Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Today's RM between 3pm-4pm:

4 cup salad of red sails luttuce, half a shredded carrot, 3 TBSP ranch a few crutons

1 large steak

1 hot dog (no bun)

1 can Pepsi

1 egg salad sandwhich

1 pc of flourless chocolate cake

1 C vanilla ice cream

5 pc of See's candy chocolates

Yes, I eat like this almost every day and still lose! The exceptions would be the soda and bread on the sandwhich which were "extras" today as I don't usually encorporate those types of foods in my diet.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Too hot today! Up to 90 degrees and fairly humid to boot.

Went to a potluck BBQ with some people I grew up with. Was nice to see us all grown and our own kids running around.

RM only day from 3-4pm:

1 hotdog with bun, ketchup
1/2 can strawberry soda
2 small choc chip cookies
1 C mixed raw vegies
1 C canned beans, green beans (vinagery type- not sure what it is called)
1 C "ambrosia" (cool whip, cottage cheese, strawberry jello powder packet, frozen triple berry mix)
1 C pasta salad
2 pc of Chicken spinach bake

MIW
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Well, only up a tenth of a pound for my weekly avg and being on TOM not too shabby. Blech however to being 5 weeks ago I saw 213 and still not back near it. I looked back through all my daily wts and see that it is just how it goes. You will see a "new low" and then have to wait a month or more before that weight becomes your weekly avg and so the trend goes. I am hoping maybe sometime next week to see 213-215 DAILY and NO MORE 216-217!!!!

Week 30- 215.4 214.8 213 213.6 215 218.5 215.1 (215.1) -0.8

Week 31- 214 216.2 215.4 214.8 214.4 214.8 215.8 (215.06) -0.04

Week 32- 217 216.6 216.2 216.6 216.6 216.2 217.4 (216.7) +1.6

Week 33- 216 214.4 215.6 216.2 216.2 X 215.4 (215.6) -1.1

Week 34- 215.6 216.2 214.8 216.2 215.2 214.8 216.4 (215.6) -0

Week 35- 217 X 215.8 215.8 216 215 214.6 (215.7) +0.1

MIW
Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all. Still here. Doing one hour meal (RM) still. Took a 4 day eating whatever whenever I wanted vacation and gained 6 pounds! Yikes. Also made me feel like crud so more than happy to be back on plan!

MIW
Old 07-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Hey all. Still here. Doing one hour meal (RM) still. Took a 4 day eating whatever whenever I wanted vacation and gained 6 pounds! Yikes. Also made me feel like crud so more than happy to be back on plan!

MIW

Hey MIW! Was wondering if this thread was going to slip away--glad to see you're around! I've been doing one meal a day, between 4-6pm, and I'm loving it! Actually feel like I'm making progress, even though it's only been a little over a week. I have plain tea or coffee for breakfast, water and WATER for lunch, and have been enjoying stuff like cheeseburgers, pasta, and DESSERT with my meal! Filling up on some garden veggies too, so hopefully I'm balancing it all out correctly. Will be weighing in on the 1st, so I hope the scale moves a little by then!

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Hey MIW! Was wondering if this thread was going to slip away--glad to see you're around! I've been doing one meal a day, between 4-6pm, and I'm loving it! Actually feel like I'm making progress, even though it's only been a little over a week. I have plain tea or coffee for breakfast, water and WATER for lunch, and have been enjoying stuff like cheeseburgers, pasta, and DESSERT with my meal! Filling up on some garden veggies too, so hopefully I'm balancing it all out correctly. Will be weighing in on the 1st, so I hope the scale moves a little by then!
Awesome! Sounds like you are doing great. I try to have a BIG salad or amount of veggies, a good 7 ounce or more portion of protein, then whatever carbs I want. Some days it is a lot and some days less. I will be happy for you when you see you are losing!

MIW
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

I started a One Meal a Day Thread if you are interested. For anyone doing IF (although we are the extreme IFers! LOL), CAD/CALP or just curious!

