Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Welcome Farm Gal!!!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Calories were 1300 something.. was hard to count dinner since I had thrown a whole chicken in the crock pot. I don't have a food scale, so hopefully I didn't guess too high on the calories. It'll be interesting to see after a few days, whether or not I feel like I'm eating a lot less than I was... Scale said 187.0 this am.
melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Thanks Melanie!
I have been opening my window between 2pm and 3pm and usually start with a snack, then supper with hubby. I've been guessing between 1200 and 1500 calories for all. It's been working really well for me. When I had done JUDDD, on my down days I didn't eat until supper time and 500 calories just was never enough. Up days I had a real problem with reigning in too! Fast-5 just seems to be a better fit for me. The transition was pretty simple.
Farm Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
I woke up starving this morning! ACK! This is a low calorie day for me and may be a miserable one! I was VERY active yesterday which probably explains why I'm so hungry today. I did eat plenty when I got home last night hoping it would hold me thru today...we'll see.

I'm taking a couple days off boot camp and will be back to it on Friday. Yesterday I went to boot camp at 5:45AM, worked all day and then walked 9 holes of golf. Woke up feeling tired and achy this morning. A little break will do me good.

I'm determined to give myself a good week of 4:3 and see what the scale says on Saturday morning. Sure hope I see a lower number! I've been "stuck" for weeks!

Hope you're having a good week!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there Lori... So are you doing a combo of Fast 5 and 4:3???
Old 04-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm Gal View Post
Hang in there Lori... So are you doing a combo of Fast 5 and 4:3???
Yes, that's the plan THIS week! I really need to pick a plan and stick with it long enough to see some results! I'm SO impatient! I may just switch to 4:3 without worrying about the "eating window" depending on how things work. I have some trips coming up that are going to make sticking to an eating window very difficult.
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Yes, that's the plan THIS week! I really need to pick a plan and stick with it long enough to see some results! I'm SO impatient! I may just switch to 4:3 without worrying about the "eating window" depending on how things work. I have some trips coming up that are going to make sticking to an eating window very difficult.
I really don't think it's a bad thing switching things up! I think it keeps your body guessing. ? I'm down another pound this morning so as long as it works I'll keep on what I'm doing. When I stop losing-I know I'll try something else!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Good day yesterday. Went to my bootcamp workout and had a chat with the instructor afterwards. She's an amazing lady, works full time and then comes and teaches these killer classes, on Monday and Wednesday she does 2.5 hours of back to back classes and is no spring chicken since she's been teaching them for 30 years, rock hard body. Anyways I asked her some diet advice. She's about the same height as me and right off the bat she guessed I should be eating like 2000 calories with the workouts I'm doing. I was like but to lose though? Anyways I guess I'll go higher on workout days and then maybe a little less on the weekend..

Scale said 186.2 this morning and I ate almost 1700 calories yesterday. I feel like I always drop in the beginning of the week and then after Thursday I start going back up. Hopefully somehow this week I can put the breaks on that!

15 lbs gone: 202 11/5/12
25 lbs gone: 192 1/19/13
32 lbs gone: 185 4/16/13
40 lbs gone:177
Now at a healthy weight: 168
Goal weight with 57 lbs gone: 160

Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

I know what you mean Melanie. When I started researching Intermittent Fasting, my non-fast day calories always work out to around 2000. That is just amazing to a person who has spent her life trying to live on 1000 calories! Each person is different and we all need to take the time and determine what level our body likes best. We need to give our bodies enough calories so that it feels safe in letting go of some fat. Who knew!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know what you mean Melanie. When I started researching Intermittent Fasting, my non-fast day calories always work out to around 2000. That is just amazing to a person who has spent her life trying to live on 1000 calories! Each person is different and we all need to take the time and determine what level our body likes best. We need to give our bodies enough calories so that it feels safe in letting go of some fat. Who knew!
I know, I asked her without saying anything about my diet and how many I was currently eating. She looked me up and down and said I was tall like her and said 2000. The look on my face was probably priceless! I was expecting something more like 1600 or 1700, but not really more than that...
Old 04-11-2013, 06:25 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

