Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #1531
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I have been trying low carb in some form or another since 2006. I can only eat so many eggs, and haven't found any "new" ways of fixing them.
Omelets or scrambled only go so far

So far today, I am on track to meet the daily goals. Still need to jog for few minutes and spinach salad for supper. DH will have to survive on leftover potato soup...... Just going to get ice water for the afternoon now.
Think about me if you need to. You can even send me a private message and I'll send you my email. I think about all of you so much and these forums and support and ideas of all the ways to make this woe work for each of us keeps me going and motivated. I think 10 days max out of 365 of not being on plan speaks for itself. I have never turned a diet into a lifelong eating plan even when I did cad back in 1998. I know the difference this time around is the support forums.

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #1532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/expecting!/110 as of 09/24/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
It's so great not to count calories. I've tried so many diets and I've always found that the worst were always the ones where I count calories. Then I just starve and tell myself "well, at least I can have one 100 calorie cookie rather than having nothing!" And then after a few weeks or months, I'm so tired of starving that I convince myself that I don't give a flip how much I weigh, I'm not counting calories!

I'm still doing pretty well--much better now that the past three days have been low 127. Slowly but surely! I am, however, frankly pissed at my husband (not really, but you'll see what I mean). He loses sooooo much faster than me that it makes me ill. We've been on the diet for three weeks now and I've lost a little over 2 lbs. He, on the other hand, started at 196 three weeks ago and was 186 today. GAH!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Measurements...

Good idea on the measurements! I finally found my tape measure, so I will write down measurements this week. I'm also cleaning out my closet, and I'm sooooo shocked about how many clothes of different sizes I have. I'm giving much of it away - keeping the nice items. I'm busting out of my fat clothes, so I can't give those away yet!!

On a facebook group, someone informed me that brussel sprouts are not a CM veggie. They are for me! I have them all the time for CM without issue...

Allison
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #1534
Major LCF Poster!

Ya you just got to see what triggers insulin or doesnt. I can have brocoli and sweet bell peppers no problems. Some people can have diet soda, cottage cheese or even yogurt! Most can have coffee. I cant even have black decaf or it will trigger weight gain. Just do you due diligence and be honest with yourself at cms and you will do ok!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #1535
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Ya you just got to see what triggers insulin or doesnt. I can have brocoli and sweet bell peppers no problems. Some people can have diet soda, cottage cheese or even yogurt! Most can have coffee. I cant even have black decaf or it will trigger weight gain. Just do you due diligence and be honest with yourself at cms and you will do ok!

MIW
SF drinks are death for me. But I have a tough time staying away from them, in one form or another But I do recognize that I lose much better without them. And they have the opposite affect for others...
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #1536
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CADDAD
I do ok with a little cream in my coffee but most days I just drink it black and within 15 minutes!
CADDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #1537
Junior LCF Member

Well I'm doing better and CAD is helping to control the cravings. Last night someone reached out to me and I politely let them know that CAD really works for me when I'm serious and stay accountable...So here I am! I liked some of the concepts I learned from that program but I wasn't able to stay on it because I always knew that when I'd actually stick with CAD it always worked for me in the past. I messed last Wednesday at a social gathering but got back on the wagon the next day. Glad I did too cause eating this way is simply the best way I've found that works best for me and it works even better when I stay away from beer! This morning I was 218.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #1538
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Well then...

So I couldn't stay off the scale this morning.

I am down 1.2 pounds since a couple of days ago. My total weightloss is 6 pounds since my all time high. That's a start!

I was thinking, if I added up all the weight I've lost over the years, I think it would total about 220!!! So If I could just stay the course until I reach my goal and then not go back to unhealthy habits, I'll be successful!!

I've never in my life lost more than 30 pounds at one time... So I'm not someone who can say I lost 100 and gained it back!! But I've lost 10-25 many times and gained back that plus some... Plus gained about 10 pounds per year for several years. It adds up!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Menu:

