Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Yep, I'm doing Fast 5 too. I have tried several IF plans, but this one seems to fit my schedule better. I haven't weighed for a while because I just want to focus on the plan and give my body some time to adjust. I can tell a difference in my pants though
artemis19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis19 View Post
Yep, I'm doing Fast 5 too. I have tried several IF plans, but this one seems to fit my schedule better. I haven't weighed for a while because I just want to focus on the plan and give my body some time to adjust. I can tell a difference in my pants though
artemis I just had a peak at your status, you did fantastic! This is my 6th day, and each day I find it gets easier, although today was a toughie. I hope I can stick with it as long as you've been doing it. Thanks so much for stopping by and keeping me inspired. I see you went all the way down from a 22W to a 4! That's amazing. How long did it take you to get to that size? Also I notice I have lots more energy, don't know if it's temporary or not. Did you experience the same?

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlejen View Post
I'm doing this (with 8-hour fast as my fallback plan) with a window from 6-11 pm. Recently I don't get to bed before midnight, otherwise my window would be 5-10 pm. So depending what timing you select, it doesn't have to require a lunch at all! No matter how I work it, I only seem to be hungry for one large meal within that window. I'm making a point of having another meal before the time is up, because I cannot sleep on an empty stomach. But there's no reason you'd have to have lunch! And if you like breakfast foods, you could always make them for your second meal.
fiddleI find my best window is 2pm - 7pm. My heaviest meal is usually at 2pm and then before closing I try to have a healthy snack or something light. One thing I like is that I don't eat half as much as I use to. I've been doing Fast5 for 6 days now, I'm sure, other than weight loss, I'll soon be experiencing other beneficial side affects. Thanks for dropping by.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

The rest of my day went okay, I didn't fall off the wagon and I was able to close my window in time.

L = chicken salad, coca cola zero
D = Wendy's baconator (bunless, no tomatoes or ketchup); crystal lite lemonade
S = approx 10 - 15 nuts
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
My DH and I are doing LC and we will be starting the Fast 5 tomorrow. Looking forward to good results.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fiddlejen
Stats: 296 oh no!!/287/..a whole lot less!!..
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: IF 2013->Atkins 2/20. 3/13 aiming for Atkins Again
Well so far so good for today. Well, almost. Started my meal at 6:00 pm. On The Dot. But got distracted around 10 pm & missed my snack, so had some food at 11:30 pm. Not a lot... so, a half-hour over... I think that's close enough for today.

However. I'm finding myself eating in a way that I don't like. Not so much what I'm eating, as how.

The thing is, even though I will admit to "binge" eating as a normal pattern.. the fact is, basically, that's when I just make a choice to eat too much. A Bad choice, maybe a Not-Paying-Attention choice, to eat a LOT too much. But even so, each bite is still a conscious Choice.

But with this Fast-5 I've now had a number of occasions where it almost felt like like my Hands were making the choice to stuff food into my mouth. Like somewhere deep inside, my brain knows there's a time limit, and is telling my hands to grab food & my mouth to chew, while my Conscious Choice is like a race-jockey trying to stop a horse that just heard the starting gun.

This is the sensation that I used to think the word "binge" referred to. It's happened a few times now, and I don't like it. I went to the fridge for one slice of cheese, and a moment later half the pack was gone. I got a packet of "seaweed snack," about 20 pieces of a baked seaweed. Decided to have three pieces ... and in less time than it should have taken to eat only one, all but three pieces of the pack were gone!

I'm not liking this really at all.
I've been getting stomachaches after my main meal too, but that's less troubling, since I know it's from eating too much on an empty stomach. Today I was smart about the meal, at least. I switched to celery sticks & dip before I reached the point of stomach pain. (The seaweed binge came later, around 9.) I'll be buying more celery tomorrow, which should help for mealtimes.

And I guess I'm gonna be praying about the binges. Maybe even ask my pastor for prayer. Because I really don't like this eating against-my-will feeling.

