everyone...good to see that you are all doing OK. Well I.ve finished my week of only 3 down days instead of alternative fasting. Not lost any but haven't gone up any...so that is good as on alternate days I was up 1lb and down 1lb see sawing. So maybe this might be the way forward AND now I know I.ve not got another DD until Sunday. I think on alternate I was always thinking OMG tomorrow is a DD.

Its great that we are all supporting one another and is very interesting to read what works for everyone it really does help us tweek if we need to.

Have a good one
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/156/140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
5:2 FastDiet on Nightline Controversial 'Fast Diet' Instructs 2 Days of Fasting

Last edited by SlimNana; 03-01-2013 at 03:33 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning ladies!

Thanks for sharing the links SlimNana!

I had my second fast day for the week yesterday, it was early but perfect coming off my Wednesday feast day. I really can't see myself going 4 more days ud, I dunno. I definitely am not hungry today. BBQ country pork ribs, peppered turkey breast ready for today and broccoli slaw salad like they make at Walmart, I got the recipe off Linda Sue's site.

I hope everyone has a good day and weekend!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #304
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Morning all! Just came off my 4th SD/DD and it was very easy, not hungry at all and the snacking seems to be at an all time low. Had a 410 calorie day yesterday and the scale gave me another .4 pound lost today.

I was up after my RD/UD on Wednesday but it was a true feast day, eating out for lunch AND dinner, chinese food and lots of other salty things. The scale read 155.6 yesterday then this morning it read 153.2! That is a the normal 2 pound bounce PLUS another .4 gone!

I haven't been counting my RD/UDs but decided I really need to for now to get a handle on exactly how many calories I really am eating. So far today I wanted something early, a breakfast type meal which is unusual for me, but wasn't that hungry so I had a LC bagel with a 1/2 serving of peanut butter. Not even thinking about lunch and I find this truly amazing since I would be eating one meal and thinking about what I was going to have for the next meal!

Been on 5:2 since Feb 18th, Monday and so far I have had 4 SD/DDs and I'm starting to see the appetite suppression and better control over food choices that I had when doing JUDDD but NOT the mind of the worry that tomorrow is going to be another DD.....because now it's not!

All in all I'm very pleased with this WOE and will continue, but will be watchful that old binging habits don't come back. So far so good!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 03-01-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marmariposa
Stats: 147/144.4/119 5'2.5"
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: February 25, 2013
Second Fast Day Testing Me

I limited myself to about 500 cals on Wednesday for my second fast day and was getting ready for bed when my husband developed a sudden and severe leg pain. We ended up calling an ambulance and going to the ER at 10 pm and by 2 pm I was really feeling very bad hunger pangs. I went to the vending machine and chose the healthiest option -- a Nature Valley granola bar and a bottle of water. When I finally got back home at 4:30 am I grabbed two Pollyo reduced fat string cheeses. I decided to count the granola bar and string cheese toward the next day since I ate both after midnight. I got up at 8 am and back to the dr and ER for the next 12 hours. We shared a Southwest tuna wrap and water for breakfast/lunch and a ham and cheese on whole wheat baguette for dinner. Oh we also shared one Rocky Road cookie since it was my husband's birthday. He was admitted with blood clots and I went back home and finished the Caribou Crunch. I think I must have hit about 2000 in that 24 hour period.
Marmariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
OK, ladies I will be joining you on Monday. I just can't deal with binging anymore. I am a binger (mostly during PMS and ovulation) and just can't stick to my UD calories. I feel like I need to stuff myself today for tomorrow's DD. I have been on regular JUDD for 3 months and lost nicely but I think I am getting diet fatigue thus I am looking for a change. I have quit JUDD last year due to binging so I don't want to get to this point again.

I have decided to do alternating weeks of 5:2 and 4:3, keeping my UD at 1600 and DD at 500. I think during 4:3 week I may go higher on DD calories up to 800. If If I still struggle with 4:3, I think I will go with 5:2 only.

Beeb, it is nice to read that your binging is gone on 5:2. That's is very encouraging to me.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #307
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmariposa View Post
I limited myself to about 500 cals on Wednesday for my second fast day and was getting ready for bed when my husband developed a sudden and severe leg pain. We ended up calling an ambulance and going to the ER at 10 pm and by 2 pm I was really feeling very bad hunger pangs. I went to the vending machine and chose the healthiest option -- a Nature Valley granola bar and a bottle of water. When I finally got back home at 4:30 am I grabbed two Pollyo reduced fat string cheeses. I decided to count the granola bar and string cheese toward the next day since I ate both after midnight. I got up at 8 am and back to the dr and ER for the next 12 hours. We shared a Southwest tuna wrap and water for breakfast/lunch and a ham and cheese on whole wheat baguette for dinner. Oh we also shared one Rocky Road cookie since it was my husband's birthday. He was admitted with blood clots and I went back home and finished the Caribou Crunch. I think I must have hit about 2000 in that 24 hour period.
I hope your DH feels better and gets great treatment. I'd say 2000 isn't too bad at all given your situation.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
OK, ladies I will be joining you on Monday. I just can't deal with binging anymore. I am a binger (mostly during PMS and ovulation) and just can't stick to my UD calories. I feel like I need to stuff myself today for tomorrow's DD. I have been on regular JUDD for 3 months and lost nicely but I think I am getting diet fatigue thus I am looking for a change. I have quit JUDD last year due to binging so I don't want to get to this point again.

I have decided to do alternating weeks of 5:2 and 4:3, keeping my UD at 1600 and DD at 500. I think during 4:3 week I may go higher on DD calories up to 800. If If I still struggle with 4:3, I think I will go with 5:2 only.

Beeb, it is nice to read that your binging is gone on 5:2. That's is very encouraging to me
aboard!! I am loving this WOE! And just thinking of doing EOD JUDDD again makes me and I know it would cause my binging monster to come out of the closet to get me again. I had stopped JUDDDing in April of last year because of family issues and the binging problems I was having (but didn't know of at the time because I had never had a binging problem before) just got worse and worse. The binging didn't stop even after JUDDD did and I thought I had finally gotten a hold of it toward the holidays. I decided to try JUDDD again in January but the monster came back even worse and so I started looking for a fast type WOE because I just love how I feel while doing this. Several tries later at several different fasting type WOE and here I am. 11 days and binge free and not even thinking about a binge on my RDs/UDs anymore! Hunger is totally under control and SDs/DDs are getting easier and easier.

I hope this helps you, also and I'm thinking it will!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I hope your DH feels better and gets great treatment. I'd say 2000 isn't too bad at all given your situation.
Marmariposa...ditto to this ^^^^ and keeping you both in my !
Old 03-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
aboard!! I am loving this WOE! And just thinking of doing EOD JUDDD again makes me and I know it would cause my binging monster to come out of the closet to get me again. I had stopped JUDDDing in April of last year because of family issues and the binging problems I was having (but didn't know of at the time because I had never had a binging problem before) just got worse and worse. The binging didn't stop even after JUDDD did and I thought I had finally gotten a hold of it toward the holidays. I decided to try JUDDD again in January but the monster came back even worse and so I started looking for a fast type WOE because I just love how I feel while doing this. Several tries later at several different fasting type WOE and here I am. 11 days and binge free and not even thinking about a binge on my RDs/UDs anymore! Hunger is totally under control and SDs/DDs are getting easier and easier.

I hope this helps you, also and I'm thinking it will!
Thanks Beeb! You give me hope that I was losing today!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Marmariposa I hope your husband feels better very soon. ((HUGS))
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #312

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Marmariposa what a nightmare for you both, and over his birthday. This is not the time to worry about your numbers too much. Just concentrate on getting things right for DH, sending prayers to you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I second what everyone has said, Mari. Just focus on your dh getting better, and who diets on birthdays?! No one! Don't give it a second thought.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Yes thinking of you marmariposa

Beeb hope it works this time around.

