Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
I did question Chris on FB about eating every 3 hours on your "cheat" day. He did respond that yes, maintain that schedule and just increase your calorie limit by 1000 calories so 2500 for that day instead of 1500. That wasn't in his first book, I don't believe, but haven't read the newest one yet.

Great to know you can ask a question and get such a prompt reply!!
So for the cheap day we can eat up to 2500 calories? Wow, that seems like a lot of food to me but I'm thinking that is a good way to "shake" up our bodies!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
We'll see what happens, but don't think I'll get on the scale tomorrow!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

So....managed to stick to my 2500cal. yesterday, but don't want to tell anyone what I ate! Not good choices....but it was a CHEAT day, right? I hadn't planned on getting on the scale this morning but couldn't resist peeking....and I actually was down 1/2lb since yesterday! How did that happen? Of course, it may show up tomorrow!

Trying to make this a clean LC day.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
So....managed to stick to my 2500cal. yesterday, but don't want to tell anyone what I ate! Not good choices....but it was a CHEAT day, right? I hadn't planned on getting on the scale this morning but couldn't resist peeking....and I actually was down 1/2lb since yesterday! How did that happen? Of course, it may show up tomorrow!

Trying to make this a clean LC day.
This would be a NIGHTMARE with my binging issue, I would have ate so much more than the 2500 cals because I would have been afraid I wasn't eating enough, and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get "back on the horse" the next day at all!

Wish this wasn't the case because I REALLY like the way this diet is set up, and would be SO doable for me if it wasn't for the binging danger.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JodyJane
Stats: 252H/ 222.8 C/ ?
WOE: Chris Powell Carb Cycling
Start Date: Daily
Hi, is anyone still around? I just started today with a HC day. Love Chris and his show. Please post and lets keep this one going
*Jody
JodyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hi Jody,
Which Choose to Lose plan are you doing? I’ve downloaded some stuff from his site, but have not read the book. Do you have a certain # of calories or carbs you eat each day?

I’m doing something similar, just started Monday. I went with the Cooper Two day diet. It’s actually two, two day diets a week; Monday and Tuesday and Thursday and Friday. (sort of like the Turbo Cycle) On days are 600-900 calories with protein or dairy (an egg or cottage cheese) with a fruit or small grain for breakfast and 4-6 oz meat with veggies and a fruit for lunch and dinner. The off days are about 1200 calories with an additional “healthy type” carb for lunch and dinner and two cravers. Cravers are supposed to be the reward to keep you from feeling deprived and quitting. They range from alcoholic beverage, small brownie, popcorn, ˝ candy bar, butter, regular dressing, etc. There are also a few unlimited items like greens, cukes, radishes, pickles, SF jello and seasonings. The best part though is no counting or tracking. You simply pick an item from one of three or four lists and off you go.

How do the reward days or meals work with CtL? Are there any parameters?

This is a link to where I have been posting if you’re interested:
Has anybody tried the The 2-Day Diet?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Bumping this old thread. Who's doing it? How many cals and carbs on high and low days is my main question...

I think this is completely doable for me!
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SadieJack
WOE: LC
Start Date: Feb 2013
The calories for women on low days is 1200 and 1500 for high. NOt sure about carb counts. High carb days you start with protein and fruit or protein and starchy carbs (oatmeal, toast, etc.). Then each meal after that is protein and fruit and carbs. No fat though! The low carb days you start with protein and fruit or carb, but the rest of your meals are just protein and veggies WITH fats.

Eat breakfast within 30 min of awakening and a small meal (5 in all) every three hours after that.

Cheating can be option 1 - one meal a day (on your high carb days) you eat whatever you want OR option 2 - one DAY a week you can eat whatever you want all day.
SadieJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I feel like the high carb days would be my cheat days! Lol. Every Saturday would be a high carb day. Feels like a diet for me..

I am seriously considering this. I just started LC again today and was planning on doing 40g carbs a day approximately.

