Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Amanda~ how are the Bode shakes? I had bought some protein powder elsewhere and while it's "ok" tasting, it's not my favorite. Is it worth the cost?

As for recipes, I have made quite a few out of the second book... my kids fave is the lemon chicken...easy and yummy. Unfortunately the kiddos aren't big seafood eaters so I don't often make that and use it more as a treat out at a great restaurant. I tend to eat very simple so I don't often use a lot of ingredients. Veggies are something that I am learning to love, so if you (or anyone!) has any yummy recipes to vary veggies that would be great! There are also a lot of fun stuff in the recipe forum here that can be made into legal food for us, just an FYI for ya

Jmc~ Thanks! I'm trying but man, getting old sucks...the weight just doesn't fly off like it used to
I don't care for oatmeal but I've heard the shakes are great made that way. Chris has one with peanut butter in it that I'm thinking about trying this weekend.. we'll see how it goes!

Hmmm, I dunno what to tell ya about the meal thing. I find that I do get hungry now about every 3 hours without fail. The first couple weeks were tough, I'll admit, felt like I was eating alllll the time. But, now it's pretty regulated and I eat small meals 5x a day. I find that, despite getting hungry though, I can't tolerate a lot of food at one time like I used to. Even on reward day. This is such a blessing and definitely helps me to not overdo any one thing. The scale thanks me too, I think! Have you tried posting on his FB and asking him what to do? He answers fairly quickly...altho' I believe right now he's in New Zealand with EWL contestants, but he'll answer! In the meantime I guess just try to get in the 5 meals every 3 hours as best you can. What are your calorie ranges, I forget what they are for men?
----------

I can tell it's time for a slingshot week! My body is ping-ponging this week and the losses are stagnating... I had a brief moment of panic until I looked at a calendar and realized that Saturday starts a new week and it's week #4... funny how now my body is starting to really let me know what it needs....either that, or I'm just actually finally listening Bracing myself though, I hate slingshot week---the scale's no fun that week

Hope everyone is having a great day & ready for the weekend!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amandag818
WOE: Choose More Loose More Chris Powell
Start Date: January 2014
The Vanilla bode' is really good. I am using one scope in 1 cup of almond. I put it in my ninja with ice and blend. Chocolate not the best. But I'm not really hungry in 3 hours. I have to remind myself.
amandag818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:51 AM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Hi!
Anybody still doing this?
I've ordered the book but haven't received it yet. Can't wait to start.
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Hey, Desert gurl. Thanks for the tips! How's it going for you? I haven't tried putting peanut butter in my shakes, but if you want something like that on a high day, you could try PB2. It's like de-fatted powdered peanut butter. Mix with water and it becomes a lot like peanut butter for a fraction of the fat and calories.

I'm definitely dieting right now, but it's mostly a high protein, low(er) fat low(er) carb diet. I haven't gotten the hang of the cycling yet. Chris is reluctant to put concrete numbers on anything, but I'm shooting for 40% protein each day.

Notia- Good luck. I think it's an enjoyable plan. It combines the best of both worlds. There are things I really enjoy when I'm on a low fat diet and there are things that I love about a low carb diet. Instead of having to pick one- you get to combine them and get the benefits of both.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Jmc~ I'm still plugging away.. I've been sorta sidelined though. Fell down some stairs over a week ago and banged myself up pretty good. Messed up my back & tailbone so I have been doing a whole lotta sitting Just barely able to start moving alittle bit and I am so restless! Of course the scale is wreaking havoc with all the trauma so been sorta at a stand-still with it.. but I keep going..

Definitely try the PB in your shakes and lmk how you like it. I haven't done it yet! I've been busy using my Quest bars and tend to forget I have the stuff for my shakes...Ooops! I have a sister who uses that PB2 stuff...pretty spendy! I dunno, I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that it starts out as powder I don't do PB too often so I just stick with my natural stuff..

Notia~ Can't wait to hear how you like the book! Jump in here when you get started, it will be nice to have some more company!