(However, otherwise I still feel overall Better with the IF, so I'm still sticking with it. )

Last edited by fiddlejen; 01-10-2013 at 09:58 PM..
fiddlejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
My DH and I are doing LC and we will be starting the Fast 5 tomorrow. Looking forward to good results.
Good luck to you and your DH Ladysilver I find my most difficult battle right now is patience this is my 7th day, I'll weigh in on my 10th day although I realize I might not see a drop on the scale until after the 2nd week or 14 days. I'm just trying to stay positive.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well so far so good for today. Well, almost. Started my meal at 6:00 pm. On The Dot. But got distracted around 10 pm & missed my snack, so had some food at 11:30 pm. Not a lot... so, a half-hour over... I think that's close enough for today.

However. I'm finding myself eating in a way that I don't like. Not so much what I'm eating, as how.

The thing is, even though I will admit to "binge" eating as a normal pattern.. the fact is, basically, that's when I just make a choice to eat too much. A Bad choice, maybe a Not-Paying-Attention choice, to eat a LOT too much. But even so, each bite is still a conscious Choice.

But with this Fast-5 I've now had a number of occasions where it almost felt like like my Hands were making the choice to stuff food into my mouth. Like somewhere deep inside, my brain knows there's a time limit, and is telling my hands to grab food & my mouth to chew, while my Conscious Choice is like a race-jockey trying to stop a horse that just heard the starting gun.

I don't have huge issues with hunger anymore (just slightly) but I noticed each morning before leaving for work, although I have my lunch packed, I still look in my fridge trying to figure out what to have for breakfast and snack foods, although I know my window for eating is 2pm - 7pm. I guess over all these years my brain is still programmed to have food & snacks handy, even when I'm not hungry or thinking about food I'm hoping this habit will break because it's pretty frustrating standing with the fridge door open trying to figure out what I want to eat for breakfast, while still knowing I'm not eating breakfast...

This is the sensation that I used to think the word "binge" referred to. It's happened a few times now, and I don't like it. I went to the fridge for one slice of cheese, and a moment later half the pack was gone. I got a packet of "seaweed snack," about 20 pieces of a baked seaweed. Decided to have three pieces ... and in less time than it should have taken to eat only one, all but three pieces of the pack were gone!

In Herrings book he did state "You may have binges that add up to all the food or more that you didn't eat during the day. Stay on track with the diet and things will stabilize. Typically, your break-fast consumption will gradually decrease, and you will feel fine on a fraction of the calories you would have consumed in a day prior to starting the Fast-5 diet." Maybe you just need to give your system time to adjust.

I've been getting stomachaches after my main meal too, but that's less troubling, since I know it's from eating too much on an empty stomach. Today I was smart about the meal, at least. I switched to celery sticks & dip before I reached the point of stomach pain. (The seaweed binge came later, around 9.) I'll be buying more celery tomorrow, which should help for mealtimes.

And I guess I'm gonna be praying about the binges. Maybe even ask my pastor for prayer. Because I really don't like this eating against-my-will feeling.

I also find having lots of non-sugary drinks around me for easy access helps. Yesterday, I had gotten hungry and thought I would have to break my fast early, I remembered I had a coke zero in the fridge and for whatever reason, my hunger diminished, I was able to hold out until my window opened. I think just knowing there was something for me to turn to helped. Not sure though.

(However, otherwise I still feel overall Better with the IF, so I'm still sticking with it. )
I guess sometimes it's a mind over matter thing, and we just have to learn to change our habits. It's tough but I'm sure we can do it if we support each other! Hang in there!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Here's a quote from Herring's book that I want to share.

"You’re invited to climb the hill. No one can climb it for you. If you slip, the hill doesn’t get higher. It remains, awaiting your next effort. No matter how many times you slip, as long as you make a tiny bit of progress each time, you will get to the top. In order to keep trying, it is best to know what justifies your effort to reach the summit."

How can that not motivate you to keep trying?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Wow, day 7 of IF and my appetite was almost non existent. I bought a "Double Down" from KFC, usually I can eat with no problem along with french fries & a soda. When I got back to the office and sat in the kitchen to eat it, I took one look at it and realized it was too big for me to eat, almost killed my appetite. Thankfully, I remembered I had a small steak in the refrigerator so I ate that and drunk my coke zero. This morning I had a cup of tea and that's it!