So glad for a Feast day today! I had a really hard time with yesterday's Fast day. I usually don't have a problem with doing a 500 calorie day, but yesterday was brutal. I don't know if it was because I was extra active on Tuesday and that bled into Wednesday or what. Another Fast day tomorrow and I'm dreading it already. I'll do boot camp in the morning.......hopefully that will blunt my appetite like it usually does. I'm going to eat well today in hopes that tomorrow will be easier. I'm determined to give this a good 4:3 week and see what the scale says on Saturday morning!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So glad for a Feast day today! I had a really hard time with yesterday's Fast day. I usually don't have a problem with doing a 500 calorie day, but yesterday was brutal. I don't know if it was because I was extra active on Tuesday and that bled into Wednesday or what. Another Fast day tomorrow and I'm dreading it already. I'll do boot camp in the morning.......hopefully that will blunt my appetite like it usually does. I'm going to eat well today in hopes that tomorrow will be easier. I'm determined to give this a good 4:3 week and see what the scale says on Saturday morning!
Wishing you luck Lori!!
I'm down another lb this morning!! 8.6 lbs in 10 days! I'm so pumped!! AND I feel great!! I can't believe I spent years doing calorie counting/restriction and didn't realize that it DOES matter when I consume those calories. I had a feast last night for the tune of 1400+ calories and still saw a lb off!
Have a great day ladies!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Anna!!

I'm hoping to see a loss this week as well!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #283
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: curious georgie
loving it so far

Hi,

Hope I did this right. I am doing IF along with very low carb. I have my husband doing it too. I am already seeing great results. I start out with lots of fat without carbs to sustain me, like CO and butter.

I already notice that pants that were uncomfortably snug now don't feel that way. They were those sort of pants that I bought when I used to wear everything tight. They were never the right size, because they were tight and I just stopped wearing them, not even in hopes to fit into them, but sort of held on to them because they were expensive. Well, here I am finding them comfortable after a very short time.
curious georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious georgie View Post
Hi,

Hope I did this right. I am doing IF along with very low carb. I have my husband doing it too. I am already seeing great results. I start out with lots of fat without carbs to sustain me, like CO and butter.

I already notice that pants that were uncomfortably snug now don't feel that way. They were those sort of pants that I bought when I used to wear everything tight. They were never the right size, because they were tight and I just stopped wearing them, not even in hopes to fit into them, but sort of held on to them because they were expensive. Well, here I am finding them comfortable after a very short time.
Welcome!

It's always wonderful to hear of someone else having success with IF. There are so many ways to do it......everyone will find a way that works for them!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Georgie!
Agree with Lori-there are many ways to do IF. I started out with JUDDD and now do Fast-5. It just was a better fit for me and its working! Keep us posted with you and your hubby's progress!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Georgie!! I'm a very low carb fast 5'er too!!

Good job Anna!

Fingers crossed for Saturday Lori!!!!

Well yesterday I ate 1950 calories. I had about 800 when I broke my fast and then the rest for dinner after my workout. Energy for my workout was pretty good. I'm also happy with my fat, protein and carb ratios. Scale said 186.4 this morning so not bad... pretty hungry today, which is kinda surprising.. also need to figure out how many calories I'm going to be eating on non workout days...
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday went well. I worked out and had 2030 calories. I bought some pickles and have been eating one a day for the last couple days, which isn't the best thing in the world due to the salt content. Scale said 186.6 this morning, so happy I'm holding these 186's, hopefully it'll drop lower soon. Really need to make sure I keep up with my water on the weekend!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Good job on the scale this morning Melanie!

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning after having a 4:3 week. I did 3 boot camp sessions this week too, so I'm hoping to see a lower number tomorrow.

Next week's plan will be 5:2 due to going away for a long weekend with my sister.

This is my plan for life and I'll just let the pounds fall where they may!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

HI Everybody,

Thanks for the welcome!
What have you all found in respect to coffee? I assumed though it kind of staves off hunger, that when I do eat, it would come roaring back moreso than no coffee. But so far, hasn't been the case. I had coffee today and by the time I had a snack (now--starting with some salami and swiss cheese--meal to happen possibly in a bit), I was sort of ravenous but only for a little snack.

Then I was satisfied. Still unseasonably excited about pants that made me feel very SQUEEZED in that I didn't bother wearing now feeling fine. I just put on my most awfully tight pair, and they are ok.

It is really great to hear about all your successes! It feels very supportive.

