Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
Do you do the exercise before breakfast? I should have some more time today to get in the reading that should help me be prepared. I want to do this right and give it a fair shake. Thanks for the breakfast ideas.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
sorry...have been MIA (in more ways than one). I am presently "off plan" and back to being disgusted with myself but that's another story. I will be back...I promise! Good luck with your start...it does take a lot of planning. I really liked my green smoothies for breakfast (baby kale/spinach, plain Greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen fruit, Truvia).

Enjoy the holidays and good luck to you!!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Do you do the exercise before breakfast? I should have some more time today to get in the reading that should help me be prepared. I want to do this right and give it a fair shake. Thanks for the breakfast ideas.
I don't always get to them first thing in the morning because of having to take DD to school so early... I do them whenever I can fit them in..
I totally think these simple exercises are the reason my shape is changing---my tops are swimming on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
sorry...have been MIA (in more ways than one). I am presently "off plan" and back to being disgusted with myself but that's another story. I will be back...I promise! Good luck with your start...it does take a lot of planning. I really liked my green smoothies for breakfast (baby kale/spinach, plain Greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen fruit, Truvia).

Enjoy the holidays and good luck to you!!
Aw Sherrie No negative feelings about yourself, please. Just start again and keep going. Keep posting!!
Happy Holidays, lady!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gonna start on Sunday 12/29 so that I can follow the rotation as written in the book. I am kinda OCD and this will help me to plan I think. I may just to do my own exercise program though??
Old 12-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Whatever will help you stay on track! IMO doing any sort of exercise is great....I think he shows us the exercises as a way to get people who have never really done any sort of formal workouts....best guess anyways
Old 12-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

I will be so glad when this week is over....eating has been all over the place
Old 12-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Me too! Finally ate well today though. I think I am going to hold off on the carb cycling plan for a bit and see how far I can get by keeping it simple first.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kat41057
Stats: 194/194/180
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Oct. 2014
Danielle, since you have been following Chris Powell, on the day that is your Reward Day, do you enjoy yourself "All" day, or pick one meal, and enjoy yourself? I stumbled across this topic today when I was reading topics from Lowcarbfriends, and just thought that I would ask... Thanks Kat
Kat41057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Back on track and feeling good!

Sherrie, I hope you'll come back. Miss you, girl!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
I'm definitely gonna start something, but not sure if it will be this....I seem to have a hard time trying to count calories/remember what to eat what day/ eating 5xday/reward meals....maybe too complicated for my "mature" brain.

I do know I can't do sugar (at all)....just sends my cravings crazy. Have been looking at the last few years (I weigh pretty regularly and keep track of what WOE I'm doing) and I seem to lose pretty consistently as long as I'm sticking to a program. Surprise, Surprise!! Have had the most success with WW and JUDD, but can't do JUDD long term....too restrictive and I don't do well feeling deprived. I will figure it out...may just start out with baby steps in the right direction and see what works for me.

I just know I'm starting 2014 10lb heavier than I did 2013....NOT GOOD!

I do plan on keeping up with my journal so will be posting there for sure.

Danielle...you're doing so well and glad you're back on plan!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laysh
Hello everyone! I just started Chris Powell's Turbo carb cycling plan this past Monday (December 30th). I am on day 4 and doing well. The hardest day thus far has been day 2. I'm taking it one day at a time as I have a lot to lose (100 lbs). I hope the activity on this board continues as I could sure use the support. Here's to a great new year to everyone!
Laysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome to "The Pack"

Congrat's on getting started before the end of the month! I can't wait to hear how well the turbo cycle works for you.

I think it could end up just being you & me along for the ride around here. I will do my best to check in. Come find me over in the journals (it's in my sig) if you need to talk.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Laysh~ how are you doing with the cycling?

I've finally broken out of the 230's hopefully for the last time...took me forever. Other than that things are moving along great!

