Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Well, I don't lose but gain on one meal a day EATEN IN THE EVENING. If I eat that same meal for breakfast I lose weight. I have been experimenting lately with it but am going to stick to my one meal a day being between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. I don't even eat it in an hour. I have a free day on Saturday and on Sunday a later big breakfast brunch. I could never lose eating dinner only. I sometime lost on lunch only but ALWAYS lose on a big breakfast only diet. I am only stating the facts. On August 28 I was 113. After 3 weeks on the Big Breakfast Diet I was down to 107.5 and yesterday I was 106.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #512
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mike175
Stats: 236/220/175
WOE: IF/Atkins
Start Date: August 2013
So I've been trying IF for the last couple of weeks and have been pleased with how well it's been going. I have been having some bulletproof coffee first thing in the morning, then sipping on green tea throughout the day. The starting some food at noon with a nice salad and dinner with the family done by 8. I've not been hungry and the weight has been dropping a bit. I also tried a 24 hour fast this past Friday (to see if I could do it) and it went well. Interestingly my appetite has been much less since the 24 hour fast. So I may add one of those per week. FWIW I've been sticking to pretty low carb for my meals. I'll keep posting the updates as time goes along!
Mike175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Yes Mike let us know. I am trying Oriana's early BB/SEC way of eating although for now I am sticking to eating carbs in a one hour time frame and most days I too do one meal ONLY. I follow the rules from the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet by the Hellers and do that with a combo of IF or extreme IF of one meal in one hour. If I need to eat other meals they are extreme low carb and I try to be sure there is fat in there.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
I am planning a 24 hour Fast this upcoming Friday. Mike, did you drink the BPC and green tea the entire day during your 24hr fast?

Psychologically, I am prepping myself for not eating that long. Right now, I am feeling a bit nervous about it.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #515
Junior LCF Member

Hi Karai,

So I had a cup of BPC first thing in the morning, then I probably had a cup of green tea every few hours and drank lots of water. I did have a Coke Zero late afternoon. It helped that I was on my feet and busy most of the day. Never really felt that hungry and energy levels were good all day. Thinking about trying it again next week. Think it helped that the day before I only had one evening meal.

Good luck!
Mike
Old 09-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Whew, just finished reading this thread from the beginning. Wonder what happened to Rachel?

Anyway, my mom mentioned IF and it got me to try it again. When I did it before, I skipped breakfast and ate later. But I'm more of an early eater, so I'm doing it differently this time. I eat breakfast at 7, about 400 calories. Then "large lunch" after work. Could be anywhere from 1-3 pm. I prefer the earlier, but do what I can. Then I just have a cup of broth before bed. I'm staying low-carb, but I do allow a little fruit and an ounce of nuts and I've even had some yogurt. So it feels like this allows a little more flexibility.

Before, I'd find that every few days I'd eat big and feel guilty. Now I get to eat big every day, then it just flips a switch and I'm full and I don't need to eat. Of course it's only been a few days. Don't know if I'm losing because TOM came today.

I appreciate all the info and support here! I've learned a ton!
Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
Hi Yvonne--Sounds like you've got a good plan there. I used to do a small breakfast, then a large dinner. Now I'm just doing a large dinner. I do drink coffee with half n half and SF syrup during the day, and I think it's slowing me down but not sure how to wean myself off it yet.

Mike, I know what you mean about keeping busy--I love the days when I get ready for bed and think "Wow, I think I forgot to eat today!". I've had a couple of those in the past few weeks and I wish I had more of them!

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

I did some research on green smoothies. I think that for my first 24 hour 'fast', that I will drink herbal tea until noon and substitute my lunch and dinner meals with green smoothies made with my nutribullet.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #519
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I am trying a 24 hr. fast today allowing coffee w/ light cream and hot lemon water.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #520
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Hi Yvonne--Sounds like you've got a good plan there. I used to do a small breakfast, then a large dinner. Now I'm just doing a large dinner. I do drink coffee with half n half and SF syrup during the day, and I think it's slowing me down but not sure how to wean myself off it yet.