Scale stepper good luck and love your end slogan stay strong or stay fat. I will remember that if I have a weakness

My week of 4:3 has felt strange from EOD. But am liking it and haven't gone up any so happy. Will trial for a month to see if extra UD stimulates metabolism into loss mode again.

Hi everyone else. Have a good weekend x

Last edited by lola5k; 03-02-2013 at 12:37 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #315

Hope it works Lola, I am loving this freedom. And you are soooo near goal.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Kissa...and you know how long I.ve been stuck with this stall. I remember in the beginning of JUDDD I wasn't eating enough on UD's and that increase kick started things...so hopefully this will do the same.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Up a lb from when I started, 3 lbs from lowest. Not really any different from how I was doing eod, but scary.

ETA: weighed again, and not up a lb, but only .4 from lowest since starting 5:2.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-02-2013 at 06:17 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning to all!

Marmariposa, how scary that must have been, I pray your husband is doing good and prayers for you too as it's so hard to be the caregiver. Take care, we are here for you!

Welcome tobelowcarber!

Thanks Lola!

I hope everyone is doing good, whether trying to lose as me or using the plan for maintenance. I hope to join you in maintenace some day.

Awesome Beep that the binge monster is quieted!

I tested the waters with the "eat what you want". On the way home from the beauty shop yesterday, I bought an order of fried chicken livers and fried okra to go. It was so good and my weight didn't go up. I'm beginning to relax with the ud's now.

My Mr is out of town today and I used to binge on those days but haven't in over 6 months, I don't even give it a thought anymore other than to think, thank you Lord.

I already have my 2 dd's in and can't decide if I'm going to have another since my new week begins Tuesday. Dunno.

I am going to cook Sous Vide Strip steaks for dinner and the calories could go either up or dd.

Have a good one!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #319

Quote:
Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #320

Wow! After counting loosely my RD/UD yesterday I only saw a bounce of .6 pounds this morning!! I figured my calories for yesterday at about 1700 or a bit more. This is very encouraging and also proof that I need to "be aware" of the calories on these RDs/UDs.

This is the lowest bounce yet and I anticipate it getting better and better as I get more into the plan and more knowledgeable of what works best on RDs/UDs.

Last edited by Beeb; 03-02-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Hello and welcome tobelowcarber. Fairly new myself to this thread...so missed your arrival lol

Beeb: That is looking very encouraging. I feel a little the same..been see sawing with the same 1 or 2lbs up and then same 1 or 2lbs down...getting nowhere. However, 3 UD's and not put any on...hmm so that is encouraging but I agree think you need to be mindful of RD/UD that you don't go overboard with the calories. Funnily because I am not starving every other day I feel I don't need to eat so much on the RD/UD . Lets hope it suits us all.

Last edited by lola5k; 03-02-2013 at 09:03 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: iasi
Stats: 280/265/130
WOE: General low carb, this 'n' that.
Start Date: Around the last week of January, 2013...
Trying 5:2 while remaining low carb??

Hi there...I've skimmed the first couple of pages in this thread, as well as this last page, but missed all the pages in between (I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like reading all that right now), so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

I'm wondering if anyone doing this 5:2 diet is also sticking to low carb, either all the time or at least on the days you eat normally. My mom just got a book on the 5:2 diet and won't shut up about it, is currently reading it aloud to me although I am clearly trying to do things on my computer. She knows I've been doing low carb for over a month and have lost about 15 lbs (I'm also trying to stay away from gluten). She says she doesn't want to screw up my success by suggesting something new, but this is what she wants to try instead of going low carb with me, as she'd originally agreed.

I'm just wondering if I can combine the two and get faster results, or if eating low carb on my "up" days will blunt the benefits of the plan. My concern is that if I start eating carbs again, I will have cravings. Right now my cravings are almost nil and sometimes I forget to eat, which could be slowing my weight loss a little...I don't know. I don't eat enough most days. I don't feel like it.

