Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaraNoelle
WOE: CAD, FAST FIVE
Start Date: 3/20/2013
thanks jeneric
CaraNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraNoelle View Post
Hi Ladies.. I am on day 4 of faithfully doing the Fast 5..was doing the CAD diet but for some reason the weight was stalling and I just decided to try something new....I am still extremely hungry when it comes to waiting for my window but I have not cheated..my window is 1:30- 5:30..from what I have read over time the hunger will decrease
After awhile your body gets use to it. I found eating high fat & low carbs helped tremendously. I do get hungry periodically but it's not a sever hunger and usually it passes away the closer I get to my EW. Good Luck!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
After a weekend of eating anything and everything whenever the mood struck, I'm looking forward to a Fast day today. The scale is not my friend either. After what I thought was a good week, I was up a 1/2 lb on Saturday morning. I decided to weigh in this morning and am up another pound! Time to get a handle on this.

Yesterday I did a lot of stress eating. We woke up and had no water! We had to have our well water pump replaced. Besides the $$, the stress of not having water had me turning to candy and other junk. Anyway, we were back up and running by 1PM. Whew!

I'm off to boot camp in a few minutes and will open my eating window at 2 this afternoon & stick to 500 calories. Hoping for a great day!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hi all. I'm still here. Last week I was up anywhere from 2-4 lbs depending on the day. Kind of discouraging since this is the first time that happened and I can't pinpoint anything that may have contributed. I am starting to ponder if it was from the previous blunder at the fair but I was well within a 5 hour eating window (even though most days I only eat within an hour, or one LC meal and one regular meal a few hours later). That one particular day was fairly carby and spaced out over about 4 hours of grazing so that was something my body had not done AT ALL in close to 6 months. I am starting to wonder if there can be a delayed response where the scale doesn't really reflect the weight gain until a week or even a bit longer. I know usually the day to day fluctuations are just water so that doesn't bother me.

MIW
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
After a weekend of eating anything and everything whenever the mood struck, I'm looking forward to a Fast day today. The scale is not my friend either. After what I thought was a good week, I was up a 1/2 lb on Saturday morning. I decided to weigh in this morning and am up another pound! Time to get a handle on this.

Yesterday I did a lot of stress eating. We woke up and had no water! We had to have our well water pump replaced. Besides the $$, the stress of not having water had me turning to candy and other junk. Anyway, we were back up and running by 1PM. Whew!

I'm off to boot camp in a few minutes and will open my eating window at 2 this afternoon & stick to 500 calories. Hoping for a great day!
Hey, being up only a 1/2 pound is awesome! You body sounds like it has a good metabolism if you have been doing some stress eating

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Quote:

I'm right there with you!!! Was a naughty girl this weekend, though I did stick to my Windows. Scale wasn't that nice to me this morning because of it... Planning a lot of exercise today and am thinking of just making it a down day too. Today marks the beginning of a local weight loss challenge and I need to get on it. It runs into August and I'd love to be at goal then or at least close! I'm thinking I'll use tomorrow's weight as my start weight though since today's was mostly high because of the carby junk I ate yesterday...

15 lbs gone: 202 11/5/12
25 lbs gone: 192 1/19/13
32 lbs gone: 185 4/16/13
40 lbs gone:177
Now at a healthy weight: 168
Goal weight with 57 lbs gone: 160

melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

I'm weighing daily this week just to get a handle on things. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see the lowest number I've seen in a long time! I haven't changed my stats yet, I'll wait to see where I am at the end of the week. Anyway......lost all the weekend gain plus 1.5 lbs! Gotta love a 3 lb drop in one day!

Hope you have the same drop on the scale Melanie!
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Quote:
I'm weighing daily this week just to get a handle on things. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see the lowest number I've seen in a long time! I haven't changed my stats yet, I'll wait to see where I am at the end of the week. Anyway......lost all the weekend gain plus 1.5 lbs! Gotta love a 3 lb drop in one day!

That's fantastic
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Thanks sldeal!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Yay, good job!

My Monday DD turned into a MD. Banana chips and peanut butter are a pitfall for me, but thankfully there are no more in the house! I need to stay out of all the salty processed foods too or really limit them, been lovin me some pepperoni and salami! My weights been 188-189 lately.

So the plan is to get all my food logged and have Mondays and Fridays DD's. I can do this, I so wanna be in the 170's someday!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Monday & Friday DD's sound like a good idea. Bookend the weekend!

