Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #181
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Down 7.4 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks! I'm eating SO much better and my binging is GONE!! Just amazing!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriWants2Lose
Stats: 228.6/192/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 12, 2012
Okay, so this thread is really old, but in case someone comes through and reads...

I just finished this book and Chris Powell does not advocate potatoes and bread on high carb days. Instead, I would equate low carb days more along the lines of Atkins Induction with added very high fiber carb for breakfast (he suggests Ezekiel bread, but you could sub out one of the low carb, high fiber and protein breads probably. Then, on high carb days you are going to be more in the OWL phase, adding berries, more veggies, a slice of Ezekiel bread or maybe some steel cut oats, etc. You should be eating mainly whole foods on both HC and LC days. Right now he and his wife promote a particular product, but you don't need it to follow this plan. In fact, my research indicates the product is not necessarily a good one, especially for the cost involved. If you want protein shakes, get a good whey protein and use that.

I just wanted to clarify for those who are maybe not reading the book. Bread is still the devil. Chris Powell doesn't look like he eats much bread to me. Probably only on that cheat day would be my guess, if then.

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde

First goal: Onederland - reached Dec. 2012
Next goal: 180s (not been there in 15 years!)
Final goal: 155 (within the healthy range for 5'7")
LoriWants2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RVAstef
Stats: Virginia
I was so hoping to find a support group for the "Carb Cycling" way of life. Anyone still actively doing it? Is this the only thread for Carb Cycling?
RVAstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #184
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I just read all 7 pages of this thread and I'm so sad to see that the major players have all but vanished. I am about to read his first book and I've done some major research on his webpage. I'm thrilled by his program (Extreme Weightloss Makeover) and watch on Youtube but I'm running out of episodes!

I see that many of those who were posting here earlier weren't really working out the way that he makes his clients work out on his plan. I don't think just doing carb cycling alone is enough to make it work the way he makes it work for those he chooses for the "transformation of their lives."

Anyway, I just wanted to come in here and see if anyone was still out there and doing this or if not, what happened and why did you stop doing it and what are you doing now? I loved what desertgurl said about it being a total mind transformation because that's what I get from learning about the process of his program. It's conquering fears and breaking down walls and taking action in the face of anxiety.

I hope some of you are still out there! I want to hear from you and learn from you. I will probably be starting the program in the beginning of November but I haven't decided. I want to be completely prepared to do it right, from the word "go."

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My Journal.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member

I am here! I just started and I am loving it so far. I love the change from low carb to high carb daily becuase I was struggling with a strict low carb diet. I was hoping to find some buddies on here also that were still doing Carb Cycling so I could have some support. I felt really confused about how many carbs I could have every day and no one really wanted to give me an answer so I am trying: 50 net carbs/1200 cals on Low days and 100 net carbs/1500 cals on high days. I think he doesnt want to give an exact number because he wants us to focus on making the right choices.

Classic Style

Here is my food journal so far this week:

Monday-Low Carb
B-Smoothie with Shakeology Protein Powder/Almond Milk/Frozen Fruit/Flax Meal
S-Almonds
L-Turkey Burger/Laughing Cow Light Swiss wedge wrapped in romaine lettuce
S-Green Beans sauteed w/a little butter.
D-Sauteed Shrimp/Coleslaw

Tuesday-High Carb
B-Smoothie with Shakeology Protein Powder/Almond Milk/Frozen Mango/Banana/Flax Meal
S-Sunflower Seed Kernals
L-Leftover Shrimp/Quinua
S-Pork Rinds
D-Hamburger Helper (whole wheat stroganoff) w/steamable peas

Wednesday-Low Carb
B-Smoothie with Shakeology Protein Powder/Almond Milk/Frozen Fruit/Flax Meal
S-Cloud Bread w/1 tbsp peanut butter
L-4 meatballs w/creamy tomato sauce
S-Green Beans w/pat of butter
D-9 Hot Wings w/Ranch dipping sauce.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #186
Big Yapper!

