Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #1651
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 171.5/150.6/145
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. The tooth ended up being cracked all the way down so they ended up pulling it. My Husband got me a smoothie from smoothie king because I cant eat. I am still not even hungry this morning, I don't know if its the pain meds or not, but I am trying to eat some scrambled eggs with some spinach. I can barely open wide enough to do it lol
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #1652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-227)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Thanks went back to the allowed lists on page one and whey protein is listed with the condiments, guess I just didn't know where to look for it. Guess that makes it ok if one checks the carb content. Thanks.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #1653
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. The tooth ended up being cracked all the way down so they ended up pulling it. My Husband got me a smoothie from smoothie king because I cant eat. I am still not even hungry this morning, I don't know if its the pain meds or not, but I am trying to eat some scrambled eggs with some spinach. I can barely open wide enough to do it lol
Teeth issues are soooo painful. Sorry they had to pull it.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #1654
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Teeth issues are soooo painful. Sorry they had to pull it.
I am just glad its gone, I was in pain for four weeks. It was the very back molar so they said I shouldn't have any other problems from it. That was a bad tooth from the start, its been filled twice...If I had only known what vanity would cause at 16 when I became bulimic..sigh, all of this could have been avoided. The acid from vomiting killed my enamel..I did that for 7 years.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #1655
Major LCF Poster!

It's really nice to not be hungry all the time, I feel like I just got out of jail
Old 12-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #1656
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
It's really nice to not be hungry all the time, I feel like I just got out of jail
That is great and just stick with it! My husband and I are both nurses too He just started up this WOE recently and he too has been commenting on how he just isn't that hungry... I have been like THAT's THE POINT!!!! LOL

The weight loss is just a side effect just like the fat is just a symptom. Eating this way and controling the hyperinsulinemia is only a treatment-there is no cure. Just stick with it, the weight will slowly come off and you will be full, happy, eating like a Queen/King and never feel deprived!

MIW
Old 12-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #1657
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am just glad its gone, I was in pain for four weeks. It was the very back molar so they said I shouldn't have any other problems from it. That was a bad tooth from the start, its been filled twice...If I had only known what vanity would cause at 16 when I became bulimic..sigh, all of this could have been avoided. The acid from vomiting killed my enamel..I did that for 7 years.
So glad it is behind you now. Onward!!!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1658
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Atira
Stats: 267.4/265.2/150
WOE: CALP
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Hi group. Things have been wild and stressful at our house the last three days so I've been absent here, but the amazing thing I found was that I had no urge to eat in response to the stress. Wow. As a long-time emotional eater, I was not prepared for that wonderful development. The loss is slow, yes, but I don't feel at all deprived or have any cravings. It is true freedom, as MakeitWork and Nitenurse just said. I guess I am here for the long haul. And Cyvamp, I'm so glad you got that tooth taken out. There is nothing as bad as dental pain. Happy Thursday, all.

Atira
Atira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #1659
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW is your hubby eating the BB for his rm? Also, what do you think about thryroid meds like our friend is on. She has a dose that ups her levels to normal. Do you think that is why she can eat so much or do you think it is the diet itself? She does eat early like 2 p.m.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #1660
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally found a motivation that seems to be working. Weekly bet with DH......

Weekly Challenge with DH ends on each Thursday.
This week I am down 4 lbs, DH is down 1 lb.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #1661
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW is your hubby eating the BB for his rm? Also, what do you think about thryroid meds like our friend is on. She has a dose that ups her levels to normal. Do you think that is why she can eat so much or do you think it is the diet itself? She does eat early like 2 p.m.
No, he eats his for dinner and sometimes late, like 8:30pm when he gets home from work. I think she is still losing or maintaining from the diet itself. I was losing not matter how I followed the plan It is just slow-go no matter how I follow it...

MIW
Old 12-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #1662
Major LCF Poster!

My friend who lost 100 pounds and eats one meal a day said she was starving today and didnt' get to eat until 3:30 which is about a couple hours later than her usual. She had 2 McRibs, lg. fry, xl Sprite and a DQ Snickers med. blizzard. She is 128 pounds and has maintained it on one meal a day for 4 years plus. She only eats a rm and no cms.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #1663
Major LCF Poster!

Interesting-today I ate a big RM 4 hours earlier, about noon, and thought I'd have a tough time in the afternoon and evening, but I still am not hungry, and am not going to eat any more. Don't plan on doing this often, this was a family get together. Still really like the freedom from hunger.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #1664
Major LCF Poster!