I had minor hunger pains earlier that lasted for approx 30 min. That's it. My window is 2 - 7. It's 5:15 and I'm still not hungry, but I will try to eat my Double Down.

I AM SO LOVIN THIS!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Good day today for us. Our window is 4-9. Nothing but decaf tea until about 4:15. Had Tbone steak, large green salad w/ranch. Then at 7 or so had a fruit smoothie, berries, almond milk, pom juice. Hasn't been hard at all. Counted my calories/carbs and looks like about 1100 cal and less than 40 carbs.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Almost missed my window yesterday. Stayed at work late and then traffic was horrid. I managed to get home around 6:30pm but decided I wasn't going to wolf down my food, sat down and ate my KFC Double Down along with a glass of crystal lite lemonade comfortably. I was only 9 min outside my window when I finished. Enjoyed my meal and I'm stuffed.

I'm hoping for a good day today!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

ladysilver Your fruit smoothie sounds luscious. I've been hearing a lot about Almond milk, but I've never had it before. Does it taste as good as regular milk? Is there an after taste? I see it in the grocery stores but I was never too sure about it.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

We lived Vegan for about 18 months. It helped me focus on what healthy whole food is all about. BUT, we found it is not the life plan for us. During this time we ate a lot of berries. They are super foods for sure. Even Dr. Atkins favored them. So, we do like a fruit smoothie with berries, almond milk, 1/2 banana and some POM juice. POM juice is really good for you-but high in carbs.
Today, we eat whole, real foods, no wheat at all, very little if any of other grains, no dairy, no sugar. Just meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts, healthy fats. And we are doing it the Fast 5 way. For some reason I feel So much better having 'down' time from eating and preparing foods.
I used to be a milk lover. But, don't do dairy now after studying it's effects. Almond milk is great! Coconut milk is good too. I don't use them as much now as I'm not really baking or eating any cereal.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fiddlejen
Stats: 296 oh no!!/287/..a whole lot less!!..
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: IF 2013->Atkins 2/20. 3/13 aiming for Atkins Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Wow, day 7 of IF and my appetite was almost non existent. I bought a "Double Down" from KFC, usually I can eat with no problem along with french fries & a soda. When I got back to the office and sat in the kitchen to eat it, I took one look at it and realized it was too big for me to eat, almost killed my appetite. Thankfully, I remembered I had a small steak in the refrigerator so I ate that and drunk my coke zero. This morning I had a cup of tea and that's it!

I had minor hunger pains earlier that lasted for approx 30 min. That's it. My window is 2 - 7. It's 5:15 and I'm still not hungry, but I will try to eat my Double Down.

I AM SO LOVIN THIS!
Oh, good for you! Way to go!
fiddlejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Our window is 4-9. Just finished dinner. Flounder filets baked with rotel, cabbage slaw, sweet potato baked fries. So good. When I fast this way, I may get hungry, but I fill up quickly. I'm thinking less than 50 carbs and about 900 calories.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
We lived Vegan for about 18 months. It helped me focus on what healthy whole food is all about. BUT, we found it is not the life plan for us. During this time we ate a lot of berries. They are super foods for sure. Even Dr. Atkins favored them. So, we do like a fruit smoothie with berries, almond milk, 1/2 banana and some POM juice. POM juice is really good for you-but high in carbs.
Today, we eat whole, real foods, no wheat at all, very little if any of other grains, no dairy, no sugar. Just meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts, healthy fats. And we are doing it the Fast 5 way. For some reason I feel So much better having 'down' time from eating and preparing foods.
I used to be a milk lover. But, don't do dairy now after studying it's effects. Almond milk is great! Coconut milk is good too. I don't use them as much now as I'm not really baking or eating any cereal.
Thanks on the up date for the smoothie. I'm gonna have to give it a shot, but I probably won't use the pom juice. It's very difficult to find over here and when you can find it, it's very expensive.

I sometimes use coconut milk in hot tea/coffee, or when I use to bake. Since Fast5 I haven't baked anything and I've been off of tea (except ice tea).