MIW
Old 08-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:

Hope your weekly weigh in has given you a happy day!!!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/207/180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galveston Gal View Post
Hope your weekly weigh in has given you a happy day!!!
Hi! It did, it did! Onederland today!! I'm excited to see what a full month of doing this will do for me--I'm sticking to it!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi! It did, it did! Onederland today!! I'm excited to see what a full month of doing this will do for me--I'm sticking to it!
That is so awesome! Congrats!

MIW
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
I started my own version of IF a couple of days ago and have dropped 3 pounds! Basically, I eat breakfast and lunch and then I skip dinner. I make sure I don't eat anything after 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. until about 8:00 a.m. the next day. I'm eating primarily low carb but hope this will work even if I have some carbs.

I lost a ton of weight in high school by skipping dinner (since I worked part time from late afternoon until 9:00 p.m.). I always had a BIG lunch since I knew I wouldn't have dinner so it would sustain me. Fifty pounds fell off over 6 months and didn't start to come back until I was in college and eating again at night.

So far, I've noticed that I'm sleeping better. I go to bed hungry but I don't find that I'm ravenous. It's nice to go to bed without that full feeling or any indigestion.
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Woohoo WTG! Congrats!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
I started my own version of IF a couple of days ago and have dropped 3 pounds! Basically, I eat breakfast and lunch and then I skip dinner. I make sure I don't eat anything after 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. until about 8:00 a.m. the next day. I'm eating primarily low carb but hope this will work even if I have some carbs.

I lost a ton of weight in high school by skipping dinner (since I worked part time from late afternoon until 9:00 p.m.). I always had a BIG lunch since I knew I wouldn't have dinner so it would sustain me. Fifty pounds fell off over 6 months and didn't start to come back until I was in college and eating again at night.

So far, I've noticed that I'm sleeping better. I go to bed hungry but I don't find that I'm ravenous. It's nice to go to bed without that full feeling or any indigestion.
I'm reading about IF to see how I can incorporate it into my WOE. I find that the less I eat, I feel and sleep better too. I have been tossing the idea around in my mind to do IF on the weekends... if not for just weight loss, but to stay-on-the-wagon.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
I'm reading about IF to see how I can incorporate it into my WOE. I find that the less I eat, I feel and sleep better too. I have been tossing the idea around in my mind to do IF on the weekends... if not for just weight loss, but to stay-on-the-wagon.
So far, I find that I'm actually more alert in the evenings without food in my stomach and stay awake a little later. Hunger bothers me right around when I would normally eat dinner but it goes away in about an hour. I just keep myself busy doing stuff for the kid's dinner, cleaning up, etc. and then sit down with some water or tea. Before I know it, I feel fine.

I normally go a bit longer than 16 hours, more an 18 hour fast and then I have two meals before fasting again.

Yesterday I had 4-5 eggs for breakfast and some raspberries.

Lunch was salad bar (one trip only) with some steak.

I put it in a tracking app and I was right about 1800 calories which is what I'm aiming for currently.
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Well I ended up with 2 and possibly again today will be RM only days due to either work schedule, stress, and just being NOT hungry.

I have worked out the last 2 days as well and it is paying off on the scale. Yesterday I was 213.6 lbs but I attribute that to the stress and fully expected today to be back up but I was only 214.2 lbs! Not sure if a combo of end of TOM and being dry, the stress, and/or the exercise but I will take it!

My workouts are a one mile walk, then a combo of calisthenics like marching leg lifts, variations of sqats, leg curls, modified pull ups and push ups. Today I hit it hard with 2 circuits of all my leg and arm stuff and I can already seed the improved strength and endurace after only 5 workouts!

I highly recommend the book Convict Conditioning. It has a funny premis of being old-school calisthenics that are mainly only used today in prisions and the knowledge about them kept alive there but the author really knows his stuff and it has lots of interesting history on the stong-men of the early 1900's complete with pictures. It is ONLY you using your own body and there are 10 variations of each exercise that start you out from the easiest and most dibiliatated person should be able to do up to the full exercise and you go at your own pace.