I had my rm at 11 a.m. I was going to have it early but I like the fact that I don't have to. I know I can lose more efficiently with early BB but I like the freedom. I want to be able to have a rm dinner if I so choose. I did lose from the day before . Remember I was 110 and then yesterday the teachers went to Black Angus and I had a 10 oz. sirloin, 2 salads with ranch, 2 cookies with coffee and cream. I ate about 2 p.m. and was 108 down 2 pounds today. Today I had a huge rm at 11 a.m. I ran this morning and was starving when I got home. Here it is:
2 oz. cheese, 2 eggs, 5 pc. bacon, raisin bagel with cream cheese, 5, yes that's right, Baby Ruth candy bars (280 calories each), 2 large mugs of hot tea with cream. I am still full at 7 p.m. and good until tomorrow's steak lunch with salad and a pint of Haagen Dazs.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #1665
Major LCF Poster!

What is everyone having on Christmas eve and day? I am sticking to one rm a day but it will be a doozy!!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #1666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
So glad you're feeling better, Cyvamp! Tooth pain is by far the worst for some reason. Glad to hear everyone is sticking to the plan this holiday season!

I'm up from 124.4 to 124.7 for my weekly average, but that's better than I expected considering how horribly I followed the diet this weekend because I was helping a friend move her business. Thankfully, for the past two days, I've finally seen the welcome number 123.6 pop up for the first time.

For anyone that's interested, I thought I would give my and my husband's averages so far. As you can see, he drops weight much more quickly than I do, but he also cheats a lot more and that messes up his progress quite a bit!

Starting weight:
Me: 129.6
Hub: 196

10/28-11/2
Me: 128.9
Hub: 195.0

11/3-11/9
Me: 128.6
Hub: 191.2

11/10-11/16
Me: 128.3
Hub: 189.9

11/17-11/23
Me: 127.2
Hub: 186.6

11/24-11/30
Me: 125.4
Hub: 186

12/1-12/7
Me: 125.9
Hub: 186

12/8-12/14
Me: 124.4
Hub: 182.6

12/15-12/21
Me: 124.7
Hub: 182.8
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #1667
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had my rm at 11 a.m. I was going to have it early but I like the fact that I don't have to. I know I can lose more efficiently with early BB but I like the freedom. I want to be able to have a rm dinner if I so choose. I did lose from the day before . Remember I was 110 and then yesterday the teachers went to Black Angus and I had a 10 oz. sirloin, 2 salads with ranch, 2 cookies with coffee and cream. I ate about 2 p.m. and was 108 down 2 pounds today. Today I had a huge rm at 11 a.m. I ran this morning and was starving when I got home. Here it is:
2 oz. cheese, 2 eggs, 5 pc. bacon, raisin bagel with cream cheese, 5, yes that's right, Baby Ruth candy bars (280 calories each), 2 large mugs of hot tea with cream. I am still full at 7 p.m. and good until tomorrow's steak lunch with salad and a pint of Haagen Dazs.
Good lord, that's what I call a meal!! Yummy! 108 is a dream weight for me. I'm really short but kinda stocky, so I'm not even hoping for that. The lowest I've weighed in 10 years is 113 when I was on extremely strict keto.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #1668
Major LCF Poster!

Kat you have had great success. Do you eat one meal a day or cms/rm? Also how tall are you? Can you give us an example of your day? what did you eat on Ketogenic diet? I have heard that high fat is best and I seem to lose on it on CAD when I eat high fat meats, etc.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #1669
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kat you have had great success. Do you eat one meal a day or cms/rm? Also how tall are you? Can you give us an example of your day? what did you eat on Ketogenic diet? I have heard that high fat is best and I seem to lose on it on CAD when I eat high fat meats, etc.
Thanks, Oriana. I eat cms/rm because I have always been a three squares or two BIG squares kinda gal. I'm 5'1 and in grad school, I gained until I was 150 lbs. It was an eye opener when I realized I was just a few pounds short of being classified obese, so I started running and eating lean meats, more vegetables, etc. Eventually I got down to 125, and from there I picked up aerial arts and started keto and weighed 113 at one point. Then I met my husband. /fairytaleweight.

