Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Good Morning,

Got up and let my cat out at 5AM and went back to bed till 7:30! Unheard of! Looking forward to a low key day. I'm having my morning coffee with a TB of MCT oil. Looking forward to my "window" today. There's a peanut butter milkshake in my future.

More snow coming for us tonight/tomorrow. I'm really tired of this winter. I play golf and am really anxious to get out on the course.

Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Welcome Lori!

I am at a new low! Just by two ounces, lol, but I will take it. I am eating really well, and I tried on size 8 shorts yesterday that were a little baggy. I am thinking my spring/summer clothes will be more size 8/medium than size 10/ large. We are on day 7 of the shred!

We ate a little later last night, so I am pushing my window out today by about an hour!
LowCarbRachel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh! How awesome!! Baggy size 8's?? I can't imagine.
Congrats to you!

My window is about to open and boy do I have plans!

I'm going to have a couple small bean and cheese burritos and then the long awaited peanut butter milkshake.

This WOE will be a whole lot easier when I'm at work all day instead of sitting around the house. I just went to the grocery store after fasting for 18 hrs...probably not the smartest thing I've ever done!

Hope you all enjoy your day!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Welcome Lori!

I am at a new low! Just by two ounces, lol, but I will take it. I am eating really well, and I tried on size 8 shorts yesterday that were a little baggy. I am thinking my spring/summer clothes will be more size 8/medium than size 10/ large. We are on day 7 of the shred!

We ate a little later last night, so I am pushing my window out today by about an hour!
Size 8?!! That is so awesome. I am so happy for you and hate you at the same time! LOL No, really I am just super happy for you. I really really need to start exercising!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #305

I tried on my size 10 skirts and shorts from last summer and they are officially too big. I love IF. It is slow but effective, and with my super slow loss, I know I can easily maintain. Such a relief to find what naturally works for me, after years and years of dieting. Bought a pair of size 8 jean capris to wear in Las Vegas!!

Thank you for letting me share my good news. I am glad to have found such a simple and sustainable way to eat!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I agree the slow and steady is the way to go. I am so worried about my skin being more saggy-baggy than it already is and I think the sensible slow weight loss will actually give my body less shock and time to shrink up the skin.

Hoping so anyways! LOL
MIW
Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

I am passing this on since someone asked me what I am doing for my woe:

What I am doing follows below. And I am in this for life. There is no diet or woe out there that I have ever done or even dreamed about that was this easy and satisfying.

I am doing CAD/CALP but in an intermittent fasting eating window of 4-8 hours on days I am at work and mainly 4-6 hours most days if I am at home. Lately I have been eating my CM around 2pm and dinner/RM around 5 or 6pm. I only eat 1 CM and 1 RM. Some days I only eat a RM. Just depends on if I am hungry or not. Water is my friend!

I always make sure to have a very large salad or amount of veggies at my CM, as well as a good amount of protein. Like 2 boiled eggs or a hamburger pattie with a slice of cheese, 3 pcs of bacon, at least 2 TBSP of salad drg. I do try to balance my RM but some days I am just not hungry for a "regular" type meal after the CM of veggies and meat and the RM will be more carby. That is it! I have actually gotten less hungry and am losing more weight by eating this way.

Oh ya, no counting of anything or keeping track. I do on random days out of curiosity which I only decide to do at the end of the day and not at the start so I don't hold back. I do not binge, I just eat what I want and in what amounts. Some days it is crazy how much I can eat and most days it is crazy how little I am actually hungry!

I also drink as much water/herbal tea as I can. No more coffee with cream. The cream was stimulating too much insulin and I just wasn't losing anymore. I no longer eat over a 10-14 hour period. Again- too much insulin and I was actually more hungry and not losing as fast. Now I am less hungry by eating less.

I also eat about 1-3 TBSP of extra-virgin cold pressed coconut oil a day with my CM, and I take homemade ginger, turmeric, and ceylon cinnamon supplements (all good nutrition and aid with insulin and/or fat buring and metabolism) and I take the Heller's recommended GTF chromium first thing in the am.

I almost think of my short eating window as a well balanced RM just spaced out over 2 meals They are usually 2-3 hours apart from my CM until my RM most days.

Today's meals:

CM- large 4 cup salad with 2 TBSP blue cheese drsg, one 4 ounce cube steak
my supplements as listed above

RM- 2 cups mac and cheese with 1 cup diced fried steak meat. 1 sheet of dried seaweed mixed in. 1 cup of cookies and cream ice cream and 8 various girlscout cookies. 1/2 a mystic mango kombucha

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 03-24-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Up by 4:30 to get ready for boot camp this morning. Looking forward to another good IF day. My window will open at 2, but am going to try to keep the calories down today. Not sure why I feel like I have to do that, I guess its cause I'm coming from JUDDD. I may change my mind by the time my window opens!

The snow predicted for us hasn't started so far. YAY! A couple of inches are on the way I guess...not as much as they first thought! So glad since I wanted to go to boot camp this morning and then I have a massage scheduled for after work.

