Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Dinner finished yesterday by 6:30, so a 6.5 hour window. Eating out tonight, so looking forward to something delicious. We will be out shopping today, so I might have my big meal for lunch. We'll see!
LowCarbRachel is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #62
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I started my 5:2 IF experiment today and will do it for two weeks, until February 1st I'm very curious to see how this plan differs from JUDDD!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
I'll be watching with interest! I'm doing JUDDD, but it would be interesting for maintenance one day to experiment with something like the 8 hour or the 5/2. Or maybe sometimes during weight loss mode as a break.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #64

Wasn't hungry for lunch til 1 and finished a delicious dinner of grilled steak tacos by 6. My energy levels are good right now...very happy as I was having horrible fatigue last fall.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Broke fast at 2pm (about 24 hrs). Will only have this one meal today and fast until tomorrow. I had a green salad/ranch with 2 smoked pork chops, green beans, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers all grilled and some new potatoes with butter.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #66

Sounds yummy, Mona!

Opened my window late today with a big lunch. Trying to decide if I want dinner or not...I don't want to get too hungry tomorrow. We'll see....I will decide within the hour.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSugarGrandma
Stats: 224/155/133
WOE: low carb & IF 16/8 window
Start Date: October 2011
Wildflower-Arlene---In answer to your question--you are right. Its a 16 hour fast with a 8 hour eating window. This is working really well for me. I did a lot of research on fasting. There is so much information on the interent. I still stay LCHF FOR for my WOE-but I feel that it helps keep my calories lower which has helped my sluggish older body. I have been doing IF for almost 5 months and I love it. Sure is nice to hear from someone in the same age catagory. I had thought of doing JUDD when I first was researching IF--but I really have never been a fan of counting calories. I close my eating window at 7:00 pm--and that seems to be the best trick for my carb atticted brain. I really stand firm with myself on that and now it is a habit. I know that I am way healthier since adding IF and the science is out there when you study up on IF. I really believe not only the health benefits of IF--but also the discipline it has brought into my life with regards to eating. This past 14 months has been a journey of learning what works to keep my insulin levels good. I was pre-diabatic and at the age where it was going to be for life---and my 91 year old mother has had it for 30 years and that was the motivator for me. I plan on doing this WOE for life. Good luck to you as you research what works best for you. You made me laugh when you said you read on your kindle and need to re-read the info. That is so me!!! God Bless. Linda
NoSugarGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Thanks nosugargrandma. I started researching on-line after reading your thread and thinking that is the way for me. I agree that counting calories is boring and my dh, and I'm not sure why is giving me issues on the DD/UD thing.

So, I'm doing the Fast-5 - started yesterday and planned to open my window at 4, but was headachey so opened at 3. Worked out OK, at least yesterday. I will see how my fast goes today. The plan shoots for 19/5 so I made it to 18 hours. A little stressful, but it is my first day!

Good thing is he isn't even aware that I'm doing it.

I'd like to say I'm down a lb, but I've been playing with the same 2 lbs for about 12 months!!!!

Arlene
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #69
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I started the 8 Hour Diet last Monday, Jan 14th. So far I have lost and gained the same .8 pounds BUT I feel wonderful and it's really helping me get a FIRM handle on my night time binging! Oh, I still want to binge but once the window is closed (9 pm for me) it's closed! I love the fact I don't have to count calories or restrict the foods I love anymore.

I LOVED JUDDD, and wish I could go back to it. I lost wonderfully on JUDDD but it caused a terrible binge monster to awaken in me so I KNOW I can never do that again. The 8 Hour Diet isn't doing that and I think it's because I don't have to count anything or leave anything out of my diet unless I really want to and I have a time to stop eating. I have also found I DO need to watch portions though, it's just the way it is for this older lady.

Time will tell and now that I got the book and am reading I will be able to apply the books principles instead of "winging it" like I was doing before the book.

Again, time will tell! (BUT I sure do miss JUDDD and the magic weight loss I had on it )

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Good morning all !! Really cold here in Minnesota--but not missing my layers of fat that kept me insulated. Would rather put on my cute "thrift store" sweater. One thing for anyone just starting out on IF--it can help to start out slowly. Like pushing breakfast back a few days and letting your body get use to feeling what hungar is. So many people on the internet talk about that. It may help you stay the course. Then slowly widen your fasting window. The first few weeks were hard for me and when my blood sugar seemed to drop--I would let myself have a coffee with HWC in it and that seemed to help.