Began working out consistently last week and I am feeling really good!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
So what does everybody eat on their high carb days? I know Chris says quinoa, sweet potatoes, and oats are good. Does anybody have any other ideas? I'm not really sold on the "whole grains are healthy" idea, so when I eat bready things I reach for my low carb bread and wraps.

If anybody is wondering, the Kindle version is (or was) only 2.99 the other day, and that's when I got it and started reading. There are also some videos on Dr. Oz's site from a segment with Chris that are helpful.

I'm not new to calorie counting/low fat. And I'm not new to low carb. I AM, however, new to cycling. So far I'm trying to treat high days like I did when I counted calories- lean protein, low fat. And low days are like Atkins- fattier meats, nuts, etc. I'm sure I'm not doing it EXACTLY like he says, but I'm still hopeful it will work for me.

I'm not sure about that slingshot week, though. If carbs made us fat in the first place, then WHY do we need 7 full days of carbs to "reset our metabolism?" That part doesn't seem quite right. Has anybody had any problems on this plan so far? Like I said, I'm new.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Have you used the food list in the book for ideas of what to eat? There is a lot to choose from.. I can say that I have yet to eat pasta, or bread since starting cycling... I do have rice and corn tortillas on a fairly consistent basis and have had no trouble with losing.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

I have lost at least 2 lbs on slingshot weeks. Trust the process!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

I forgot to ask Jmc, what cycle are you following?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
I've ordered the original 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution last night. I've been really struggling for the past 2 years, having a steady regain. After a lot of thought about a number of things, I'm thinking this might be a better fit than just about anything else I've tried. I checked this book out from the library last fall and skimmed it over; now I'm ready to give the plan a whirl. Keeping track of what day I'm on will be a bit of a challenge, but to be fair, it often is, regardless of what my dietary goals are...
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepinthyme View Post
I've ordered the original 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution last night. I've been really struggling for the past 2 years, having a steady regain. After a lot of thought about a number of things, I'm thinking this might be a better fit than just about anything else I've tried. I checked this book out from the library last fall and skimmed it over; now I'm ready to give the plan a whirl. Keeping track of what day I'm on will be a bit of a challenge, but to be fair, it often is, regardless of what my dietary goals are...
I had to google that title to see what it was...I'd never heard the first book referred to as that

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I forgot to ask Jmc, what cycle are you following?
Thanks for asking! I haven't started for reals yet , but when I do, I am planning on doing the easy cycle. I really have NO experience with this sort of thing. But I googled the carb cycling concept and I was surprised by what I found. I kept finding almost identical plans from all sorts of websites. Even Hugh Jackman and The Rock are known to do this sort of diet, so that made me at least want to try it.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, carb cycling has been around for forever...bodybuilders use it. It doesn't surprise me that the Rock uses it, I mean, look at him I think I read somewhere that Hugh Jackman started doing it when he was getting fit for his Wolverine role...and again, look at him! There scale of everything is just on a much different level than the average Joe.. but all the same concept.

I see from your stats you've lost quite a bit of weight, which I assume is from Atkins? Is there a reason you're not following that plan anymore?

Be sure to post when you begin!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

I lost 116 pounds overall, but I gained a lot back. It's a number of things that led me to try carb cycling. Midway through my weight loss, I got very sick and it was my gallbladder. So I had that removed. People said that a LC diet would clear up my IBS, but it didn't. I don't think my body handles large amounts of fat very well. And, unlike a lot of people on this site, my athletic performance went down when I was strict low carb. I noticed that I was lifting weights like crazy and felt great on days when I was eating carbs. And when I was being "good" and on my diet, my workouts suffered. So to me, this may be a way to get the best of both worlds. We'll see I guess.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

That is absolutely fantastic. I am in absolute awe of anyone who can lose that much weight. Good for you!
Yanno, when I did Atkins the first couple times it worked like a dream. There is something to be said about that golden shot. I got exactly 2 of those and I piddled them away. I had several other attempts with Atkins, following it to the letter, then varying different macros and nothing worked. Then I stepped into the land of JUDDD and while I loved the idea of intermittent fasting and only "dieting half the time", my body had other ideas. Last June I attempted to do Chris's plan the first time and I lasted about a week...I just wasn't ready for it. Took a lot for me to wrap my head around the idea of carbs again! Not to mention the fact that he's right that you have to get your mind right before you can achieve any long-term success. If you haven't read the book (Choose More, Lose More For Life) the first portion of the book is all about the mental aspect of weight loss and the idea of truly believing in yourself. What an eye opener!