Wow! Thanks for posting your menu. That's something I haven't been able to find online. It gives a much better idea how to pull it all together, than just seeing lists of allowable foods. I have a question though. On the HC days, they are supposed to be very low or devoid of all fat. I'm looking at your HC day and seeing sunflower seeds, pork rinds and hamburger helper stroganoff (which sounds lovely, BTW.) That sounds like too much fat for a HC day, no?

I hope my book comes soon but until then, I love what I'm reading about his plan online and I'm happy to have found this thread. I think there is another thread on his WOE so I may have to go and read pages and pages more of old posts. That can take a while!

Hope you keep posting, RVA. Anyone else out there still? Come out and play!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I have a question though. On the HC days, they are supposed to be very low or devoid of all fat. I'm looking at your HC day and seeing sunflower seeds, pork rinds and hamburger helper stroganoff (which sounds lovely, BTW.) That sounds like too much fat for a HC day, no?
They never actually say how much fat is acceptable but now that you say that, I am going to be more aware. I have been patroling the web for a support group that does carb cycling and all I find are abandoned groups. Please let me know if you find one that is active.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #188
Big Yapper!

I will do that. The reason I remember that HC days are no fat days is because it reminded me of Suzanne Somers food combining. I think the thing that makes starchy carbs so deadly to those trying to lose weight is that they are always paired with things like fatty sauces, butter, sour cream, etc. I was reading reviews on Amazon about his book and that's where I read a few people saying they preferred the LC days to the HC ones for that reason.

It's raining out there and it's cold but I'm going to go trot out to the mailbox and see if my book came. On his website, I signed up to be on their mailing list, then I got a link to a food list. Would you like me to post that link here? It's not like I'm cheating him cause I didn't pay to join anything. I'll do that.

http://gqwi31zzmq1hbr2w36lbxb3af.wpe...tFoodsList.pdf

Reading the book reviews is such a wealth of information. You just have to accept that some will be glowing about it while others will be scathing. You have to read between the lines.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #189
Big Yapper!

RVA, how are things going? I can't post here until my book gets in my hands and I actually start Chris's plan, but that is what I intend to do. You doing okay? Hope so!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
RVA, how are things going? I can't post here until my book gets in my hands and I actually start Chris's plan, but that is what I intend to do. You doing okay? Hope so!
Hey CherylB!

I am doing good-I had my first WI on Saturday and I was down 4 pounds Yayyyy!

I started this process on the Classic style but this week I am going to move to the turbo cycle. I have PCOS and should be using more days on LC than HC so I am hoping it helps. [That will make more sense once you get your book] Also, I found a group on FB that is doing Carb Cycling.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #191
Big Yapper!

That's awesome!! IKWYM about the turbo cycle. I found those different plans on his website. It's two LC days, one HC, two LC and then your reward day. I hope you find it speeds things up for you, but 4 lbs isn't shabby! Four lbs gone forever, my friend!

I've ordered plenty of books from Amazon in my life but this is the longest I've had to wait for one to be delivered. I know they say it will take a few weeks before it's considered to be late but most deliver super speedy. When it comes, I will review the merchant and say something of this nature. I see now why they were rated 93% and the others were in the 99% range. I saved a few pennies but it wasn't worth it.

Should I call you Stef?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Yes, Stef or Stephanie is fine.

I am sorry to hear the sender is dragging their feet. I couldnt wait for it to come so I ordered a digital copy. I am excited for you to start!

Yesterday was the first day of Turbo Cycle. (Low Carb Day)

Breakfast-Protein Shake/Almond Milk/Flax Meal/frozen strawberries
Snack-Cloud Bread w/1TBSP Peanut Butter
Lunch-2 Hotdogs and low carb chilli (diced up)
Snack-Cheese
Dinner-Hamburger Patty w/cheese & LC coleslaw
Snack-Fat Bomb

I know the hotdogs were not the best choice in the world but I was winging it. Atleast they are low carb.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Todays menu:

Breakfast-Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potato Hash
Snack-Red Bell Pepper slices w/Dill Dip
Lunch-Turkey Meatballs w/4 cheese sauce
Snack-Cheese
Dinner-Grilled Chicken Breast w/mushroom & Onions & LC Coleslaw
Snack-Fat Bomb
Old 10-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
I am on Day #3 and I think I really like this woe. I have regained quite I bit of weight so, I' pretty excited about this.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I am on Day #3 and I think I really like this woe. I have regained quite I bit of weight so, I' pretty excited about this.