Previously, even though I have done low to very little carbs, I would always slip over the edge when dabbling in carby foods. So I am allowing for cheese, bacon, salami, etc. to be my new "desserts." Otherwise I start craving over the top. My sister can have a little sweets each week, no problem. Not me. At least, not so far.

I made killer burger the other night--fried egg, super yummy thick bacon not too overcooked, fatty ground beef, and cheese. Super yum. Maybe will have it tonight, but I think all my salami just now ruined my appetite. Oh well. I eat piles of fat in the am to help with the fast; I am studying so otherwise, my brain does NOT function well.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Happy girl this morning!! Scale is down 3 lbs for the week!! I have this niggling doubt that it won't stay gone, but fingers crossed!

The weight tracker app on my phone actually says I am merely overweight instead of that dreaded word....obese!

Next week will be a 5:2 week.....with a long weekend of eating out. Hmmm...I'll be doing well to just maintain, I'm thinking.

Have a good weekend!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Georgie that burger sounds awesome! I think you have inspired me about dinner this evening... I've been having my coffee with coconut oil and hwc usually when my window opens.

Good Job Lori!!!!! 3 lbs is awesome!!!!

I went a little over my calories yesterday, it was just under 2200. Had a busy day and couldn't log them until after I was done eating, so I was like "whoops"! I still technically ate less than I burned though.. I went with a friend to walk/jog. I did a 15 min jogging segment and a 5 minute one during a total of 40 minutes, so it was 20jog/20walk. If we keep going on Fridays I'm going to try to up the jogging part by 5 minutes each time.

Scale said 187.6 this morning, which isn't too bad considering the calories and how much sodium it said I took in.. No workout scheduled for today, so I think I will do a lower calorie day.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!
Ya Lori!!!!!
Georgie-I don't think I could do FF without coffee!! I usually have coffee all morning at least until noon! I do have sugar free creamer once in a while too!
Melanie-I hear ya on the calories, Hubby wanted Chinese last night so I definitely went overboard on calories yesterday too. It's all good though-I decided this will be a lifestyle change not a diet and I have to LIVE too!
Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #293
Junior LCF Member

Hi Melanie,

Here's what I have found. When reading that Bulletproof guy, it gave me the idea of purposely putting the fats in the coffee. I ignored all his other stuff, trying to sell coffee products, etc. but just looked at supporting my fast with the stuff in the coffee. I am REALLY trying to up the amount of CO, and butter, I put in my coffee. From him, I also got the idea of using butter. There is a whole thing about grassfed, like Kerrygold being better for you. I am pretty thrifty though. I tried this european butter, which is also kind of pricey, but I do like it better. I am not super concerned with if its better for me or not, because I'm already doing VLC so what's the difference, in my mind? But more CO seems to make a difference in how good I feel. It's hard to explain because I feel just fine without it, but the way I think, etc. seems to be better with more CO. Also, I didn't do coffee till much later yesterday, and think it's much more helpful to do it early a.m.

Farm Gal, so you already figured out the whole coffee thing? That's great! I did do a day without it, and felt great, too, but I think it is more supportive with it. Also, all that fat tastes better IN something rather than just on a spoon.

Kay, enough rambling for now! Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

Added new twist to my burger. Sounds sort of weird/gross maybe, but I had a hankering to hard boil my egg, NOT so it is like a rubber duckie, but so it is still cooked through (seems gross mush if not fried) and then opened two and buttered them with my salted butter, sliced them, and put them on TOP of the burger with the cheese, bacon,. WOW! Better than the fried egg on it. Of course, the biggest hassle, is coordinating the cooking of all of these at once b/c we have extremely limited kitchen space. AND other problem is me! If burger and bacon aren't done at same time, I likely will eat the yummy bacon before it gets on the burger. If egg is done later, I will eat the burger with the bacon first! And so forth...LOL

Thoughts on salami: I feel not so good after eating it. I do want a lot of it, and it SEEMS to almost be sort of binge-ish like when I am eating it. Not a big deal, but I notice I feel "off" in a way I do not when I eat piles of bacon. So salami appears to be out for me after yesterday. It is subtle, but if I eat lots of bacon, it is delish when I am eating it, but then I am done and even though it is super salty, I don't feel bad.