One thing I realize is that I fill up very quickly. I was just taking note of the food in my fridge and I'm thinking it's going to spoil. I just don't have space in my stomach to eat very much anymore. I just moved a pack of bacon and ham from the fridge to the freezer. I don't know when I'm going to be able to eat any of it. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad I can't believe I use to eat so much food...
Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Had a meeting today so I had to move my window to 3 - 8pm today. Managed to grab a double whopper (bunless) from BurgerKing. When I got home, around 7pm I munched on some nuts, ate a slim jim, drunk a coke zero and I was through for the day! I'm thinking maybe I should have eaten the nuts, I feel like a stuffed pig.

I remember a time when I could eat a whopper w/fries, soda and have cookies or pie on the side. A few hours later I'll get hungry again and go searching for snacks. Wow, no wonder I'm so over weight!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I got on the scale this morning; my weight was unchanged. So I decided to pull out my measuring tape and there it was, I'm down 1" waist; 1/2" chest. This is why both Atkins and Herring tell us to take our measurements! That's pure fat gone ! Here's where I'm at.

Measurements 12.29.12....................Measurements 1.14.13
Chest - 49 ....................................... 471/2
Bra - 38DDD .................................... 38DDD
Waist - 40........................................ 37 3/4
Lower Hip - 49 1/2............................. 48 1/2
Upper Hip - 47................................... 46 1/2
Left Thigh - 29 1/2............................. 28 1/2
Right Thigh - 29 1/4............................ 28 1/4
Wrist - 6 1/4......................................6 1/4
Shoe Size 6 1/2 ..................................6 1/2
Dress Size ........................................ 14W

To date I've lost 6 1/4" I'm definitely feeling it in my clothes...

Based on Herrings book after about 2 weeks I'll begin to see a lost in pounds, .5 - 1lb per week. So I'm hoping for the best! I have to admit, I'm really beginning to enjoy this WOL and can't imagine changing it any time soon.

My short term goal is to be in a size 12 by April. I honestly believe I can get there!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I was doing some research and I came across a great thread for Fast5 on facebook. All you have to do is go to FB and type in thefast5dietandlifestyle. There's lots of activity and support along with helpful advice. I'll try to keep posting here, but I'll be spending plenty of time on FB.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Here's something I came across in a Fast-5 Group that I wanted to share.

Bert Herring "When Fast-5 doesn’t work for someone who is giving it a good consistent chance, the most common problem I’ve heard of as a cause is hypothyroidism. Sometimes, no cause is found, but since it worked for you before, I’d expect it to work again. The other thing to consider that may be making the difference is stress. Stress promotes an increase in cortisol, which is a major appetite stimulant. There’s not much you can do about that except managing the cause of the stress."

This can definitely shed some light if there's a stall.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwib
Stats: (336/284/150)
WOE: Dukan > Fast-5
Start Date: Dukan 12 Oct 2011; Fast-5 17 Dec 2012
Quote:
But with this Fast-5 I've now had a number of occasions where it almost felt like my Hands were making the choice to stuff food into my mouth. Like somewhere deep inside, my brain knows there's a time limit, and is telling my hands to grab food & my mouth to chew, while my Conscious Choice is like a race-jockey trying to stop a horse that just heard the starting gun.

Fiddlejen, I only just found this thread about Fast-5 (and very glad because last time I checked this forum there wasn't much about it!). But although I'm a week late I hope I can reassure you a little about your "compulsive eating".

If you have tried lots of diets over the years, it's no wonder your body is reacting this way to the "eat what you like within the 5-hour window" advice. And it's precisely for this reason that Dr Herring warns that there may be no loss (indeed, perhaps even a gain!) in the first few weeks of Fast-5. It's completely normal. And the advice I've seen in several places is to just fixate faithfully on keeping that 5-hour window in place, and don't worry about what and how much you eat within it.

Although it's hard to imagine, the time will come when your body calms down and actually believes that it's ok, you CAN have what you want, and it doesn't have to cram it all in in one day. You will be able to have a moderate serving of your goodies and leave the rest until later. You will notice you are spending far less on food. You will think of two different meals you'd enjoy "soon" and realise you have room for only one of them, and carefully decide which one you really feel like -- and then choose to have the other nice meal "another day". And then you will really feel the power of Fast-5, and the weight will by that time be dropping off you.