CM: Cauliflower, cheese, and atkins chili
CM: squash and steak
CM snack: ??
RM ???
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
Hey fellow Cadders! I'm hanging on.......trying to lose 20lbs of FAT Fell off the wagon slightly, but still on the wagon...LOL I'm excited to be embracing CAD.....
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 171.5/150.6/145
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
I want to lose a little faster so I have decided to switch up my work outs a bit, and make lighter versions of desserts..I eat way to much of it since CAD lol. Amazing you can still lose weight eating blizzards but, I would like to lose a bit faster.
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #1541
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADDAD View Post
Well I'm doing better and CAD is helping to control the cravings. Last night someone reached out to me and I politely let them know that CAD really works for me when I'm serious and stay accountable...So here I am! I liked some of the concepts I learned from that program but I wasn't able to stay on it because I always knew that when I'd actually stick with CAD it always worked for me in the past. I messed last Wednesday at a social gathering but got back on the wagon the next day. Glad I did too cause eating this way is simply the best way I've found that works best for me and it works even better when I stay away from beer! This morning I was 218.
Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats and welcome! For me this has been the easiest year and I am never getting back on the diet roller coaster merry go round again. It is very easy for me to tell people what I do and why I do it because I have done them all and I know the science behind eating for insulin resistance and I can see plainly that it works. I am fine with slow and steady. I am not changing my usual activites yet as I am not commited to doing it for life and there is an exercise roller coaster too. I go through fits and bursts and will likely continue that same pattern forever.

MIW
Old 11-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #1542
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Hey fellow Cadders! I'm hanging on.......trying to lose 20lbs of FAT Fell off the wagon slightly, but still on the wagon...LOL I'm excited to be embracing CAD.....
Welcome back!!!! You are almost to goal!!! How have you been? I am doing big breakfast RMs
now and eating quite a bit more calories and carbs than even when I first started and still losing.

MIW
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #1543
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats and welcome! For me this has been the easiest year and I am never getting back on the diet roller coaster merry go round again. It is very easy for me to tell people what I do and why I do it because I have done them all and I know the science behind eating for insulin resistance and I can see plainly that it works. I am fine with slow and steady. I am not changing my usual activites yet as I am not commited to doing it for life and there is an exercise roller coaster too. I go through fits and bursts and will likely continue that same pattern forever.

MIW
Thanks Make it Work...Sounds good to me! Yeah I always know that CAD is what works the best for me. Its great to be able to know that others like yourself and the others here feel that way as well. I just have to watch the late night cravings and opt for the allowed options which is pretty easy to do on CAD because we know we are not too far away from our next Reward meal...I can live with that. As a matter of fact if you put all the other diets in the world together in a big circle I'd gladly grab CAD and Run away with it!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #1544
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
I want to lose a little faster so I have decided to switch up my work outs a bit, and make lighter versions of desserts..I eat way to much of it since CAD lol. Amazing you can still lose weight eating blizzards but, I would like to lose a bit faster.
What kind of exercise are you switching to? I love exercise shop talk--I teach fitness classes! You would think I'd have fewer problems staying fit. Then again, I'm looking for a lifestyle change at this point. I'm sick of losing 10 lbs, gaining it back, losing 10 lbs, gaining 15 back, etc.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #1545
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADDAD View Post
Thanks Make it Work...Sounds good to me! Yeah I always know that CAD is what works the best for me. Its great to be able to know that others like yourself and the others here feel that way as well. I just have to watch the late night cravings and opt for the allowed options which is pretty easy to do on CAD because we know we are not too far away from our next Reward meal...I can live with that. As a matter of fact if you put all the other diets in the world together in a big circle I'd gladly grab CAD and Run away with it!
If you have late night craving here are a couple of suggestions: start eating more at RMs and CMs. Sounds counterproductive but it will work. My weight loss is slow but it is still loss and I eat like a man. Second, read The Stress Eating Cure and The Big Breakfast Diet. It took my body a while to adjust but now I eat all my carbs for breakfast and very rarely get cravings, let alone hunger later. It is not for everyone I know because of giving up dinners out and with family but there is a science behind it and how it controls other stress hormones that can cause cravings and weight gain besides insulin.

MIW
Old 11-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #1546
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
What kind of exercise are you switching to? I love exercise shop talk--I teach fitness classes! You would think I'd have fewer problems staying fit. Then again, I'm looking for a lifestyle change at this point. I'm sick of losing 10 lbs, gaining it back, losing 10 lbs, gaining 15 back, etc.
Hey it is because of the hyperinsulinemia so dont get down on yourself! Dr. Peter Attia is a triathelete that could not lose the last 30 pounds no matter how much exercise and low cal, low fat he did. He is now ripped and chiseled because he eats for his insulin resistance and eats high fat, high calorie. Oriana told me about his site eating academy. Very interesting!

MIW
Old 11-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #1547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
doing well. I LOVE CAD I do CM CM RM and do well with that.

I was hanging on the wagon for a while because I was eating outside of my RM hour.....Definitely on track now. I'm close to goal--but it seems soooo far off.

