Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Well, back to school tomorrow. I teach 1st grade so that means I have to get up at 3 a.m. to run before. Also, means starvation in the day. I only really have time to eat maybe 3 oz. cheese and a coffee with cream until dinner.

Have a good day!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Hope you find something!!! Thats a good chunk of the year to lose, I know your super busy though during that time!
Almonds, cheese, Atkins shakes...........Grinding an entire cow next week, so we will have 400 lbs of the best ground beef ever.

Should see me thru Jan, Feb and March
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What type of cow? I don't know what the breed was we usually get but this last one is a Limousin Holy good cow!

I *hope* that 400lbs lasts you 3 months!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What type of cow? I don't know what the breed was we usually get but this last one is a Limousin Holy good cow!

I *hope* that 400lbs lasts you 3 months!!!
If we have a young cow, doesnt breed back, or puts all food into fat, not milk for her baby, then she has a Big Mac Attack. All burger for my freezer. Best ground beef ever!!!!

We have Barzona and Hereford cattle. But we raise all natural beef.
And we eat lots of it.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
If we have a young cow, doesnt breed back, or puts all food into fat, not milk for her baby, then she has a Big Mac Attack. All burger for my freezer. Best ground beef ever!!!!

We have Barzona and Hereford cattle. But we raise all natural beef.
And we eat lots of it.
Oh thats funny, slightly disturbing but super funny!

I am amazed at the difference in flavor when you get grass fed natural beef.....I can NOT eat grocery store meat anymore
Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh thats funny, slightly disturbing but super funny!

I am amazed at the difference in flavor when you get grass fed natural beef.....I can NOT eat grocery store meat anymore
Does not have to be grass fed. We feed ours ground ear corn and some corn and soybean meal, along with hay. And there is no comparison with it to grocery store beef.

I have never understood why there is such a difference, but there is. We sell privately to people, and once they eat fresh, it is tough for them to go back to grocery store buys......... But people don't understand it, until they try non-grocery store meat.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
...Oriana, an americano is espresso shots freshly brewed plus very hot water. To me, it has a fresher taste than brewed coffee. Most of the coffee shops in my area don't use heavy cream....they use half and half. So, just know that if you order an americano with cream....they will probably give you half and half instead. You could ask, though. I think an americano with heavy cream is called a breve, but I'm not totally sure...
Yes, exactly. A breve is where they make it with steamed cream instead of milk and pour it the shots. A latte is with milk and shots of esspresso. I was a barista years ago and don't remember having heavy whipping cream but more and more places now do so just ask. Using half and half is on plan with 2ounce of cream just to let you know

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Happy Monday All Happy to say I am down another .5 lb to 176.6 today. slowly but surely. I also ate more then i normally do since it was the weekend and honestly my RM were not very balanced.

Friday hard to recall already lol but had a big RM for lunch..have been on a workout streak for over 7 days straight now just like biking, walking, a little weights.. changing it up each day. but fri night went to the gym.

Sat i ate a lot! I worked out on empty tummy and had my RM for brunch. I had a sushi lunch date with a friend, but that i was going to be too distracted to "enjoy" the food. So, after my huge RM I had sushi (spicy salmon / avo wrapped in cucumber- yum!) and then that night, had shrimp with hot sauce and some nuts & peanut butter. For some reason had huge appetite that day. Maybe from all the working out.

Sunday- had my RM again for breakfast (not sure why i have gravitated to this but I guess I like it as I don't have to worry about food for the rest of the day). BTW- my RM's are quite large and on the carby side, with even candy and stuff. Can't believe i am still losing Taking supplements too which i think helps. I had energy later in the day to do another 1 hour workout! Went to bed on the hungry side but didn't really feel like eating the rest of the day.