Amanda~ thanks for the heads up on the shakes! I may opt to buy some and give it a whirl when I use up the tub I have. How's your progress coming along?

Well, like I said up top to Jmc, I'm in the midst of trying to get back some mobility...I swear, never realized how much we take for granted to be able to simply walk from one room to the next, or up a flight of stairs! Movement had been excruciating so I've had a lot of time to become very grateful that I have the use of my body relatively painfree at all times! The scale has been bouncing between 227 and 229 for 2 weeks, all due to my fall, I'm sure I'm doing my best to take it in stride and not place blame that I am failing at anything. I've done my best to control the stuff that I can, such as food & hydration.. despite exercise being taken away from me. It just strikes me as so ironic that I got hurt when I did---I had just built up about 3 weeks of consistent workouts, min. of 3x a week and was really starting to enjoy myself and them BAM.. Ah well, what can ya do, right? So, I have tried to keep it all in perspective, take care of myself, and make sure I am eating clean and staying positive mentally and emotionally.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Desert Gurl-- so sorry to hear about your fall. I know it can take a while for all the bumps and bruises to heal. I hope you get back to normal ASAP!

Lately I have been on a protein kick. I lift weights a lot, regardless of if I'm skinny or fat, it's just something I've always done. So just about EVERYBODY preaches protein for weight lifters. The number everybody seems to be in love with is 40% of your calories from protein. If you've ever tried it, it's REALLY hard. Meat at every meal, plus up to 2 or 3 shakes a day and I'm yet to get as much protein as "they" say I need. It probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but I just thought I'd throw that out there if anybody else tries it.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Checking in!

Scale's moving! Back is feeling nearly 100% and I'm so relieved.

Jmc~ I think I only get close to that 40% number you mentioned...usually about 38% or so... I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to those numbers. I just follow what's on the food list and track my calories. I'm sure if I was ever to get heavily into weight lifting then I'd have to pay a lot more attention.
Hope you are well!

Anyone else still around?????
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

So glad your back is feeling better, Desert. Sometimes mine goes out for no reason. I got one of those crazy inversion tables and used it once or twice. The pressure of everything rushing to my head gave me a CRAZY headache and I haven't been on the thing since!

I really don't know if I need as much protein as some people suggest. I happen to like the taste of chocolate whey protein, so when I feel like I need a snack, I whip one up in the Nutribullet. Even if I *might* be overdoing the protein, that's still better than Cheetos and Twix, which is what I used to fill up on. Lately I have been really turned off by a lot of fatty, greasy meats. I have went back to boneless skinless chicken breasts and 93% lean ground beef. My tastebuds are a lot happier.

I lost my first 5 pounds without ever cycling. I was enjoying high protein/low fat/low(ish) carbs so much that I am sticking with it until it stops working.

I found an AMAZING almond butter brownie recipe the other day. It was on YouTube and it's supposed to be HCG P3 brownies, but they are low carb. You can't taste the almonds. They are outrageously good. I'll share the recipe if anyone is interested.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawnray
Stats: 192.4/177.4/150
WOE: Crack the fat loss code
Start Date: Oct 22 2008
Just starting

I just bought the book and am still reading it. But jumped in and started on Sunday. today was LC day I learned a few things as I didn't eat right away started reading and forgot about the time.
Was wondering if anyone knows if we can have coffee anytime and if we can put cream in it? Maybe on LC days?
The other question I had was I started out late with my first meal, so eating every three hours I only got in four meals ...if last meal is at six.
Or that is what I saw in book the last meal was at six.
Didn't know if I should eat at nine or skip it...so I skipped it.
I guess I will learn from my mistakes.
Was not hungry! enjoyed the recipes I have tried so far.
Dawnray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
So glad your back is feeling better, Desert. Sometimes mine goes out for no reason. I got one of those crazy inversion tables and used it once or twice. The pressure of everything rushing to my head gave me a CRAZY headache and I haven't been on the thing since!

