Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #1621
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Atira
Stats: 267.4/265.2/150
WOE: CALP
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, ladies. I feel "gotten". We have all been in the same trenches. I feel a little calmer today. Yesterday I felt like I was going to melt down all day without my SF decafs and SF chocolates after lunch. It's pretty disgusting how reliant I have gotten on them. I gave myself permission to have dessert with my pizza last night, careful to keep protein way up. I'm sure I won't be eating the same volume after I get used to this WOE. I didn't lose weight today but I didn't gain either. Normally after pizza I'd be up two pounds, so that's a hopeful sign. I'm so happy I found this group. Thanks again for making me feel welcome. Have a great day, all of you.
Atira is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #1622
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I have GOT to get back to CAD eating. It is the only thing that seems to work for weight loss in my world I just have to make excuses when RM is a noon and evening plans come up

Won't even admit to what the scale crept up too, but gonna work on getting it lower!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #1623
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
212 lbs today. Had a large BB rm yesterday and also a large CM lunch. I consider 212 to be satisfactory considering! Today will most likely by my BB RM only day.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #1624
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/108.4/110 as of 07/30/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
I've been hovering around 124.2 and 124.4 this week. It looks like I'll have a nice dip in my average weekly this upcoming week! *crosses fingers*

Lately, my reward meals have included sandwiches or ice cream. I try to choose one category to indulge in--either something savory and carby or sweet and carby. I find when I limit to one or the other that the scale tends to agree with me a little better. Anyone else have this experience? I'm guessing this tactic just helps keep the RM more balanced.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #1625
Junior LCF Member

Hi ladies! I'm down another 2/10ths today. I'm creeping but I'm headed in the right direction. I gather from your posts that this WOE is a slow-and-steady kinda thing, so I'm happy. Best part is that cravings are pretty much gone. I will probably have a much smaller RM tonight than what I've had these first three nights.

MIW - what does the BB stand for? I don't have my book with me here at work.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1626
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I have GOT to get back to CAD eating. It is the only thing that seems to work for weight loss in my world I just have to make excuses when RM is a noon and evening plans come up

Won't even admit to what the scale crept up too, but gonna work on getting it lower!
Did ok today. 1 day at a time.

Bacon for BF. Vegetable beef soup for lunch. Almond snack. Supper was ham slice and lettuce salad with chia seeds. So far, 7 minutes walking.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #1627
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atira View Post
Hi ladies! I'm down another 2/10ths today. I'm creeping but I'm headed in the right direction. I gather from your posts that this WOE is a slow-and-steady kinda thing, so I'm happy. Best part is that cravings are pretty much gone. I will probably have a much smaller RM tonight than what I've had these first three nights.

MIW - what does the BB stand for? I don't have my book with me here at work.
BB is the Big Breakfast Diet. I actually do a combo of many insulin resistant eating programs with CAD/CALP being my base. I do a one hour RM for breakfast. The Heller's went on to write a book (their most recent) called The Stress Eating Cure. They based a lot of their newer info off the BB diet that was writen by an endocrinologist. Basically for certain types of people they found it is better to eat the large meal and more importantly CARBS for your earlry meal of the day. Someone else named Oriana here was having good results so I gave it a try. Also I do intermittent fasting and in fact most days will just eat my RM only.

MIW- btw I am in WA also near Tacoma/Olympia areas
Old 12-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #1628
Major LCF Poster!

OK 209.6 POUNDS TODAY!!! Very happy to be on track. I know it will be some time before it is my weekly avg wt but nice to see it pop in more and more during daily wts

MIW
Old 12-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1629
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
I've been hovering around 124.2 and 124.4 this week. It looks like I'll have a nice dip in my average weekly this upcoming week! *crosses fingers*

Lately, my reward meals have included sandwiches or ice cream. I try to choose one category to indulge in--either something savory and carby or sweet and carby. I find when I limit to one or the other that the scale tends to agree with me a little better. Anyone else have this experience? I'm guessing this tactic just helps keep the RM more balanced.
I found my "perfect" BB RM that I seem to do well on and there are a couple of variations. The thing I notice the most is just keeping the meals consistent. The more I change things or switch it up it takes time for my metabolism to adjust and can throw a monkey wrench ino things for a few days or even couple of weeks some times... Especially moving RM time around!!!

So glad for you on your weight! I bet you are looking and feeling great! IDK what I'd do with myself if I even got into the 120's! I remember being around 130-140 when I was 17 and felt soooo awesome

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 12-13-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #1630
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Bacon for BF. Vegetable beef soup for lunch. Almond snack. Supper was ham slice and lettuce salad with chia seeds. So far, 7 minutes walking.
Sounds like you are doing great! Are you doing the recovery plan or easing back in? Where are the carbs????? LOL!!

