Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leeloo
Stats: 222/189/140
WOE: Atkins/whole foods/KISS
Start Date: 1/15/2014 (this time)
Yesterday I did late lunch, early dinner, but I was pretty hungry by bedtime.

Fast 5-ers: What time is your eating window?
leeloo is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Leelo my eating window is 2 -7. Some days I do longer, but when I do it's usually unplanned. Yesterday I closed at 6:30pm and didn't open until 3:00pm this afternoon because I was busy. I try to keep my carbs to a minimum because I know they send off cravings.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
My window is also 2-7 only because it works with my family situation. Lots of times, like today, will close at 6 cause I'm no longer hungry and it will give me a longer fast.

On super bowl sunday, I may try to make it later so I munch through the game. Some of those commercials rattle my brain with so much food.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
HEY ALL!

Day 2 here and did I stuff myself silly last night or what?!

All went well as in the times, but may shorten it to 2.30 - 7.30 as I couldn't eat after then anyways. I know what you mean about the stomach shrinking thing, geez! I had to feed half my rice to the dog.
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Last edited by SICCHI; 01-31-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
I hear you on the pizza! I don't know what I'll have for the big game. It will just be my dh and me so other people won't be adding to my stress.

I got on the scales this morning - end of the month and lost 1.4 lbs since Jan 20 (started F5) and 2.6 since Jan 1. And the best part is down a total of 4.25" since Jan 1. I feel alot of loose skin on my upper arms and that's where I lost an inch. Obviously I need to start toning!

I do water aerobics and callanetics so I need to up them.

I'm so excited about this WOE!!!!

Are you on the FB page for Fast5? There's a lot of great help there. Two group - I'm in each.
I'm so happy for you! That's great progress. I didn't measure my arms when I started out, may I should during my next weigh in. I know I lost inches because my jacket sleeves are beginning to feel much looser. I wish we had water aerobics over here. You definitely want to start toning up, summer will be here shortly and you're gonna want to show off those arms!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeloo View Post
I make the kefir myself, with kefir grains and goat milk. It's delicious as-is, or in a shake with other ingredients.

For protein powder I'm using Designer Whey, French vanilla flavor, right now, but I noticed that the carbs in it are higher than they used to be, so I might switch to another brand when I finish this can. Or I might not - the carbs are higher because now the ingredients are all-natural with no aspartame or sucralose, which I like. It's hard to decide!
I wonder if I can find kefir grains over here but your shake does sound yummy. I already have the protein powder, coconut milk & frozen berries. I can probably put something together that taste almost as yummy as your drink. If you're not too sure if you should switch protein powders just keep an eye on the scale. If it looks like it's creeping up then you'll know you might want to slacken up.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICCHI View Post
HEY ALL!

Day 2 here and did I stuff myself silly last night or what?!

All went well as in the times, but may shorten it to 2.30 - 7.30 as I couldn't eat after then anyways. I know what you mean about the stomach shrinking thing, geez! I had to feed half my rice to the dog.
Great work Sicchi. Believe me, it does get easier and your stomach will begin to feel much, much smaller.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

BF and I want to go out tomorrow night, so I'm going to try to increase my fasting window to 20+ hours. I'm thinking instead of opening my window at 2pm I'll go for 3pm, and extend my feeding window from 5 hours to 8 hours. That will give me until 11pm to eat. Let's hope I can pull this off, I weigh-in on Monday, and I'm hoping I don't do any damage.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

sldeal - have a fun dinner out! You'll have to tell us what you eat

Kefir is similar to yogurt - do they have yogurt in the Bahamas? For a reasonable cost? I recently went to Hawaii and yikes - dairy products are expensive there!

Last edited by leeloo; 02-01-2013 at 01:15 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all! Day 3 for me, and it's going well.

I switched my eating window to 5pm-10pm, and I think I'm going to like it. I don't have to go to bed hungry, or worry about what I'll eat at lunch. I'm using my lunch hour to take a walk, instead, which is perfect.

Tonight I'm going to fry up some chicken

(What's that? Am I still hungry during the day and kind of obsessed with food? Why, yes, indeed I am. )
Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

me too! Day 3 here and all i can think about is food. Thats why I like juddd, I get a break from that every second day, but still am sticking with it. Gonna make a coffee and get busy. Its 9am so got a bit of time to fill.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
I am kind of doing this. I open my window at 11:30 or 12:00 and close it at 4:30 or 5:00. Since I never ate after 4:30 or 5:00 anyway, for me it is basically skipping breakfast, which is no big deal. I hope it works!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sldeal - have a fun dinner out! You'll have to tell us what you eat

Kefir is similar to yogurt - do they have yogurt in the Bahamas? For a reasonable cost? I recently went to Hawaii and yikes - dairy products are expensive there!
We're having a cool spell over here so we decided to put off going out until another week, neither of us like cold weather

Yep everything over here is everything is expensive its the price you pay for living abroad thanks for telling me about using the yogurt i have to give the protein shake a try.