I'm in my 5th week now and I'm not much lighter now than when I started. But I've been thru the mill such as you've experienced, and my weight is now reducing a little each day. Stick with it kiddo. Trust the process and don't berate your body for its amazed delight at what it's permitted to eat! LOL
kiwib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwib View Post
Fiddlejen, I only just found this thread about Fast-5 (and very glad because last time I checked this forum there wasn't much about it!). But although I'm a week late I hope I can reassure you a little about your "compulsive eating".

If you have tried lots of diets over the years, it's no wonder your body is reacting this way to the "eat what you like within the 5-hour window" advice. And it's precisely for this reason that Dr Herring warns that there may be no loss (indeed, perhaps even a gain!) in the first few weeks of Fast-5. It's completely normal. And the advice I've seen in several places is to just fixate faithfully on keeping that 5-hour window in place, and don't worry about what and how much you eat within it.

Although it's hard to imagine, the time will come when your body calms down and actually believes that it's ok, you CAN have what you want, and it doesn't have to cram it all in in one day. You will be able to have a moderate serving of your goodies and leave the rest until later. You will notice you are spending far less on food. You will think of two different meals you'd enjoy "soon" and realise you have room for only one of them, and carefully decide which one you really feel like -- and then choose to have the other nice meal "another day". And then you will really feel the power of Fast-5, and the weight will by that time be dropping off you.

I'm in my 5th week now and I'm not much lighter now than when I started. But I've been thru the mill such as you've experienced, and my weight is now reducing a little each day. Stick with it kiddo. Trust the process and don't berate your body for its amazed delight at what it's permitted to eat! LOL
kiwib thanks so much for sharing your insight. This is my 11th day and I really have no regrets about doing Fast-5. My biggest problem is patience, but that has always been my problem, always looking for immediate results.

You're correct Dr. Herring does say it will probably be 2 weeks or so before we see a loss in weight, but when it happens it will be consistent. What I really love about Fast-5 is it's flexibility. I can move my window to fit my life style. So along with LC I'm sure I'm going to be happy with my results. For persons who don't have patience and are looking for immediate results, Fast-5 might not be the way go. But if you're looking for lasting results I'm sure Fast-5 won't disappoint.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in today and dropped 1.4lbs, which means I'm down 5lbs for January! I don't usually lose weight fast, so I'm going to enjoy this loss for awhile. I also checked my measurements and I'm down another 2 1/4" which gives me a total lost of 8 1/2" for January! Not bad.

I guess it's just a matter of sticking with IF and not giving up. We'll see what happen next week.

I'll try to post more later.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Hi - just found this thread also and so glad I did. I was trying JUDDD and it just wasn't doing anything..nothing. Back and forth with the same 3 lbs since I started 12/16. My main problem is dealing with my dh on DD - he hated them! I really glad, however, that it works for some. There are some awesome results on the JUDDD board!!!

I started Fast5 on Sunday after doing bunches of research online - today is my third day and at least I haven't bounced up!!! Steady down she goes! I started my window from 4-9 but it isn't working as I'd like - so moving it to 3-9. Much better. So glad the plan is flexible.

So much good info is posted here and like I said - so glad I found it!!!!!

Arlene
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

wildflower I'm so happy to have you here.
Sorry, about JUDDD, I've heard so many good things about it, and read about quite a few successes. But we have to make sure we find what's suitable for our body type in order for it to work!

My body is adapting to Fast5 well, what really helps is the flexibility. I can easily see myself doing this, not just for weight loss, but for health reasons as well. There's so much information out there about IF and how it can improve our health and lifestyle. There's also a Facebook group you can join that will keep you encourage. If you have a FB account just look for thefast5dietandlifestyle it's a closed group, so unless you're a member no one will be able to see your postings.

I still have my hungry moments (like now) but they aren't severe and they're only for short periods so I can deal with them. Try to stay busy and you'll see things generally get better after the 3rd or 4th day. Hang in there!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
wildflower I'm so happy to have you here.
Sorry, about JUDDD, I've heard so many good things about it, and read about quite a few successes. But we have to make sure we find what's suitable for our body type in order for it to work!

My body is adapting to Fast5 well, what really helps is the flexibility. I can easily see myself doing this, not just for weight loss, but for health reasons as well. There's so much information out there about IF and how it can improve our health and lifestyle. There's also a Facebook group you can join that will keep you encourage. If you have a FB account just look for thefast5dietandlifestyle it's a closed group, so unless you're a member no one will be able to see your postings.

I still have my hungry moments (like now) but they aren't severe and they're only for short periods so I can deal with them. Try to stay busy and you'll see things generally get better after the 3rd or 4th day. Hang in there!
Hi - and thanks for the welcome. Fast5 is working for me!!!!!

Started Sunday @ 161.2 and this morning is 159.4. I am super excited

I did take my measurements on Jan 1 so it will be exciting to see the changes, if any. I'm sure there will be as my jeans are a bit loser in the waist. My waist and belly is my main issue -the females in my family don't have waist -- straight as a washboard! So, I'm planning to start a new tradition. Hmmm - my daughter is straight up and down to, but without any fat. She didn't inherit the family boobs!!! Lucky her even tho she doesn't think so!

Anyway, I'm here and 4th day and feeling so good. Thanks for starting this thread.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Video by Bert Herring Fast5

I came across a great video on FB about Fast5 by Bert Herring. Anyone interested can go into youtube and type "The Mystery of Fast5 and DIET". It's an excellent video and Herrings explains clearly the benefits of Fast5, not just weight loss, but health benefits and how it affects the age process.

Today is day 20 for me and I'm feeling great. I'm so happy I started this WOL and I look forward to continuing it!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 229/222/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-start - Nov25/13
Hey! I'm so pleased to have found this thread!

I've been doing Fast 5 Low Carb since Jan 14 and am pleased with the results, though disturbed by the scary-fast initial weight loss. We're talkin' 11 lbs in the first week... I'm thinking I may have some diabetes issues but as long as I stay LC, there probably isn't any need to have myself tested, right?

Anyway... I'm a long term LC'er but have found the basic plan to be less and less effective as I age. Also, I snack like a fiend and even though I'm eating "legal" food, it's got to be having an effect on my bloodsugar. Fast 5 certainly puts a stop to snacking. So, I'm back in the drivers seat, seem to be losing inches (why, oh why didn't I measure when I first started?) and saving money like mad. Gotta love it!

I'm looking forward to meeting each of you as we support each other on this amazing journey!

Mary
Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhnabird View Post
Hey! I'm so pleased to have found this thread!

I've been doing Fast 5 Low Carb since Jan 14 and am pleased with the results, though disturbed by the scary-fast initial weight loss. We're talkin' 11 lbs in the first week... I'm thinking I may have some diabetes issues but as long as I stay LC, there probably isn't any need to have myself tested, right?

Anyway... I'm a long term LC'er but have found the basic plan to be less and less effective as I age. Also, I snack like a fiend and even though I'm eating "legal" food, it's got to be having an effect on my bloodsugar. Fast 5 certainly puts a stop to snacking. So, I'm back in the drivers seat, seem to be losing inches (why, oh why didn't I measure when I first started?) and saving money like mad. Gotta love it!

I'm looking forward to meeting each of you as we support each other on this amazing journey!

Mary
Mary, that's amazing 11lbs! I find I lose inches much faster than pounds, but then again it has always been like that for me. While everybody else is setting a goal for their weight, I always have to set a goal for my dress size, go figure!

I'm glad you mentioned you saw a savings in money, me also. Now that I no longer snack throughout the day, nor do I have to worry about large meals throughout the day, my grocery bill has plunged. Usually on Friday's my cash on hand is minimum, here lately, it's been just the opposite, and I'm not complaining

What I like most though is that I can barely consume the amount of food I use to consume and my cravings have dwindled. I'm really luving this and I just realized all that money I'm now saving will have to be used for my new wardrobe soon.

I'm so glad to have you join us.

Last edited by sldeal; 01-25-2013 at 05:52 AM..