Anyways, all that to say, best of luck to you and I do hope you decide to begin with the cycling. I'm having a lot of fun with it and truly enjoy the way I get to eat. I had always thought my body was "broken"..that I would NEVER lose weight, destined to be heavy and unhealthy. This plan has proven me wrong, by a long shot.

Keep posting!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

I think I got the most out of Chapter 2- where he is talking about the importance of making promises to yourself and NOT BREAKING THEM. He says to start with one small promise and build up from there. So many plans encourage you to tear your current life apart and start over RIGHT NOW. That way is just too much of a shock for my body. It seems like Chris takes a more realistic approach and I like that.

I'll definitely keep posting. It seems like there's not many people on this site who are doing this plan, so we need to keep it going.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

The early parts of the book took me some time to get through. I really wanted to do this right and honor the program the way it was written & meant to be followed. I mean, in all seriousness, I am just sick of being on the roller coaster and just done struggling! So many other areas of my life are transforming with all of the change I am making to myself, it's amazing.

I haven't seen many people doing this plan at all... there are people who start it and then give up or decide it isn't for them. It's a lot to absorb and if you're not truly ready it can feel very overwhelming.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amandag818
WOE: Choose More Loose More Chris Powell
Start Date: January 2014
I love fruit infused water. Does anyone know if I can drink that on low carb days? I'm just not sure.
amandag818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandag818 View Post
I love fruit infused water. Does anyone know if I can drink that on low carb days? I'm just not sure.
Hi! Yanno, I'm not 1000% sure but I would think that it probably would need to be held to just High Carb days if you're using more sugary type fruits? Things like lemons, cucs, limes, etc..I would think would be fine.

How long have you been cycling? Looking forward to seeing you post often!

JMC~ how's it going???

Still plugging along over here. Saw a new low yesterday, praying it sticks this week, or even lower! Revamping menus this week, time for some new recipes and some excitement!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. This week my water has apples, pears and cinnamon sticks. It's great. I'm drinking it on High Carb days. Maybe next week I will have cucumber water. I love it.

I just got back in the swing of things. I got everything organized for last week. This week has been a smooth ride. I'm trying not to check my weight everyday but I can see it coming down.

I used the carb cycle about a year ago and did great. But at some point I fell off

I'm using the Bode' shakes for breakfast. Is anyone else?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Recipes?

Does anyone have any recipes they would like to share?
I made the cajun salmon from the Choose More, Loose More book. It was amazing!!!!!

I tried it on Chicken the next night.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandag818 View Post
Does anyone have any recipes they would like to share?
I made the cajun salmon from the Choose More, Loose More book. It was amazing!!!!!

I tried it on Chicken the next night.
I wish I did. I'm more of a bar/shake kind of guy and I don't see a whole lot of recipes like that. Has anybody tried his oatmeal shake, as seen on Dr. Oz? I can eat oats straight out of the box, so I'm sure I'd probably like it.

Hey Desert Gurl sounds like it's going great for you! Great job! Keep it up.

Does anybody else have the problem of trying to "compartmentalize" their meals? I know Chris preaches the ratios of food being important, but sometimes what I want to eat doesn't fit into a neat little "box" for lack of a better word. Sometimes I want to grab a bar or shake. Or sometimes I might want 6 meals a day, other times I might want 4. So I find that aspect to be a bit challenging.