I really don't know if I need as much protein as some people suggest. I happen to like the taste of chocolate whey protein, so when I feel like I need a snack, I whip one up in the Nutribullet. Even if I *might* be overdoing the protein, that's still better than Cheetos and Twix, which is what I used to fill up on. Lately I have been really turned off by a lot of fatty, greasy meats. I have went back to boneless skinless chicken breasts and 93% lean ground beef. My tastebuds are a lot happier.

I lost my first 5 pounds without ever cycling. I was enjoying high protein/low fat/low(ish) carbs so much that I am sticking with it until it stops working.

I found an AMAZING almond butter brownie recipe the other day. It was on YouTube and it's supposed to be HCG P3 brownies, but they are low carb. You can't taste the almonds. They are outrageously good. I'll share the recipe if anyone is interested.
I definitely think you need to go with what you feel is right for your body. If you need more or less than what "they" say, so be it. No body is the same.
Since cycling I've been eating much leaner and I have to say my body is much happier too. If I do indulge in, say, a rib-eye or something on reward day, my body lets me know quickly that it's done...I end up not being able to eat very much. If you're cycling, then leaner cuts definitely work in your favor!
Definitely share the recipe, sounds fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnray View Post
I just bought the book and am still reading it. But jumped in and started on Sunday. today was LC day I learned a few things as I didn't eat right away started reading and forgot about the time.
Was wondering if anyone knows if we can have coffee anytime and if we can put cream in it? Maybe on LC days?
The other question I had was I started out late with my first meal, so eating every three hours I only got in four meals ...if last meal is at six.
Or that is what I saw in book the last meal was at six.
Didn't know if I should eat at nine or skip it...so I skipped it.
I guess I will learn from my mistakes.
Was not hungry! enjoyed the recipes I have tried so far.
You can have coffee any time. Yes, you can have cream on LC days, but it's spendy in terms of calories IMO. I used to think I couldn't live without my cream, but I've learned to adapt to using almond milk so I don't have to worry about calories so much with it. It tastes different but it's worth it!
I've tried looking through the book to find something about meal timing, but I can't seem to find it right now. Personally, when I committed to this program I decided to make sure I made the effort to start my days earlier rather than later. I try to be up every morning between 6-6:30 so that I know my last meal will end at a decent time before I go to bed. If I find the blurb about it in the book I will post it! Driving me nuts that I can't find it
The recipes are fabulous, so glad you are enjoying them!

Question: which book did you read?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

I have the first one..I didn't know there were two until after I bought mine. Should work seems easy enough.
Dessert Girl you are doing very well.
I made the oatmeal with protein powder and almond milk..not my fav! I think I will eat oatmeal separate or with yogurt.
I just had my coffee black, I will try the almond in the coffee.
Today was HC So that was good..just no fat on LC days ..
I am used to low carb, so a lot of that is familiar. The HC day was different I was not used to that! Sure enjoyed it though.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

The second book is available on e-reader form for $2.99...something about formatting issues or something...I dunno. I bought it and it seems a-ok to me I've never read the first one so I don't know about any differences. I can't imagine it's anything too huge?

If I wasn't such a big baby I'd just do coffee black, but I can't go that hardcore I did cut back on how many cups I was having though, so baby steps And boy golly, on reward day if we go out to breakfast, you better believe I have cream in my coffee! Feels very decadent!

I'm glad you enjoyed your HC today. I honestly think the reason why I love this program is that I never ever feel deprived. A little bit of everything one day or another and it keeps me satisfied.

I had to laugh, that recipe with the shake and the oatmeal....yeah, kinda kept going past that one The idea was nice until I really thought about it!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I tend to cravy chewy things when I'm low carbing. Oats are pretty chewy. I did try the oatmeal shake and I thought it was pretty good. But I like oats. Especially in a protein bar when I need a chewy fix. That's where they really shine. I hate cooked oatmeal.