Monday/Today: woke up early since i went to bed early. Ended up having my RM for b-fast again! lol. I then got sleepy and napped a bit more before work. Plan on just having liquids the rest of the day- but told myself if i get actually hungry i will have a CM/protein meal/snack. I like leaving a gap at the end of the day as its kind of along the principles of Intermittent fasting and also i like to workout on a empty stomach so i dont get cramps. Plus I am pretty sure i am very chromium deficient!! and since you are supposed to take it on a empty stomach- this is a great time for that as well

Loving this! Get the best of all worlds in a nice balance. Scale is inching down. I might might consider lowering my carbs (all around) for a few days since its kinda "crunch time" ie: my man comes home Sunday already! woohoo!

Have a great day all!! xoxo
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/?/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
2013 Loss

Hi all!! Sorry for the repeat for those of you who are part of the facebook group (which I'm loving, by the way)... but I'm down 8 pounds!!!! You probably remember I was just easing into the program doing 2 CMs and 2 RMs pretty much during December. My plan was to start 3 CMs and 1 RM today... I was ecstatic this weekend when I was down a total of 8 pounds (lost through the holidays enjoying all types of treats). I checked again today - and still holding steady at -8!!!!

I am doing the full commitment to CAD starting today. I am a believer once again. The thing I love about this program is that it appears to be TRUE weightloss. In other words, if I slip a day - I don't gain - I usually stay the same. Whereas when I did metabolic weightloss... I might lose 3 pounds in a week, but if I slipped one day - I'd be UP on the scale...

I saw some postings about the volume of food. I would say I eat the same or more in CAD than I did on Weight Watchers, but I am more satisfied doing this WOE. On Weight Watchers, I was always "white knuckling" it as Dr. Phil would say. I could never get to the feeling of being OK - always felt like I was on constant watch and looking forward to the next food I ate. I would get very hungry all day long - because of the insulin imbalance I guess.

I never aspire to doing fewer meals per day. I tend to need 4 (getting up between 5 am and 7 am). But I still lose weight on CAD maximizing the options!!! I often wonder why some CAD folks aspire to one or two meals a day... They have that option, but it would never work for me.

Last edited by alliejon; 01-07-2013 at 05:38 AM..
alliejon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
Wow alliejon- Congrats! That is very inspiring

Does anyone here have experience doing Stillmans? I have done it a few times, its kinda extreme (Quickloss) and want to do it just for this week, then next week ease back into the RM's (the difference mainly is its all low fat proteins and not much else). Results are dramatic if one can stick to it. I am just doing it since its crunch time- but i hate to do it, and then gain it all back right away :/ just curious.

SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have done stillmans....I get bored REALLY quick though! So weight loss was nothing as I can only do it for a few days!

Hope it works for you though!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Hi all!! Sorry for the repeat for those of you who are part of the facebook group (which I'm loving, by the way)... but I'm down 8 pounds!!!! You probably remember I was just easing into the program doing 2 CMs and 2 RMs pretty much during December. My plan was to start 3 CMs and 1 RM today... I was ecstatic this weekend when I was down a total of 8 pounds (lost through the holidays enjoying all types of treats). I checked again today - and still holding steady at -8!!!!

I am doing the full commitment to CAD starting today. I am a believer once again. The thing I love about this program is that it appears to be TRUE weightloss. In other words, if I slip a day - I don't gain - I usually stay the same. Whereas when I did metabolic weightloss... I might lose 3 pounds in a week, but if I slipped one day - I'd be UP on the scale...

I saw some postings about the volume of food. I would say I eat the same or more in CAD than I did on Weight Watchers, but I am more satisfied doing this WOE. On Weight Watchers, I was always "white knuckling" it as Dr. Phil would say. I could never get to the feeling of being OK - always felt like I was on constant watch and looking forward to the next food I ate. I would get very hungry all day long - because of the insulin imbalance I guess.

I never aspire to doing fewer meals per day. I tend to need 4 (getting up between 5 am and 7 am). But I still lose weight on CAD maximizing the options!!! I often wonder why some CAD folks aspire to one or two meals a day... They have that option, but it would never work for me.

Great!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #133
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Good morning! No real loss for me yet, but I will keep adding up my average for my first week to establish a baseline weight.

Allie, you are doing so well. I would love to eat to two meals for simplicity sake. Less planning would make me happier. I don't usually get hungry for breakfast (on the days I do) until 10 or 11, so a nice lunch and a nice dinner, and I would happily be done for the day.