Hope you all have a wonderful IF day!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/206/180
Yay! Way to go, Rachel on the size 8's! Size 12's are a little loose on me, but 10's are super tight--I'm hoping another 15 pounds will allow me to toss the 12's out!

MIW, I like how you're making your plan work for you! Fast-5 has been easy for the most part, but I'm looking forward to starting it the low-carb way next week. My fiancé is on board with low-carb now, so I'm hoping it will make it more tolerable.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
Well, it's been ages since I've been around and I've been really lax about my nutritional choices! I have predictably stalled, but surprisingly I have not gained. I think it's due to the fact that, although I've been choosing crappy food, I am still roughly following my eating schedule (as far as my eating window goes).

But that's all water under the bridge, I'm feeling motivated to start fresh today (and I've done wonderfully with my coffee this morning and a 2pm snack of a small leftover chicken breast and some peanuts and a planned dinner of salad with some sliced steak and blue cheese dressing!). I know that if I can do better with my food choices I will start to lose again.

Also I haven't been exercising and it's about time I do! I'm going to go for a brisk walk today after work. I'm going to start walking regularly and hopefully over time that can turn into running. After all, I live in San Diego so I should DEFINITELY get out there and take advantage of the year-round nice weather

Last edited by evas; 03-25-2013 at 04:13 PM..
evas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evas View Post
Well, it's been ages since I've been around and I've been really lax about my nutritional choices! I have predictably stalled, but surprisingly I have not gained. I think it's due to the fact that, although I've been choosing crappy food, I am still roughly following my eating schedule (as far as my eating window goes).

But that's all water under the bridge, I'm feeling motivated to start fresh today (and I've done wonderfully with my coffee this morning and a 2pm snack of a small leftover chicken breast and some peanuts and a planned dinner of salad with some sliced steak and blue cheese dressing!). I know that if I can do better with my food choices I will start to lose again.

Also I haven't been exercising and it's about time I do! I'm going to go for a brisk walk today after work. I'm going to start walking regularly and hopefully over time that can turn into running. After all, I live in San Diego so I should DEFINITELY get out there and take advantage of the year-round nice weather
Let me know how the exercise goes! I soooo need to start and am slowly easing into it. It is starting to show signs of full on Spring here and I have been breaking the flower beds in but should really start walking.

MIW
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Happy girl here this morning! Have FINALLY broken into onederland! 199 this morning. I hope I never see a 2 in front of my weight again.

I'm loving this WOE already! It has helped me break thru this barrier that has been in my way for weeks!

I was a bit worried about this morning's weigh in since it seemed I ate a bit too much last night when I got home last night. I was really hungry and sort of out of control for a few minutes as my window was about to close.

Looking forward to another IF day. Just have to get this pesky boot camp workout out of the way first!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Happy girl here this morning! Have FINALLY broken into onederland! 199 this morning. I hope I never see a 2 in front of my weight again.

I'm loving this WOE already! It has helped me break thru this barrier that has been in my way for weeks!

I was a bit worried about this morning's weigh in since it seemed I ate a bit too much last night when I got home last night. I was really hungry and sort of out of control for a few minutes as my window was about to close.

Looking forward to another IF day. Just have to get this pesky boot camp workout out of the way first!
that is so awesome! congratulations. You must feel so good.

MIW
Old 03-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning fellow fasters!

Just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone's week is going. I got up at 4:30 to be to boot camp by 5:45. Have to give myself time for a cup of coffee and to get at least a little bit awake! We did boxing today. Love hitting that heavy bag!

This is day 4 of IF and I'm loving it! I probably won't weigh myself again till Friday morning. I'm having a high carb dinner tonight. Spaghetti with sweet sausage & garlic bread. I was going to make it last night, but after eating lunch at 2, I wasn't hungry for dinner! I'll eat lighter when I break my fast this afternoon.

Slow day at work and I'm exhausted from boot camp. Think anyone would notice if I took a nap under my desk?

Have a great day!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Today was just an RM only of sushi. How is it that I can eat whatever I want in a one hour period and not be hungry AT ALL the other 23 hours? This is so crazy but I am crazy loving it!!!

MIW
Old 03-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Wow MIW, you had a great day!

I did ok, I guess, but after my meal of spaghetti, I felt overfull and worried that I had blown it. With my boot camp workout yesterday, I know I wasn't over my calories for the day....stupid diet mentality! I love not having to keep track of calories.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am feeling a bit under the weather and will probably just do a RM only day again today as just really not hungry! Don't worry, I will be eatin' good tonight! LOL

MIW
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

I feel so stupid, but what do you mean by an RM meal? I'm sure its obvious to everyone but me.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
I feel so stupid, but what do you mean by an RM meal? I'm sure its obvious to everyone but me.
Oops sorry. nope, it might not be. I am doing CAD/CALP and RM stands for Reward Meal. The pricipal is you can eat what you want within an hour limit, but should be balanced and if you either fast or eat extemem low carb at your other meals during your RM you can eat higher amounts of carbs and it tricks your body into releasing lower amounts of insulin since it was primed to release less because of the fast or previous low carb meals. Since insulin can be bi-phasic, it will give another surge if you are eating longer than an hour. That is another reason why the modern six meals and grazing is bad for those of us who are Carbohydrate Addicts aka Insulin Resistant.