Since then I have started keto every time I hit 125-130 in order to nip any big weight gain in the bud, so I've repeatedly lost the same 10 lbs about 10 times over. The last few times, though, I found keto just wasn't working like it used to work. I would get horrendous headaches and the "induction" feeling just wouldn't go away. I randomly stumbled across the carb addict diet when I was researching options, and it's been wonderful since I started. What I like about it is that most diets just tell you what to eat. This diet teaches you HOW to eat. I feel like I could stay on it forever because it's just a common sense way to eat.

Anyway, sorry to write a book-length answer! Long story short, I struggled at the beginning of this diet with slow loss, but once MIW suggested the BB, I switched my RM to lunchtime and found that this helps the loss quite a bit (Thanks, MIW!). I usually end up eating bread of some kind as my RM carbs, or if not bread, then something sweet. I try not to do both on the same day as I find I lose more when I don't--I think that just helps balance the RM. So a typical day might be a ham and cheese sandwich with a caesar salad and some pork skins for my lunch, then meat and vegetables for dinner. I often throw a cheese snack or beef jerky snack in there. If I don't eat the sandwich, I'll add in some kind of dessert like ice cream/pudding at my RM. I also try to limit my Coke Zero habit to during RM.

On keto, I would usually try to force down a few boiled eggs and then bacon for breakfast. Then I might have a chicken salad for lunch. For dinner, I would always try to do something that made me feel like I wasn't being deprived--sometimes I would have cauliflower "rice" or mashed potatoes or low carb crackers and cheese or a frankensugar dessert. I am a beef lover, so I loved being able to eat really fatty meats and not having to worry about it affecting my weight. I would always have to try to fool myself into thinking I was "cheating" to stay keto, though! One of the pluses about keto is that I could still drink on it occasionally. I would just have a couple of whiskeys and club sodas and it never seemed to affect my weight loss. Sorry again for the lengthy answer!

Last edited by KatMck; 12-21-2013 at 09:35 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #1670
Major LCF Poster!

Kat- AWESOME downward trend you and your hubby have got goin' on there! Keep it up. I have been still eating mainly my one meal a day, for breakfast, but due to many changing times: getting up super early for work, etc I have had the occaisional CM. Not sure if coincidence or not but I also seem to be in a stall but I have see it before and am just going to keep on going. I continue to NOT count calories and just eat whatever I want being sure to get fresh fruits and veggies as often as possilbe. I am considering doing a juice fast/combo with my RM's for January but am not 100% sure how I am going to swing it. Mainly I want to cut out the junk carbs for a bit and add in some super phyto nutrients.

Not sure if anyone saw Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead documentary. Was on Netflix. Two guys lost a TON of weight and got rid of some health issues and medicatianons by juicing. Anyway, the main guy mentioned in the doc that even after getting to maintenence that he still juices like one month a year. Got me to thinking how good I felt when I used to juice. I mainly did veggies with a green apple thrown in to make it taste good. You can feel the buzz after getting all those nutrients absorbed! I would also combine with lots of protein and not just juicing as my only nutrition!

MIW
Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #1671
Major LCF Poster!

MiW that is why I kept going back to the fruit diets. I would just plain ol' feel better and would drop 2-3 pounds over night on a fruit/dessert day. I may start up my mono fruit/open dinners to see if it jump starts things too.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #1672
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone read the China Study. I have read both Sick and Nearly Dead and the China Study and both are very informative.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #1673
Major LCF Poster!

MIW would you combine the juice and protein? That may cause some stomach upset. You many have to separate the two.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #1674
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Finally found a motivation that seems to be working. Weekly bet with DH......

Weekly Challenge with DH ends on each Thursday.
This week I am down 4 lbs, DH is down 1 lb.
Still sticking with the challenge with DH. doing ok.

Eating 2 meals per day on most days.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #1675
Senior LCF Member

Whew, finally...I lost just over 4lbs last week that I had been holding onto from the ibuprofen. I did not do CAD last week, I lived on protein smoothies, cottage cheese, eggs etc. I also couldnt exercise, so I was going over my calories quite a bit.