DAY by DAY Hour by Hour!

You guys are doing so awesome!!! Loved catching up with my post reading.

Trying to get walking in too. Walking my dog is my exercise. Can't seem to fit anything else in right now.
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Hey it is because of the hyperinsulinemia so dont get down on yourself! Dr. Peter Attia is a triathelete that could not lose the last 30 pounds no matter how much exercise and low cal, low fat he did. He is now ripped and chiseled because he eats for his insulin resistance and eats high fat, high calorie. Oriana told me about his site eating academy. Very interesting!

MIW
Old 11-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

My treadmill is on the fritz so I am doing videos like tae bo and walk away the pounds, coupled with walks outside. Exercise for me is not just for weight loss, it makes me feel good, and peppy. I feel sluggish all day when I don't. I also like the legs it gives me
Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #1550
Senior LCF Member

I really want to do some of the fun dance ones, but I am so uncoordinated, I have to stick to tae bo lol...even watching Zumba I am like what!! My body has no idea even how to make that movement lol
Old 11-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #1551
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, MIW! I'm going to have to check that out. I used the TaeBo 8 minute tape for a long time with great success. I have a very short attention span, which is why I usually do best with dancey fitness. I still like to pop in the TaeBo 8 minute every now and then. That man will make me weep in 8 minutes!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #1552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Menus for today? I had a cm of cheese and coffee with HWC. Then I had my breakfast after that!!! I had steak, salad, ice cream again. Love meat!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #1553
Major LCF Poster!

My laptop is crashed so it takes me forever to tap tap tap out on my nook or samsung tablet. But for you Oriano I will. Lol

Today was roast beef
24 oz fruit smoothie
16 oz ice crm milkshake with coffee
4 choc chip cookies
3 pecan clusters

Did a lot of work on the RV getting it winterized, another vehicle washed and cleaned to sell it and some barn chores. Definately go go go today and with plenty of energy! Then cleaned the house, got some food ready for a big lunch potluck for tomorrow. I will save RM for then but will probably start eating around 10am so not too bad. My shift starts at 6 am!

I am bringing chili dogs!!!!!!

My reward today after working so hard and back was sore was the longest hot bath and a head to toe body scrub. My skin is sooooooo smooth. Then did teeth whitening and some yoga stretches. Changed the sheets on the bed so my skin should like that. Lol

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 11-21-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #1554
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Menus for today? I had a cm of cheese and coffee with HWC. Then I had my breakfast after that!!! I had steak, salad, ice cream again. Love meat!
I did 4 slice bacon BF
Out of town, so Big Mac Meal for lunch
1 bowl chili for supper--no crackers.

With all that salt, I figured salt would affect. But scale actually went down a little.

Friday--BF sausage and eggs
Rest to be determined.

But I have started tracking goals by week. That way I don't get overwhelmed and can stick to something......anything.....
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #1555
Senior LCF Member

I actually tried running yesterday..outside!! lol. I managed 30 mins..I cant move today lol. My RM last night was steak, scalloped potatos , green beans, and some sf pudding, I am on a pudding kick, and a couple caramels
Old 11-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #1556
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
I actually tried running yesterday..outside!! lol. I managed 30 mins..I cant move today lol. My RM last night was steak, scalloped potatos , green beans, and some sf pudding, I am on a pudding kick, and a couple caramels
Good for you. keep it up!

....I am only fitting in 10-15 minutes, cause that way I don't get sore.

I also did a few minutes on weight machine this morning.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #1557
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all that is awesome and keep it up! SOP today but instead of BB rm i had my large lunch potluck at work of chili dogs. Was some good eats

MIW
Old 11-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

I am so proud of myself today, it was only my second run outdoors and I went 3.5 miles..its so different then on a treadmill. I had a 3000 calorie day yeasterday...chili's bacon quesadilla and a huge frozen yogurt sunday from yofro...man I am addicted to that place lol
Old 11-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #1559
Big Yapper!!!!

I slipped off plan last night. Went with DH on a stolen property tow. 3 hrs, cold, and so midnight, I fixed hot chocolate for both. It tasted really good, and I knew it wouldn't set well with the scale, but seemed like the thing to do. We were sleeping well, until 2 am, he got called out again. (I stayed in bed that time)

Today, so far, pretty close to plan. Went to gym. But still cold.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #1560
Senior LCF Member

I am bummed the scale is up two lbs. I am hoping its water because I am sore