Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #1591
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy22 View Post
hi everybody!havent started cad yet,but was wondering if anyone has has noticed less acid reflux with this way of eating?
LC or CAD and I saw less acid reflux.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #1592
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buddy22
thanks iakaren!ive heard a few people say it helped stop the heartburn,and they didn't need to take antacid anymore.sure hope it works for me!
buddy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #1593
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy22 View Post
thanks iakaren!ive heard a few people say it helped stop the heartburn,and they didn't need to take antacid anymore.sure hope it works for me!
Just eating LC back in 2006 fixed the antacids for me. Never realized how many carbs I really consumed.

Now I have gone thru LC, CAD, IF.....trying to find what really fits me. But I have not used an antacid since 2006!!

No wonder the world doesn't approve of any diet that reduces carbs. Death to drugs....???
Old 12-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #1594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 171.5/150.6/145
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
I see that with my parents and inlaws, my god, the amount of drugs these people take. My father in law is diabetic and has heart issues...he does not change his diet, his waist is well over 50 inches and he continues to eat horribly, and sweets too...craziness
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #1595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Anyone else dealing with cravings lately? It's my TOM and I tell you today it has my head playing tricks on me. "Come on, one cheat meal won't hurt anything." "You've been so good." "It's ok to splurge during your perdiod." etc etc. Having some hot chamomile and peppermint tea which I swear takes away cravings for me well. I am not even hungry and today did have a huge breakfast RM and a lunch CM. I've got my entire meal picked out: large bowl of ice cream, peanut butter cookie that is a big as my head from the convenience store down the road, and a large Cadburry Caramel chocolate bar. Gonna white knuckle through the evening but I know I can't give in and let my hyperinsulinemia win this battle!

MIW
Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #1596
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Anyone else dealing with cravings lately? It's my TOM and I tell you today it has my head playing tricks on me. "Come on, one cheat meal won't hurt anything." "You've been so good." "It's ok to splurge during your perdiod." etc etc. Having some hot chamomile and peppermint tea which I swear takes away cravings for me well. I am not even hungry and today did have a huge breakfast RM and a lunch CM. I've got my entire meal picked out: large bowl of ice cream, peanut butter cookie that is a big as my head from the convenience store down the road, and a large Cadburry Caramel chocolate bar. Gonna white knuckle through the evening but I know I can't give in and let my hyperinsulinemia win this battle!

MIW
I believe sometimes cravings are related to large weather fronts moving thru. People often eat lots before a blizzard. Instincts cannot be denied....
Old 12-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #1597
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I believe sometimes cravings are related to large weather fronts moving thru. People often eat lots before a blizzard. Instincts cannot be denied....
Interesting. It has been super duper cold here this last couple of days! Was 16 deg this morning when we got up.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #1598
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Interesting. It has been super duper cold here this last couple of days! Was 16 deg this morning when we got up.

MIW
We watch people and livestock. Kids eating patterns especially follow the way cattle eat. (before other exteriors factors affect patterns)

We could predict winter weather by how our youngest daughter ate.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #1599
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Don't you burn more calories if it is cold in order to keep the body warm? If that is so why don't we lose instead of gain weight? Maybe the body is trying to keep fat on to keep it warm.
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #1600
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Don't you burn more calories if it is cold in order to keep the body warm? If that is so why don't we lose instead of gain weight? Maybe the body is trying to keep fat on to keep it warm.
That is exactly right. The body/mind knows a storm is coming, and urges a person to eat before the storm gets here. During the storm, back in time or livestock, they can't get out to forage--hence eat before it gets here.

Sometimes the cravings are not triggered by something we did, in my humble opinion Mother Nature still controls some things.....

And if we were out in the cold, or scooping snow and battling the elements, we probably would lose weight during storms.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #1601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 08/21/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:

MIW
Yeeeessssss. This week has not been great for me. I'm holding between 125.2-6, but I just feel so bloated and cranky and like I'm not getting anywhere again, even though I'm being really strict with myself after Thanksgiving weekend. I'm going to blame my time of the month being here.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #1602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
We watch people and livestock. Kids eating patterns especially follow the way cattle eat. (before other exteriors factors affect patterns)

We could predict winter weather by how our youngest daughter ate.
Oh my goodness, fascinating!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:

MIW
MIW, I have found I can't fast for a day or two during TOM. I have to eat throughout the day. I can keep it low-carb, but I can't fast.

And yes, today and yesterday I'm dealing with over the top PMS cravings. Yesterday I told myself, "You can have it during your eating window tomorrow!" So today I treated myself to some guacamole and even dark chocolate.