I think on LC it's hard to eat too many calories. 1200 isn't much though..

Do you carb cycling is harmful for my metabolism and such in the future? Like if I do this for a year, will something bad happen in my body...
Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

He actually addresses the metabolism issue and that is why he advocates eating 5 small meals a day to keep your "furnace" running right. He also talks about the types of carbs and how they rate on the glycemic index. It is not the carbs per se but the load they put on your system.

yeah...1200 is not very much!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

ok thanks for answering my questions! So I guess I can't eat bread and potatoes on high carb days then... I guess some diets are too good to be true Perhaps I'll buy his book.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I do think you can eat some "bad" carbs in moderation. Check out his website too! Good Luck!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Yup, I did! But I couldn't really find a lot of info.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #44

I liked the plan but eating every 3 hours when I don't wake up until 10 at times made it such that I was eating way into the night. This caused me to binge again from the very start of the diet so I had to back away.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
If you have a binge eating disorder, any diet or restrictive eating plan is going to make you binge until you find help for the problem.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Not good, Beeb. I certainly don't have a binge disorder, or any disorder, so I think I'll be fine. Only problem now is I haven't really stuck to LC these two days like I was supposed to... I only started yesterday!! Oh well..

What do you think about 40 carbs max on low days and 200 or so on high days? I'm thinking of having Saturdays off at least....
Old 07-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
What do you think about 40 carbs max on low days and 200 or so on high days? I'm thinking of having Saturdays off at least....
I think you should give this a try and see what happens. 200 carbs seem a bit high to me but I always tended to eat lower carb, even while do a regular type diet that wasn't LC.

It's a tweak and see type of world, see what works for you!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
If you have a binge eating disorder, any diet or restrictive eating plan is going to make you binge until you find help for the problem.
Yup, learned this the hard way! The only thing that keeps my binging very much under control is eating LC, simple and very clean; no sweeteners or sweetener laden products, no LC subs and just meat/eggs/dairy/veggies. It's working wonderfully now so I'm thinking this was the help for my problem with binging.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I think you should give this a try and see what happens. 200 carbs seem a bit high to me but I always tended to eat lower carb, even while do a regular type diet that wasn't LC.

It's a tweak and see type of world, see what works for you!
I've seen some sites say 0,5x bodyweight in lbs for low carb days, and 2x bodyweight for high. Some say more, some say less. It's really confusing! I'll try an up day tomorrow and just eat what I would eat before LC.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
Bump! How is everyone doing?

I've been stalking Chrispowell.com and i'm very intrigued by all the info. I think i could go right into the turbo plan effortlessly. Anybody experience good weight loss with this?
Barbie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Attempted this back in June and was not ready mentally at all......

Ffwd:
About 3 days into my 8th week and down almost 19 pounds. Doing the classic cycle, currently in a slingshot week (all HC days) and this Sat. I will begin a round of turbo cycle just to see what it feels like. Love this plan and how easy it feels. I am never hungry and I enjoy what I get to eat!

If there's anyone else following, post up, I'd love the company!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharkini
Stats: 281/271/???
WOE: hAcg, R1 P2
Start Date: 10/16/14
Hi

I just started reading CMLM For Life. A co-worker and I traded books after deciding she didn't want it and desperately wanted a cookbook that I had. (Breads From Around The World!!)

I've been following JUDDD for several weeks, have seen a fair loss, but this book is very interesting. Not to mention the success stories - amazing.

So, I'm going to try a combo of carb cycling with JUDDD. I just need to tweak my days target calories a little.

DesertGurl, you're having great results!! If you're willing, can you share an example of what a day on Classic Cycle looks like for you?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dwhite23
Stats: 174/162/140
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Ffwd:
About 3 days into my 8th week and down almost 19 pounds. Doing the classic cycle, currently in a slingshot week (all HC days) and this Sat. I will begin a round of turbo cycle just to see what it feels like. Love this plan and how easy it feels. I am never hungry and I enjoy what I get to eat!