The next would be just watch a few youtube clips of Sit and Be Fit or watch it on TV. That is something I recommend to patients and also just keep in mind whenever I start up training and get discouraged because I am so overweight that really I can do ANY exercise at my level of fitness and just have to modify it.

MIW
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Anyone home??

Today, I started a modified version of the 18/6 IF. My fasting window is 6:00 pm (yesterday) - 10:00 a.m. (today). I am working my way to the 18 hours. My feeding window is from 10 a.m to 6:00 p.m. which will eventually contract over time.

I've modified the plan to include coffee or herbal tea inside of the IF window. I ready briefly that others have done this in the past. Anyone else drinking a beverage(s) inside of the IF window...has this interfered with your results?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

I do think a lot of people drink coffee/tea/water etc and do not count that against their fast. Some even do coconut oil and do not count it. I only drink water, usually even during my carb meal. I think as long as you are not hungry and are losing weight you are ok. If you feel hungry a lot I'd cut out anything with caffeine and see if that helps. Coffee even black actully makes me gain!

MIW
Old 09-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

I drank 2.5 cups of decaf coffee with MCT oil and UNSW almond milk. I was not hungry until noon. I typically drink about 128 oz of water and tea also. So, this really helps. I'll keep watch for stalls from the coffee. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Today I didn't exercise since I spent 1 1/2 hours weeding and hauled 3 loads of
weeds to the other side of my land which is 1/4 mile round trip so I got a 3/4
mile walk in plus all the upper body weed pulling. We grow monster weeds out in
the country! LOL We also planted 24 mums in my flower beds as well. Then I came
right in and started cleaning. This evening will be round 2 getting the other
half of the house, the kid's play room and laundry done. Ugh... the joys of
running a big house. We don't do near the amount of yard work we need to,
especially since Hubby started building his shop. I am hoping once that is done
we can do more out in the yard because it needs it!

Tomorrow I've got some rabbit to deliver then will take it easy but plan on
doing my "usual" exercise routine.

Today's RM from 12:30-1:30:

1 very large ribeye
6 C salad with 3 stalks celery, 3 diced mushrooms, 3 diced green onions
4 TBSP blue cheese salad dressing
3 stuffed minibellpeppers (cream cheese, diced turkey breast, diced green
onions)
1 large iced mocha with 3 oz syrups, 5 shots decaf esspresso, 1 C whole milk
1 regular sized almond joy
1 regular sized snickers
1 regular sized kit kat
1 regular sized twix

Don't know why but I wanted chocolate today! Must be getting close to TOM or
something. Today my weight was up from 213.2 lbs to 214. Not sure how tomorrow
will be after such a large RM with all the junk carbs but I was sweating buckets
and buckets during all that weed pulling and I could feel my muscles shivering
after that and I was HUNGRY!!

MIW
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Hi MakeItWork, yeah it looks like you have a lot to keep up with. I pulled up my begonias that I planted in the Spring. They weren't looking too good. So, I am prepping for my Autumn plantings. I love the Fall!

Today makes 5 days doing IF-18/6. Things are going well. I skipped the coffee this morning...wasn't in the mood for it. Just drank a lot of water. Still chugging.

Meals:
L: Beef Roast, turnip greens
D: BBQ Ribs (LS sauce) and coleslaw
Water: 128 oz
Exercise: none

DH brought home to me a metal water bottle. It's ergonomically designed to fit nicely in my hand, and keeps the water nice and cool. It's BPA-free of course, which I like. Plus, I really look like I am some kind of dedicated health expert with my new fangle bottle. and
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
DH brought home to me a metal water bottle. It's ergonomically designed to fit nicely in my hand, and keeps the water nice and cool. It's BPA-free of course, which I like. Plus, I really look like I am some kind of dedicated health expert with my new fangle bottle. and
Hey good for you and whatever floats your boat to keep you motivated! LOL

My fave bottle for years was my orange Nalgene bottle, and now I have variable colors of the Blender Bottles. I don't use the little metal blender ball but I love the "click" noise the lid makes. I have to have a covered bottle as a requirement to have a beverage at work so I like those. I do have a couple of the metal bottles in my emergency kit in case (God forbid) I ever need to cook out of one or boil the water. Otherwise for some reason I prefer plastic. My Dad swears by his metal bottles and has several.