Niki, I have never done Stillmans. I did the HCG diet a few years ago, and it messed me up for doing any kind of extreme low calorie dieting. I can no longer restrict calories, or I go into automatic binge mode. I just can't diet anymore, which is why I really like CAD. It doesn't feel like a diet to me.

I actually felt like exercising again last night, so I rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes again. My daughter and I are paying ourselves a dollar for every 30 minute workout we do. When we both hit the $50 mark, we get to go and splurge and something fun.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 01-07-2013 at 08:12 AM..
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hi all and Happy Monday to you too

Today I am back at my most recent "all time low" in the last few years of 221! I had a stressfull busy weekend and work and ended up skipping lunch a couple times due to time constraints, or just getting started to have to put the food down and then too much time elapsed to eat sucks mentally but actually physically I was fine and not really hungry at all. Other good new I suppose (although I don't plan on making a habit of this) is that a both Sat and Sun I got my iced decaf americano with cream and cinnamon and started drinking, had to walk away, and came back after the 15 minute rule and finished my coffees. I am please the scale (ie my metabolism) didn't punish me for it as I didn't gain. I maintained 222-223 for the last few days and now back down to 221.

Feel free to click on my ticker and you can see all my "data" and weights slowly going down since November 1st. This is slow and steady but you eat like a Queen and still lose. Definately not low cal or white knuckling it or being miserable with each and every passing minute! LOL My metabolism is the type that it is actually not hungry with this woe and I can skip meals if not hungry. This time around with me this is for life and I am not going to starve myself nor force feed either. I am trying to take this out of the mental realm and not look at it that I am depriving or taking anything away. I am putting it into the physical, phyiological, and metabolic realm and listening to my body. If I am hungry- I eat, and eat well! If not, I don't. Simple easy peasy

MIW
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #135

It really is all about keeping it simple. I totally agree. I have many years of diet rules in my head. I joined LCF in 2000, so I've been doing one form of low carb or another for 13 years. And before that, I did low fat diets. And of course, during all of those years, I had periods of time when I just couldn't stand to diet at all and took long breaks where I just ate whatever I wanted.

Over the last 20 years, my weight has been a low of 124 (I don't feel like I maintained that very long) to a high of 155 (most recently a high weight, plus my body's favorite high weight, I've been here several times.) I got down to 132 with hcg (too extreme for me) and with extreme exercise and dieting (monitoring every single bite I ate for five months and doing heavy workouts at the gym.)

Now it's time to find a simple balance. Some exercise that feels good and an uncomplicated way to eat. No extremes.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Do you ladies feel that you lose better if you eat all three meals instead of skipping meals?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
It really is all about keeping it simple. I totally agree. I have many years of diet rules in my head. I joined LCF in 2000, so I've been doing one form of low carb or another for 13 years. And before that, I did low fat diets. And of course, during all of those years, I had periods of time when I just couldn't stand to diet at all and took long breaks where I just ate whatever I wanted.

Over the last 20 years, my weight has been a low of 124 (I don't feel like I maintained that very long) to a high of 155 (most recently a high weight, plus my body's favorite high weight, I've been here several times.) I got down to 132 with hcg (too extreme for me) and with extreme exercise and dieting (monitoring every single bite I ate for five months and doing heavy workouts at the gym.)

Now it's time to find a simple balance. Some exercise that feels good and an uncomplicated way to eat. No extremes.
Ditto, only I joined in 2006. I know the principles.....and can lose on several plans.........just need one I can live with for rest of life.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do you ladies feel that you lose better if you eat all three meals instead of skipping meals?
Personally I wouldn't skip meals. I also think it goes against one of the main components of the plan to keep your insulin levels even.

If your just trying to lose quick weight obviously we have all seen women starve and lose. I suppose it would depend on if the two remaining meals were large enough caloric wise to compensate for the skipped meal also. There are always ways of losing *faster* I just don't feel they are *better*
Old 01-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I find that if I skip a meal, I usually eat 2 snacks to keep going thru the day---unless I am on stress overload. Same carbs/cals in snacks as my CMs, basically.