Mike, I know what you mean about keeping busy--I love the days when I get ready for bed and think "Wow, I think I forgot to eat today!". I've had a couple of those in the past few weeks and I wish I had more of them!
Lisa
Don't know if you saw it or not but in post #22 of this thread there is info regarding including coffee w/ coconut/mct oil while fasting. I used light cream today but plan on trying this suggestion next time.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Lisa
Don't know if you saw it or not but in post #22 of this thread there is info regarding including coffee w/ coconut/mct oil while fasting. I used light cream today but plan on trying this suggestion next time.
Thanks Jeaniem! I went back and read that blog--I've never used CO, but it sounds interesting. He mentioned heavy whipping cream...which was one of my favorites on Atkins, so I suppose if anything, my arm could be twisted into going back to HWC in my coffee.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #522
Big Yapper!!!!

One more hour til the 24 hour mark
Old 09-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Anyone have trouble sleeping when IF? I woke up at 4 am and didn't sleep well after that. I wouldn't have consciously said I was hungry, but I had this pattern before with JUDDD. I did have a bite of coconut manna before bed. Maybe tonight I'll take two bites!

Is it just me?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Anyone have trouble sleeping when IF? I woke up at 4 am and didn't sleep well after that. I wouldn't have consciously said I was hungry, but I had this pattern before with JUDDD. I did have a bite of coconut manna before bed. Maybe tonight I'll take two bites!

Is it just me?
Not me. I sleep the same or slightly better. Could be just excitement or maybe caffiene? I don't drink caffeine and when I do it is very EARLY because I am easily insomniated! Even a chocolate chip cookie at dinner will keep me up from the caffeine in chocolate! LOL

MIW
Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for response, MIW. No caffeine for me. I did sleep better last night so hopefully that's a good sign.

I'm down 1 lb since Monday. I love how this just kills my interest in food. Once my big meal is done, I'm done and I just don't have any desire to eat. I can't say that's ever happened for me before! It's funny, every plan I've done for the last two years, I seem to get derailed because every few days I want to "eat big." Now I feel like I eat big every day.

I'm curious to see how this goes long-term. It seems like everything works for two weeks, then stops working. I'm hoping this works longer because so far I like it. It's so darn easy.

JeanieM, how did your 24 hours go? Congrats! That's an accomplishment.

Yvonne
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for response, MIW. No caffeine for me. I did sleep better last night so hopefully that's a good sign.

I'm down 1 lb since Monday. I love how this just kills my interest in food. Once my big meal is done, I'm done and I just don't have any desire to eat. I can't say that's ever happened for me before! It's funny, every plan I've done for the last two years, I seem to get derailed because every few days I want to "eat big." Now I feel like I eat big every day.

I'm curious to see how this goes long-term. It seems like everything works for two weeks, then stops working. I'm hoping this works longer because so far I like it. It's so darn easy.

JeanieM, how did your 24 hours go? Congrats! That's an accomplishment.

Yvonne
I know isn't it amazing? Eating more frequently causes more insulin release and the hunger cycle in those of us who are insulin resistant or have hyperinsulinemia. As long as you stay low carb, or eat your carbs in an hour you can even go 23 hours with almost ZERO hunger because your body starts to release less and less insulin. It takes most people up to 3 days but once you get there it is like a life changer! Keep it up!

MIW
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Scale went down a little more. Now I'm at the bottom of my range, so if I go down from here I'm getting into miracle land.

Since I'm LC, I drink two cups broth a day. I'm in the habit of drinking one about 7 pm. But I finish my meal by 2 pm. Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all until I had my broth. THen I was instantly hungry, big time. So today I'll have both cups with my meals, and just drink water the rest of the time. What's so interesting, I have no desire to even chew gum during my fast. I used to chew gum every day. It's like I don't want anything but water.

I'm travelling soon. Staying with in-laws. They are very sweet but I don't feel like eating weird while I'm there and being self-conscious, so I'm trying to decide what to do. I may just stay low-carb and get back into this when we get home, though I hate to do that. After that I'll have almost two months to focus before Thanksgiving. Any travel advice?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Scale went down a little more. Now I'm at the bottom of my range, so if I go down from here I'm getting into miracle land.

