Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Danielle....guess Chris knows what he's talking about!!
Sometimes you just have to trust the process. It certainly seems to be working for you! You still remain my inspiration!
He does, doesn't he? Trusting the process to work for weightloss has also enabled to implement the same principles in my daily life... learning to walk in faith and truly mean it and believe that things will work out how they're supposed to & as if I KNOW how it'll all end... well, I can tell you, it's been priceless. I love what this program has done for my *insides* in all sorts of ways.
As for inspiration, I am only as good as the people I surround myself with. I've been fortunate to have made some lifelong friends here and they inspire me to keep going, push me when I don't think I can do it..

Quote:
Just posted in my journal, but will include it here too....worried about eating out on my LC day yesterday but managed fine. Ordered a small filet and steamed veggies and a salad with dressing on the side (avoided their delicious rolls and cinnamon butter) and managed to lose another 1.5lb! Came home feeling very positive about myself.

Now starting off my HC day with my favorite green smoothie! YUM
Ugh, cinnamon butter...that is the devil, right there! That, on waffles, with syrup

Your green smoothie....does it taste green, or do you put other stuff in it to make it not taste that way?

---------------

Scale did minor bounce up again..just .2 but still I'm I will be SO glad when I'm out of this slingshot week....longest week of my life!!! I would kill for some cheese right about now....and some eggs!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Your green smoothie....does it taste green, or do you put other stuff in it to make it not taste that way?

---------------

Scale did minor bounce up again..just .2 but still I'm I will be SO glad when I'm out of this slingshot week....longest week of my life!!! I would kill for some cheese right about now....and some eggs!
No, my green smoothies don't taste green. I do a couple of handfuls of baby kale or spinach, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 6oz. plain greek yogurt and 1 cup frozen fruit (usually use Dole mixed fruit) and a Truvia packet.

Can't you have eggs on a slingshot week? They're listed under smart proteins.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
No, my green smoothies don't taste green. I do a couple of handfuls of baby kale or spinach, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 6oz. plain greek yogurt and 1 cup frozen fruit (usually use Dole mixed fruit) and a Truvia packet.

Can't you have eggs on a slingshot week? They're listed under smart proteins.
Hmmmm that sounds really good! I may have to steal it!

No eggs because I don't like just whites... the yolks are listed under fats.. so I wait...and I wait some more...
Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hmmmm that sounds really good! I may have to steal it!

No eggs because I don't like just whites... the yolks are listed under fats.. so I wait...and I wait some more...
Now that's strange, because I copied his Smart Foods Guide off his website back in June and he lists eggs under protein....not listed under fats at all. A HB egg has really been my go to protein for a LC day. ???
Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, for a lc day it's perfectly ok.. I live for those eggs on lc days

I am using the food list from the 2nd book and egg whites are listed under proteins and yolks are under fats.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and you were asking about hummus... it's listed under "flavorings"....
Old 12-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes, for a lc day it's perfectly ok.. I live for those eggs on lc days

I am using the food list from the 2nd book and egg whites are listed under proteins and yolks are under fats.
Just looked it up in the book and see it's listed that way. Maybe the food list I have of his is from the first book? Have to be more careful I guess.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

It more than likely is from the 1st book.. all in all though it's still should be ok..I mean, how many people followed it that way before the 2nd book came out...and there are still people using the 1st book as the guideline.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Bouncing...Bouncing....Bouncing.....

just like being on a trampoline.....

Up a smidge more this morning AGAIN...do not even pretend to know what's going on...just figuring it's my body's way of preparing for a new cycle...slingshot weeks suck rocks! This is the first slingshot week where I haven't lost consistently...there's a first for everything, apparently

Reward day today and I am totally afraid to eat anything

This too shall pass and all will be right with the world in a few days....
Old 12-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Actually, Danielle, maybe your body needs a reward day....funny how our screwed up metabolism works! It's gotten used to your slingshot week...shock it with a good reward day!

Keep on truckin...you got this!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, I'm mixin it all up today...hopefully by tomorrow as I begin a LC day my body will be revved and ready to start losing again.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

I need .6 to get back to my low! Been busy relosing my "bloat" from Friday. I am *this* close to being down a straight 25 lbs.. I would LOVE to have that before Christmas!!

I really need to figure out what I'm gonna do for Christmas day...stay on track and not switch out my reward day, which is normally Friday..or switch it to Wed. so I can relax and have some fun with the fam. Decisions!

Crazy busy around here with Christmas stuff!!! I'll be lucky if I'm not up all night Christmas Eve wrapping...my own fault.
Santa's been naughty this year and procrastinated
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

It actually works out for me as we celebrate Christmas with the whole family here on Christmas Eve. That will be my HC day and although I'm not supposed to have dinner as my reward meal, I will make an exception that day.

Had a crazy weekend....stayed within calories Friday on my LC day but too much salt and not enough water and had a 2.5lb gain Saturday morning on the scale. Down 2lb yesterday morning after a HC day and then yesterday blew it making and decorating Christmas cookies with the grandkids. Actually it wasn't the making and decorating that blew it....it was the sampling! So scale is up 2lb again this morning. Making this a clean LC day and chugging water as we speak!!

I hear you on being behind....haven't even started my Christmas cards yet or wrapping....everything bought though. I am a procrastinist (sp?) at heart!!

25lb will be fantastic!! You can do it!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

It's a bummer that Xmas day is a LC day for me or I'd just keep things the same..