I often eat lighter BF on CAD. But I still eat something. I am trying not to live on coffee only til noon.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #140

I don't really have any comparison yet from eating two meals or eating three meals, so I can't say. I still would like to get to two meals, but I don't believe in being hungry, so I will keep eating until I am ready to stop. I feel like eating breakfast is a diet habit that I started because I felt it was good for me. Now I'm just going to listen to my body. It's 9 am, and I'm not hungry yet, so I'm not going to eat until I am.

I had homemade gluten free pizza and a piece of strawberry cheesecake for my RM last night. And I felt like exercising again, so I rode my exercise bike. It's nice to *feel* like exercising...I haven't in many months.

I got my weekly weight average: 153.81. High of 155.5 and a low of 152.1.

I had pepperoni, cheese, and green veggies for my lunch CM yesterday. It was good and easy. It reminded me of when I lost weight on Atkins many years ago...the key was keeping breakfast and lunch simple. Back then, the lunch was usually nuts, cheese, and a Diet Pepsi, lol.

Anyway, I just keep reminding myself to keep it simple.

Have a great CAD day, my friends!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #141

Good morning!

Reward meal last night was two loaded tacos from a local place...and that was all I wanted/needed. No snacking at night has been really easy for me now that I'm having an enjoyable dinner!

Today starts my second official week. Scale at 152.8 this morning.

My new mantra is simple, slow, steady. That's how I'm going to get long term results.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning!

Reward meal last night was two loaded tacos from a local place...and that was all I wanted/needed. No snacking at night has been really easy for me now that I'm having an enjoyable dinner!

My new mantra is simple, slow, steady. That's how I'm going to get long term results.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good morning!

I agree with that mantra. That is the one I hve been using since Sept!!!!!!!

And I know it would go faster, if I stuck strictly on plan, but so far, I have had no feelings of deprived or starving.....
Old 01-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I have thrown in the towel on the shakes in the morning! Can't do it! I really wanted to be able to!

Making another batch of cream cheese muffins tonight, they seem to work out better for me! Going to mix it up a bit though and play around with a buffalo chicken flavor. Weird for breakfast but oh well!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well I have thrown in the towel on the shakes in the morning! Can't do it! I really wanted to be able to!

Making another batch of cream cheese muffins tonight, they seem to work out better for me! Going to mix it up a bit though and play around with a buffalo chicken flavor. Weird for breakfast but oh well!
Walmart had Atkins shakes for 5.98, with 6 instead of 4......................I got some of those for tax season. I am not interested in cooking before I go to office right now. So that I alternate with bacon.

But chocolate, not green shakes....
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes, i have had the atkins ones they are like fine dining compared to the green grody things I was trying to do
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh yes, i have had the atkins ones they are like fine dining compared to the green grody things I was trying to do
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #148

Good morning!

A protein shake would be good to have around for those days when I get busy at work. I hadn't thought about that as an option.

My RM last night was two homeemade tacos and chocolate chocolate chip ice cream, which I really enjoyed. I was eating it and thinking about how it's the best ice cream I've had in a while! Maybe it's because it's more special because it's part of an RM? I don't know! It's the brand I usually like but it seemed especially rich and creamy last night, lol.

Weight at 153 this am, so I have two weights that are trending downward from my average last week. It will be exciting to see my new average next week. Every fraction of a pound will make me happy.

I have string cheese to eat if I get hungry this morning, plus pepperoni and cheddar for lunch.

Rode my exercise bike last night for an hour because I felt like doing it. I was going to ride for 30, but then I felt like doing a little more, so I kept going until my show was over.

Enjoy your CAD Thursday, my friends!

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 01-10-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome Rachel
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I am in love!!! Cream cheese buffalo chicken muffins for breakfast are the bomb!!!

16 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 cup cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1/3 cup hot sauce

Had 2 for breaky this morning! YUM!

Last edited by lotus33; 01-10-2013 at 09:35 AM..