Up til this point I haven't been cycling. Like Dawnray, I was enjoying my high days so much I didn't ever get around to going low. But low days are VERY necessary, let me tell you. As much as I'm enjoying myself, every pound of weight loss is a STRUGGLE. I'm tracking all my stats and I'm eating in the low 2000's every day and emphasizing lean protein and healthy carbs. And nothing's happening. I know it's because I'm not doing 50% of the program. I'm going to start cycling soon.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Here is the brownie recipe I promised a few posts ago. I found it on YouTube. The texture is pretty darn good if you ask me. I made these with the 2 ingredient almond butter from Sam's club, but whatever you've got on hand would work.

1 cup almond butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk of choice(I use almond milk)
1T vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking SODA
1/2 cup xylitol (I used the brown sugar xylitol)
1/4 tsp liquid stevia, or any other sweetener of choice

Put the almond butter, sweeteners, vanilla, and eggs in a bowl and stir until well combined. Add the cocoa and baking soda and stir again. Use the almond milk to thin out the batter until it's the consistency of brownie batter. Bake in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan at 350 until done. (I used a 9x9 pan and the batter was spread pretty thin. They were done after about 10 minutes, so I recommend 8x8.)

These were good made with peanut butter, but they were amazing with almond butter. The batter even tastes good. You won't notice the fact that there is no flour in these. Despite the fat from the almond butter, they are not heavy or greasy at all. These are my favorite brownies right now!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Valentine's Day, Peeps!

Jmc, thanks for the recipe, that sounds really
Yeah, I hate cooked oatmeal too so I think that's why the oatmeal shake didn't appeal to me....I may have to revisit that some time. Can't wait to hear how you do once you start cycling!

The sickness has finally left me and I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Grateful! The scale's bouncing again, can't say I'm real happy about that, but it's beyond my control.... I'll just keep going and see what happens. I'm also thinking that my body may be letting me know that I'm about due for a slingshot week.......I'm trying to push it off for another week because I'm in the middle of a 4 week/ lose 4% challenge that ends in a little over a week. I know without a doubt if I go the slingshot route now I will most definitely gain alittle, and I don't want that right now! Here's to hoping the rest of it will go off without too much bouncing and I can meet my goal for it.

Reward day today, which is a nice chance to celebrate a little tonight with my hubby

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

The brownie recipe really impressed me. I have been on a QUEST for a decent brownie. I've tried them ALL. Black beans, pureed pumpkin, soy flour, almond flour, protein powder, carbquik, low fat, high fat, you name it. Nothing will make you forget about boxed brownie mix. But these are pretty close. The batter is good. It looks right. It smells good while baking. And the taste is pretty good also.

I wouldn't worry too much about small fluctuations. Chris himself says "carbs are a magnet for water." Don't panic when your weight bounces up and down. I know that's easier said than done. Good luck on your slingshot week, when you decide to take it. They're fun! Every week's been a slingshot week for me so far and I have the (lack of) results to prove it.

Desert, I'm just wondering what kinds of things you eat on low days? I know lean protein and non starchy veggies. But what about the fat? There are only 3 macronutrients, so if carbs go down, that means something else has to go up. But Chris seems to imply he wants us to eat low(ish) fat every day. Am I getting that right?

My plan is to stick with the leaner cuts of meat and get my fat from olive oil, nut butters, and so forth instead of dark meat chicken, heavy cream and all that. I never was much of a fan of really greasy food. But I lost weight SO good on it, I stuck with it. Now I'm trying to find a balance and cycling seemed like a logical place to start.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

You're right, it is low*ish* fat even on LC days... Well, compared to what one is used to, say, doing Atkins style eating Took some time for me to wrap my head around that one! The audacity of him trying to tell me I had to actually measure my fat I'm totally joking, but yeah, it's an adjustment for sure!

I eat nuts, natural pb, avocados, egg yolks, and evoo for my fats... so far, it seems to be working out ok.

I hope you had a great weekend JMC!

Still sick over here May be time to go see a doc....meh.

Went way off track food wise yesterday...nothing to be proud of for sure.. Started just feeling like garbage again and before ya know it I'm off plan .... Back on 100% today...that's all I care about!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 02-17-2014 at 06:18 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Sorry you're sick, Desert. Hope you feel better. We are struggling with what we presume is a bad virus at my house. I haven't been worth a darn since last Thursday. I always go off track when I get sick as well.