What cycle are you doing?
Old 10-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Today is HC for me:

Breakfast: Shake
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Chicken breast/Quinoa/green beans
Snack: Bell Pepper strips
Dinner: Turkey Burger on Whole Wheat Bun & Salad
Snack: Grapes

Tomorrow is LC:

Breakfast: Shake w/Almond Milk/Fruit & Spinach
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Turkey Burger w/Salsa on top & green beans
Snack: cucumber slices
Dinner: Shrimp & Asparagus
Snack: Cream Cheese muffin

I am doing really good with this WOE b/c I get to mix it up all the time.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

I bought the book Choose To Lose
HC 1 day, LC the next
I can be pretty determined....when I want to be....and I finally found some long lost determination

Last edited by wishbone; 10-29-2014 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAstef View Post
Today is HC for me:

Tomorrow is LC:

Breakfast: Shake w/Almond Milk/Fruit & Spinach
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Turkey Burger w/Salsa on top & green beans
Snack: cucumber slices
Dinner: Shrimp & Asparagus
Snack: Cream Cheese muffin

I am doing really good with this WOE b/c I get to mix it up all the time.
perhaps I am reading the book wrong....
but the LC meals that he has printed...
!. They are a meal
2. Are they also what you would call a "snack"?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #199
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
perhaps I am reading the book wrong....
but the LC meals that he has printed...
!. They are a meal
2. Are they also what you would call a "snack"?
Yeah, they are a meal -- I am just used to using a food tracking site and its referenced as "snack".
Old 11-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

So, I've been on this plan since Monday, and I think I have done pretty well.
Today was the first "problem" I had. I was an hour late with my 4:00 meal. I could have had some "junk", but thought it was better to stay on plan, even if it was late
Old 11-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #201
Big Yapper!

I'm sure you made the right choice, Wishbone. KUTGW!

I'm STILL waiting for my book. I can't believe it but it's true. I may just start it on a specific day and say screw the book. So aggravating. I think I know enough to at least get started. Any key pointers anyone want to give me?
Old 11-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Any key pointers anyone want to give me?
I took the time to pre cook a whole crapload of veges. I steamed caul, brocc, and a 2 lb bag of baby carrots.
I cooked up a pot of brown rice and a pot of oatmeal.
I put a pretty good dent in them this week. And today I measured out the remaining brown rice into 1/2 c portions and put into snack bags and tossed into the freezer, so I wouldn't "waste" any, and I could grab and go.
Right now, I have a butternut squash in the oven.
I pre-portioned some low fat WW grated cheese today and some peanut butter.
Now, I know the average household does not have the "needed portion cups and lids" at their finger tips. But I own a bar & grill and have this stuff in the kitchen at work. It has been a LIFESAVER over the years doing this.

Also this week, I plan on throwing 1.5 boneless/skinless white meat chicken and a jar of salsa in the crock pot. Then shred and scale into 3oz servings.

Today is my free day. The dh wanted rotiss chicken and baked acorn squash. He also wants some stuffing, which will have to be stovetop,
But, that's ok, at least I'll stay away from that then. I'll be in HEAVEN with the "bottom half " of the chicken anyway.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #203
Big Yapper!

Thanks, wishbone. Preparation is key. I will need to buy some Ziplock or other brand containers with lids in smaller sizes. The thing that's going to be the hardest for me will be waking up around 6 am every day. Otherwise, I won't have enough hours in the day to space my meals appropriately. I normally sleep very late, even by late-sleeper's standards.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:39 AM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Cheryl-I cant believe that book is still MIA! I know its frustrating!