Congrats on your loss so far! That is awesome. I am starting the turbo cycle tomorrow. My only concern is exercise on LC days. Have you been following the workout plans? If so how are you doing?
dwhite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

I opted out of the turbo cycle after the first week and I lost nothing. I went back to classic for the remainder of my month. I didn't like how turbo made me feel...very tired and lethargic.

Until recently, I'd only done the 9min. missions and have just begun implementing cardio into my days. I don't notice a difference on either day, but then again, I'm not pushing myself like I'm some triathlete!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post

Ffwd:

Danielle....I've followed your journal off and on and you have really inspired me this time with Chris's plan!! I think I'm even more impressed with your positivity (is there such a word?) than your weight loss. You are rockin it girl!

I tried this back in June also but never gave it a fair shake. Started the Easy Cycle today....little bit afraid of a Reward Day for me....I can easily get out of control and figured I'd be safer with a Reward Meal on HC days. I may not lose as quickly, but need to start feeling positive in my relationship with food and start keeping some promises to myself. I love his whole mind/body transformation....definitely needed in my life.

Hope to see some more people join this thread and chart their journey. A couple questions....see you have mentioned Chris answering your questions. Is that on his FB page? How do you reach him? I'm wondering if almond milk (unsweetened) and hummus would be allowed and where they might fit in.

Keep up the good work!!

67 years young

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...cenforall.html
Old 12-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw, Sherrie you're sweet! You know I tried to do this back in June and I just wasn't ready. Mentally or emotionally. I was determined to really make the total transformation and not just half-@$$ it like I have done so much of over the years. I really wanted to but just could not get honest enough with myself for my liking. I just got tired of being tired, yanno? And not just in weight loss per se, but just in life. I've had alot of family drama happen the last few years that left me questioning ALOT. It lead me on a much needed journey of learning and discovery...the last piece (little did I know) would be Chris' program to help me put it all together. I'll be honest, it's scary. Getting real and honest with yourself is not a whole lot of fun to begin with, but it's necessary. Yes, the book is fairly short in length, but the exercises he's put in there, the journaling and the questions he asks..that took me nearly 2 weeks to complete the way that I needed to. Do your work & trust the process! Scariest, hardest, and most emotional thing I've ever done, but has been such a blessing!! Good luck!

Yes, he will answer on his FB page...sometimes quickly, other times it takes him alittle bit to get back. Almond milk unsweetened is allowed..I use it in my protein shakes 3-4x a week. And I also believe hummus is perfectly ok..I need to find where I saw that, but I would do it on High carb days though.

Do what cycle feels best. You do not need to justify it to anyone as long as it fits your lifestyle!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling very positive...on day three of this plan. I know, it's early and it's still the honeymoon phase but had a good HC day yesterday with a reward meal and didn't let it get out of control. That's a big step for me! And saw another loss on the scale this morning...I'll take it!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

That's fantastic!! Those big losses in the beginning are so good for the mental aspect, feels good to see progress.

Eeeked out a new baby low for the month, so far.... Phew! I was startin' to sweat it a little bit

So, originally I had planned to keep doing my rotations and not do a slingshot week this week (like it's written), all because I really wanted to keep on truckin with losing because of my goals I have set for myself for this crazy month we have going on.. Well, I'll tell ya, my body had other ideas and I just sort've feel into a slingshot week and the scale finally started moving. So I'm just going with it and it is what it is, right? That's what I get for trying to deviate from things--my body, turns out, is smarter than I am
Old 12-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle....guess Chris knows what he's talking about!!
Sometimes you just have to trust the process. It certainly seems to be working for you! You still remain my inspiration!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Just posted in my journal, but will include it here too....worried about eating out on my LC day yesterday but managed fine. Ordered a small filet and steamed veggies and a salad with dressing on the side (avoided their delicious rolls and cinnamon butter) and managed to lose another 1.5lb! Came home feeling very positive about myself.

Now starting off my HC day with my favorite green smoothie! YUM