I'm glad i posted that brownie recipe, apparently the author/owner, whatever you call it took it down. I have no idea why. I watched the video several times and I've made the recipe about 3 times now. I'm SO glad I took the time to type it out here before she yanked it.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, had that virus thing...it just hangs on and on and on Thankfully I was the only one who got it. Finally starting to feel like my old self and the scale is reflecting that. Thank goodness! I was starting to sweat it there for awhile! New low today... Had hoped to get out of the 220's by the end of Feb. , not sure how far I'll get but hopefully super close!

Glad you posted that recipe too! I wonder why the OP pulled it?

Reward day today. Going to try and keep it pretty clean and get all my water in---I want to reach my 4% challenge goal by next Tuesday. I need 220.2!!!

Happy weekend!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Good luck in your challenge! I hope you make your goal and then some!
Old 02-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

The scale actually moved down a few lbs..yeah!
But I have been off plan since fri...so many interruptions , birthdays etc.
Feeling lots of stress our dog was sick and died after I spent a lot of money to help her. Hubby not that impressed. So stress makes me want to eat!
Started back on but going out to friends for supper tonight.
I have been exercising so that is a plus...
Tried most of the recipes in the book..not bad. Easy to do.
I find my problem comes my hubby is home on sick leave and daughter still home that do not need to lose weight and do not like the recipes so that leaves me cooking a couple different things. I find I was a little grumpy on the low days.
That brownie recipe looks good ...I. Too have tried all the different kinds hopefully this one will be good!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear about your dog....

I can understand your grumpiness on low days. It never really made sense to me. Low days are supposed to be low in calories but ALSO low in carbs. If we keep protein the same whether it's low or high, and we SUBTRACT carbs, then by definition we have no choice but to ADD fat. And that's not what Chris gives the impression he wants us to do.

Although...maybe your not doing Chris's plan. I see you are doing crack the fat loss code. I'm not familiar with that. I would definitely eat to satisfaction on low days if I were you. I don't know of any low carb diets that tell you to be hungry or unsatisfied.

Even though it's hella frankenfood, I have been making myself happy with some Carbquik chocolate chip cookies. The way I see it, they're still WAY better for me than Chips Ahoy and if it makes me happy and keeps me on track, it's worth it. I think you should experiment until you find some things you REALLY enjoy and be sure to have those handy for low days. I have about 5 or 6 "go-to" recipes for treats that I can pull out when I need a boost. Hope that helps!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Yoooo-hoooooo, anybody home?

JMC~ how ya doing?

I'm coming back after a little over a week of being off plan Dunno what the heck happened, things just kinda spiraled out of my grasp and before I knew it, no more cycling.. Sitting with about 7.5 gain... given what I actually ate, I don't think it's all real weight gain.. So, now just working on getting back to my low so I can keep moving.

Anyone else cycling?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Hi Desert! I didn't think anybody was still lurking around this thread. I'm doing the best I can, but my weight is up. I still haven't got the hang of cycling. I guess I need to figure out how many carbs I can tolerate on a high day and try to keep low days super strict.

I'm trying not to get discouraged, but I did the low fat thing for a bit and got all kinds of NOWHERE. I did a few days of pure low carb and managed to gain a pound. I'm not in a very good place with my diet lately...

I hope you can get back on track. I know it's hard. Bouncing back after a gain is one of the hardest things in weight loss.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #145
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I'm here...I was just busy being naughty for a few days no real excuse, just let go for awhile
You shouldn't have to figure out or calculate carbs or anything while following Chris's plan...just follow the food list and the calorie counts for whatever day it is (HC/LC), and you're set. The extra weight will melt off of you in no time, just keep going!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I don't know about melting off, lol. I wish. I think my melting days are about over. It seems like every pound is a struggle now. But thanks for the encouragement.

I hope you are getting back on track!