MIW
Old 12-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #1631
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
BB is the Big Breakfast Diet. I actually do a combo of many insulin resistant eating programs with CAD/CALP being my base. I do a one hour RM for breakfast. The Heller's went on to write a book (their most recent) called The Stress Eating Cure. They based a lot of their newer info off the BB diet that was writen by an endocrinologist. Basically for certain types of people they found it is better to eat the large meal and more importantly CARBS for your earlry meal of the day. Someone else named Oriana here was having good results so I gave it a try. Also I do intermittent fasting and in fact most days will just eat my RM only.

MIW- btw I am in WA also near Tacoma/Olympia areas
Thanks for clearing that up for me, MIW. I've been fascinated for a long time by all the science behind low-carb eating and fasting. It's clear to me that controlling the insulin spikes is critical. I tried several variants of fasting and they all tweaked my psychological triggers so bad I could not stay on them. It's cool that you've found a combination of strategies that is working so well for you. I do love breakfast foods - eggs are my favorite - but I'm happy with a small protein-based breakfast. Now, if we're talking eggs Benedict for dinner, that's a different story. Yummy! I love that I am learning not to snack all day and to put off having carbs. That hour long window is plenty of time to eat to my heart's content. I stuffed myself last night and was still down 1.2 pounds this morning. Yes!

By the way, I'm down here in the southwest corner of the state just northwest of Vancouver.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #1632
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Hi iakaren - I had the same question as MIW. Are you skipping carbs altogether? I LOVE bacon too. I get the bags of real crumbles at Costco and use them in salads or on eggs. I could definitely just eat the stuff straight out of the bag.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #1633
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buddy22
atira,thanks for mentioning Costco had precooked bacon you can put on salads,etc.,I didn't know that and will have to get some.i love bacon,but hate cooking it.im a Spokane girl.
buddy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #1634
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy22 View Post
atira,thanks for mentioning Costco had precooked bacon you can put on salads,etc.,I didn't know that and will have to get some.i love bacon,but hate cooking it.im a Spokane girl.
Hi Buddy22. Another Washingtonian. How cool. Yeah, that Costco crumbled bacon isn't cheap but I use it sparingly just to add flavor, and it sure is worth it not to deal with the mess. I wish they had an emoticon eating bacon.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #1635
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Buddy22. Another Washingtonian. How cool. Yeah, that Costco crumbled bacon isn't cheap but I use it sparingly just to add flavor, and it sure is worth it not to deal with the mess. I wish they had an emoticon eating bacon.
IDK if any of you go to Hour Power #5 (google) it is another CAD forum similar (VERY very similar) to this one. Patriciakr is on there and she is also from WA and has lost 130 pounds following CALP. There are many success stories out there! Yes the weight loss is slow but..

it is because this is not a gimmicky crash diet that wastes away skeletal muscle through calorie deprivation. You just do not have insulin floating around in huge amounts constantly storing everything you eat to fat. You can eat real amounts and real foods and if you follow the rules instead of storing fat you will actually convert it to muscle and burn it!

MIW
Old 12-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #1636
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi iakaren - I had the same question as MIW. Are you skipping carbs altogether? I LOVE bacon too. I get the bags of real crumbles at Costco and use them in salads or on eggs. I could definitely just eat the stuff straight out of the bag.
Actually the veg beef soup has some. Jumpstart to get cravings down.

This morning bacon
Lunch Veg Beef soup--no crackers
Supper is T-Bone and slice pecan pie.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1637
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buddy22
thanks for the info makeitwork,its so encouraging to read about all the cad followers out there!you are especially inspiring to read,so please don't stop posting!
buddy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #1638
Junior LCF Member

A quick checkin this rainy Saturday. (Thank God it's over 40 degrees out there again!) I am just loving this WOE! I didn't lose anything overnight, but I didn't gain either, despite eating exactly what I wanted for dinner. Yum, yum! And I love the sense of control I'm gaining during the day not having the constant sips and nips of sugar free stuff that was no doubt triggering insulin. I also don't snack at night at all. When my reward meal is done, so am I, which is way different than it used to be. By eating exactly what I want, as much as I want (balanced), I find I don't crave snacky stuff in the evenings at all. Who knew?
Tonight I'm going out with my son. We're going to visit friends who happen to be bar tenders at two different locations. I'll be the designated driver, but who knows? I might just have a chocolaty-minty-yummy hot drink of some kind as part of my RM. Have I mentioned I love this WOE?
Hope you're all having a great weekend.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #1639
Big Yapper!!!!

