Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks for the tips Rachel! I found the book on Amazon and it gets good reviews.

I'm up 1.5 lbs from my low and have to get a handle on it right now. I've been eating candy and other junk and its got to stop. I did a lot of stress eating this weekend and it showed on the scale. I'm going to try daily weighing this week to see the effects of each days eating.

The big change this week is going to be cutting out the candy and junk on my "Feast" days. My "Fast" days are not a problem, but the chocolate every other day has got to go!

Have a good week everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 8
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
You're welcome, Lori! I feel like the strategies can fit in with any eating plan...they make a lot of sense to me. I didn't feel like a salad before dinner, but I did slice up a cucumber and snacked on that before my meal.

I can't believe it, but I am enjoying tracking my food and exercise. It is interesting to look at patterns. I've found that I tend to eat the most on Sundays and the least on Mondays. I guess my body naturally adapts...if I eat more food one day, I just eat less the next. And, we do eat out on Sundays, which I don't do on Mondays. That is probably part of it as well.

I have my yogurt, nuts, cheese, cottage cheese, cucumber slices, apple slices, and peanut butter here at work today. It will be a really good eating day. Tonight we are doing roasted chicken with roasted carrots and potatoes. One of my favorite meals, and it's pretty fast to make, too.

I am wearing a size medium dress from the Loft to work today! I love it that I am fitting into this size now. I will maintain wherever my body wants (will just keep doing what I am doing every day) , but I do like this size.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 04-29-2013 at 08:16 AM..
LowCarbRachel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #393
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaraNoelle
WOE: CAD, FAST FIVE
Start Date: 3/20/2013
LowcarbRachel..your posts are encouraging to me Awesome news on the medium size dress !! How much have you lost all together ??
CaraNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Hi all! MIW, sorry you're up a couple of pounds. I know it's hard when that happens.

I am doing well. I read an interesting book at the bookstore last night and thought some of the ideas could be helpful to people doing IF. The book is "The Sugar Blocker Solution" (I think that's the right title), and it's by the author of "The Glycemic Load Diet," which is one of my favorite "diet books."

The most useful information in the book (to me) is to use certain foods as tools, either before or with your meal, to help block how quickly your body processes those foods. Although the book is called "the sugar blocker solution," he's really more concerned with what happens when we eat a high quantity of starch.

So, to slow down how your body processes a higher starch meal:

1. Eat a piece of cheese or a small serving of walnuts or almonds 10-30 minutes before a meal.
2. Eat a salad before your meal (hmmm, here's that Carbohydrate Addict's concept, MIW!)...especially good with a vinegar/oil based dressing.
3. Take 4 1200 mg fish oil capsules before your meal.
4. Drink a glass of wine with your meal!
5. Go for a twenty minute walk after your meal.

And there were some other ideas too, but these are the ones that I remembered and will try.

It's interesting because I kind of already follow some of his ideas. I usually only eat starch once a day (at dinner) and I eat starch-free the rest of the time.

I'm going to start trying some of these strategies in conjunction with my evening meal.

Have a great weekend!
I will have to check if I can get my hands on that book! I found The Insulin Resistant Diet at my local thrift store and really liked the info on IR but didn't like the diet. Anyway, I do think there are tidbits in every book on diet than can be encorporated and helpful, even if one doesn't follow that plan 100%. Like you always say, you need to find what works for you

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #395

CaraNoelle, I have lost ten pounds and one size since October. I started doing IF in January, first with guidelines from CAD (Carb Addict's Diet) and then with my own guidelines. I feel like I am learning how to maintain easily. I like what I eat, and it's painless. I can't ask for a better way to eat!

MIW, yes, exactly! Read as much as we can and then figure out what works best for our individual bodies! Find what works. Repeat over and over again!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hello all, I have heard of IF but didn't really research it a whole lot. Just yesterday, there was a link on a FB page that led me to the One Day Diet Plan that discussed IF but was also all about selling a certain brand of whey protein powder. Anyways, I do like the concept; no breakfast (I am rarely hungry anyways), still being allowed coffee in the mornings and stopping eating after a certain time. The major portion of this plan is two "milkshakes" a day: noon and 3 and then a supper of lean protein, veggies and a safe carb. Sounds doable to me. I would just use my own protein powder that I already have on hand.

Have people lost weight on here following IF?