Wishbone-Kudos for planning ahead! I bought a Rotiss chicken this weekend also. By having it in the fridge at all times, I know I can grab from it when I need to.

Well, I weighed in on Saturday and was down another 2lbs. So thats -6lbs for 2 weeks. I am very excited about it. I love the flexibility of this plan. I got some of Josephs Flax Oat Pita's at Walmart and I am loving them! I made some pita chips one night with a little olive oil and sea salt. I paired them with some tuna on a HC day. It saved me from diving into a bag of potato chips.

Today is LC.

Meal 1-Egg scrabbled with mushrooms and green peppers on WW english muffin and turkey bacon + Coffee w/a few Mini Moo creamers. (0 carbs) I love those little things. I got them at Sam's Club.
Meal 2-Roasted Almonds
Meal 3- Homemade Chicken Salad using some of that Rotiss chicken w/romaine lettuce + cucumber slices on the side.
Meal 4-Celery & Natural PB
Meal 5- Rotiss Chicken + green beans + small salad --and only if I want it, I bought some Atkins snack chocolates that only have 2 net carbs.

Tomorrow is HC-Here is my plan.

Meal 1- Shake w/Almond Milk/Banana/Frozen Mango/Flax Meal
Meal 2- Apple + grapes
Meal 3- Madres Lentils over quinua
Meal 4- Banana + Natural PB rolled up in a WW tortilla
Meal 5- Chili-Homemade w/lean ground beef/kidney beans/tomato sauce/green chilis
Old 11-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

today was a lc day...
B (7:00)- was my usual choc protein powder, 1/2c unsweetened almond milk, and a frozen banana. add 1c water and blend
10:00 - 1 c south west egg beaters and 2 oz shredded ww cheese (added a bit of mushrooms and onions)
1:00 - choc protein powder, 1 T peanut butter, 1/2 c almond milk, water and ice....blended and 1 c butternut squash
4:00 - 1 c ff cottage cheese and green olives
And later at 7:00.....
I am having 3.5 oz of leftover rotiss chicken, I put this in the food processor. Added 2 T mayo & 2 T ff mayo, chopped celery and chopped onion.
Chicken Salad! I'm thinking about stuffing a tomato....but will probably just end up eating right out of the bowl....LOL
Also, took about 1 c of butternut squash and some sf torinis caramel syrup and run it through the food processor. I'll heat that and REALLY enjoy it !!! That is almost like a dessert. If I hadn't of used my allowed "fat" for the meal in the chicken salad, I would have added chopped walnuts on top of it and cinnomon
Old 11-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #206
Big Yapper!

Yum! Nice menus. I have contacted the seller of my book and demanded a full refund. I got an email saying it is being processed. He said to write "return to sender" on the unopened package when it arrives. I'm contemplating if I'm going to just be bad and keep it anyway. If I don't, I'm going to make him wait a month to get it back, like I waited to receive it.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

this mornings breakfast....
1 frozen banana
1/2 c almond milk
1/2 c davinci sf egg nog
1/2 c water
1 scoop cinnamon bun protein powder
3 ice cubes
blend

If you like EGG NOG....you will love this!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #208
Junior LCF Member

1-Protein Powder/Unsweetened Almond Milk/Frozen Mangos/Flax Meal
2-Diced cucumbers/Orange Bell peppers dipped in ranch
3-Rotiss Chicken w/green beans
4-Almonds
5-LC pita(4 net carbs)/Goat Cheese/Basil/Sauteed Onions. (Like a pizza)
w/salad if I am still hungry
Old 11-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAstef View Post
1-Protein Powder/Unsweetened Almond Milk/Frozen Mangos/Flax Meal
2-Diced cucumbers/Orange Bell peppers dipped in ranch
3-Rotiss Chicken w/green beans
4-Almonds
5-LC pita(4 net carbs)/Goat Cheese/Basil/Sauteed Onions. (Like a pizza)
w/salad if I am still hungry
LCF's needs a LIKE button....
Old 11-07-2014, 06:21 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everyone!!!
Its a LC day for me....and looking forward to it !!