Wildflower--I understand about husbands!! It took a long time for my husband to understand that I was no longer doing breakfast with him. Hes retired and is stuck in the routine of his life. I still will cook his eggs for him and sit with a cup of coffee and talk. He seems to understand now that IF is something important tonme. I really believe that this is so good for our immune systems. I have to stay strong. I have elderly parents and grandkids that need me. For anyone who is interested in doing IF--do the reading on it. At a senior age it really isn't so much about dropping weight as it is about being physically stronger. The gene-I think its called "human growth factor" gets kicked into gear when you IF--and at my age I will take whatever the "Good Lord" makes available!! God Bless.

LINDA
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #71

Hi all. Well, I pushed my window back too far today and wound up feeling sick from not eating. I need to keep refining my IF...a shorter window is not necessarily better. I am actually thinking of switching from a timed window to just two meals. Lunch pretty close to noon and dinner around 5:30-6, but with the flexibility to go a little later if need be.

IF has done a wonderful job of eliminating my nighttime snacking. Since I have a nice dinner, I am full in the evening and don't have any cravings.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Hi all. Well, I pushed my window back too far today and wound up feeling sick from not eating. I need to keep refining my IF...a shorter window is not necessarily better. I am actually thinking of switching from a timed window to just two meals. Lunch pretty close to noon and dinner around 5:30-6, but with the flexibility to go a little later if need be.

IF has done a wonderful job of eliminating my nighttime snacking. Since I have a nice dinner, I am full in the evening and don't have any cravings.
I would like to join this group..

My window is 12-8 but have the flexibility to stop earlier, as you Rachel..it has curbed nighttime snacking for me also. my problem is eating too much {{{salt}}} I retain water very easily..and that = poundage..

I must say my DH encouraged me to do this 8hr.Diet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarGrandma I started the 8 Hour Diet last Monday, Jan 14th. So far I have lost and gained the same .8 pounds BUT I feel wonderful and it's really helping me get a FIRM handle on my night time binging! Oh, I still want to binge but once the window is closed (9 pm for me) it's closed! I love the fact I don't have to count calories or restrict the foods I love anymore
Linda, I also started the 8Hr. diet on Thurs. Jan. 17th. and struggling with the same 2lbs. in my mind I should be down about 4lbs. but as you do I feel it is also helping me get a grip on what I am eating. I really like this woe. I am also in you and Arlene's age group!

186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 168 166 164 162 160 158 156 154 152 150

Last edited by slimlizzie; 01-22-2013 at 07:27 AM..
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #73

Just a quick hello....weekly weight average is 152.6. High weight this week of 152.8 and a low weight of 152.2. It's that time of the month, so maybe I'll see a new low next week. We'll see--fasting isn't FAST, but I'm just looking for something sustainable over time.

My goal is to keep it simple, follow the plan, not quit, and let the weight take care of itself.

Goal is to eat lunch right around noon today and dinner around 6 or 6:30. My daughter has racquetball practice, so my schedule is a little different than usual.

Welcome to all of our new members...I am glad you are here. Please keep posting!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #74
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Well, week 2 and the weight is starting to come off. I am down 1.6 pounds since I started the 8 Hour Diet and I'm just loving it!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #75

That's awesome, Beeb!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Slimlizzie!! I see you live in Wisconsin. My other favorite state! Iam not too far from Taylors Falls Mn. So nice to have another "Golden Girl" IF really seems too help me stay on track. Like Rachel--I love my evenings of not overeating. It really has brought some discipline and self control into my life. Life is so much easier without carb cravings. For me--that is a wonderful feeling. Been a carb addict for over 50 years!!! IF is truely the answer I needed. Have a great day everyone.

Linda
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #77

Well, I was really hungry at 11, so I went ahead and had a low carb snack. Looks like my window will be a bit longer today because I won't be home to eat until after 6.

For this week, I'm setting a window of 11-7. I'll eat later when I can (when I'm not feeling sick from not eating), and it's never a problem to be done eating before 7. Lower carb foods during most of the window; dinner of whatever I like, including desert.