Been good today, and restaurant tonight....see what the scale says tomorrow, but I know it is okay. Salt might get me, but I am starving right now, and waiting to go eat supper!!

Am having much better luck staying on plan since made weight loss bet with DH. See who can lose more weight....
Old 12-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight I am having a dinner CM (maybe a large snack?) of a couple ounces of various fancy cheeses, a large elk pepperoni stick, and 1/5 head of fresh cabbage. cooking up a big batch of rabbit stew but couldn't wait plus it will have carbs in it so saving that for BB RM tomorrow!

MIW
Old 12-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #1641
Junior LCF Member

Woo-hoo! Down another pound after a great RM last night. And NO CRAVINGS during the day. I would not have thought that possible. So glad I discovered this WOE. Happy Sunday to you all.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #1642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi gang, I am liking my 2 cms/1 rm for the time being. I like the change and looking forward to a meal at night for a change. I don't know when I'll go back to my big breakfasts as I am liking the losses right now on CAD with cms/rm. I looked back at the earlier days of this thread and both MIW and I were losing nicely and eating abundantly so I am not worried. It is nice for the holidays too. Tomorrow is coffee with cream and cheese for breakfast. Lunch roast beef on a huge salad and a diet pepsi. Reward dinner to be determined.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #1643
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 166/161.6/145
WOE: CAD
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
I am just a mess, I let stress from the financial, fear as well as pain from my tooth derail me quite badly. I am getting it fixed tomorrow finally, its been 4 weeks with tooth pain. I have also taken motrin round the clock and it swells me up like crazy, but I have no choice. I have been working out the best I can, but the scale just keeps climbing. I am going to get back on track today, and tomorrow I cant eat till after 4, so a nice long fast I guess lol.
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #1644
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
I am just a mess, I let stress from the financial, fear as well as pain from my tooth derail me quite badly. I am getting it fixed tomorrow finally, its been 4 weeks with tooth pain. I have also taken motrin round the clock and it swells me up like crazy, but I have no choice. I have been working out the best I can, but the scale just keeps climbing. I am going to get back on track today, and tomorrow I cant eat till after 4, so a nice long fast I guess lol.
Just hang in there and do was is easiest for you to get through this time. This WOE is very flexible so just do your best

MIW
Old 12-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #1645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I found my "perfect" BB RM that I seem to do well on and there are a couple of variations. The thing I notice the most is just keeping the meals consistent. The more I change things or switch it up it takes time for my metabolism to adjust and can throw a monkey wrench ino things for a few days or even couple of weeks some times... Especially moving RM time around!!!

So glad for you on your weight! I bet you are looking and feeling great! IDK what I'd do with myself if I even got into the 120's! I remember being around 130-140 when I was 17 and felt soooo awesome

MIW
I am really taking this to heart as it seems to be how it works with me too. I was doing so well last week and had an average of 124.4 and three days at 124.2. This weekend I left town to help a friend who's moving her aerial studio to a bigger and better location. I just didn't watch it as much as I usually do and changed around some meal times, ate at a couple of restaurants, and now I'm back up to 126.6 today. So depressing!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #1646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
Good luck with the tooth tomorrow. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #1647
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CADDAD
Still hangin in there. Weight loss is slow but hey at least I'm not gaining. Time to start hitting the gym! This morning I was 217...I really enjoy eating what I want once a day.
CADDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #1648
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Well, 2 days on this WOE, and it sure is nice to not be hungry all the time. Got 2 books, the original and the life plan, and I think so far the original CAD is best right now, think they both will require study. Scale did crawl down, actually 7 lbs, but I was retaining a lot of water, that feels really good to be gone, too, will see what a week brings......Does anyone know if they ever allow protein powdered drinks, I have a bunch on hand, could easily not use them..but would like to know if they are allowed at all.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #1649
Big Yapper!!!!

Hangin in here. So far DH and I are both down 2.5 lbs, so no one winning this bet yet!!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #1650
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Well, 2 days on this WOE, and it sure is nice to not be hungry all the time. Got 2 books, the original and the life plan, and I think so far the original CAD is best right now, think they both will require study. Scale did crawl down, actually 7 lbs, but I was retaining a lot of water, that feels really good to be gone, too, will see what a week brings......Does anyone know if they ever allow protein powdered drinks, I have a bunch on hand, could easily not use them..but would like to know if they are allowed at all.
Protein drinks are not allowed for CM's if that is what you are asking. They are allowed during RM hour. ANYTHING is allowed during RM hour. Go to the first page of the thread. Someone took the time to type out the entire list of acceptable foods for CM's (extensive). This isn't like other "low carb" diets like atkin's or carb counting that lets one eat junk and chemicals. All those things will still cause too much insulin to surge.

MIW