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Hello all, I have heard of IF but didn't really research it a whole lot. Just yesterday, there was a link on a FB page that led me to the One Day Diet Plan that discussed IF but was also all about selling a certain brand of whey protein powder. Anyways, I do like the concept; no breakfast (I am rarely hungry anyways), still being allowed coffee in the mornings and stopping eating after a certain time. The major portion of this plan is two "milkshakes" a day: noon and 3 and then a supper of lean protein, veggies and a safe carb. Sounds doable to me. I would just use my own protein powder that I already have on hand.

Have people lost weight on here following IF?
To do IF you do not need to be doing any type of protein shakes or products of any kind. You can if you want, but really the best most healthy way is to do something you can follow anywhere, anytime, in any situation. I personally got away from gimmicky diets that as soon as I went off the weight would fly right back on. I don't know about that particular diet but I am not opposed to someone else doing it. It just isn't for me. I think you can still plan on losing weight just by eating any type of food during your eating window.

MIW
Old 04-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #398

You definitely don't have to drink protein shakes in your window, unless you love them. I personally can't stand protein shakes or protein bars...too many years of dieting history!

I made up my own plan, based on ideas I got from different books.

1. I am gluten free because I am allergic.
2. For breakfast and lunch (most days), I eat lower carb, no starch.
3. For dinner, I eat a plate of whatever I want, plus a small dessert.
4. I typically eat in a window of 10:30-6:30, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.
5. I try for light activity, like a walk or riding my exercise bike, for 30 minutes per day.

I have lost ten pounds and one size since October. I love this way of eating and can actually do it forever because it's so flexible. I have been tracking my food intake, just because I was curious, and I eat between 1200-1700 calories a day, no more than 100 carbs a day. That's just how it's naturally working out, without me *trying* to be on a diet.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

You are my hero Rachel! Awesome stats!

I'm happy this morning as the scale showed a 3 lb loss! I know it was weekend bloat for the most part, but I'm happy to see a lower number! I'll change my stats at the end of the week if the loss holds.
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #400

Did my weigh in this morning, and my weight is the same as last week, which is fine with me. Enjoying my yogurt for breakfast a little bit early today because I was really hungry. I didn't eat quite enough last night.

Lori, hooray on the three pounds!

So, I was reading a page about the former Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise. He's changing his plan and now encourages 25 carbs a day for faster weight loss and 125 carbs for women over 40 who may need the extra carbs to help with serotonin levels. I thought this was interesting.

My carbs for last week were: 80, 159, 128, 112, 45, 82, 74. The 159 was from a day when we ate out twice, and I had carbs at lunch and at dinner. I think this shows how easy it can be to eat moderate low carb when you only eat starch at one meal.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #401

Hello! It was my daughter's birthday yesterday. I did my typical foods during the day, and we went out to a fancy steakhouse for dinner. I had a glass of wine, a salad, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and a few bites of cheesecake. It was all delicious and just the right amount of food....I didn't feel stuffed or uncomfortable at all at the end of the meal.

I am weighing in on Tuesdays. My weight this past Tuesday was exactly the same as the week before. I consider that to be awesome news!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
Good morning Everyone! Just checking in, hoping to be more of a regular here than the sporadic poster I have been!

I recently started exercising in the morning before work (recently as in this was day 2) and I'm really proud that I've beaten my laziness, but working out makes me HUNGRY! I never had a problem with hunger before; I would have my 16oz. coffee on the way to work and then lunch around 1pm and that worked great for me. But now I'm hungry as soon as I finish exercising and then I have my coffee at the same time but it only tides me over for about an hour I know exercising can have an immediate effect on appetite but it's making my IF plan a little tougher now! It's kind of funny, actually, because before this I was saying how amazing it was that I wasn't hungry and this way of eating was easy and natural for me....now that's not so true anymore, haha!

I'm still going to stick to it of course, AND stick to the exercising because I'm quite lazy and quite inactive and I don't just want to lose weight, I want to be healthy and fit too.

As far as my coffee goes, I have been buying it at 7-Eleven every morning so I use a little splenda and a little half and half but I just bought a coffee maker from Amazon 2 days ago and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered! I'm excited because it will be easier for me to make the bullet proof coffee that I love with butter instead of half and half.

Also, a random coffee question: I absolutely love cinnamon coffee, and 7-Eleven has a cinnamon flavor, which is handy. But when I start to make it at home, should I just sprinkle some in my cup? Or should I put some in with the coffee grounds for it to brew together? Not sure the best way to go about it....

