Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #241
Junior LCF Member
 
LeslieJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 38
Gallery: LeslieJG
Stats: 220/213/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: January 2013
Down another pound today.. Haven't eaten yet, yesterday was(CM) tuna salad with pickle, mayo, celery, and black olives. (RM) Mcchicken sandwich, med fry, iced coffee and I split a double cheeseburger with a friend. Yeah, I was hungry..
Did 40 minutes of Leslie Sansone walking routine supposed to be 3 miles, it is fun.
Check in later!
LeslieJG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lotus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,457
Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
leslie! I see a lot of people use that Leslie Sansone walking DVD, You just walk in place or something?
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #243
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Hi! Been lurking all week and just have a question, please. I have read the book, cover to cover but I still don't understand something.

They talk about eating 3 to 4 times a day. Is that meaning 2 CM meals, 1 RM meal and a snack?

Thanks for the info!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Hi! Been lurking all week and just have a question, please. I have read the book, cover to cover but I still don't understand something.

They talk about eating 3 to 4 times a day. Is that meaning 2 CM meals, 1 RM meal and a snack?

Thanks for the info!
Yes, you can eat up to 4 times a day if needed. You will have days (trust me) where you are totally not even hungry! Also, meals should be spaced out... do not end up "grazing" just because you can eat the 3 meals and a snack. I observe the 1 hour rule at all meals, and try to wait 2-4 hours between meals. Otherwise if you eat too close, you get the bigger surge of insulin. This diet has to do with being Insulin Resistant and minimizing insulin release. It is not about the calories, just tricking your body into releasing less insulin. You just hold back on carbs most of the day and can eat them later and it works!

MIW
__________________
Starting Weight: 235lbs Starting Date: November 1, 2012 WOE: CAD/CALP and loving it! Staying on plan, not giving up, making it work! If not me, who? If not now, when?

Last edited by Makeitwork; 01-31-2013 at 10:10 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #245
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Yes, you can eat up to 4 times a day if needed. You will have days (trust me) where you are totally not even hungry! Also, meals should be spaced out... do not end up "grazing" just because you can eat the 3 meals and a snack. I observe the 1 hour rule at all meals, and try to wait 2-4 hours between meals. Otherwise if you eat too close, you get the bigger surge of insulin. This diet has to do with being Insulin Resistant and minimizing insulin release. It is not about the calories, just tricking your body into releasing less insulin. You just hold back on carbs most of the day and can eat them later and it works!

MIW
Thank you and I'm hoping to get to that place where I'm not hungry! Now one more question, if I may. Coconut oil in my coffee? I have enjoyed one black coffee with a tsp or 2 of coconut oil every day. It helps me to go! Can I still do this? TY again!

Last edited by Beeb; 01-31-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #246
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
OK, one more please. If I'm not hungry ( for that!) and I only eat 1 or 2 meals that day, what would those meals be? If one do I make it a RM meal or if 2 do I make one a CM meal and one a RM meal?

I'm sure it's addressed somewhere in the book, but can't seem to find it....thanks for the info!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,538
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
OK, one more please. If I'm not hungry ( for that!) and I only eat 1 or 2 meals that day, what would those meals be? If one do I make it a RM meal or if 2 do I make one a CM meal and one a RM meal?

I'm sure it's addressed somewhere in the book, but can't seem to find it....thanks for the info!
One Reward meal per day........ And I work better if no SF drinks sipped during the day. My hardest habit to break......
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #248
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
One Reward meal per day........ And I work better if no SF drinks sipped during the day. My hardest habit to break......
OK, but what if you only eat one meal one day, just not hungry for more? Would we make that meal a RM meal or a CM meal? Thanks!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lotus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,457
Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Hmm....I don't remember seeing anything about only 1 meal.

Do you do that often? Like enough to worry about?


I guess if I only ate once I would have a RM
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #250
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Hmm....I don't remember seeing anything about only 1 meal.

Do you do that often? Like enough to worry about?