Because I'm not going out I'll be closing my window at my regular time tonight, that makes me happy enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all! Day 3 for me, and it's going well

(What's that? Am I still hungry during the day and kind of obsessed with food? Why, yes, indeed I am. )
SOUNDS YUMMY
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
me too! Day 3 here and all i can think about is food. Thats why I like juddd, I get a break from that every second day, but still am sticking with it. Gonna make a coffee and get busy. Its 9am so got a bit of time to fill.
Hang in there i know you can make it!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
I am kind of doing this. I open my window at 11:30 or 12:00 and close it at 4:30 or 5:00. Since I never ate after 4:30 or 5:00 anyway, for me it is basically skipping breakfast, which is no big deal. I hope it works!
Thanks for dropping by. Did you manage to lose much weight eating the 1 or 2 meals?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Wow -- this thread has been busy since my last check-in -- so happy as more and more folks try and like Fast5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
I'm so happy for you! That's great progress. I didn't measure my arms when I started out, may I should during my next weigh in. I know I lost inches because my jacket sleeves are beginning to feel much looser. I wish we had water aerobics over here. You definitely want to start toning up, summer will be here shortly and you're gonna want to show off those arms!
The clothes show the decrease even if you haven't measured. Good for you!!

Quote:
BF and I want to go out tomorrow night, so I'm going to try to increase my fasting window to 20+ hours. I'm thinking instead of opening my window at 2pm I'll go for 3pm, and extend my feeding window from 5 hours to 8 hours. That will give me until 11pm to eat. Let's hope I can pull this off, I weigh-in on Monday, and I'm hoping I don't do any damage.
I was able to do a 20 hour, I think yesterday and did it fine. I don't think you'll find it a problem. Seems to me that after hour 19, calm and no appetite sets in. Or it just may be me!!

Quote:
Hello all! Day 3 for me, and it's going well.

I switched my eating window to 5pm-10pm, and I think I'm going to like it. I don't have to go to bed hungry, or worry about what I'll eat at lunch. I'm using my lunch hour to take a walk, instead, which is perfect.

Glad you are doing well with this WOE. The first week was rough for me, but it definitely has gotten easier. Spoken by an experienced Fast5er of 2 whole weeks!

Quote:
You can do it!! It wll get better!

Quote:
I hope it works too!!

WTG everyone -- I'm so glad you started this Sideal -- nice to have/give support. (hope I didn't miss anyone)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
My DH and I are doing Fast 5, with LC and no wheat. Our window is usually about 1-6 or 2-7. But, we don't eat after 6pm either way. I lost 12 #'s in Jan. DH is about at goal, may want to lose another 5 at the most. He is 6'6" and weighs about 192. So. he's looking pretty slim. We are both exercising to try to build muscles and strength. I find IF a easy lifestyle. Add LC and stay off sugar, wheat. Good weight loss as well.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Hey all! So its 11pm on day 3 and I ate SOOOO much tonight!
I fine that 10-2 are my hunger periods. I find a coffee can ease that. When it got to 5pm, my break-fast, I could have not eaten but I did. And then had beers, then made pizzas and butterscotch cookies and they were amazing!!
So super-full in bed right now.
I weighed in at 63.4 kg from 64kg yesterday. Water weight? Thats a humungazoid drop for me. I don't count on it being there tomorrow. I am definantly finding it interesting and learning new things about how to seriously control my body. Will check in tomorrow!

sldeal - isn't it great when you can stick to routine? I hate interuptions!

Lily - how I wish I could finish eating at a reasonable hour!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Quote:
Thanks for dropping by. Did you manage to lose much weight eating the 1 or 2 meals?
I should have clarified, I've only been doing the 5 hour window for a few days. I was doing a 9 or 9.5 hour window before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
My DH and I are doing Fast 5, with LC and no wheat. Our window is usually about 1-6 or 2-7. But, we don't eat after 6pm either way. I lost 12 #'s in Jan. DH is about at goal, may want to lose another 5 at the most. He is 6'6" and weighs about 192. So. he's looking pretty slim. We are both exercising to try to build muscles and strength. I find IF a easy lifestyle. Add LC and stay off sugar, wheat. Good weight loss as well.
My family was wheat/sugar free for 8 months or so and then came the holidays. Once wheat and sugar are reintroduced, it is so hard to come off of them!

Quote:
I fine that 10-2 are my hunger periods. I find a coffee can ease that. When it got to 5pm, my break-fast, I could have not eaten but I did. And then had beers, then made pizzas and butterscotch cookies and they were amazing!!
So super-full in bed right now.
I weighed in at 63.4 kg from 64kg yesterday. Water weight? Thats a humungazoid drop for me. I don't count on it being there tomorrow. I am definantly finding it interesting and learning new things about how to seriously control my body. Will check in tomorrow!

sldeal - isn't it great when you can stick to routine? I hate interuptions!