MIW
Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

I am actually up a couple of pounds despite TOM being past and only eating an RM for last two days. I actually haven't been hungry. Only thing different this week is maybe a bit more salty type foods like hot dogs a couple of times (birthday party and a BBQ), did more activity like gardening, and I drank a black iced decaf americano two days in a row. I am scratching my head but just going to power through. Maybe I am hitting another plateau. I am also coming a bit under the weather so maybe that is it?

I will be at work next 3 days (14 hour days with commute) so I will try to check it from time to time otherwise catch up with everyone on Monday! TC!

MIW
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Can you really eat whatever you want and how much you want when you intermittant fast? I usually fast from 9 a.m. until 9 a.m. the next morning. Dropped 3.5 pounds overnight. How many calories when you are eating a whole day? versus just a meal?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
What does Eat Stop Eat promote as far as intermittant fasting? Does anyone have the book?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
What does Eat Stop Eat promote as far as intermittant fasting? Does anyone have the book?
I think you can download the book free as a PDF file. Google it....
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #324

Good morning! Back from Las Vegas, where my eating was indeed intermittent! I didn't really follow any rule except to eat when I was hungry. I had breakfast a couple of days, and when we ate at buffets, I didn't go crazy. I did eat desert late one night, but the next day, I skipped breakfast. We walked quite a bit and stood in many lines!

I got into some gluten on our trip somewhere, so my stomach isn't too happy. I will weigh myself again after my stomach is less bloated and angry.

We slept in until 11 am today, so I just opened my window at 1. I should have no problem with an 8 hour or less window today.

I did buy two size medium dresses and a medium sized sweater, so that made me happy.

Oriana, I think "eating whatever you want" is relative. I feel like this way of eating is freeing...I am eating a wide range of food, and I am never hungry, and I never feel deprived. However, I am not stuffing myself full of food during my window, either. I do not think I could lose or maintain my weight on 3,000, 4,000, or 5,000 calories a day. My body DOES need to burn off the calories I've eaten before it can start burning off calories in my fat stores. IF is a tool for me to easily control my calories while giving my body time to dedicate to digestion and fat burning.

I would estimate that I eat between 1500-2500 calories most days, which is resulting in a very slow but steady change in my body shape, giving me enough energy to exercise and giving me many choices with no counting and no deprivation.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Happy April!

Sounds like you had a nice trip Rachel!

I managed to hold onto my 199 thru the weekend, so I'm happy about that. Have not messed up my eating window for over a week! I'm sure there will come a day, but for the first week I was right on target.

Hoping the month of April proves to be a good one for weight loss!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #326

That's great, Lori! I think there's much success to be found through consistency.

My stomach is still bothering me. I'm not sure what I got into that had gluten in it on our trip, but I've been dealing with a reaction for a few days now. The digestive stuff is bad enough but then add the itching and bloating and ugh!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! New low. Today the scale couldn't decide it I was 215.5 or 216 so I went with the 216. Funny since last week ending on Sunday I was up 1.22 lbs, LOL

I know this cyclical game and I have ups and downs but overall trend is a slow DOWN and I love it that I am losig and eating so much. I really haven't changed my eating habits at all, other than combing IF/CAD and still eating all the foods I love and in the amounts I want. Just by tricking my metabolism the weight is coming off. I know if I was exercising it would be even faster.

Basically this is totally for life! To eat regular food, plus the fact that I am eating way more fresh veggies than ever and NEVER being hungry. Screaming it from the mountains yet again!

MIW
Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Here is yet another variation on IF. It calls for a 12-14 hour fast with a short bout
of exercise about midway in the fast. Note that the people lost as much during the
last 6 weeks as during the first 6 weeks.

A "mini-fast with exercise" protocol for fat ... [Med Hypotheses. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Hmmm........that's kind of what I do! I do a pretty strenuous boot camp workout first thing in the morning, about 11 hrs into my fast. The more I read, the more I think IF is the way to go!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Here is yet another variation on IF. It calls for a 12-14 hour fast with a short bout
of exercise about midway in the fast. Note that the people lost as much during the
last 6 weeks as during the first 6 weeks.

A "mini-fast with exercise" protocol for fat ... [Med Hypotheses. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI
I really like following CAD/CALP with IF as well since Rachael Heller lost 150 lbs by doing extreme IF by only eating one meal a day (pretty much whatever she wanted and in any amount).

Second, the Heller's went on to study the Carbohydrate Addict's diet (does not talk about IF at all in it other than her personal story) and they followed 1000 people for 2 years with an 80% success rate. In the dietary world the amounts of participants and that length of time to be studied and that success rate is unparalleled.

MIW