Good Luck!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Hey guys! I've actually been Judding since 2/15/12 and have lost 9 lbs. I actually lost around 12 but after birthday bliss I'm back up a couple of pounds. Was looking at using an eating window rather than UD/DD rotations. Trying to JUDDD on weekends is a killer, and was going to do MWF DD's, but even Fridays are hard to pull a DD for me and Idk if 5:2 would be enough. My only concern with the window is people wanting to go out for lunches and breakfast. I would totally have to say good-bye to morning eating (Which isn't a huge deal), but when everyone else is going into town and they want to go hit a restaurant for Breakfast I would have a hard time saying "no". If I induldged at Breakfast then it would mean no dinner for me, and that's my favorite time to eat. I wondered if I combined 5:2 and on my 5 UD's use the window? That way if something does come up and I want to have breakfast if I eat outside the window once only so often then it won't be a big deal. 2 DD's aren't a big deal b/c MW im pretty much doing my own thing anyway. Any whoo may give this a go!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Hey guys! I've actually been Judding since 2/15/12 and have lost 9 lbs. I actually lost around 12 but after birthday bliss I'm back up a couple of pounds. Was looking at using an eating window rather than UD/DD rotations. Trying to JUDDD on weekends is a killer, and was going to do MWF DD's, but even Fridays are hard to pull a DD for me and Idk if 5:2 would be enough. My only concern with the window is people wanting to go out for lunches and breakfast. I would totally have to say good-bye to morning eating (Which isn't a huge deal), but when everyone else is going into town and they want to go hit a restaurant for Breakfast I would have a hard time saying "no". If I induldged at Breakfast then it would mean no dinner for me, and that's my favorite time to eat. I wondered if I combined 5:2 and on my 5 UD's use the window? That way if something does come up and I want to have breakfast if I eat outside the window once only so often then it won't be a big deal. 2 DD's aren't a big deal b/c MW im pretty much doing my own thing anyway. Any whoo may give this a go!
There is also an Intermittent Fasting thread with many ppl doing Fast 5, 8 hour diet, BB, etc. I am doing CAD along with IF of an eating window from 5-8 hours most days.

I eat 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-160 carbs a day on the random days I have audited my calories out of curiosity. I am down 20 lbs since November. I feel less hungry since I switched to IF and I usually just do an extreme LC lunch and a regular dinner of whatever I want. I do have periods of plateaus but this is for life and overall trend is losing. Plus NO hunger, cravings, and not counting calories, carbs, weighing foods, etc. I love this and it is for life!

MIW
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
There is also an Intermittent Fasting thread with many ppl doing Fast 5, 8 hour diet, BB, etc. I am doing CAD along with IF of an eating window from 5-8 hours most days.

I eat 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-160 carbs a day on the random days I have audited my calories out of curiosity. I am down 20 lbs since November. I feel less hungry since I switched to IF and I usually just do an extreme LC lunch and a regular dinner of whatever I want. I do have periods of plateaus but this is for life and overall trend is losing. Plus NO hunger, cravings, and not counting calories, carbs, weighing foods, etc. I love this and it is for life!

MIW
That's great MIW! I just think this woe might be better b/c you're getting to eat a really good meal everyday. I can hold off til 2 pm w/no prob hopefully. I can just sip green tea and keep busy til then. And I guess if I've got lunch plans or something I can always move my window. Or do an 8 hr window instead. I just hope it works. I have no idea where my calorie range should be. I'm thinking around 1700. My UD number for juddd was 1688.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

1 hr and 20 min to go!!! Just not sure where to keep my calories.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Hi JM,

Hope things are going well for you. I do 5:2 and sometimes 4:3 if it works out. I love only worrying about calories 2 or 3 days a week. I know the loss will be slow, but I've come to grips with that.

Hope you're enjoying Fast 5.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi JM,

Hope things are going well for you. I do 5:2 and sometimes 4:3 if it works out. I love only worrying about calories 2 or 3 days a week. I know the loss will be slow, but I've come to grips with that.

Hope you're enjoying Fast 5.
Hey Lori! Was doing 4:3 but I struggle on Fridays. Just was reading up on the fast 5 and thought about combining the two. Is it working for you? I know you work out a lot, but just wondering if you're seeing losses. I just thought the window thing might help.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

As far as losses on 4:3/5:2, yes, I'm slowly losing. Saw my lowest number to date last week, but was up 1/2 by the time my "official" weigh in day rolled around. As long as its a downward trend, I'll be happy.