Since I'm LC, I drink two cups broth a day. I'm in the habit of drinking one about 7 pm. But I finish my meal by 2 pm. Yesterday I wasn't hungry at all until I had my broth. THen I was instantly hungry, big time. So today I'll have both cups with my meals, and just drink water the rest of the time. What's so interesting, I have no desire to even chew gum during my fast. I used to chew gum every day. It's like I don't want anything but water.

I'm travelling soon. Staying with in-laws. They are very sweet but I don't feel like eating weird while I'm there and being self-conscious, so I'm trying to decide what to do. I may just stay low-carb and get back into this when we get home, though I hate to do that. After that I'll have almost two months to focus before Thanksgiving. Any travel advice?
Just plan plan plan. Next time if I ever do another road trip or long trip away from home I am going to PLAN each and every day of what to eat. I plan to take waaaaay more low carb snacks and veggies than just pepperoin stick and cheese sticks. I am thinking boiled eggs, more cuts/sliced meats that are now carb/no msg, more types of cheese, more veggies like broc, celery sticks, radishes, 1/4 head of cabbage, etc. Even though I do not usually eat other meals most days, for vacation or trips I do but I will be better about them being low carb and according to CAD diet tips. And I will find out if we will be eating out or joining others and approx. time frame to plan my RM then. Most people if meeting for breakfast would not think it weird to just have eggs/omlette bacon, meat, etc and nothing else. For lunch I am thinking cobb salads, steak, etc again with no carbs. Dinner for me is WHATEVER!!!

MIW
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, MIW. That all makes sense and sounds do-able.

Yesterday I put this WOE to the test. I was hungry in the morning, my breakfast felt like nothing, hungry through my AM meeting. Got home around 10:45, told myself, "Just hang in there, eat later." Then I realized, I don't have to wait! I can eat bigger and eat earlier, and it's ok!

I really ate. Included some things that I usually only eat when I binge. But there was no sense of shame or urgency. "I'm just eating a bigger meal." Finally got full and stopped. Did not eat anything past noon. In the past I would eat like that in the evening and gain. Today my weight stayed the same, and I feel lighter. And my hunger level is normal. Kind of wish I weren't travelling and I could keep doing this. But it'll be here when I get back in a week!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Yvonne, what is a typical meal that you eat when your feeding window opens? I ask because I am curious what others eat to break their fast.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #531
Junior LCF Member

So the one big meal a day has gone OK - but have been essentially stable in weight this week. Now I am contemplating an alternative in doing an alternate day fast. Anyone done that? Have to admit that I have let more carbs sneak in the last couple of days, so that could be part of my issue. That's partly a lack of meal planning this week. Have to say I have felt quite well overall, so think I am on to something with the IF - just need to get it tweaked for optimum effect!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

I try to aim for "balance" the way the Heller's discussed in their Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program where you have 1/3 protein/fat, 1/3 low carb veggies, and a 1/3 carbs of your choice. I have actually found I naturally tend to eat 1 part protein/fats, 2 parts veggies, and 2 parts carbs and can still lose and not trigger cravings. Lucky me I suppose. Also, I do not limit portions or count calories. The days I do random audits of calories if just for fun and to be sure I am eating ENOUGH calories. I aim for high-cal weight loss and believe in the "eat more" not "eat less" approach to weight loss for long term success and not feeling like being on a diet.

I am now almost in this WOE with a few tweaks along the way for 11 solid months. I am down 20 pounds. I still would like to lose another 70-90 depending. So nothing extraordinary in that amount except if you see the amount of calories I am eating, I have virtually changed nothing (except maybe actually eating MORE fruits, veggies, and protein) and kept my carbs the same and have shed that weight enjoying every bite and never really feeling hungry.

I love this WOE and if it takes me 10 years (hoping for many many many less than that however) I will be happy because instead of eating and gaining, I will be eating and losing and ONLY by just rearranging how I eat my carbs and confining them to a one hour period and no longer grazing. That's it. Plus it takes care of hunger and cravings the other 23 hours because my insulin, leptin, cortisol, adrenaline, etc etc are all back in better working order than had been the earlier years of my life

MIW
Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

MIW
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: j4Christ
Stats: 166/155/110 5'2" w/ shoes
MIW-20 lbs. in 11 months in super! Congrats

That's how I feel...if it takes me years to finally get this weight off then so be it. I have gained more than 20 lbs. in the past 11 months!! I would love to be 20 lbs. lighter this time next year!

