Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #1411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Ya my boobs will NEVER go away no matter how much I try! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #1412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 171.5/150.6/145
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Ya my boobs will NEVER go away no matter how much I try! LOL

MIW
I am so jealous lol
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #1413
Major LCF Poster!

Today's breakfast RM from 7am to 8am. It is 4pm and I am still feeling no hunger:

3 breakfast sandwiches made with croissants (medium sized ones) each made with a slice of cheese, several slices of deli turkey meat and a fried egg.

5 Cups salad made with mixed baby greens, 4 TBSP regular Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

24 ounce Blender Bottle made with 1 banana, 1 Cup each of strawberries, red grapes, green grapes, one orange, 1 Cup full fat yogurt

16 ounce ice cream coffee milkshake made with 3 Cups regular Safe Way brand Mint Moosetracks ice cream, 1 cup regular half & half and a Starbuck's Via

3 smores cookies

Today's weight: 212 pounds.

MIW
Old 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #1414
Senior LCF Member

Sounds absolutely delish. Mine was homemade pizza with spinach , mushrooms, ground beef, pepperoni. I ate 4 pieces, I may not be hungry till Friday, ugh..ate too much. It was awesome though, probably why I ate too much
Old 10-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

You will get used to it I swear. Plus a lot is mental and retaining classic "dieter's mentality" that it must not be working because you are eating too much and all the wrong foods but you will see that slowly the trend will be down down down exactly like it has been for me and I have been eating more more more!

MIW
Old 10-30-2013, 04:13 AM   #1416
Senior LCF Member

I still wake up expecting the scale to be climbing, I do have it drilled into my brain that how much I am eating is just waaaay to much. I woke up the same weight, on low cal, if I had eaten that much I would have been up two lbs, mostly from water weight, I dont seem to swell as much on CAD
Old 10-30-2013, 04:38 AM   #1417
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hi everyone, glad to see things are going well, MIW, you have really proven that a person can eat and still lose weight. I've lost another 3 lbs, but had to make some changes , maybe because I'm older and have health problems, I started having a problem eating the big meal. . had a round with IBS, so I started having one or two small low carb meals, and made the RM smaller. . it's been hard to get the calories up the last week because I just didn't feel like eating.. I seem to be on the mend, so I'm gonna try this and hope to still have success. I am still having success with the inflammation and that helps keep my pain down. . I'm still eating what I want and like, just not as much at one time, that is ok with me, and this woe is a life saver for me, so I am sticking with it..don't have wild cravings, my pain is better and the weight seems to be coming off for the first time in years., not fast, but I will take it. oh, and I do keep to the one hour RM , and don't eat carbs at other times.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

I tend to not eat so much on my RM most days, well a whole heck of a lot for me, but not a whole lot for most RM's I see posted. I have been aiming for 1000 calories during that meal, but to get there I am using high cal foods like cheese
Old 10-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #1419
Major LCF Poster!

jaymar: sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. I drink fruit smoothies with yogurt and ice cream milk shakes with half and half. I do it for the calories, easy to go down and digest, and to feel real full and satisfied.

Cyvamp mentioned the cheese and that is usually what Oriana will do too I noticed is have a couple of large hunks of cheese with her coffee.

MIW
Old 10-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #1420
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I couldn't get by with CM for supper after biscuits and gravy for lunch....

So I used Dreamfields pasta and took carb inhibitor. Don't do the pill thing very often, but in a pinch......
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Halloween everyone! Halloween was my wake up call last year that got me back on CAD

MIW
Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #1422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 08/21/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Hi everyone! I'm so pleased to join this forum full of awesome folk! I have a little over 10 lbs to lose (I'd like to lose more, but I'm being realistic--I've never been able to maintain for long once I get below 120 or 118). This diet seems really heavenly, and so far I've been enjoying being on it, even though I do still have a lot of fear and anxiety about correctly executing the diet.

I have two tiny questions that I would really appreciate some help with.

1. I know broccoli is not allowed during the CMs, but is this solely for carb reasons or craving reasons or what? I don't even like broccoli, but I'm on the go a lot and tend to just grab Atkins frozen meals. They often have broccoli but in very small amounts . . . I'm talking 3 or 4 broccoli spears in total. Have you all had bad luck with any amount of broccoli, or should I just be careful about going over the 3 carb limit for broccoli?

2. I like to drink occasionally out at bars (once every two weeks at most). I always drink low carb drinks (i.e. whiskey and club soda). Should I completely cut out this habit for this diet, or have other people had luck with occasional drinks? It's Halloween night, and I'd love to go out and have a couple of drinks, but I don't want to set myself back for days because of it! I'm not much of a fan of drinking during dinner, but I'll limit it to that if it's best. Your experiences would be really helpful.

This seems like such a great diet. Reading back through this gigantic thread, it seems like lots of people modify the diet in different ways to suit their habits. The flexibility is amazing!
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #1423
Big Yapper!!!!