Last edited by evas; 05-02-2013 at 09:16 AM..
evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Thanks for the feedback. I am on day 3 of IF. My window is 11-7. I haven't done the shakes yet. I usually skip breakfast and have coffee with half and half and/or coconut manna. Lunch and supper is primarily low carb. I haven't weighed yet either. I might in a day or so.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: robbelkk
Stats: 263/168/150
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, NK, BFC
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Did my weigh in this morning, and my weight is the same as last week, which is fine with me. Enjoying my yogurt for breakfast a little bit early today because I was really hungry. I didn't eat quite enough last night.

Lori, hooray on the three pounds!

So, I was reading a page about the former Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise. He's changing his plan and now encourages 25 carbs a day for faster weight loss and 125 carbs for women over 40 who may need the extra carbs to help with serotonin levels. I thought this was interesting.

My carbs for last week were: 80, 159, 128, 112, 45, 82, 74. The 159 was from a day when we ate out twice, and I had carbs at lunch and at dinner. I think this shows how easy it can be to eat moderate low carb when you only eat starch at one meal.

Have a great Tuesday!
very interesting! happy to have come across this. i started my initial LC lifestyle by using the BFC and it worked GREAT for a while then i found other WOE that i'm also loving but yeah, haven't followed JC much so didn't know he'd made those changes so will def scope that plan out again since the 120g carb a day with no more than 15g sugar worked wonders for me and really opened my eyes to sugar.

sugar is the devil lol...for me anyway.
robbelkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #405

I'm lucky in that I can handle sugar, but I have noticed it's best to just have a small dessert after dinner. I've been eating a sweetened yogurt for breakfast this week, and I've been so hungry. Going back to the plain stuff next week! I do better sweetening it with honey and eating it with fresh fruit!

My daughter has been tracking her calories and found that they were fine...but she was WAY over on sugar. As soon as she got it out of her system, her skin started to clear up...and then she had a lot yesterday (it was her birthday), and her skin is broken out again. I think she's onto something!

Evas, I'm not sure about your cinnamon coffee. I do know that cinnamon is supposed to be great for regulating blood sugar, so it's great to use it. I would see how it stirs into your coffee. Please let us know how it turns out.

Vicki, you're off to a great start. Keep it up!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Was able to change my weight stats by 1 lb, so its a good day! I'm also wearing smaller jeans and a sweater that I never wore because it clings.....guess what.......it still clings, but now there are just curves, not rolls!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I'm on the Big Breakfast thread and it is the only meal I eat. There is lots of evidence that eating a big breakfast with at least 7 oz. of protein keeps you fuller all day and it does. It is fun and I love eating when I get up. I am full all day and get to eat all day on the 7 day on maintenance.
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #408

Oriana, I'm glad you've found something that clicks for you.

Lori, HOORAY!

No big news to report here...I did go shopping last night and bought three size medium tops. It feels good!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Ya I am still here too trucking along. My "new scale" first read 217 then 217.8 when I did a re-weigh. I get frustrated as I like it to be consistant! LOL

MIW
Old 05-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #410

Hi all....saw a new low weight today...by one ounce, lol. Sloooooow but steady, right?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

I am up 2 pounds but overall I am down from last week so I am ok with that. Yesterday was a definate off plan day but after 6 months I figured I won't beat myself up over it.

MIW
Old 05-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Oriana, I'm glad you've found something that clicks for you.
i think the BBD would work for everyone, but people are put off by not getting to eat in the evening. i never thought this would be possible either, before I gave it a whirl. for the first time in my life, i have a woe that not only helps me lose weight but is satisfying.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #413

J., I think the most important criteria in any eating plan is: can you do it consistently day after day for the rest of your life? I love it when I hear that people have found something that truly works for them.

I've been dieting for years, and I feel like I finally figured out what I need for the long term. It's a really good feeling.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Millenia98
Start Date: April 29, 2011
Is JUDDD or IF more of a maintenance diet, or do you all actually lose weight on these types of diets?

I'm going to be moving over to a maintenance lifestyle from 2 years of HCG/maintaining in between rounds. I just want to move past HCG and into something with more food volume if I want to lose weight in the future.
Millenia98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia98 View Post
Is JUDDD or IF more of a maintenance diet, or do you all actually lose weight on these types of diets?
i think that might depend upon how bad your metabolism is, for one thing.

i was on juddd for 5 months, averaging 1350 calories. i lost at a good clip, around 2 pounds a week. then POOF! i quit losing. 6 weeks with no losses, so i started tweaking my juddd, testing other forms of IF. i ended up having to zero in on lowering my carbs, which rather took the fun out of it. lol

juddd would probably be a very nice method of maintaining your weight.

i'm currently on the Big Breakfast Diet (a form of IF), and i'm losing.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 05-06-2013 at 09:17 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #416

I haven't done JUDDD, so I can't comment.