Since I'm in this for the long term I am going to keep playing with my window until I find the one that feels the best for me. I've got to be careful not to get swept up into any feelings of deprivation or I know I will go crazy and binge and then quit, which I have vowed not to do.

Keep it simple; don't quit!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
According to Beeb you can have some coffee with cream earlier. I've been heating up 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and adding it to coffee with some sweetener (DaVinci) and that keeps the hungries at bay until at least 1PM.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #79

Good morning! Closed my window at 6:30 yesterday, so a 7.5 hour window for me yesterday.

I am having a hungry morning today, but I think I can go for a couple of hours to hit the 11 am goal. Racquetball game tonight, but I should be able to close my window by 6:30.

Although I haven't figured out my perfect window yet, I will say (again and again, lol) that my nighttime snacking is totally under control. I just have no urge to eat again in the evening when I have a nice dinner.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
I would like to join this group..

I am also in you and Arlene's age group!
Welcome slimlizzie -- isn't it nice to be of a 'certain' age. We've made it this far!!!

Quote:
Just a quick hello....weekly weight average is 152.6. High weight this week of 152.8 and a low weight of 152.2. It's that time of the month, so maybe I'll see a new low next week. We'll see--fasting isn't FAST, but I'm just looking for something sustainable over time.
I should do a weekly average - probably give me a better look on it. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Well, week 2 and the weight is starting to come off. I am down 1.6 pounds since I started the 8 Hour Diet and I'm just loving it!!
Awesome Beeb!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
According to Beeb you can have some coffee with cream earlier. I've been heating up 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and adding it to coffee with some sweetener (DaVinci) and that keeps the hungries at bay until at least 1PM.
Wonder if coconut oil would work as well, as I love it in my coffee.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
So far so good with my experimentation with IF! Yesterday was insanely busy so my food window was only from 3:00-5:30. Today, ALSO really busy at work so my lunch was pushed back until 2:00, then I'll probably have dinner around 7:00 or 8:00.

I'm still astounded at how easy the fasting part comes to me. I don't spend my mornings longing for food, as I thought I might. I feel ok being a little hungry, in fact it's usually just a passing thought and then it's dismissed. I've learned the difference between "I have the munchies so I'd like some food please" and "I am legitimately HUNGRY, feed me now!" lol

An odd little thing I noticed is that I have no urge to snack. When I started researching IF and decided to go for it I figured I could be allowed to snack during my window but the truth is I just haven't felt the need to. Bonus!
evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #82

8 hour window today...was really hungry much of the day. Had a big dinner tonight, so hopefully I'll get the hunger back under control tomorrow! I think I need more protein at lunch.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Hi everybody. Opened my eating window at noon. Really fought the "hunger monster" all day and was craving high fat. I havent felt this way in months. Inthink I need to.pay attention to my water intake. Had my lovely grandkids over all day and thats 4 little ones under the age of 6. Gets quite busy and I forget to drink my water. I wanted to eat eat eat this evening. I am so glad I try so hard to stick to my shut window of eating-or otherwise I would low carb binge. Even after 14 months of this WOE-- a person can get emotionally slammed and want to fix it in the old way of eating. This is the reason I
See myself staying with this. My habit of IF kicked in and stopped my need to emotionally eat. Just when I think I have it finally figured out and feel strong--I have a struggle day. I Do have coconut oil and HWC in two coffees every morning--and today with kids here--I didnt take the time. Maybe that is where I went wrong. Thinking of everyone as we continue to figure out what works. Hang in there!!

Linda
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Everyone: Have a great Fast5 day today! We can do it.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
I am so hungry today...

Goodmorning all..

I ate past my time last night..woke up hungry!!
So I think I will try to close my window by 6pm...and open as late as I canI have not gained but no loss it is frustrating. Eat VLC today also..
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #86

Good morning!

I had a hungry day yesterday. I think my body was responding to pushing my window back too far on the weekends. I need to make sure that I stay nourished and eat enough protein in my window.

I'm going with a 10:30-6:30 window today.