I think if I did this plan, I might relax my diet a little and start eating fruit again, but I doubt I'd feel comfortable going whole hog, eating pasta and bread and full-sugar sweets, etc. I think my cravings would come back. Right now I think a fast day would be pretty easy. I did sort of accidentally fast the last 2 1/2 days, because I've been ill and not wanting food. I had a Pink Lady apple last night, which tasted ridiculously sweet and decadent to me, but good. I don't think I could handle a brownie. I'd probably want to stick to whole food, low carb except for the occasional fruit splurge, or maybe potato skins (I live with people that only eat the soft inside of their baked potatoes and occasionally I'll take what's left, make it all yummy with butter, sour cream, and cheese, and have a treat).

Is anyone doing something like this? If not, I guess I'll just report what happens. I may eventually start my own thread of low carb plus 5:2 if it works. I'm just afraid to let go of low carb, as much as I would like to try this. I've already gone through the withdrawal insanity and headaches...I don't want to have to do that again.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Robin
iasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasi View Post
Hi there...I've skimmed the first couple of pages in this thread, as well as this last page, but missed all the pages in between (I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like reading all that right now), so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

I'm wondering if anyone doing this 5:2 diet is also sticking to low carb, either all the time or at least on the days you eat normally. My mom just got a book on the 5:2 diet and won't shut up about it, is currently reading it aloud to me although I am clearly trying to do things on my computer. She knows I've been doing low carb for over a month and have lost about 15 lbs (I'm also trying to stay away from gluten). She says she doesn't want to screw up my success by suggesting something new, but this is what she wants to try instead of going low carb with me, as she'd originally agreed.

I'm just wondering if I can combine the two and get faster results, or if eating low carb on my "up" days will blunt the benefits of the plan. My concern is that if I start eating carbs again, I will have cravings. Right now my cravings are almost nil and sometimes I forget to eat, which could be slowing my weight loss a little...I don't know. I don't eat enough most days. I don't feel like it.

I think if I did this plan, I might relax my diet a little and start eating fruit again, but I doubt I'd feel comfortable going whole hog, eating pasta and bread and full-sugar sweets, etc. I think my cravings would come back. Right now I think a fast day would be pretty easy. I did sort of accidentally fast the last 2 1/2 days, because I've been ill and not wanting food. I had a Pink Lady apple last night, which tasted ridiculously sweet and decadent to me, but good. I don't think I could handle a brownie. I'd probably want to stick to whole food, low carb except for the occasional fruit splurge, or maybe potato skins (I live with people that only eat the soft inside of their baked potatoes and occasionally I'll take what's left, make it all yummy with butter, sour cream, and cheese, and have a treat).

Is anyone doing something like this? If not, I guess I'll just report what happens. I may eventually start my own thread of low carb plus 5:2 if it works. I'm just afraid to let go of low carb, as much as I would like to try this. I've already gone through the withdrawal insanity and headaches...I don't want to have to do that again.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Robin
I suggest you give your LC and this WOE a try and see what happens. You will still be LCing so if the 5:2 doesn't fit there is no problem going right back to LC. I keep my 2 SD/DDs lower carb but lots of veggie carbs and it works well for me!

Will be interested in how it will work for you! Keep us informed if you decide to try it!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #324

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iasi View Post

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Robin
There are plenty of people who do 5:2 or JUDDD or any of the other IF plans low carb and are perfectly happy. These plans don't care WHAT you eat, just how much or how often. I personally don't limit carbs, but I'm not carb sensitive and don't get overwhelming cravings. I say, give it shot however you're most comfortable and see what happens.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Robin.

You will be fine. I did low carb for several years before this plan and felt so much better health wise. So much that if I eat too many carbs now I feel quite ill. We want out for an Italian a few weeks ago and I had pasta and it gave me stomach cramps all night.