You're an inspiration!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #1604
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all. I am trying to keep it together. I did have some scale jumps since I fasted all day then couldn't take it anymore and had some protein before bed. It always makes me retain so much water unfortunately now... Oh well new week tomorrow! LOL

MIW
Old 12-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #1605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW did you fast differently than you have been or something? Why do you think the scale jumped? I am having a cm this week of cheese and coffee with cream for breakfast and rm dinners this week as I have been asked out a lot. We'll see if it jumpstarts things.
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #1606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 171.5/150.6/145
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
So quiet here lately, I found out my tooth needs a root canal..shoot me lol. My kids are in a year round school and on track out, so I cant go outside for a run or walk, they are home till Jan 3rd. My treadmill is broken so I am doing the best I can with walk away the pounds videos, I struggle because videos bore the crap outta me. I have been using headphones with music I like and just following the moves. Its hard to be motivated with tooth pain, and the round the clock ibuprophen leaves me so swollen, even the legs in my pants are tight, kinda bumms me out. For all the repair needed in my mouth, its 5000 , so thats depressing too, and thats after insurance. I have horrible enamel from being anorexic and bulimic for 7 years

I know it will bet better soon, just have to be patient
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #1607
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
So quiet here lately, I found out my tooth needs a root canal..shoot me lol. My kids are in a year round school and on track out, so I cant go outside for a run or walk, they are home till Jan 3rd. My treadmill is broken so I am doing the best I can with walk away the pounds videos, I struggle because videos bore the crap outta me. I have been using headphones with music I like and just following the moves. Its hard to be motivated with tooth pain, and the round the clock ibuprophen leaves me so swollen, even the legs in my pants are tight, kinda bumms me out. For all the repair needed in my mouth, its 5000 , so thats depressing too, and thats after insurance. I have horrible enamel from being anorexic and bulimic for 7 years

I sure wish you the best and hope it all works out well for you I had to have all 4 wisdoms out at once but it wasn't too bad since they came in like regular molars and my doctor had them all out in about 20 minutes. Just take care of yourself and you are worth it.

MIW
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #1608
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW did you fast differently than you have been or something? Why do you think the scale jumped? I am having a cm this week of cheese and coffee with cream for breakfast and rm dinners this week as I have been asked out a lot. We'll see if it jumpstarts things.
IDK what the deal is but it is irritating the hell out of me. Today I was 213.4 lbs and off TOM. Usually I get real dry after. Maybe it's all my 3000 calorie meals catching up to me or somethiing? LOL

I haven't messed with RM time too much last week. My few days back to work always throw a monkey wrench into timing and when I get to weigh myself so I will wait and let it sort itself out I suppose.

MIW
Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post

Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on! Stress has a huge effect on the scale for me. I had a not-too-good week last week, going up to 127 after a low of 123 the week before. Today started off much better with 124.8, but the rollercoaster changes on the scale are making my head spin.

I'm sending good thoughts yours and MIW's way. Is it just me, or is the end of the year always really stressful? I thought holidays were supposed to be fun!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #1610
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on! Stress has a huge effect on the scale for me. I had a not-too-good week last week, going up to 127 after a low of 123 the week before. Today started off much better with 124.8, but the rollercoaster changes on the scale are making my head spin.

I'm sending good thoughts yours and MIW's way. Is it just me, or is the end of the year always really stressful? I thought holidays were supposed to be fun!
Thank you and positive thoughts to you as well! In fact I wish everyone smooth sailing and a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!!!

I think there is something to the stress. We have tried to have a low key Thanksgiving and Christmas this year which is helping but this time of year in hospitals is always the worst so me and Hubby are feeling the srain. It does trigger other hormones like cortisol too so you know that makes a person store fat and puff up with water! Hahahah

MIW
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Have ordered the books on Amazon, have some time to muse about all the different types of Lowcarb plans I've used, what worked and what didn't. I really think that this is what I need at this time in my life...Any lowcarb plan keeps me from gaining, but I don't lose much on some of them.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #1612
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you and positive thoughts to you as well! In fact I wish everyone smooth sailing and a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!!!

I think there is something to the stress. We have tried to have a low key Thanksgiving and Christmas this year which is helping but this time of year in hospitals is always the worst so me and Hubby are feeling the srain. It does trigger other hormones like cortisol too so you know that makes a person store fat and puff up with water! Hahahah

MIW
Hospitals and eating around them is awful. My mom has been in/out and recovering since July, and it has taken a real toll on my scale and my mental attitude.....
Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #1613
Major LCF Poster!

Fewwww, 211.2 lbs today. Glad to be back in that territory! Posted my last 2 day's meals on The Big Breakfast Diet thread. I can't figure out how to cut and paste on my smart phone or I'd post it here too.