MIW I saw that documentary and wanted to try it. I bought a blender last week for smoothies , I was going to try and mix a bunch of veges in there and get the fiber as well, but I bet it wouldn't work, I would need one of those awesome blenders for that. I have also discovered that I really like to chew...so mentally I think I would fail
Old 12-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #1676
Senior LCF Member

hmmm apparently you can

GREEN JUICE
yield: ABOUT 4 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MIN
INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups water
2 cups kale
2 green apples, cored
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1 medium cucumber, quartered
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
1 (1-inch) piece of ginger, peeled
2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Equipment: blender; fine mesh sieve (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Add all of the ingredients into the blender jug in the order in which they are listed. Blend the ingredients on the highest level setting, such as "liquefy," until the juice is well-blended. (It will be the consistency of a smoothie.)

If you want to enjoy the pulp with your juice, pour the mixture into glasses and serve. If you prefer a thinner consistency, pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, and using a spatula, press the pulp into the sieve to extract as much liquid as possible. Pour the strained juice into glasses and serve.

Kelly's Notes:

I prefer my juice to be pulp-free, so to take it one step further, I like to strain the mixture through cheesecloth and wring out as much liquid as possible. Opt for whatever consistency you prefer, but of course there are additional hearty nutrients in all that pulp.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #1677
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, tell me why I have held on to 4 pounds and suddenly lost in on 6 large Honey Crisp apples in the day and 6 Baby Ruth candy bars for dinner. I used to be on a fruit diet that included my favorite foods too. Do you remember the diet out in the 80's called the Beverly Hills Diet by Judy Mazel. You ate fruit in the day and food at night......open desserts, open Mexican, carbs only, etc. Even on CAD I can't seem to lose unless I eat a heavy fruit based meal.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1678
Major LCF Poster!

I think the best way to incorporate fruit or juice in this diet is to eat it all in one meal. I found that even though I lost weight it triggered hunger. It will be best to include all fruit, and protein in one meal because I could just feel the instant hunger.. I was hungry one hour later. So for me it will be one large Christmas dinner as well as all the other holidays coming up.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #1679
Major LCF Poster!

My husband and I got the basic entry level Breville juicer (from the documentary) at Bed, Bath & Beyond for around $200. You will be dumping A LOT of pulp but we have a huge garden and animals to feed it to. There are plenty of recipes online and some people use the pulp in breads and muffins if you feel bad about the waste. We mainly composted it. Hubby wouldn't tell me how much he lost when he juiced but I lost 17 pounds and was only eating whole foods when I did eat foods.

As to doing a combo off juicing and protein: I eat crazy huge RM's now that are all over the map with veggies, protein, smoothies, dairy, and lots of sugary junk carbs like cookies, chocolate and ice cream. I can't imagine just cutting out the junk carbs would cause an issue.

We got our smoothie blender from Costco when they still sold the Blendtec. Now they sell Vitamix (I think that is the brand). It has a square pitcher and that makes the differnce with blending as the food hits the cornerr and goes back down to the blades. It also jumps the mix up and down (has a special "Smoothie" setting) which basically super blends, then whips it up and adds air into it which gives it that classic smoothie consistency like getting an Orange Julius or smoothie from the mall.

I know when Hubby was juicing it was very noticeable to our co-workers and one went out and got just a cheaper blender type one and did smoothies because he didn't want to waste the pulp and fiber. He lost a bunch of weight and looks very lean and tone now and swears by it. He has been doing smoothies for over 2 years and he puts in veggies like cabbage and broccoli with fruits!

As to the "Mean Green" juice recipe that cyvamp posted it is delicious! We added extra celery and cucumber and the sour green apples give the best taste to the other veggies to make an awesome juice! The theory behind juicing vs. smoothies is supposedly taking out the fiber makes your body absorb the liquid better and the fiber might slow digestion and block some of the nutrients from absorbing. I know I don't get the same "buzz" from my smoothies as I got from when we juiced!

Also- kale you don't get much juice from but it is super nutritious in juice! We got a lot of our veggies in bulk from Cash & Carry for much cheaper. Not organic but still better than the standard american diet!

MIW
Old 12-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #1680
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Okay, tell me why I have held on to 4 pounds and suddenly lost in on 6 large Honey Crisp apples in the day and 6 Baby Ruth candy bars for dinner. I used to be on a fruit diet that included my favorite foods too. Do you remember the diet out in the 80's called the Beverly Hills Diet by Judy Mazel. You ate fruit in the day and food at night......open desserts, open Mexican, carbs only, etc. Even on CAD I can't seem to lose unless I eat a heavy fruit based meal.
That is awesome! Maybe some kind of diuretic effect?

MIW