It is soooo GREAT to have you ladies on here to help! I love having "teammates". It makes it much more supportive. Plus, I am always studying really tedious things for the GRE, this standardized test I have to take, but I am slower at these things so I am taking a really long time to do it, before taking classes and then applying to grad school. Point being, it gets depressing and discouraging at times, so it's nice to have this! I used to eat crappy food whenever I got discouraged. The low carb AND the fasting removes food so now it's actually fun to eat WITHOUT feeling like a binger.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Oh, p.s. Farm Girl,

Now that I'm back on coffee, I hauled out my Aeropress. This thing is awesome in place of espresso maker. I made my regular coffee in the french press, but then made some in the Aero. It is super easy to use, and very cheap. REason why I got it was at time Hubby was drinking coffee (he stopped-makes him too jumpy. I am already jumpy so it doesn't matter. LOL) Anyhow...he liked espressos. All the machines I looked at seemed expensive, required lots of maintenance, and we are always changing what we like and don't like, so it's not a good use of money when we "love" something, because it's a matter of time before we don't like it anymore. Anyway, this thing simulates an espresso and is super easy to use. It makes the coffee really yummy. Also, tried something different with my coffee today. I have a foamer that is awesome but it gets "angry" if I put anything solid in it. Again, I am super lazy so I hate having to melt the CO and butter first. Option 1, instead, is to just add a tiny bit of hot water to CO and Butter and then it melts and is fine in the foamer. OR....I put it in my coffee in the french press while it was brewing today. Came out great and then just put hot water in the foamer (a tiny bit) so butter and cream would foam nicely. OK...serious rambling here, but now I'm off. Volunteering this am at hospital. Bye all! Hope you are all having a great and "fasted" day!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Georgie, at what time do you break your fast? I don't until 4 and worry about messing up my fast by having my coffee early, like at 7am. I do put splenda in my coffee too.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi guys, it's the weekend so I'm taking a break from studies to post. Things are still going okay for me. I checked the scales and I'm down another 2.2 lbs I'm now at 169.4. To be honest there are days where I break my fast early and there are days where I actually go 25/26 hours before eating. I'm learning not to stress over when I eat. What I've been doing is keeping it down to 1 main meal and maybe 1 or 2 healthy snacks (maybe not healthy all the time but most of the time ) apparently this along with my walking appears to be working.

I'm now doing callanetics and I understand I might gain weight because of muscle toning on the up side though I should be losing inches so we'll see where that's going to take me. Here's a picture of roughly what happens when you're doing callanetics

callanetics.jpg

I think so long as I remember this pic, I won't be discouraged when I step on the scale, or...I might decide not to weigh myself for a while

Take care guys!

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #297
Junior LCF Member

Melanie,

Today I broke it later. It was funny because I sort of felt like I might not make it, but then thinking about having coffee some more around 3:30ish but not actually doing it, and just eating more fat (butter) and being sort of disgusting and just drinking a bit of straight cream seemed to do it. Do you mean you worry if you have your coffee too early you'll sort of burn out? I kind of feel like I know what you are talking about. My solution, if I am not rushed, is to have my fat immediately, and hold off on the coffee till a bit later in the morning/day. I think I see what you are talking about--it's like coffee too early will "peak" you, unless you allow yourself a second cup later. I am liking doing the shorter window. Otherwise, the food becomes an ongoing sort of disturbance for me.

Wondering what you are studying sideal. Cool pic--the callanetics. I do mostly yoga. Not much else. Lots of body strength type stuff like sun salutations, backbends and handstands against the wall. Great way to build core is to jump up with both feet at once. I could never do this for the 10 plus years I have done yoga till this year. Something about the coordination I needed to envision and understand both legs shooting up at the same time.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Oh, p.s. Melanie, I have no issues with splenda as something to make things yummier, but I get very strange symptoms with anything but stevia. I get nerve pain in my teeth and have a very foul smell on my breath. Otherwise, I would really enjoy it as it tastes less disgusting to me than stevia.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Congrats sldeal!!!!!! Oh to be in the 160's!!!!

Georgie, I mean I don't want having coffee in the morning to break my fast and all it's good benefits.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Calories yesterday were 1459. Those came mostly from high fat coffee, sauteed yellow squash and a lettuce wrapped bacon, cheese, mushroom hamburger! Yum! The scale this morning gave me a small new low of 185.6! Usually my weight is spiking up over the weekend so I am very happy with that! I've been trying very hard to get in the same amount of water as I do when working too.