MIW
Old 09-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey good for you and whatever floats your boat to keep you motivated! LOL
MIW
Yeah, ya gotta do what ya gotta to keep the motivation going. I need to keep things fresh to stay on-the-wagon. I know folks say that it takes about 3 weeks to form a habit. For me, it takes several months to make a lifestyle change. I'm not quite there yet. Those psychological cravings still crop up with auto-pilot hands that want to grab my kids' snacks.

Last night, I had a weird IF thing to happen. I was awakened by what felt like my stomach healing itself. I know it sounds weird. But, the episode lasted about 10 minutes. It was uncomfortable, but after it was over, my stomach felt emptied. Interesting...have you experienced anything similar to this?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Last night, I had a weird IF thing to happen. I was awakened by what felt like my stomach healing itself. I know it sounds weird. But, the episode lasted about 10 minutes. It was uncomfortable, but after it was over, my stomach felt emptied. Interesting...have you experienced anything similar to this?
No I haven't but that is good that you are associating what you are feeling with "healing." I have felt full for HOURS since I started following CAD and even on days where I do one meal only which I eat in one hour and fast the other 23 hours I feel full for like 10 hours! I love it that my hormones have changed and my body does not always feel hungry

MIW
Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No I haven't but that is good that you are associating what you are feeling with "healing." I have felt full for HOURS since I started following CAD and even on days where I do one meal only which I eat in one hour and fast the other 23 hours I feel full for like 10 hours! I love it that my hormones have changed and my body does not always feel hungry

MIW
Now, I can relate to the full feeling before IF. Even tho' I would substitute protein shakes for breakfast and lunch,even just eating one moderate meal, I still felt full for hours. It took several weeks to feel less full as my colon began to clean itself of old toxins. Which btw, was false belly fat. I suppose that my body was detoxifying itself. The fasting is just another rung in the ladder to healing.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone doing alright? Last few days one meal only since I've been at work. TOM bit me by the chocolate monster. My weekly avg will be close to 2 lbs gain but oh well. Been there done that before! LOL

MIW
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW I am starting to think that fasting slows the metabolism down. I have learned that I lose the most eating breakfast, high fat, and 3 meals a day. I gained when I ate one meal a day. I have lost 7 pounds in a month eating at least 2500 calories a day or more.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW I am starting to think that fasting slows the metabolism down. I have learned that I lose the most eating breakfast, high fat, and 3 meals a day. I gained when I ate one meal a day. I have lost 7 pounds in a month eating at least 2500 calories a day or more.
Wow 7 pounds? That is incredible! Can you describe more details about the amounts and brands (is it still Haagen-Das?) etc. I am just not hungry to eat more than once or maybe twice a day most days.

MIW
Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
...so that means that you have a higher percent of fat in your program?
Whatever it is, it is working for you..
What kinds of fats do you focus on....
Coconut oil?
EVOO?
Avocadoes?
Bacon fat?
Butter?
MCT?

Do you use any type of "fat bomb" as others have used?
.......keep up the good work!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It might but Rachael Heller supposedly lost 150 pounds eating once a day and what about Sheila? I think it is just slower but it does work for some of us. Yesterday I did have a protein meal later in the day and today (because of you, LOL) I am having my RM before 9am and I plan on having another protein meal later today if needed

MIW
Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

It's going good here. I lost 2.1 lbs after starting IF for a week. So far, it is working for me. I feel much better with this lifestyle change. I plan to stick with it, possibly through December if I keep seeing the weekly losses.