Not happy about it, but only gained 1 lb this month with Mom in hospital for 3 weeks....... I guess it could have been worse, but I am not proud of it, anyway.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #1424
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cvcastrejon
hello im new to this forum. I ordered the book and I have been doing Atkins(again) for about two months, does CAD work, does it give results like regular low carb? I know it will help me stay on low carb more than regular low carb. I have more than 100 lbs to go
cvcastrejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #1425
Senior LCF Member

Welcome cvcastrejon,

You will not lose as fast as low carb, but its so much easier to do and no need to go off plan, it can work for most any situation, even on vacation
Old 10-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #1426
Junior LCF Member

Great! I'm looking more into long term. This will definitely work for me.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Thats the way I am looking at it as well, even if it takes me a year to lose 10 lbs...it took me the last year to lose 10 lbs on very low cal and exercise and I was miserable. I am not a fast loser to start with, so at least this way I am not hungry and I enjoy my meals.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #1428
Junior LCF Member

This will also be perfect for my hubby.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #1429
Senior LCF Member

An example of what works for me...we have friends visiting. Yesterday they were eating donuts for breakfast. I had cucumbers and cottage cheese(not feeling like cooking), noon rolls around and they are starving, I am still fine lol. We dine out for lunch, I get a delicious cobb salad with ranch, they all get burgers. Again..dinner time, I am not even hungry, I took the kids trick or treating, came home and at 8;30 pm I had a bowl of whole wheat penne and some meat sauce I had made(not very balanced, I am quite bad about this lately) and 2 pb cups, my little boy was so sweet and was so excited when he got them for me because they are my favorite, and a snack pack of peanut m&m's.

On low calorie, I would have been on my treadmill for probably 75 to 90 mins knowing candy was coming, and once I start I cant stop(not any longer). I would have been starving all day because of the donut(dont even want it now), would have felt guilty about that burger(could have had it bunless, which I love), the salad was fantastic, eggs bacon, grilled chicken..mmmm. My bowl of spaghetti was not huge..I know true hunger now, and I dont want as much, I am satisfied with less.I didn't gorge on candy..and to top it off I am down a half a pound this week so far..thats amazing to me anyway lol
Old 11-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #1430
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Kat, sorry some how I missed your post
Old 11-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #1431
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcastrejon View Post
hello im new to this forum. I ordered the book and I have been doing Atkins(again) for about two months, does CAD work, does it give results like regular low carb? I know it will help me stay on low carb more than regular low carb. I have more than 100 lbs to go
Slower, but works as well over the long haul, and easier to stay on for long, long time......in my opinion.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #1432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Hi everyone! I'm so pleased to join this forum full of awesome folk! I have a little over 10 lbs to lose (I'd like to lose more, but I'm being realistic--I've never been able to maintain for long once I get below 120 or 118). This diet seems really heavenly, and so far I've been enjoying being on it, even though I do still have a lot of fear and anxiety about correctly executing the diet.

I have two tiny questions that I would really appreciate some help with.

1. I know broccoli is not allowed during the CMs, but is this solely for carb reasons or craving reasons or what? I don't even like broccoli, but I'm on the go a lot and tend to just grab Atkins frozen meals. They often have broccoli but in very small amounts . . . I'm talking 3 or 4 broccoli spears in total. Have you all had bad luck with any amount of broccoli, or should I just be careful about going over the 3 carb limit for broccoli?

2. I like to drink occasionally out at bars (once every two weeks at most). I always drink low carb drinks (i.e. whiskey and club soda). Should I completely cut out this habit for this diet, or have other people had luck with occasional drinks? It's Halloween night, and I'd love to go out and have a couple of drinks, but I don't want to set myself back for days because of it! I'm not much of a fan of drinking during dinner, but I'll limit it to that if it's best. Your experiences would be really helpful.

This seems like such a great diet. Reading back through this gigantic thread, it seems like lots of people modify the diet in different ways to suit their habits. The flexibility is amazing!
Welcome! You may want to look at The Big Breakfast Diet thread also. There are a couple of gals in your weight range who are doing BBD and I think Oriana does it in combo with CAD. I do it too but I've got a lot more weight to lose. The nice thing about getting to maintenence is that you get to have a free day on BBD. It is similar to CAD and was cited by the Heller's in their newest book The Stress Eating Cure. However I will say following CAD no matter how you decide WILL work. Just stick to the one hour rule, be sure to get enough protein, do not do anything outside of your one hour RM that can derail like sugar, sugar free, artificial sweeteners, MSG, or any other food that might cause insuin surge.

I ate brocoli a lot of out RM and didn't cause issues for me. I was never brave to try cottage cheese or yogurt but some people do and lose. I also do not drink anything but water or plain chamomile tea or peppermint. Some people can drink coffee or diet sodas and still do ok but not me. I cannot even drink black decaf- it will cause me to gain! The Heller's hinted in their CALP book that some people can be sensitive to caffeine. As to the alcohol: it can slow down the liver due to toxicity. Even small amounts. It is not so much the carbs but how it causes the liver to release insulin and also emulsify fats. I would say once a week max and just watch the scale. Or go a month with it/then without/then with it to really see what happens. That is what I had to do with my iced decaf americanos to really see they did affect my weight loss before I was woke up enough to just cut them out.

I do drink coffee during my one hour RM

MIW
Old 11-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #1433
Major LCF Poster!