All things considered you have done pretty great. I call it success when you're able to just keep moving!

Hoping to get everything done today so all I have to do is wrap the next few days.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Hit the 25 pound mark today.

So grateful for a lifestyle I love! I cannot imagine eating any other way.

I feel so much better heading into Christmas week next week!

I've not been making a lot of room for formal exercise with all the running around I've been doing. I am looking to begin pushing myself at the first of the month so that I can really start changing those measurements!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle....Congrats!! You did it!

That's just the inspiration I need (once again).

Really struggling right now after that sugar this weekend....cravings are killing me!

Did weigh in today and managed 6.5lb my first week....just need to stick to this one day at a time!!

Last edited by onceNforall; 12-17-2013 at 08:17 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there, Sherrie! Cravings are the devil
Keep remember how much better you feel when you're eating clean... and the weight you've lost already...all very awesome things happening for you!!!

I did it, and then it went away Bounced back up today 1.2 I know the trend is what's important and so I keep plodding along.......
Still, I would LOVE to see my body give me some consistent back-to-back losses without makin me sweat for everything
Old 12-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Back down some...just .2 up from my newest low..

.....just call me the human yo-yo

Going to try and eek out some more for tomorrow's weigh in---tomorrow's reward day and I would hate to still be UP before then. So, super clean eats today, and a minimum of 1 gallon of water----I'm thinking I could do with a bit more today, I seem to be puffy today

Getting a plan together for the new year--going to totally revamp everything and see if I can get the losses moving & grooving My only "resolution" for the new year is to keep exercise a consistent part of my days--I need it!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Fallen off the wagon here and being dragged along behind. I'm in one of those..." what the heck, Christmas is right around the corner and might as well wait til January" moods....DANGEROUS! I'm one of those rare birds that loves fruitcake and DH comes home with 3 Claxton fruitcakes, which are my favorite!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Such a slippery slope, huh? Hang in there!

I am trying to figure out what the heck is going on with the scale Seems to be hormone-driven and it's really P***ing me off I am eating clean and staying more than hydrated... I think TOM is coming but I'm not sure? It sucks being a girl sometimes
Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Alrighty, well I gave myself an attitude adjustment over in my journal:

PERSPECTIVE:

Chris says that the truest day to measure weight loss is Thursday's... or the morning before your reward day--for me, reward day is Friday, so Thursday it is!!

I went through and logged every single Thursday weigh-in since I began carb cycling.... amazing how much different the picture looks this way... I'm glad I did it because it's given me a major attitude adjustment and I KNOW I am doing awesome!

09/19... 249.8
09/26... 247.8
10/03... 246.2
10/11... 245.0
10/18... 242.0
10/24... 240.6
10/31... 239.4
11/07... 236.8
11/14... 235.2
11/21... 235.2
11/28... 231.8
12/05... 230.8
12/12... 230.6
12/19... 229.4
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

That is impressive, Danielle! Guess weighing once a week keeps us from the emotional ups and downs. Now if there was just a 12 step program for those of us addicted to the daily weigh-ins!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Sherrie... but seriously, no idea "why" I thought Thursday's were the day Chris said...apparently I'm putting words in his mouth ... what he did say was that the ideal day to weight willl be the morning of a High Carb day, the day after a Low Carb day and before your reward day... DUH! ...and with that, Thursdays end up being "my day"...

The daily weighing just keeps me honest. I can't balance the slippery slope of weekly weighing. Justifying extra bites, tastes, etc...all because the weigh in isn't for days, etc... daily weighing takes all that game play out of the equation for me
Old 12-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Hi Danielle
I am going to start the choose to lose program (the 7 day book) any day now. I am impatiently waiting for the book to arrive in the mail. I ordered it on Dec 10 and am hoping it wasn't lost in the mail, no tracking available so seller won't consider it undelivered until 12/31. Hope to be checking in with you as I get started!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Got my book today

Sherrie are you still doing the plan? I think if I start tomorrow I will be on track for a higher carb day for Christmas. We usually eat around 2-ish. Maybe I should just wait until after Christmas, but I am afraid of the damage I might do if I don't get serious about a plan asap!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Looking forward to hearing what you think after you read the book!

Totally up to you on how you want to approach the upcoming holidays Christmas day is going to be my reward day, even though my usual days are Fridays... HC day for Xmas Eve & then Reward Day for Xmas...

I'm not real familiar with how different/similar the 1st book is to the 2nd so you'll have to fill me in!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Does your book say to have carbs with breakfast on your LC days?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes ma'am.... protein+carbs+veggies 7 days a week for 1st meal regardless of the day.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Danielle
What kind of carbs do you have with your breakfast? I am skeered of this program I think, exercise before breakfast?? Eat within 30 mins of waking. I need to do more reading and get things in order before I officially commit to a start date.

Last edited by jeaniem; 12-22-2013 at 07:15 AM..
Old 12-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Some days I just do greek yogurt w/ some granola... others I do half of a multi-grain English muffin w/ scrambled egg whites w/ spinach & tomatoes w/ salsa.. or protein shakes... The eating within 30 min. gets easier--I struggled w/ it at first and now I look forward to it most days.
I'm also a creature of habit, I could eat the same things every day for a long while before I get bored.

You definitely have to have a plan in place before you begin--it requires lots of planning & prep to make it not overwhelming.