Have you had any luck eating "regular" carbs on this program? By regular, I mean stuff like hamburger buns when you have a burger, potato chips with a sandwich, etc. The carbs he wants us to eat don't appeal to me. And I feel like why eat something (carbs) that I know has the potential to make me gain if I don't even like it? Shouldn't I "spend' what carbs I do have on things I like?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, yeah, my "melting days" are long over too Sheesh, if only I'd been smarter back then to know to get it done for good!

I am back on track for sure...the last couple days have been harder because I've had my hubby underfoot and constantly wanting to go out to eat or snack or something.... I usually don't have a tough time with his eating habits until I am struggling to just stay firmly planted on the wagon...I'm not all the way there yet, so it's been a challenge to stay on track. I'm proud to say that I have done it though because I really really want to see goal or close to it by the end of this year..

I have used some whole wheat buns for a burger a couple times without any affect... I did have some baked chips once and it didn't seem to reflect on the scale.. it's been months since I've tried doing that again so I dunno if it really does affect the scale or not I do eat stuff like that on my reward days and that's really about it.. is there really nothing on the smart carbs list that you don't like?????

I totally get what you're saying about using a program that you can really enjoy long term... maybe this one isn't for you? Maybe doing Atkins or another version of LC is more suited to you? I so wish I could do Atkins, I miss it!!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

I guess the thing that made/makes me question carb cycling happened the other day. I baked a sweet potato, which seems to be on everyone's "superfood" list. On the cookie sheet, there was probably a tablespoon of this black syrup that cooked out of it....pure sugar! I was thinking "how is this at all acceptable for weight loss?" I have to admit I haven't been cycling like he says. But it just seemed weird to me, to advocate eating something with sugar seeping out of it but a low fat potato chip is the devil. It didn't add up.

There are too many people who say that carb cycling is a good thing, so I'm not giving up on it. However, I have crept up to a number on the scale that I am truly ASHAMED of. I also started a new workout program and I need to drop some pounds, or I'll just plain DROP (like a fly). So for now, I'm trying low carb without the cycling and see what happens. Thanks for the support.

I suggest grilled chicken or sirloin steak, no bread, and a grilled veggie skewer if you find yourself eating out a lot. But then again, it's easier said than done. If your hubby insists on keeping junk food in the house (as my wife does) then maybe you can store it in a cabinet that's out of sight.

I sure hope you meet your goal by the end of this year!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

I confess, you made me giggle about the sweet potato

However, they're loaded with all kinds of good-for-you-stuff! Tons of B6, potassium, and other vitamins...not to mention it's loaded with lots of fiber. Yeaahhhhhhh, wish I even liked sweet potatoes

My family loves them...me, not so much

So, yes, this is why they're probably better for us than, say, some potato chips.. Even just a regular potato offers a lot of good benefits too, so maybe that would be another option for you?

Could you not necessarily be gaining weight but actual muscle since you started a new workout routine? Do you do measurements, and are you noticing your clothes fitting better?

So tempted to try a couple weeks of all LC eating but I'm afraid of freaking my body out even more....so, for now, I'll keep going and see what happens.

Doing great so far this week. I'm working on no longer fighting with the scale and to reduce the amount of days I weigh per week. This is going to be a hard one for me, I am so used to weighing every single day when I'm actively making efforts to lose weight. But, I think that maybe loosening up a little bit and going to maybe once a week might be better for me and allow me to concentrate on the other aspects of the journey that I want to attend to....like fitness and just a general overall feeling of accomplishments.

Thanks for keeping me company here! It's nice to be able to chat alittle bit with someone who knows the program.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

I think they call it NSV around here, "non scale victories." I agree those are HUGE to keep you motivated. Worry about things that you CAN control, like how many workouts you do per week instead of a number on a scale.

For me I think I do the best when I have one "official" weigh in per week, but I usually check my number in the middle of the week just to get an idea of how I'm doing.

I would've thought we'd have more people on this thread, but whatever. Thanks for the ideas! I like chatting with you too.