Last year on this day I was 235 pounds. Today I am 211.8 pounds. Yesterday's RM only day for breakfast 8am-9am:

McDonold's:
1 Bacon, egg, cheese McGriddle plus just the bacon, egg, cheese from a second and I chucked the buns

2 breakfast sausage burritos with mild sauce

24 ounces homemade fruit smoothie with full fat yogurt

16 ounces of homemade ice cream milkshake made with 3 cups regular ice cream, 1 cup regular half & half

2 smore's cookies.

I couldn't eat anything else and I was FULL all day. I was 212.4 lbs yesterday and today my all time lowest weight (now seen for the THIRD time!). This really works!

MIW
Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #1434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Welcome to the new posters. . I believe you will find that this woe is something you can truly make your own lifestyle. . some have different reasons for doing certain things, I know that for me, it's been a great help to my overall health. I still have a problem with something sometimes, but this woe has allowed me to work on it. . I worried about , do I get enough vitamins and minerals?.. so I have started using the pink Himalayan salt, it gives me things I think I need. I have added a green drink and protein shake at the RM to help get more calories and protein as to not feel over stuffed. . I have never been this proactive with my health, but believe me, once a person gets over 50, it can be a major help for arthritis or other inflammatory problems. . I am getting such encouragement about losing weight, even slowly, but improving my overall health.. wishing you all continued success..

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Welcome to the new posters. . I believe you will find that this woe is something you can truly make your own lifestyle. . some have different reasons for doing certain things, I know that for me, it's been a great help to my overall health. I still have a problem with something sometimes, but this woe has allowed me to work on it. . I worried about , do I get enough vitamins and minerals?.. so I have started using the pink Himalayan salt, it gives me things I think I need. I have added a green drink and protein shake at the RM to help get more calories and protein as to not feel over stuffed. . I have never been this proactive with my health, but believe me, once a person gets over 50, it can be a major help for arthritis or other inflammatory problems. . I am getting such encouragement about losing weight, even slowly, but improving my overall health.. wishing you all continued success..

jerri
I really like the smoothies and ice cream shakes for added calories and feeling full. Since I started them I love this WOE even more! Especially for breakfast RM's to carry through all day

MIW
Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #1436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KatMck
Stats: 5'1" 150+/109.6/110 as of 08/21/2014
WOE: CAD/CALP maintenance since March 2014
Start Date: October 2013
Thanks for the great advice and welcome! I didn't see it until this morning, unfortunately, so I went to a Halloween costume party last night and had three shots of scotch and water. This morning the scale was up to 129.2, so I guess that learned me.

No more drinking outside of reward meals!

The BB does look really interesting, and I do want to lose faster. I'm going to look into it. I've had great success on Atkins in the past, but each time I would cheat and restart the headaches and flu feeling got worse and lasted longer. I just don't think I can do it again, even for a quick loss.
KatMck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #1437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMck View Post
Thanks for the great advice and welcome! I didn't see it until this morning, unfortunately, so I went to a Halloween costume party last night and had three shots of scotch and water. This morning the scale was up to 129.2, so I guess that learned me.

No more drinking outside of reward meals!

The BB does look really interesting, and I do want to lose faster. I'm going to look into it. I've had great success on Atkins in the past, but each time I would cheat and restart the headaches and flu feeling got worse and lasted longer. I just don't think I can do it again, even for a quick loss.
I keep telling people it is not about the carbs or calories. On Atkin's they give you a daily allotment of carbs depending on what "phase" you are in but you get to decide when and how you eat them. On CAD it is very strict: carbs ONLY in a one hour time frame. They also teach about other insulin triggers such as AS/SF stuff, caffeine (for some people), MSG, certain foods. We all secrete insulin at different rates and amounts. This diet works because you vastly reduce how often and how much you secrete insulin. The max a person should eat following CAD is up to 4 times a day, and only if needed. In fact in the CALP book they talk about the "meal reduction" option. This is not a diet you can graze on as long as you keep your carbs low. NO NO NO. LOL

MIW
Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #1438
Major LCF Poster!

ALL NEW LOW TODAY 211 POUNDS

MIW
Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #1439
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
ALL NEW LOW TODAY 211 POUNDS

MIW
Woot!! Awesome, how exciting!!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #1440
Senior LCF Member

I have relaxed so much, for my whole life I have been obsessed with food, diet, calories etc. Today my husband asked why I was wearing jeans to go do my walk. I said..well today I will not wear my heart rate monitor and track calories burned, today I will go for a walk to actually enjoy it..its a gorgeous fall day..he put his hand to my forehead lol...that is so not me..or to eat ice cream two days in a row and not feel extreme guilt and stress over the scale.

I used to be a total scale manipulator, I would make sure to eat heavy friday if I was going to, because it gave me the weekend to work it off and reduce the water retention if sodium was involved. I ate way less on sunday to ensure there was less in my body so I would weigh less on Monday..now I am like ok I am losing so very slowly, but its actual loss, its not scale manipulation. You cant lose 3lbs of fat in a week anyway, its all bells and whistles. Now I am shrinking, and its real...so what if it takes me a year to get there.