I'm 52 and I have yo-yo'd for the past 30 yrs. I think I know by now the foods/wine I don't want to give up even for weight loss. By eating these foods/wine in my 5 hour window I hope to lose even if it is slowly. I know I won't gain any more so even that is a plus

So far I am only Fast 5 ing during the weekdays. I also know I won't stick to a 5 hr. window on the weekends so I'm making it part of my plan not to so I won't feel like I'm failing the plan (which usually makes me go off the deep end).
Luke 1:37-For nothing is impossible with God.
j4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
MIW-20 lbs. in 11 months in super! Congrats

That's how I feel...if it takes me years to finally get this weight off then so be it. I have gained more than 20 lbs. in the past 11 months!! I would love to be 20 lbs. lighter this time next year!

I'm 52 and I have yo-yo'd for the past 30 yrs. I think I know by now the foods/wine I don't want to give up even for weight loss. By eating these foods/wine in my 5 hour window I hope to lose even if it is slowly. I know I won't gain any more so even that is a plus

So far I am only Fast 5 ing during the weekdays. I also know I won't stick to a 5 hr. window on the weekends so I'm making it part of my plan not to so I won't feel like I'm failing the plan (which usually makes me go off the deep end).
I tell you what THIS IS FOR LIFE. I just have to accept that I am insulin resistant and have hyperinsulinemia and am well on my way to becoming type II diabetic if I keep grazing or eating carbs all day long. I can still eat all the carbs for my daily allotment just eat then in under an hour and it causes the body to release less insulin. Less insulin = less hunger, less fat storage!

MIW
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Today's BB RM for me was 9:30-10:30am:

Large cheese quesidilla with sour cream, salasa, and lettuce rolled up
1 large ribeye steak
large fruit smoothie with banana, grapes, apple, pear
1 large Iced caramel mocha with half & half
fun size twix, snickers, kit-kats

MIW
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Ok everyone, today is MAJOR bragging rights day for me.

Today I am 211.8 lbs. That is my lowest weight in over 7 years. I also rechecked my measurements and lost another 1/2 inch off my waist and hips and 1/4 inch off my thighs.

The last time I weighed this much was my first year on the dog sledding trails in Canada. I have done WW, Zone, JC, juicing, whole foods, the pH diet (eating more alkaline foods) all in that time frame and the lowest I got with that was 213-217. I can say I finally busted through that several month long plateau. I kind of figured my body had that weight range as a "set point" because that had been my lowest weight in the last few years. I expect to see "set points" at 200, 195, and 180 because those are other milestone weights I had got to in the last 15 years and was able to stay at for over a year or more and I do think the body has a memory on those things.

I have recently switched my RM early morning. I still do one meal only most days, and try to have a CM snack (if I need it) before 3pm. This is based off of The Big Breakfast Diet that the Heller's recommended in their The Stress Eating Cure book. However, I still follow CAD/CALP rules and stick to one hour, "aim" for balance. I do eat my entire day's calories (usually) in my one RM, so we are talking 1800-2600 calories most days with 100-300gms carbs. I do not think of myself as a binge eater but I do know this is MUCH different than how I ate for my entire life leading up to this point and probably way more food in one sitting than a lot of other folks. But, I want to share my success at doing HIGH CALORIE eating because that is what I set out to prove if it could be done or not and I can see that it CAN be done!

MIW
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIG BREAKFAST DIET WORKS!!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!! THE BIG BREAKFAST DIET WORKS!!!!!
Yes it does work! The trick is sticking to it and letting the body adapt to eating so early which is something I just plain old WAS NOT used too! LOL

MIW
Old 10-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Seriously! I too had to get used to waking up and eating a steak, salad and ice cream ! LOL! Or lasagne. I mean, I could see eating bacon and eggs but a dinner????? I sure love it now. In fact, I am cooking breakfast now at 7 p.m.! I am having another fatty ribeye with salad and ice cream. I also seem to lose faster on fatty food and not low fat.