For me, IF is slow, steady, and enjoyable weight loss that leads straight into maintenance.

I have lost 10 pounds since October, but I didn't really start IF until this January. I've lost about 7 pounds since then. No cravings, no binge eating, no feeling deprived, and eating whatever I want once a day. No weight gain on vacation, either, because I just basically kept doing what I'd already adopted.

From what I've seen from other people, IF leads to weight loss of 2-4 pounds a month, depending on your starting point and metabolism.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I haven't done JUDDD, so I can't comment.

For me, IF is slow, steady, and enjoyable weight loss that leads straight into maintenance.

I have lost 10 pounds since October, but I didn't really start IF until this January. I've lost about 7 pounds since then. No cravings, no binge eating, no feeling deprived, and eating whatever I want once a day. No weight gain on vacation, either, because I just basically kept doing what I'd already adopted.

From what I've seen from other people, IF leads to weight loss of 2-4 pounds a month, depending on your starting point and metabolism.
How long did it take you to get to once a day? What time is your once a day meal? Do you have coffee with cream/fat throughout the day?

Thinking about this....looks like I can definitely swing twice a day. I like this.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #418

I have my own plan. I eat in an 8 hour window. About 10:30, I eat some plain greek yogurt and berries. Then about noon, I have an apple and peanut butter. About 3:00, I have pistachios and string cheese. Then I have a plate of whatever I want plus a small desert for dinner. I am usually done eating by 6:30. I try to do 30 minutes of easy exercise a day, either a walk or exercise bike.

My "whatever I want" varies. Some meals I had last week:

roasted chicken w/roasted potatoes and carrots, 2 chocolate truffles
salad, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, a few bites of cheesecake
taco salad, three dark chocolate peanut butter clusters

and so on. I tracked calories and carbs for a month just to see the numbers, and find myself between 1200-1800 calories a day and 40-120 carbs a day. Averages of 1500 calories and 80 carbs.

I drink black coffee, iced plain tea, club soda, and water when I'm outside my window.

Many people will drink coffee with cream before their window opens, but I do better with no calories until my first meal. (Just makes me hungry to have coffee with cream.)

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 05-06-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have my own plan. I eat in an 8 hour window. About 10:30, I eat some plain greek yogurt and berries. Then about noon, I have an apple and peanut butter. About 3:00, I have pistachios and string cheese. Then I have a plate of whatever I want plus a small desert for dinner. I am usually done eating by 6:30. I try to do 30 minutes of easy exercise a day, either a walk or exercise bike.

My "whatever I want" varies. Some meals I had last week:

roasted chicken w/roasted potatoes and carrots, 2 chocolate truffles
salad, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, a few bites of cheesecake
taco salad, three dark chocolate peanut butter clusters

and so on. I tracked calories and carbs for a month just to see the numbers, and find myself between 1200-1800 calories a day and 40-120 carbs a day. Averages of 1500 calories and 80 carbs.

I drink black coffee, iced plain tea, club soda, and water when I'm outside my window.

Many people will drink coffee with cream before their window opens, but I do better with no calories until my first meal. (Just makes me hungry to have coffee with cream.)
Thanks so much for your insight and explanation.

Did you start this program for weight loss purposes? Or did you switch from another plan? I'm a through and through low carber, so I wonder if my meals will fill me up by not having the sides that you have such as mashed potatoes, etc. I'm also not home by 6:30p to even be able to eat my last meal at that time (that's usually the time I'm working out/or commuting). Maybe I can start slowly and have my first meal at 11:30a. Woo. I'm very much intrigued to see how I'd do.

Last edited by Millenia98; 05-06-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #420

I have a long dieting history of up and downs. I just quit dieting a couple of years ago but decided last fall that I still needed to do something to at least maintain at a size 10. I decided to come up with something that I could do consistently every day for the rest of my life and knew it needed to be simple and include my favorite foods. I am thrilled to be at a size 8 now and wouldn't mind going down one more size. But, I'm just going to keep following my plan and see what happens.

I did lose weight doing a 5-6 hour window a few years ago. I was eating 2 meals a day (and not necessarily healthy ones, either) and got to my then goal weight of 135.

I think you could still do low carb with plenty of good fats and be full, especially if you get into ketosis.

You can definitely start with a larger window and keep adjusting as you get used to eating during a shorter period of time.