So I do mainly low carb on this plan ok. Normally I don't eat pasta, bread, potatoes, sweets, pastries or anything like that. I have the odd hot cross bun and I do eat fruit, salad and yoghurt. However the freedom of the feast days is great. You are not on a diet all the time and if you do slip up this way of eating is very forgiving

However your weight loss will prob be good with low carb as well. But it's very important to eat on the Up days and not starve. Otherwise your metabolism will slow to a total halt. I am the queen of starving and I know it's the wrong thing to do but have done it in the past for quick weight loss. Or like you just not felt like eating. It's doesn't work long term

Congrats on your weight loss so far. I would say give 5:2 a go or even 4:3 like I am doing. I have set DD so it leaves more flexibility for weekends. I am still in experiment mode with this as we all are. Previously I was doing JUDDD and was fasting every other day. So come and join us we are all experimenting.

Good luck

Last edited by lola5k; 03-03-2013 at 12:22 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #326

Anyone interested in joining in here 5/2 - March 3 - 9, stop on in everyone! ?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Anyone interested in joining in here 5/2 - March 3 - 9, stop on in everyone! ?
Thanks Cindy! How very sweet of you!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marmariposa
Stats: 147/144.4/119 5'2.5"
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: February 25, 2013
Thanks everyone for your support. I've been away from the boards for a few days. DH is being monitored closely in the hospital as they administer blood thinners. He was hit in the head in December and has a TBI, so they have to make sure his brain isn't bleeding again. He's doing well though. I am fasting again today. I think I went a bit out of control over the weekend with ginger snaps, ice cream and popcorn in the evening. I'm looking forward to this week and feeling positive that this will work for me, especially once my life returns a bit more to normal, whatever that is. I think I will log my daily intake just to help me get a handle on things. I have had a bit of awareness despite everything. I am not a foodie, don't need variety and am happy eating from a small menu of healthy but tasty items with an occasional weekend splurge. In fact I feel more secure with limits. But one thing I do want to achieve is the ability to have a sweet treat in the evening on my non-fast days without overdoing it. Once I can achieve that WOE, without bingeing, I will be set for life.
Marmariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #329

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your support. I've been away from the boards for a few days. DH is being monitored closely in the hospital as they administer blood thinners. He was hit in the head in December and has a TBI, so they have to make sure his brain isn't bleeding again. He's doing well though. I am fasting again today. I think I went a bit out of control over the weekend with ginger snaps, ice cream and popcorn in the evening. I'm looking forward to this week and feeling positive that this will work for me, especially once my life returns a bit more to normal, whatever that is. I think I will log my daily intake just to help me get a handle on things. I have had a bit of awareness despite everything. I am not a foodie, don't need variety and am happy eating from a small menu of healthy but tasty items with an occasional weekend splurge. In fact I feel more secure with limits. But one thing I do want to achieve is the ability to have a sweet treat in the evening on my non-fast days without overdoing it. Once I can achieve that WOE, without bingeing, I will be set for life.
My goal also!! Glad to hear DH is on the upswing and still got you both in my !
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #330

After 3 RDs/UDs I am proud to announce that the bounce was only 1.2 pounds up and not the usual 2.2+ I've been seeing!

This is wonderful and I can see the downward trend now and that is VERY encouraging to keeping me on this WOE!

I counted closely on Friday and very loosely on Saturday and Sunday, all RD/UDs. Sunday was a "picky" day with a little bit here and there and I know I want over on calories, also a very salty day! I really hate eating out anymore because of the salt they put in all the food!

It's going to be a good SD/DD today and I'm throwing in a MD on Wednesday because of changing my rotation this week to accommodate Thursday as an RD/UD because of dinner with friends, thus making my next SD/DD on Friday. That would make it F/S/S RD/UDs, Monday SD/DD, then T/W/T as RD/UDs again. I'm thinking this rotation may cause some problem so the reason for the MD on Wednesday.