MIW
Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #1614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hi everyone.. I wanted to stop and say hello.. sounds like you are all doing ok, I know we have our ups and downs, but we will get where we want to go if we keep on.. I'm not at home now, have been visiting my grown up daughter in sunny Tn., the only thing is, it's not sunny. ha ha . we've had ice a few times, so I haven't been getting out to do much.. I have to tell you tho, I am now more of a believer than ever about the CAD/CALP way of eating. . I haven't been able to get the kind of protein in meals that I got used to, why?, well because apparently the rest of the world doesn't eat that way.. I had no idea , I mean they eat good stuff, just not nearly as much protein..Im going to get some protein powder as soon as I can get out, and that will help me a lot I think.. The best to all of you nice people, I want to check in sometimes and read your posts to keep me inspired..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1615
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Atira
Stats: 267.4/265.2/150
WOE: CALP
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Hi Guys: I started CALP yesterday, after having the book on my shelf for several years. I've done many variations of low carb eating plans over the years, and I know carbs are my biggest challenge, so controlling them is key. I hope it's cool if I hang out here and give/get a little daily support. The hardest thing so far, here on day two, is not having my stevia-sweetened, creamy decaf to sip on. I can see I have come to depend on that slow "drip" of sweetness throughout the day. And sugar free chocolates as well. How did you all wean yourself off that stuff? Cold turkey? It was news to me that stevia causes an insulin response, but that may explain why I've struggled so to keep my weight from getting even farther away from me.
I just regained 20 pounds that I had worked very hard to lose following treatment for endometrial cancer. In case you are not aware, that's a type of cancer that is directly related to being overweight. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I got my disgnosis in August 2 years ago. Despite my size, I've always been healthy. But how long can good genes prop a person up? I've got a new little grand daughter whom I adore, an adult special needs son, and a writing career that is beginning to take off, so lots of good reasons to stick around. I just need a program that makes sense and some camaraderie while I'm doing it. CALP seems to fit that bill. Hope I've come to the right place.
Whew! That's my schpiel. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.
Atira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #1616
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atira View Post
Hi Guys: I started CALP yesterday, after having the book on my shelf for several years. I've done many variations of low carb eating plans over the years, and I know carbs are my biggest challenge, so controlling them is key. I hope it's cool if I hang out here and give/get a little daily support. The hardest thing so far, here on day two, is not having my stevia-sweetened, creamy decaf to sip on. I can see I have come to depend on that slow "drip" of sweetness throughout the day. And sugar free chocolates as well. How did you all wean yourself off that stuff? Cold turkey? It was news to me that stevia causes an insulin response, but that may explain why I've struggled so to keep my weight from getting even farther away from me.
I just regained 20 pounds that I had worked very hard to lose following treatment for endometrial cancer. In case you are not aware, that's a type of cancer that is directly related to being overweight. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I got my disgnosis in August 2 years ago. Despite my size, I've always been healthy. But how long can good genes prop a person up? I've got a new little grand daughter whom I adore, an adult special needs son, and a writing career that is beginning to take off, so lots of good reasons to stick around. I just need a program that makes sense and some camaraderie while I'm doing it. CALP seems to fit that bill. Hope I've come to the right place.
Welcome!

You are definitely in the right place. All of us here have the same ups and downs with weight. I can honestly say this is for life for me and the easiest most enjoyable eating plan ever! Be prepared for slow results but also no hunger of cravings which is awesome. I was a constant gum chewer and iced mocha sipper and and snacker at work so I can relate. Just get through the first couple of days then it will all fall into place.

MIW
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #1617
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Hi everyone.. I wanted to stop and say hello.. sounds like you are all doing ok, I know we have our ups and downs, but we will get where we want to go if we keep on.. I'm not at home now, have been visiting my grown up daughter in sunny Tn., the only thing is, it's not sunny. ha ha . we've had ice a few times, so I haven't been getting out to do much.. I have to tell you tho, I am now more of a believer than ever about the CAD/CALP way of eating. . I haven't been able to get the kind of protein in meals that I got used to, why?, well because apparently the rest of the world doesn't eat that way.. I had no idea , I mean they eat good stuff, just not nearly as much protein..Im going to get some protein powder as soon as I can get out, and that will help me a lot I think.. The best to all of you nice people, I want to check in sometimes and read your posts to keep me inspired..
Hi jaymar we've missed you!!! Glad to know you have a plan for more protein...

MIW
Old 12-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #1618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I completely sympathize with you. I love those stevia (and even splenda) sweeteners. I thought they were a free pass to taste sweet things! But I do notice that since I started this WOE, I've been able to make a connection between those fake sugars and the way I feel afterwards, and it's not good. With that said, I still have a dessert occasionally with my RM, but I now understand what was wrong with my prior thinking. I've always been the type who could have just a little bit of sweet. What's the harm if I only have two squares of chocolate? The problem is that I wanted to have a little bit of sweet with every meal! Now that I understand about the insulin response, it makes a lot of sense that my cravings have finally started leaving on this WOE. I just didn't know that I was setting myself up for failure everytime.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #1619
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
I completely sympathize with you. I love those stevia (and even splenda) sweeteners. I thought they were a free pass to taste sweet things! But I do notice that since I started this WOE, I've been able to make a connection between those fake sugars and the way I feel afterwards, and it's not good. With that said, I still have a dessert occasionally with my RM, but I now understand what was wrong with my prior thinking. I've always been the type who could have just a little bit of sweet. What's the harm if I only have two squares of chocolate? The problem is that I wanted to have a little bit of sweet with every meal! Now that I understand about the insulin response, it makes a lot of sense that my cravings have finally started leaving on this WOE. I just didn't know that I was setting myself up for failure everytime.
Sounds like exactly how I work, too! And working on reducing the sweets and fake sweets!!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #1620
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Still working on weaning off the SF stuff. Love my sweets too. Never thought of slow-drip sweets...