This week I'll be doing well to maintain. I'm flying out to St Louis in a couple hours and will be there till Friday. 3 days of software workshops. Hotel breakfast, catered lunch & dinner out. OY!

I'll try to check in from the hotel. Have a good week everyone!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaraNoelle
WOE: CAD, FAST FIVE
Start Date: 3/20/2013
losing weight one week out of the month !!

I am realizing that I only lose any real weight like one week out of the month ?? it is usually the week prior to my TOM..anyone else notice this ???
CaraNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am realizing that I only lose any real weight like one week out of the month ?? it is usually the week prior to my TOM..anyone else notice this ???
It is very slow and steady. For me my usual "all time low" weight that happens every month is usually the week after my TOM. I think it must dry me out or something! LOL

I do daily wts,with a 7 day average then subtract one week to the next. I found this is the only true way to see the loss. Yes, it is slow but if I picked random days (Say Mondays) going back the last 6 months it would look many weeks like I was gaining wt. Remember that for most of us, this WOE is not about counting calories, carbs, etc. Many of us still eat lots and the trend is overall loss. Who can complain about that? Heck, I am not even exercising and I am eating 1800-2600 calories a day and have lost 20 lbs in the last 6 months. Yes, I could have lost that amount in a month or two on a starvation diet but I don't want to live that way anymore.

MIW
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Back in the 140s this morning. had a did Tues and there and eating in the 5 he window. So far so good! And surprizednto see almost a 1.5 loss and having TOM at the same time but whoo hook I'm glad!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I feel like that alot too! For me it seems like it's a different week every month though, odd!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

And yes, I'm still here just doing sucky in everything but my workouts! Today is a new day and I have high hopes for it.... I'm going to commit myself to checking in here EVERY DAY!

5/12 - 191.8
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm still here as well.....just had a really bad week last week. I was away on a business trip and all we did was eat & drink! We ate out of boredom during the day at software workshops and then ate and drank for entertainment at night! Add to that traveling by air and eating airport food...ugh! I gained 6 lbs in 5 days!! One pound is gone, but it'll take me a week or 2 to get back to where I was before I left. Sigh...

Also heading back to boot camp tomorrow morning. I didn't do a bit of exercise while I was away. Back to reality!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Lori! I'm right there with ya!

5/12 - 191.8
5/13 - 192.8

Ouch, Mothers day dinner out has made its mark! Made pretty good food choices, but I'm sure the salt and hidden carbs are at fault. Today is supposed to be a DD, so far so good.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

I had a good DD yesterday. Have 2 days of boot camp under my belt so far for the week and I'll be back to it tomorrow morning.

Scale was down 2.5 lbs after 1 good fast day. Hoping till the end of the week, I have a low number that will hold thru the weekend!

Onward!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Good Job Lori!

My DD on the other hand turned into a MD/regular day, with some fruit and potato involved, ugh! Oh well, I'm almost through a successful DD today, don't know what my problem is, they were never so hard before... Scale was alot nicer today than yesterday!

5/12 - 191.8
5/13 - 192.8
5/14 - 191.0
Old 05-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Boot camp boxing workout was awesome as usual. I'm feeling REALLY tired this morning. I haven't eaten today....not sure if I'll make today a Fast day or not. I'm thinking I will. I've made it till 8:30......if I keep busy at work I can hold out till 1 or 2 for my yogurt.

Planning a solid 5 days of boot camp, so I'm torching calories this week.

Sounds like you're back on track Melanie!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Still here too! Gardening, bringing in new animals to the farm, even BEES! LOL. Today my newest all time low weight of 214.6 lbs. Down a hair over 20 lbs in 7 months by eating 1800-2600 calories a day! Love it. Been playing with eating my big meal earlier in the day like the BB or SEC diet but my body doesn't like it as much. I get shaky, tired, and hungry later in the day and never feel like that when I fast longer in the morning and eat later in the day. I wanted to give it a good try because I know for some ppl it really does help lose weight and work better with hunger and cravings.

MIW
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Lori and MIW!!!

Yesterday kinda went down the toilet a little for me at the end, but oh well.... apparently the scale didn't catch on to it, lol! Today we started a weight loss challenge here at work which is motivating!

5/12 - 191.8
5/13 - 192.8
5/14 - 191.0
5/15 - 189.4