Lily - how I wish I could finish eating at a reasonable hour!
I have heard that it gets easier! I sure hope so! I will tell you that eating carbs at the end of my window makes me soooooo much hungrier the next day.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
I agree, I find if I end my window with a fat I'm not too hungry during my fast. Carbs keep me craving, or if I eat a carb I try to eat it when I first open my window, but I always try to close it with a fat. So far, that seems to work for me.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sicchi Congrats on our weight loss! To me a loss is a loss and anything is better than a gain!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I should have clarified, I've only been doing the 5 hour window for a few days. I was doing a 9 or 9.5 hour window before.
My family was wheat/sugar free for 8 months or so and then came the holidays. Once wheat and sugar are reintroduced, it is so hard to come off of them!
I have heard that it gets easier! I sure hope so! I will tell you that eating carbs at the end of my window makes me soooooo much hungrier the next day.
Lily it does get easier, but I do have my hungry moments. Although I try to end my window with non-carbs, it also helps for me to be busy. If I'm not busy I find myself counting the minutes before my feast begins.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I didn't go out so I managed to close my window on time. Today I did 21 hrs fast, but I wanted to go longer, (I was so busy cleaning I didn't want to stop) but BF came by and he bought food. I opened at 4pm and I'm hoping I can close at 5:30, I'm stuffed right now and I'm sure I won't be able to gorge on any more food. My window closes officially at 7pm so if the 'hungry bug' does bite me before then, I have room to play.

Have a great day everybody, and enjoy the SuperBowl!

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Wow -- this thread has been busy since my last check-in -- so happy as more and more folks try and like Fast5
I was able to do a 20 hour, I think yesterday and did it fine. I don't think you'll find it a problem. Seems to me that after hour 19, calm and no appetite sets in. Or it just may be me!!
wildflower I agree with you. I find 1-2 hours before my feeding window, hunger might set in, then right at my feeding window my appetite is gone. I often think it's a mental thing, when we know we can't have something we want it most, and when we know we can have something, we no longer want it.

At least I think I'm beginning to learn my body and I'm learning to control my food and not have it control me, although I know I have a long way to go, it's nice to know I'm getting there!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

I retrieved this from Michael Eades Blog - Tips & Tricks for starting (restarting) Low carb.

If you're combining FF with LC you might find the below interesting.

Eat more fat

If you want to reduce the time you spend in low-carb adaptation, crank up the fat. If you go on a high-protein, moderate-fat diet (Schwatka’s reindeer diet), your body will convert the protein to glucose via gluconeogenesis, so you’ll still have glucose to keep the glucose worker enzymes busy and will prolong the conversion to fat and ketones as your primary energy source.

So Rule Number One to reduce the time spent in low-carb adaptation purgatory is: Don’t be a wuss when you start your low-carb way of eating. Keep the carbs cut to the minimum and load up on the fat. Eat fatty cuts of meat, cooked in butter or lard if you want, and force your body over to using the fats and ketones for energy as nature intended. I mean, don’t try to be noble by eating boneless, skinless chicken breasts – instead insert some pats of butter under the skin of a chicken leg and thigh before cooking, and wolf them with your fingers while the fat drips down your arms. Do not trim the fat from your steaks – eat them from the fat side in.

If you leave anything on your plate, make sure it’s the meat and not the fat. If you don’t already, learn to love bacon, and don’t cook it ‘til the fat is all gone: eat it wobbly. Wallow in Mangalitsa lardo.

And whatever you do, for God’s sake, don’t listen to your body during this adaptation period or you’ll never cross the chasm between fat and miserable on your high-carb diet and slim, happy, energetic and low-carb adapted on the other side.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
wildflower I agree with you. I find 1-2 hours before my feeding window, hunger might set in, then right at my feeding window my appetite is gone. I often think it's a mental thing, when we know we can't have something we want it most, and when we know we can have something, we no longer want it.

At least I think I'm beginning to learn my body and I'm learning to control my food and not have it control me, although I know I have a long way to go, it's nice to know I'm getting there!
So true -- I did 20.5 today -- trying to stretch it our for tomorrow - superbowl! It was really easy -- I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong

That excerpt from Dr. Eades is so true. I usually break fast with coffee or tea with HWC and CO. Fat makes me feel good and probably adds to my calm. After that, I take it easy and eat till full. I'm not calorie counting and I wonder if I'm eating enough - sure don't want to go into starvation mode. However, today I was down another lbs so I guess my body is doing the right thing and using fat to survive. I like that.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

wildflower I'm sure our bodies are far from starvation mode right now. It sounds like you're really doing well, down another pound It's amazing how much better our life can be when we finally take control of our eating habits.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Day 5 for me and feeling a little more incontrol. Went easier on the food last night after my huge day 3! Weighted myself this morning and 64.1
Not sure why as my food day yesterday was pretty small. Will keep working on it. Does anyone fear their metabolism may slow down???