I guess if I only ate once I would have a RM
I wish I could do that sometimes! I'm always thinking ahead and was just wondering if I ever do get to the place where one meal would be good what would I make it. RM sounds good to me!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #251
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lotus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,457
Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Not sure taking advice from me is great....I didnt get this way by skipping meals thats for dang sure!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lotus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,457
Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Oooh, just stopped in at your blog for a second! How cool! I will have to look again when I have more time, I have to go to bed now though. I had to get right out cause that looks like it would suck me in for awhile!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #253
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Oooh, just stopped in at your blog for a second! How cool! I will have to look again when I have more time, I have to go to bed now though. I had to get right out cause that looks like it would suck me in for awhile!
Thanks! I don't write as often as I should anymore but hoping to get back to it twice a week again! Hope you enjoy it!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member
 
3pupsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 69
Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Beeb: Welcome! I don't get in here as often as I'd like, but I hope you enjoy the posts here. Everyone is soooo nice and supportive. DH and I haeen following this WOE since 8/29/12 and he's lost 45 pounds...... I've lost 15! I know that doesn't sound like alot, but that is soooooo good for me! I looked up that hot cereal for you.......

1c coconut, dairy, soy or unsweetened almond milk
1/2c flax meal
1/4c unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4c chopped walnuts sunflower seeds or chopped pecans
ground cinnamon
1/4c sliced berries (optional)

Combine milk, flax meal, coconut flakes and nuts in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member
 
3pupsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 69
Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Sorry.....hit the post button before I was finished.....

That recipe was very thick, so I reduced the flax meal to 1/3 cup, and it was much better.

Hope you enjoy!!
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member
 
3pupsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 69
Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
p.s. I used almond milk and pecans and it was "da bomb"!
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #257
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
Beeb: Welcome! I don't get in here as often as I'd like, but I hope you enjoy the posts here. Everyone is soooo nice and supportive. DH and I haeen following this WOE since 8/29/12 and he's lost 45 pounds...... I've lost 15! I know that doesn't sound like alot, but that is soooooo good for me! I looked up that hot cereal for you.......

1c coconut, dairy, soy or unsweetened almond milk
1/2c flax meal
1/4c unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4c chopped walnuts sunflower seeds or chopped pecans
ground cinnamon
1/4c sliced berries (optional)

Combine milk, flax meal, coconut flakes and nuts in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
Sorry.....hit the post button before I was finished.....

That recipe was very thick, so I reduced the flax meal to 1/3 cup, and it was much better.

Hope you enjoy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
p.s. I used almond milk and pecans and it was "da bomb"!
Wow, that is great losses for you and DH!! I hope to see 15 myself! Thank you SO much for the recipe! ? for you, if I may? Is this good for a CM meal? I'm wondering because of the nuts, and flax meal. It looks so nice and protein rich so I'm thinking maybe it's a good thing as long as we do some veggies with it?

Thanks again for the info and this looks !!

Last edited by Beeb; 02-01-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #258
Junior LCF Member
 
LeslieJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 38
Gallery: LeslieJG
Stats: 220/213/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
leslie! I see a lot of people use that Leslie Sansone walking DVD, You just walk in place or something?
walking in place and some floor movement. It is kicks, side steps, "butt kicks", and side taps. It is all absed on walking movements and so much fun. It really gets you sweating but doesn't have a lot of difficult movements.
LeslieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #259
Junior LCF Member
 
LeslieJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 38
Gallery: LeslieJG
Stats: 220/213/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Hi! Been lurking all week and just have a question, please. I have read the book, cover to cover but I still don't understand something.

They talk about eating 3 to 4 times a day. Is that meaning 2 CM meals, 1 RM meal and a snack?

Thanks for the info!
In the first book there were different plans depending on how quickly you wanted to lose weight. My book is upstairs so I am winging this but basically plan A was 2 CMs and a RM, plan B was 2 CMS a RM and a snack (smaller CM in a shorter amount of time), Plan C was a CM and a RM, and plan D was just the RM. You could change it week to week after you did your weight averages. I have always stuck with plan A but a lot of days I wind up only eating twice a RM and a CM. I am not very familiar with later plans but I know there are quite a few differences like they are much more focused on getting in your veggies, no artificial sweeteners, and the 1/3 plate rule. I really enjoy the freedom the first book gives me.
LeslieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member
 
3pupsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 69
Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Beeb ... not sure if it actually qualifies as a CM, but I have had it once in a week's time without any adverse reactions or gains........ just for a change...... some of the more senior members might be able to help you out with that question better than I.
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,538
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I am going to go see how far back I go to get a 181!!!!! Just looked. Looks like last time I saw 181 was in November of 2009......