I've noticed that coconut oil, unfortunately, does not help regulate my appetite. I really wanted to be able to enjoy a big cup of coffee with coconut oil in the mornings and then not have to eat until later. However, it seems like it stimulates my appetite more than calms it.

I've been following CAD guidelines with my window...low carb breakfast, low carb lunch, and whatever I like for dinner. I may change this up a bit and add fruit, yogurt, and nuts to my list of what's acceptable to eat outside of dinner. Of course, at that time, I would no longer being doing CAD.

Hope you all have a great IF day!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarGrandma View Post
Had my lovely grandkids over all day and thats 4 little ones under the age of 6. Gets quite busy and I forget to drink my water.
I Do have coconut oil and HWC in two coffees every morning--and today with kids here--I didnt take the time. Maybe that is where I went wrong. Thinking of everyone as we continue to figure out what works. Hang in there!!

Linda
Ha ha-- I had my grandkids too. One 7 and twin boys, 5. Quite a handful! I was actually glad I was fasting as it helped my head handle it all. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
Everyone: Have a great Fast5 day today! We can do it.
Thanks for the inspiration!!
Quote:
Good morning!
I've noticed that coconut oil, unfortunately, does not help regulate my appetite. I really wanted to be able to enjoy a big cup of coffee with coconut oil in the mornings and then not have to eat until later. However, it seems like it stimulates my appetite more than calms it.
I would like to try the CO, but think I'll wait till I lose my fat and then add it back it. I do have some in my window - straight from the jar.

This morning, I did rub CO all over me after my shower. But it feels so good!!
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: This week: NK/Keto
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Okay. So I've done JUDDD several times. First time a few years ago it was working great. Went on vacation. A few years later (last summer, after a few failed go rounds with it previously), I was beginning to lose, then had to have surgery. Got on board again 3 weeks ago and I keep bouncing around with the same 3 lbs. (I need to lose 60-80 lbs.).

I've also tried Fast 5 a couple of times. This seems to fit my natural eating pattern (late afternoon, early evening). But - I never lost a thing on it.

I was so determined this time with JUDDD and nothing is happening. I'm fighting the urge to switch to something else yet again, but at the same time, I'm becoming discouraged. Since I've done Fast 5 before, I'm thinking maybe I wasn't doing it right. So - I have questions!!

I would still like to have coffee and tea at least a couple of times before my window would open (probably around 3) with cream. I've read before about the fasting/cream (or fat) thing. It appears most of you continue to enjoy your coffee before you window opens?

I can stick to the schedule during the week like nobody's business. It's the weekends, especially Saturday, that would be hard to stick to a 5-hour window. I've always made this a definite Up Day on JUDDD because it fits my life. Do you extend your window or just not have one sometimes?

NoSugarGrandma - did you lose all your weight on Fast 5?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Howdy from a very cold Minnesota!! Looks like some of us are dealing with hungar. I wonder if the cold outside makes us want to eat? I havent had a "wanting -to-eat day like yesterday for a long time.
I am so happy with myself that I closed my window at the usual time. I would have been in dieters remourse today. Sometimes that can signal that we will have a loss. Don't know--I had my husband hide the scale because I was having issues with it. I wont let a hard piece of metal decide how my day was going to be.

Vanilla--thanks for your question. I started doing 16/8 IF after about 9 months on Atkins. I felt I needed to shake things up. I have been doing low carb for 14 months. I just happened to come across IF on the internet and started to read up on it. One thing I had read was that it can take your body up to 3 months to adapt to losing weight with IF. And I actually did see a 5# drop in weight when I hit 3 months.

Welcome to anyone new and to all of you who just read the posts-we are all in this struggle together. We so can understand each others burdens. God Bless

Linda
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #90

Vanilla, I think we sometimes need to just experiment and figure out what works for us. What if you did an 8 or even 10 hour window on Saturdays?

The author of the 8 Hour Diet claims that doing IF for just three days a week is beneficial. I don't believe that to be true myself, however, I think one day a week with a longer window could work. I've never done it, so I don't know....but, if it made it easy for you to stay in a shorter window every day besides Saturday...and kept you on plan...then it might be worth a try!

I'm not doing cream or coconut oil in my morning coffee because it just seems to make me hungrier, doesn't help me fast.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 01-24-2013 at 11:58 AM..