Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #181
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Down 7.4 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks! I'm eating SO much better and my binging is GONE!! Just amazing!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2012
Okay, so this thread is really old, but in case someone comes through and reads...

I just finished this book and Chris Powell does not advocate potatoes and bread on high carb days. Instead, I would equate low carb days more along the lines of Atkins Induction with added very high fiber carb for breakfast (he suggests Ezekiel bread, but you could sub out one of the low carb, high fiber and protein breads probably. Then, on high carb days you are going to be more in the OWL phase, adding berries, more veggies, a slice of Ezekiel bread or maybe some steel cut oats, etc. You should be eating mainly whole foods on both HC and LC days. Right now he and his wife promote a particular product, but you don't need it to follow this plan. In fact, my research indicates the product is not necessarily a good one, especially for the cost involved. If you want protein shakes, get a good whey protein and use that.

I just wanted to clarify for those who are maybe not reading the book. Bread is still the devil. Chris Powell doesn't look like he eats much bread to me. Probably only on that cheat day would be my guess, if then.

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde

First goal: Onederland - reached Dec. 2012
Next goal: 180s (not been there in 15 years!)
Final goal: 155 (within the healthy range for 5'7")
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote