Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/200/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Sounds like The Big Breakfast Diet (in a way) or even more close to The Stress Eating Cure. Basically you eat and get all your carbs and biggest meal out of the way for breakfast (the earlier the better too- has to do with other hormones besides insulin). On the SEC diet, you then have your protein/veggie only meals for lunch and dinner. On the BBB diet I believe there are other carbs you can have later in the day but it is still mainly LC. Good luck!

MIW
Thanks! I'll do some research on both of those--I'm up at 4am every day, so breakfast is going to always be super early--I didn't bring lunch to work today, so we'll see how that goes!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Thanks! I'll do some research on both of those--I'm up at 4am every day, so breakfast is going to always be super early--I didn't bring lunch to work today, so we'll see how that goes!
Both those diets are about the physiology (at least in certain metabolisms) of eating carbs earlier in the day and the benefits. Also about eating as soon as you get up as it inhibits the release of other stress hormones throughout the day, charges the metabolism as the calories are burned off during the day (instead of eating late in the day then sleeping while the body digests) and also supposed to reduce carb cravings later in the day. I actually tried it and lost weight much faster. However I usually only eat once a day and I wasn't hungry all day long while eating a big breakfast but the last few hours I would get sooooooo hungry so it was driving me nuts! I pretty much do the same thing only at lunch time so I call my WOE The Large Lunch Diet! LOL But I still follow all the rules of Carbohydrate Addict's Diet of eating in a one hour period, and trying to keep my plate balanced with carbs, protein, veggies. I tend to do 1 part protein, 1 part low carb veggies, and 1-2 parts carbs.

MIW
Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Well so far weight is staying in the 216 range all week. I am going to try a bit more high fat based off a friend who eats similar to me and she is in maintenence in the 106-108 lb range and is doing well. I'll report how it goes.

She is a marathoner and normally runs in the 10-15 mile per day range and has cut way back on running (mainly just walking now after years of daily runs) and also upped her fat content and is actually maintaining and losing. She used to do one meal a day but has been experimenting with additional meals and is a big fan of Gary Taubes and Peter Attia.

Today I wasn't hungry all day and my RM yesterday was way more carbs than I'd like to admit. Today's RM:

1 lg ribeye steak
1 whole head rommaine lettuce with ranch dsg
1 slice Costco brand take and bake canadian bacon and pineapple pizza
1 large iced decaf mocha with 4 oz whole milk
4 choc chip cookies
2 C safeway brand black walnut ice cream

My weights:

Mon 216.6 Tues 216.4 Wed 216.2

Still not in the 213-215 range I had been well over a month ago but I have noticed this is how it goes for me with seeing a new low a good month or two before it becomes my daily avg. Again I know if I cut back my portions and carbs and also upped my exercise I'd see better faster results but I cannot really complain since I am just never hungry and when I do eat I get to really eat!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/200/180
MIW, that RM sounds fantastic! I could go for a steak right now! 5 more hours before I eat...and thinking a big salad for sure, and certainly will do dessert!

Scale finally touched 199 for me, after months of flirting with it! One thing I need to concentrate on is NOT celebrating with food, and going off plan--I tend to do this a lot, when I get good results on the scale. That's one of the reasons I am trying to weigh in once a month.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

That is awesome! I can't wait to get back to 198 which is the lowest weight I have been in the last 10 years. I know I will get there!!!

I started a One Meal A Day thread for those of us doing this WOE, IF, CAD/CALP!

MIW
Old 08-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I don't think I ever lost any weight doing this but it does seem to halt my weight gain.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I don't think I ever lost any weight doing this but it does seem to halt my weight gain.
Eveyone is different and you have to find what works for you. Rachael Heller, author of The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet and many other books claimed she lost 150 lbs by only eating dinner every night and fasting the rest of the time. She would drink black coffee during the day.

MIW
Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Hello! What is RM eating? I have been reading this post trying to find something that works better for me than JUDDD. Does anyone know what happened to the poster who started this thread and who lives in the Bahamas? She was very active for months and then disappeared after her April 30th post.

Thanks!
Laura
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
Hello! What is RM eating? I have been reading this post trying to find something that works better for me than JUDDD. Does anyone know what happened to the poster who started this thread and who lives in the Bahamas? She was very active for months and then disappeared after her April 30th post.

Thanks!
Laura
Nope don't know what has happened to the others. I have been at this over 10 months and seen many people come and go

I follow Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (CAD) and the newer Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program (CALP). Then I stumbled into Intermittent Fasting (IF) so I do a combo of both. Some days I only eat once!

I follow the rules of CAD which are you have one meal a day that can contain carbs and you have to consume it in an hour. It is called a "Reward Meal" in the book but we CADers call them RM's for short. I personally call it a "carb meal" because I do not like the term "reward."

The other meals (if you need them) are called Craving reduction Meals or Complimentary Meals (depending on which version of the book you read) or CM's for short. Those can contain only protein/fat and low carb veggies. No artificial sweeteners or sugarfree (AS/SF) or MSG, or anything that might trigger insulin release.

I really have found a lifelong eating plan with CAD. It was written by the Heller's and has been around for years. Many people remember them from the late 1990's as they were featured on Ophrah a couple of times. If you want to learn more, go to amazon and look up the CAD and CALP book and read the reviews! There are HUNDREDS of success stories. The awesome part is once a day you can have your favorite carbs!

You would not believe the amount and type of food I eat and still lose. It is very slow but I have not changed anything other than only eating my carbs in a one hour timeframe. If I need another meal, I try to keep it in a 5-8 hour timeframe like per intermittent fasting (Fast 5 or The 8 Hour Diet). It really has everything to do with insulin release but for lifelong I am not willing nor would even consider going strict low carb. It is not satisfying, realistic, or lifelong for the majority of us in my opinion. I have found that I can really have lots of carbs daily and still lose. Plus I have more energy, sleep better, better skin, not sweating like I used to, lost LOTS of inches off my measurements, stopped biting my nails, etc etc. There is a lot more to it than just insulin.

I eat 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-300 gms of carbs a day and have lost 23 pounds in 10 months eating like that. Nothing major but I have not restricted anything so I am not on a diet in my mind. I love it! The weight is just slipping off on it's own while I eat snickers, iced mochas, ribeye steaks, tons of veggies, chocolate chip cookies, pizza, any and all of my favorite foods. I am sure to try my best to "balance" the meals which is described in detail much better in the CALP book vs. CAD which is what most of us now follow. CALP is newer.

Hope this answers some questions!

MIW
Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Today I didn't exercise since I spent 1 1/2 hours weeding and hauled 3 loads of
weeds to the other side of my land which is 1/4 mile round trip so I got a 3/4
mile walk in plus all the upper body weed pulling. We grow monster weeds out in
the country! LOL We also planted 24 mums in my flower beds as well. Then I came
right in and started cleaning. This evening will be round 2 getting the other
half of the house, the kid's play room and laundry done. Ugh... the joys of
running a big house. We don't do near the amount of yard work we need to,
especially since Hubby started building his shop. I am hoping once that is done
we can do more out in the yard because it needs it!

Tomorrow I've got some rabbit to deliver then will take it easy but plan on
doing my "usual" exercise routine.

Today's RM from 12:30-1:30:

1 very large ribeye
6 C salad with 3 stalks celery, 3 diced mushrooms, 3 diced green onions
4 TBSP blue cheese salad dressing
3 stuffed minibellpeppers (cream cheese, diced turkey breast, diced green
onions)
1 large iced mocha with 3 oz syrups, 5 shots decaf esspresso, 1 C whole milk
1 regular sized almond joy
1 regular sized snickers
1 regular sized kit kat
1 regular sized twix

Don't know why but I wanted chocolate today! Must be getting close to TOM or
something. Today my weight was up from 213.2 lbs to 214. Not sure how tomorrow
will be after such a large RM with all the junk carbs but I was sweating buckets
and buckets during all that weed pulling and I could feel my muscles shivering
after that and I was HUNGRY!!

MIW
Old 09-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: j4Christ
Stats: 166/161/110 5'2" w/ shoes
Not sure if anyone is still here doing Fast 5 I have been doing this for the past 3 weeks. My eating window is 3:30-8:30 (or so) BUT I only do fast 5 on work days. That's just what I decided would work for me and not go continually off plan on weekends. If I make it part of my plan to eat whenever on weekends then I didn't go off plan

That being said I am a pretty healthy eater so I don't eat much junk but I want the option to if the occasion arises (does it sound like I want my cake and eat it, too?) I also love wine so I can have that within 5 hour window.

So far I've lost 5 lbs, 3 of which was the first week then no loss until this morning. So it may be slow going but I remember reading that the losses start after about 3 weeks, so hopefully this will happen.

I'm giving it a go and have resolved to be patient, because any other plan I try I give up because I feel deprived in one way or another. With Fast 5 it has worked for me to just say I can whatever I want when I get home. And I usually don't end up overdoing it anyway. And it works for most social situations (another plan derailer for me)

Hopefully there are some Fast 5ers still out there! Makingitwork, if you don't mind me posting this on your One meal a day thread I would love to join you there (even tho I don't just have one meal a day).

Best to all!
Luke 1:37-For nothing is impossible with God.
j4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
Not sure if anyone is still here doing Fast 5 I have been doing this for the past 3 weeks. My eating window is 3:30-8:30 (or so) BUT I only do fast 5 on work days. That's just what I decided would work for me and not go continually off plan on weekends. If I make it part of my plan to eat whenever on weekends then I didn't go off plan

That being said I am a pretty healthy eater so I don't eat much junk but I want the option to if the occasion arises (does it sound like I want my cake and eat it, too?) I also love wine so I can have that within 5 hour window.

So far I've lost 5 lbs, 3 of which was the first week then no loss until this morning. So it may be slow going but I remember reading that the losses start after about 3 weeks, so hopefully this will happen.

I'm giving it a go and have resolved to be patient, because any other plan I try I give up because I feel deprived in one way or another. With Fast 5 it has worked for me to just say I can whatever I want when I get home. And I usually don't end up overdoing it anyway. And it works for most social situations (another plan derailer for me)

Hopefully there are some Fast 5ers still out there! Makingitwork, if you don't mind me posting this on your One meal a day thread I would love to join you there (even tho I don't just have one meal a day).

Best to all!
No I totally do not mind one bit! Most one meal a day people do occaisionally have snacks or low protein meals later in the day anyways (if needed) for hunger control. I am more of a "Fast 1" person and truely only eat everything I want in that one hour and most days have ZERO hunger the other 23 hours. I think anyone who basically is off of the "six small meals a day" status quo and just has one large meal and maybe a small meal or snack later can still say they are in the "one meal a day club." Otherwise I do try to eat my other snack or meal in a 5-8 hour timeframe from my large meal.

MIW
Old 09-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

MIW
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB RM for me was 9:30-10:30am:

Large cheese quesidilla with sour cream, salasa, and lettuce rolled up
1 large ribeye steak
large fruit smoothie with banana, grapes, apple, pear
1 large Iced caramel mocha with half & half
fun size twix, snickers, kit-kats

MIW
Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Ok everyone, today is MAJOR bragging rights day for me.

Today I am 211.8 lbs. That is my lowest weight in over 7 years. I also rechecked my measurements and lost another 1/2 inch off my waist and hips and 1/4 inch off my thighs.

The last time I weighed this much was my first year on the dog sledding trails in Canada. I have done WW, Zone, JC, juicing, whole foods, the pH diet (eating more alkaline foods) all in that time frame and the lowest I got with that was 213-217. I can say I finally busted through that several month long plateau. I kind of figured my body had that weight range as a "set point" because that had been my lowest weight in the last few years. I expect to see "set points" at 200, 195, and 180 because those are other milestone weights I had got to in the last 15 years and was able to stay at for over a year or more and I do think the body has a memory on those things.

I have recently switched my RM early morning. I still do one meal only most days, and try to have a CM snack (if I need it) before 3pm. This is based off of The Big Breakfast Diet that the Heller's recommended in their The Stress Eating Cure book. However, I still follow CAD/CALP rules and stick to one hour, "aim" for balance. I do eat my entire day's calories (usually) in my one RM, so we are talking 1800-2600 calories most days with 100-300gms carbs. I do not think of myself as a binge eater but I do know this is MUCH different than how I ate for my entire life leading up to this point and probably way more food in one sitting than a lot of other folks. But, I want to share my success at doing HIGH CALORIE eating because that is what I set out to prove if it could be done or not and I can see that it CAN be done!

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Ok just updated my profile picture. Goodbye soaps and only one person here ever got it right what it was! LOL

That pic is one of my more recent favorites from about 7 years ago when I weighed 207-212 lb range which is near where I am at currently. My hair was dyed blonde there and now is my natural brunette but you get the idea. I am 5' 2.5" and have always been big busted, wide hips and shoulders. Pretty sexy huh? LOL

MIW
Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2bfitb440
Stats: 207/186.6/150
WOE: Started w Atkins/Now LC Fast5
Start Date: 07/15/2013/09/30/2013
Wow, I just got finished reading the 400 posts on this thread! MIW, congrats on keeping on track for so long. I appreciate every one of your posts! Great info!

I just started Fast5 a week ago. I was low carbing for a couple of months and hit a plateau. The Fast5 did get the scale moving a little bit but I'm still bouncing up and down a bit as I'm at one of my toughest set points right now. I've been very strict in following the 5 hour window rule. The only thing I do outside of that is have some tea with HWC (one in the morning and one in the evening) - lots say that's ok. It really does help with the hunger. I'm feeling pretty good although I do have to admit I do feel a little hungry which isn't so bad but it's that empty feeling that's more uncomfortable. (I'm used to low carbing where I never ate huge amounts of food but always ate when I was hungry). I'm usually eating 2 meals in my window, 1 at the beginning and 1 at the end. I've got to say I'm quite intrigued by MIW's delicious meals, with dessert and all... I'm trying not to eat too low cal because I don't want to have to eat like a bird when it comes to maintenance, but I'm kind of nervous to find out what will happen if I add in ice cream and oreos and keep my meals down to an hour.. I'm thinking I might gain because I've been low carbing for months...
2bfitb440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Today's Big Breakfast RM from 8-9am:

1 C leftover chicken noodle cabbage stir fry
1 large tortilla
1/2 C cheese
1 scrambled egg
4 pc bacon (made a wrap with this)
Large smoothie with 1 banana, 1 orange, 1 apple, 1 C ice and 1 C full fat vanilla yogurt
Large coffee milkshake with 2 C moosetracks ice cream, 1/2 C half & half, 1 SB via
4 Chocholate chip cookies

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bfitb440 View Post
Wow, I just got finished reading the 400 posts on this thread! MIW, congrats on keeping on track for so long. I appreciate every one of your posts! Great info!

I just started Fast5 a week ago. I was low carbing for a couple of months and hit a plateau. The Fast5 did get the scale moving a little bit but I'm still bouncing up and down a bit as I'm at one of my toughest set points right now. I've been very strict in following the 5 hour window rule. The only thing I do outside of that is have some tea with HWC (one in the morning and one in the evening) - lots say that's ok. It really does help with the hunger. I'm feeling pretty good although I do have to admit I do feel a little hungry which isn't so bad but it's that empty feeling that's more uncomfortable. (I'm used to low carbing where I never ate huge amounts of food but always ate when I was hungry). I'm usually eating 2 meals in my window, 1 at the beginning and 1 at the end. I've got to say I'm quite intrigued by MIW's delicious meals, with dessert and all... I'm trying not to eat too low cal because I don't want to have to eat like a bird when it comes to maintenance, but I'm kind of nervous to find out what will happen if I add in ice cream and oreos and keep my meals down to an hour.. I'm thinking I might gain because I've been low carbing for months...
I have been exchanging emails with a gal named Sheila who showed me several of her before and after pictures. She eats only ONE meal a day also in an hour time frame and never gets hungry either. She told me you have to really eat and get completely full as the one trick that works the best. She also eats huge calories with her meals and she looks awesome! Another gal named Oriana on some of the threads here eats 2000-3000 calorie breakfasts and weighs 105-110 pounds! It can be done. I do not like being hungry and since I started really pushing my calories I go longer without needing other food during the day and am losing weight and feel great! I do not drink or eat anything that would cause insulin release. I have read so much from the Heller's books and other things about insulin release. We can pretty much get away with one hour of almost any amount or type of food and not have to worry about it. I am not saying binge but I eat lots of varied things and in good portion sizes. Funny thing is that I never feel sick or like stuffed like after a Thanksgiving meal and I know I am eating more calories and volume now so not sure if the body just adjusts to it or what?

MIW
Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2bfitb440
Stats: 207/186.6/150
WOE: Started w Atkins/Now LC Fast5
Start Date: 07/15/2013/09/30/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I have been exchanging emails with a gal named Sheila who showed me several of her before and after pictures. She eats only ONE meal a day also in an hour time frame and never gets hungry either. She told me you have to really eat and get completely full as the one trick that works the best. She also eats huge calories with her meals and she looks awesome! Another gal named Oriana on some of the threads here eats 2000-3000 calorie breakfasts and weighs 105-110 pounds! It can be done. I do not like being hungry and since I started really pushing my calories I go longer without needing other food during the day and am losing weight and feel great! I do not drink or eat anything that would cause insulin release. I have read so much from the Heller's books and other things about insulin release. We can pretty much get away with one hour of almost any amount or type of food and not have to worry about it. I am not saying binge but I eat lots of varied things and in good portion sizes. Funny thing is that I never feel sick or like stuffed like after a Thanksgiving meal and I know I am eating more calories and volume now so not sure if the body just adjusts to it or what?

MIW
MIW, thanks so much for the response. I'm giving the 1 meal/day a try. I started that yesterday because I was going to be busy and knew I would only have time for 1 meal. I've got to say I noticed that I felt much better after I ate a bigger meal. There was no guilt in making it a big lunch since I knew it was my only meal... I ate a good lunch, totally low carb and a "fat bomb" for dessert - CO, PB, a little DaVinci's and some cocoa powder. Today, I did 1 meal also and it curbs my hunger so much better. BUT, I'm not as patient as you are. I want to lose at a good pace. Right now I'm a little stuck at a set point of mine. Hopefully I will get over this hump soon and the pounds will start dropping again.

Didn't you say you are going to breaking your fast in the morning now? How's that going so far?
2bfitb440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bfitb440 View Post
Didn't you say you are going to breaking your fast in the morning now? How's that going so far?
I have been doing my one hour meal early mornings now usually consumed by 9 or 10am. It's been a solid 2 weeks and I love it now and can go my 23 hour fast most days just fine.

However, my weight loss is slow because I am doing HIGH CALORIE weight loss. I am eating at my upper end of basilar metabolic need calories and still losing! We are talking 1800-2600 calories a day with 100-300 gms of carbs and still losing 1/4- 1 pound a week so it does work but can be slow.

MIW
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. Still here. Up just 0.16 pounds this week but started TOM and usually GAIN over a pound so I am extactic with this amount! My weight all week was 212 "point something" and I don't think I ever had a single week where I had such minimal fluctuation of weight. Most weeks I would see a 2 pound difference in weights usually 2 or more times that week so to be 212.... each day was interesting. When I get caught up I will post my weekly avg list for all to see. I cannot believe this WOE it still blows my mind how well I eat and don't feel deprived and the weight just keeps slowly burning itself off!!!

MIW
Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Ok everyone, here is my "almost" entire year's worth of daily, weekly, AND monthly averages. You can see I am losing only a bit more than a 1/4 of a pound a week the last few months on average but no matter how you analyze my averages, my weight is going down down down ever so slowly. I keep getting encouragement from a gal I know only via emails who has done one meal a day for years now that there will be way less saggy skin this way so I am happy about that. Plus I truely do not feel like I am on a diet! The one month where I actually saw a gain was during the vacation where I took 4 days off so that kind of messed with things and those 4 days took my body 16 to get back on track so I won't ever make that mistake again!!! That even includes me NOT recording those daily wts until I got back into the same zone I was in when I left so mega-yikes...

Week 1- 235 (235)

Week 2- 231 229 (230) -5 lbs

Week 3- 228 (228) -1 lb

Week 4- 227 226 (226.5) -1.5 lbs............................................... ....................(229.9)

Week 5- 225 227 228 225 (226.25) -0.25 lbs

Week 6- 225 225 225.5 225.5 225 224 223.5 (224.79) -1.5 lbs

Week 7- 224 224 224 224 224 223 (223.83) -1 lb

Week 8- 224 225 224.5 224.5 224 224 224 (224.28) + 0.5 lb.......................(224. -5.1 lbs

Week 9- 222 224 225 222.5 223 222.5 223.5 (223.21) -1 lb

Week 10- 223 222.5 221.5 221 223 223 222 (222.29) -0.9 lb

Week 11- 221 223 221 221 221 224 223 (222) -0.30 lb

Week 12- 223 222 223 222 223 223 222.5 (222.64) +0.6 lb.......................(222.5) -2.3 lbs

Week 13- 222 222 220 222 222 221 221 (221.43) -1.20 lbs

Week 14- 221.5 222 223 223 221.5 222 218 (221.57) +0.14 lb

Week 15- 220 221 223 221 221 221.5 222.5 (221.43) -0.14 lb

Week 16- 224 221 X 221.5 223 223 223 (222.58) +1.15 lbs......................(221. -0.7 lbs

Week 17- 220 221 221 221 221 220 220 (220.57) -2 lbs

Week 18- 220 220 220.5 220 220 220 219.5 (220) -0.57 lb

Week 19- 220 218 219 218.5 218.5 218.5 217.5 (218.57) -1.43

Week 20- 218.5 219.5 220 220 220 220 220 (219.7) +1.10......................(219.71) -2.09 lbs

Week 21- 218.5 218.5 218.5 218.5 217.5 217.5 218 (218.14) -1.56

Week 22- 219.5 219.5 220 220 219.5 218.5 218.5 (219.36) +1.22

Week 23- 216 215.5 217 217.5 216.5 215 215 (216.07) -3.29

Week 24- 215.5 X X 217 215.8 216.8 217.4 (216.5) +0.43......................(217.51 lbs) -2.2 lbs

Week 25- 215.5 217 216 217 217.6 217.8 215.8 (216.67) +0.17

Week 26- 218.2 X 219 217.8 219.2 218.2 X (218.5) +1.81

Week 27- 217 216.6 216 216.6 217 217.8 219 (217.14) -1.36

Week 28- 217.6 217 216.6 216.6 217 217.6 217 (217.06) -0.08.............(217.34) -0.2 lbs

Week 29- 216.2 216.8 214.6 215.8 215.8 216.2 216.2 (215.9) -1.12

Week 30- 215.4 214.8 213 213.6 215 218.5 215.1 (215.1) -0.8

Week 31- 214 216.2 215.4 214.8 214.4 214.8 215.8 (215.06) -0.04

Week 32- 217 216.6 216.2 216.6 216.6 216.2 217.4 (216.7) +1.6...........(215.69) -1.63

Week 33- 216 214.4 215.6 216.2 216.2 X 215.4 (215.6) -1.1

Week 34- 215.6 216.2 214.8 216.2 215.2 214.8 216.4 (215.6) -0

Week 35- 217 X 215.8 215.8 216 215 214.6 (215.7) +0.1

Week 36- 215.4 215.6 216 216.8 215.2 215.4 213.8 (215.5) -0.24..........(215.6) -0.09

Week 37- 216.8 215.4 X X X X X Vacation....

Week 38- X X X X X X X Vactaion.....

Week 39- X X X X 216.4 214.6 215 (215.6) +0.1

(I went on vacation and took 4 days off plan and it took all that time

to get back to my previous baseline! I decided to pick up where I

left off. The highest weight when I got back was 223 pounds!)

Week 40- 216.6 216.4 216.2 217 217 216.4 215.4 (216.43) +0.83

Week 41- 215.4 216.4 216.2 X 216.6 X 216.6 (216.24) -0.19

Week 42- 215.4 215.6 215.4 215.4 214.8 216 216 (215.51) -0.73.........(215.94) +0.35

(Wk 42 on Thurs Aug 15th started exercising)

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50.………(214.72) -1.23

Week 49- 213 211.8 212 212.2 213 212.4 213 (212.49) -1.60

Week 50- 212.8 212.6 212.6 212.4 212.6 212.8 212.6 (212.63) +0.14.…(213.61)-1.11

Week 51- 212.4

MIW
Old 10-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Ok all, I officially ended ONE YEAR following CAD/CALP and combo with intermittent fasting. Once I met other people doing Rachael Heller's original way to lose weight by eating only one meal a day I slowly evolved my own eating patterns to that. I make sure to keep to the one hour rule. I am up to about 5 days a week with truely only one meal a day. The other 2, maybe 3 days I do end up having a CM if I need it. I do not force myself to eat the one meal a day. It is my natural hunger that guides me. The days I do get hungry again I will go ahead and have the CM. I also the last 3 months have switched to eating my RM in the morning and try to have it in by 9am according to The Big Breakfast Diet which was heavily cited by the Heller's in their book The Stress Eating Cure.

So now I am doing a combo of CAD/CALP, BBD, SEC, and IF- WOW!!! My personal eating plan is a one hour, total day's supply of calories, at least 7 ounces of protein, and consumed by 9am, balanced of protein/fat, veggies/fruits, and carbs (or at least my ratio that I found I can lose well on). Sounds complicated but is very easy and doeable. I sleep well with no full belly, have seen better results as well with ring being loser, just "appearing" thinner even though weight loss is still slow with a monthly avg of about 1/4 to 1/2 pound a week eating like this.

I did start out following CALP as written. I still avoid MSG, anything SF/AS in it, caffeine (even decaf) outside of my RM hour. I have experimented A LOT in the last year with RM for dinner, RM for lunch, then RM for breakfast. I follow many of the CALP "options" and even tried the GTF chromium for 2 months then went off and did not track any noticeable slow down in weight loss. I try to eat lots of cheese and fresh ground black pepper for natural sources of GTF chromium as the Heller's explained. I "aim" for balance at RM's with the 1/3 protein/fat, 1/3 low carb veggies, 1/3 carbs of my choice. However, along my journey in the last year I discovered I can still eat 1 part protein/fat to 2 parts low carb veggies and 2 parts carbs and still lose!

I probably was only eating about 1300-1500 calories a day the first couple of months but slowly started learning more about intermittent fasting and high calorie weight loss and actually increased my caloric intake but followed "the rules" of CAD and do intermittent fasting enough days of the week that it actually makes me less hungry and able to tolerate the amount of calories I currently eat and still see results.

I eat most days anywhere from 1800-2300 calories. 100-300 gms of carbs. A typical meal consists of this:

1 Large Ribeye Stead

24 ounce Blender Bottle fruit smoothie made from 1 banana, one orange, 1/2 a large apple, 1 Cup each of green grapes, red grapes, and strawberries. 1 Cup of full fat yogurt. I use "Cream Top" by Brown Cow which is 9gms of fat per serving.

12-16 ounces of an ice cream milkshake made with 2-3 cups of regular fat/sugar ice cream, 1/2 to 1 cup of regular half & half, and a Star Buck's Via thrown in for coffee flavoring.

5 chocolate chip cookies

Some days also add a 4 to 6 cup salad of mixed baby greens and 4 TBSP of regular Hidden Valley Ranch.

It may seem over the top to eat all that in one meal but I found I is doable, I do not feel stuffed like I am after a typical Thanksgiving meal. The full feeling last ALL DAY long and I am getting awesome tastey foods day in and day out!

My personal opinion on this WOE, sprinkled with hours of research on insulin resistance, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, syndrome X, hyperinsulinemia is that it isn't so much about the calories but is about minimizing insuin surges the rest of the day. Also about surpressing some of the other hormones like cortisol while raising and maintaing seratonin. There are suggestions by the Heller's and Dr. Jacobowitz in the BBD book and SEC book so I slowly encorporated those.

I only want to share my story of the past year and what has worked for me. I have only been off plan a total of 10 days (or less) in the last year. I learned that it took me 17 days to take off the weight from 4 days off plan! I learned that it can take 2 days for the result of a cheat day to show up on the scale. My point is that being off plan can serve a purpose too in the scientific method of learning about my own personal metabolism.

Week 1- 235 (235)

Week 2- 231 229 (230) -5 lbs

Week 3- 228 (228) -1 lb

Week 4- 227 226 (226.5) -1.5 lbs............................................... .............(229.9) -5.1 lbs

Week 5- 225 227 228 225 (226.25) -0.25 lbs

Week 6- 225 225 225.5 225.5 225 224 223.5 (224.79) -1.5 lbs

Week 7- 224 224 224 224 224 223 (223.83) -1 lb

Week 8- 224 225 224.5 224.5 224 224 224 (224.28) + 0.5 lb.....................(224.8) -5.1 lbs

Week 9- 222 224 225 222.5 223 222.5 223.5 (223.21) -1 lb

Week 10- 223 222.5 221.5 221 223 223 222 (222.29) -0.9 lb

Week 11- 221 223 221 221 221 224 223 (222) -0.30 lb

Week 12- 223 222 223 222 223 223 222.5 (222.64) +0.6 lb.......................(222.5) -2.3 lbs

Week 13- 222 222 220 222 222 221 221 (221.43) -1.20 lbs

Week 14- 221.5 222 223 223 221.5 222 218 (221.57) +0.14 lb

Week 15- 220 221 223 221 221 221.5 222.5 (221.43) -0.14 lb

Week 16- 224 221 X 221.5 223 223 223 (222.58) +1.15 lbs......................(221.8) -0.7 lbs

Week 17- 220 221 221 221 221 220 220 (220.57) -2 lbs

Week 18- 220 220 220.5 220 220 220 219.5 (220) -0.57 lb

Week 19- 220 218 219 218.5 218.5 218.5 217.5 (218.57) -1.43

Week 20- 218.5 219.5 220 220 220 220 220 (219.7) +1.10....................(219.71) -2.09 lbs

Week 21- 218.5 218.5 218.5 218.5 217.5 217.5 218 (218.14) -1.56

Week 22- 219.5 219.5 220 220 219.5 218.5 218.5 (219.36) +1.22

Week 23- 216 215.5 217 217.5 216.5 215 215 (216.07) -3.29

Week 24- 215.5 X X 217 215.8 216.8 217.4 (216.5) +0.43......................(217.51 lbs) -2.2 lbs

Week 25- 215.5 217 216 217 217.6 217.8 215.8 (216.67) +0.17

Week 26- 218.2 X 219 217.8 219.2 218.2 X (218.5) +1.81

Week 27- 217 216.6 216 216.6 217 217.8 219 (217.14) -1.36

Week 28- 217.6 217 216.6 216.6 217 217.6 217 (217.06) -0.08.............(217.34) -0.2 lbs

Week 29- 216.2 216.8 214.6 215.8 215.8 216.2 216.2 (215.9) -1.12

Week 30- 215.4 214.8 213 213.6 215 218.5 215.1 (215.1) -0.8

Week 31- 214 216.2 215.4 214.8 214.4 214.8 215.8 (215.06) -0.04

Week 32- 217 216.6 216.2 216.6 216.6 216.2 217.4 (216.7) +1.6.......(215.69) -1.63 lbs

Week 33- 216 214.4 215.6 216.2 216.2 X 215.4 (215.6) -1.1

Week 34- 215.6 216.2 214.8 216.2 215.2 214.8 216.4 (215.6) -0

Week 35- 217 X 215.8 215.8 216 215 214.6 (215.7) +0.1

Week 36- 215.4 215.6 216 216.8 215.2 215.4 213.8 (215.5) -0.24........(215.6) -0.09 lbs

Week 37- 216.8 215.4 X X X X X Vacation....

Week 38- X X X X X X X Vactaion.....

Week 39- X X X X 216.4 214.6 215 (215.6) +0.1

(I went on vacation and took 4 days off plan and it took all that time

to get back to my previous baseline! I decided to pick up where I

left off. The highest weight when I got back was 223 pounds!)

Week 40- 216.6 216.4 216.2 217 217 216.4 215.4 (216.43) +0.83

Week 41- 215.4 216.4 216.2 X 216.6 X 216.6 (216.24) -0.19

Week 42- 215.4 215.6 215.4 215.4 214.8 216 216 (215.51) -0.73.........(215.94) +0.35 lbs

(Wk 42 on Thurs Aug 15th started exercising)

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50.………(214.72) -1.23 lbs
(Above 2 weeks examples of my split-week gains from TOM)

(Somewhere in here I started eating RM for breakfast and the weight is coming off even faster and I saw the LOWEST gain ever for being on TOM!!!)

Week 49- 213 211.8 212 212.2 213 212.4 213 (212.49) -1.60

Week 50- 212.8 212.6 212.6 212.4 212.6 212.8 212.6 (212.63) +0.14.…(213.61)-1.11 lbs

Week 51- 212.4 212.8 212.4 212.4 212.6 212.2 212.2 (212.43) -0.20
(Week 50 and 51 example of split-week TOM and ONLY gained 0.14 pound???)

Week 52- 213 211.8 213 212.6 X 213.2 212.4 (212.76) +0.24

Week 53- 213.6
Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
The Fast 5 works best for me at 5 a.m. to 10 a.m.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Does anyone eat this way and still have a bingish 5 hour window at times? I have days where I want fruit but days where I want junk too!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TootsieRoll
Stats: 153.4/? /130
WOE: Fast-5/JUDDD
Start Date: 12/03/2014
Fast-5 Lifestyle

I have been doing Fast-5 for a little over a week now. I've lost 1.2 lbs so far.
My window is 11 AM to 4PM. I have never been one to eat or snack late in the evening, (especially after the kitchen is all cleaned up, haha) and we have an early bedtime, so closing my window at 4 PM works great. I sleep during the majority of my fasting hours and wake with only 5 hours until I can eat. When one is sleeping, it's an easy way to avoid eating, so you avoid temptation for the majority of the fast. It has been very easy to do. I stay busy in the early morning hours and don't even think about eating until my window is open. I am not eating low carb either. I don't count calories and I eat whatever I want and I'm satisfied. I thought I would pig out knowing I had 5 hours to eat whatever I wanted but I don't. My body just can not hold all the food I thought I could eat. Sometimes I eat two meals during my "5" but most of the time I am not hungry after the first meal, so I have a light snack at the close of my window.
I find this lifestyle easier than any "diet" or woe I have ever tried. It is absolutely working for me!
TootsieRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I had fried shrimp and rice for lunch. I had about 5 miniature candy bars after. I did not have a gain this morning, not even from the sodium!
Today was 4 oz sirloin steak and 3 shrimp, mashed potatoes and rolls with lots of butter followed by 6 Oreo pumpkin spice cookies. I am stuffed!
My appetite is really beginning to regulate as a result of the fasting and I'm having zero cravings. I'm not counting calories or restricting any food so I don't feel like I have to cheat. I'll have a bottled protein shake in a bit to keep me from getting hungry later, and close my window for the day.
My expectations are to lose 1 pound a week. My official weigh in day is Wednesday, even though I weigh daily, and so far I am on track.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Things are going well. The scale isn't moving, but that is to be expected according to the website, and it even mentions gaining for the first 3 weeks. Not worried because I have lost another 1/4 inch off my waist! It's like I can almost feel my body eating it's own fat. The number on the scale can stay the same as long as the number of my jean size goes down :-)
Fasting has gotten easier. When I eat, I eat anything I want during my 5 hours and I've found that I naturally want less each day. I'm not restricting calories or carbs. There is a box of *unopened* Star Crunch cookies in my pantry that's been there for over a week now. That has never happened
Old 09-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #420
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bbnot
Stats: 170/168/Size 6
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: 01/01/13
Fast-5

I am also in the early stages of the Fast-5 diet and my experience is similar. Not much in the way of weight loss yet, but feeling better and smaller and this WOE seems sustainable. I was trying to do the JUDD diet, but there are too many occasions that it just doesn't work for me. I'm getting close to the 3 week mark so I'm hoping to start seeing some slow but steady weight loss. I'll keep you posted.
bbnot is offline   Reply With Quote