I am going to stick with CAD eating. That is down 10 lbs since September. And I am happy with my eating. No battles or starving.....
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I am going to go see how far back I go to get a 181!!!!! Just looked. Looks like last time I saw 181 was in November of 2009......

I am going to stick with CAD eating. That is down 10 lbs since September. And I am happy with my eating. No battles or starving.....
That is great Karen! Keep it up

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #263
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi everyone! CAD/CALP is a wonderful plan. The premise behind it is scientific and still gives you some wiggle room with the RM so it can be sustained long term. Wish everyone success.

I started with CALP then cycled to other plans and kinda fell off the wagon lately due to depression issues. Considering possibly going back to it.....even though the WL in my case was slower, I could stick to it much better for much longer than any other plan.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,538
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hi everyone! CAD/CALP is a wonderful plan. The premise behind it is scientific and still gives you some wiggle room with the RM so it can be sustained long term. Wish everyone success.

I started with CALP then cycled to other plans and kinda fell off the wagon lately due to depression issues. Considering possibly going back to it.....even though the WL in my case was slower, I could stick to it much better for much longer than any other plan.
I agree with that 100%. And that is exactly what I did........only I kind of mixed and matched plans as it was convenient, and did no good. Ended up slowly gaining.

so back on a mild CAD......If I am slightly off plan some days, I do not stress. I just plan on getting back on and pay attention to the scale.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!
 
lotus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,457
Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Hi everyone! CAD/CALP is a wonderful plan. The premise behind it is scientific and still gives you some wiggle room with the RM so it can be sustained long term. Wish everyone success.

I started with CALP then cycled to other plans and kinda fell off the wagon lately due to depression issues. Considering possibly going back to it.....even though the WL in my case was slower, I could stick to it much better for much longer than any other plan.


Hope you give it another whirl!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #266
Junior LCF Member
 
LeslieJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 38
Gallery: LeslieJG
Stats: 220/213/130
WOE: CAD
Start Date: January 2013
Just my weekly average.
Mon Jan 28,2013 215.4
Tue Jan 29,2013 215.2
wed jan 30,2013 214.0
thu jan 31,2013 214.0
fri feb 01,2013 214.2
Sat feb 02,2013 214.4
Sun feb 03,2013 214.2
weekly average 214.48 down 1 pound
LeslieJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #267
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I agree with that 100%. And that is exactly what I did........only I kind of mixed and matched plans as it was convenient, and did no good. Ended up slowly gaining.

so back on a mild CAD......If I am slightly off plan some days, I do not stress. I just plan on getting back on and pay attention to the scale.
As we have discovered mix-and-match does not work very well. And not stressing, as you say, is extremely important. Wishing you great success back on CAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post


Hope you give it another whirl!
thank you so much! Will do for sure.... it was easy to stick to ( for me at least).
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,674
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
Anyone with binge issues had success with this plan?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Anyone with binge issues had success with this plan?
I can't speak for others, but for myself over time I have noticed it has been easier and easier to add more to the carb pile and get less and less balanced. I really do try to make sure I get enough veggies and protein at RM time so I don't feel as guilty about the carbs. CM's are a breeze for me and I have to say there have been at least 5 times in the last 90 days where I wasn't even hungry and could have skipped the RM all together. For me I am trying to work at just listening to my body and not force feed myself "just because." Can be hard mentally but if I focus on my body it just is not hungry some times which I have NEVER experienced on any other type of diet.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,538
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I am doing Original CAD, and I don't worry about balancing veggies, etc. If some food sounds good, I eat it. Be that veggies, fruit, or carbs. I just stay away from snacks, and stick to 2 CMs and 1 RM rule.

I eat what sounds good. I have noticed that my cravings for sugar are GONE. Has taken 5 months, but well worth it.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.