Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #1321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
I go crazy trying to feed my 8 year old. He has sensory issues and textures are huge for him. He will eat no meat besides chicken nuggets and nathans all beef hot dogs, He will eat ground beef in spaghetti sauce if I simmer it all day so its soft. He likes absolutely no vegetables, he will eat fruit, and he loves yogurt, I can get him to eat PB..so I just give the poor kid a multi vitamin and make sure he has yogurt and pb every day...makes me insane

I am normally a pretty balanced eater in general, I love every vege I have ever tried, I love meat too. I figure I eat pretty healthy for the most part, and I exercise 6 days a week, I am pretty fit, so if I eat not so balanced a couple days, I am not going to worry about it
My son has autism so I know all about food aversions and picky eating! LOL Thankfully he likes salad so I can get some fresh greens in him but we have days on end of eating only hashbrowns or oven fries, other days steak and salad, or millions of string cheeses and bags of microwave popcorns...

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #1322
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmjlkelly View Post
Well I've been on this WOE for 3 weeks and have lost 2lbs and a total of 3"! Not really fast weight loss but it's still a loss! I am NOT a CALP purist but I know you can eat drink and be merry on your RM! For me , if I drink alcohol, I need to eat yogurt the next day to keep my gut happy. I did not know that the first time I did this WOE and consumed large amts of Dt. Coke and other sugar free caffeine and my gut was not happy and neither was I!

I hope to see everyone and more people for 2014 CAD/CALP thread!
I am sooooo glad you did measurements because that shows right there not only are you losing fat but building muscle because there is no way someone only loses 2 pounds AND 3 inches if it is fat or water loss only. Awesome job and keep it up!!!

MIW
Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
This is day 2 in full swing and commitment on this way of eating as I just kind of eased back into it recently. I had a great eating day yesterday. Did so well, I slept all night. I couldn't believe how well I slept and how good I felt when I got up. I do try to make sure that I get plenty of veggies at my evening CM especially if RM has been a little carby and I do have days when my RM is more balanced. I enjoy being able to eat the things I really like and not feeling like I'm on a diet.

I did eat breakfast this morning. Don't know if I was hungry or just had a taste for bacon and eggs with a slice of cheese. But had it with my 1 cup of morning coffee. I cut down to only 1 c of regular coffee a day a while back, but after reading MIW posting of the Heller's article about caffeine's effect on insulin surges, I'm thinking about going to decaf. However, in the last few days my daily fasting blood sugar is coming down nicely. I'll just have to see how it goes since getting it back to normal is a major goal for me even more than the WL.

RM today was a home cooked cheeseburger with extra veggies on it and small serving of fries and okra and ice cream with a few cashews. I eat an ice cream on a stick so that I don't overdo the dessert.

CM later will be a big salad with a nice butterfly chop.

Loving how this works.

The coffee thing took me experimenting over a couple months and I learned even decaf was a trigger for me and I just wasn't losing if I consumed it even black and decaf. We are all different so if you can still lose that is awesome! I was bummed because I would love to be able to drink something other than water and plain herbal teas like peppermint or chamomile once in awhile! Especially an iced decaf americano with a bit of cream... oh well I can dream! LOL

MIW
Old 10-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #1324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 166/161.6/145
WOE: CAD
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
My son is autistic as well
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #1325
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It takes it's toll eh? Only people with a family member or work with autistic children understand. Even then more so the family that spends 24/7 with them and gets to see the repetitive OCD stuff, food aversions, tantrums and meltdowns, etc would understand. Even family members who know my husband and I are both RN's, got him diagnosed by the University of Washington and other people who see little "snapshots" of him make comments that they think he is normal and will grow out of things. Drives me nuts but we put him first and our life for the most part revolves around being home with him as much as possible. Luckily he is high functioning and I suspect is the PPD-NOS on the spectrum so he has characteristics of autism but is not full blown debilitated nor Asperger's either. But he definitely clams up around strangers, limited eye contact, word finding skills, etc that are issues. He can read VERY well but comprehension is an issue also. But he is almost 10 and I can say I worry soooooo much less than back when he was 2 years old!

MIW
Old 10-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #1326
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There is another gal on the Hour Power #5 thread with a son or daughter with autism. She hasn't posted in awhile but it was nice to have her. We don't talk much about it because we are here for OUR woe, LOL but occaisionally can share some of the background stressors of diet fails due to home life...

MIW
Old 10-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #1327
Major LCF Poster!

Oh ya forgot to mention I was 211.8 lbs this am!!!! I had this same weight exactly 3 weeks ago and this is my trend. Hoping to start seeing low 212's and 211's as my new daily wt range

MIW
Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #1328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onedaywen
Stats: 193/193/135
WOE: CAD/CALP One meal a day
Start Date: October 21, 2013
Can I jump in here and join this group? Just started yesterday. Have been doing low carb for years on and off. Trying to find something I can live with for rest of my life. Both yesterday and tonight after I ate, I have felt a sudden surge of dizziness and lightheadedness thats lasted for about an hour. A spike in my insulin Im guessing. Is that normal right away? Is it just going to take some time for my body to adjust to eating carbs again? Am hoping it goes awst as I am worrying I may have to avoid carbs forever. Your stories are all amazing and inspiring. Hoping to stay encouraged and motivated right here!
onedaywen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #1329
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaywen View Post
Can I jump in here and join this group? Just started yesterday. Have been doing low carb for years on and off. Trying to find something I can live with for rest of my life. Both yesterday and tonight after I ate, I have felt a sudden surge of dizziness and lightheadedness thats lasted for about an hour. A spike in my insulin Im guessing. Is that normal right away? Is it just going to take some time for my body to adjust to eating carbs again? Am hoping it goes awst as I am worrying I may have to avoid carbs forever. Your stories are all amazing and inspiring. Hoping to stay encouraged and motivated right here!
First off YES join in and a big welcome!!!!

As to surge of dizziness/etc I never had that except the first day I switched to doing the RM for breakfast after months of doing dinnertime RM and I got shakey and tired about an hour later. It was very scarey and instantly noticeable after all that time with zero issues. But, I kept at it and after 3 attempts I am now exclusively doing RM for breakfast and 5 days a week eat my RM super early (done by 9am) and only eat that as my meal for the entire day. The other days I do eat a CM later if needed based off of hunger. I would say yes, you should get used to it.

I just want to say do not get discouraged. The Heller's found there is no need to cut carbs from the diet in order to see the benefits of low carb eating!!! I have been at this day in and day out almost an entire year. The weight loss is slow but I promise you that you will never have to cut a calorie and can eat regular everyday foods and plenty of carbs of your choice. I am finding out recently that I bet the reason people who "binged" or "carb overloaded" at their RM's and saw a weight gain never stuck it out long enough to see that it was temporary. I have been keeping meticulous daily, weekly, monthly weights and if you scroll back through the posts here you can see my wts chart and you will see the weights just slowly going down... down... down.

I am eating more calories and carbs than ever and can see that HIGH CALORIE weight loss is entirely possible. If you want a starvation ration diet with constant hunger and rapid results that will just come back in a few months then I can suggest WW or JC. If you really want something that is enjoyable, can be done for life, flexible, you will never feel hungry (no need to- just eat a CM if you've already had your RM for the day then just follow the one hour rule for ANY meal, aim for balance at RM and avoid sugar, msg, artificial sweeteners, etc the other 23 hours a day and I promise you the weight will come off!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 10-22-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #1330
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: senorpepino
Stats: 263/237/200
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 2013
I have been wondering this for the past few weeks. After eating the RM, does bloating or burping (where you kind of re-taste your meal haha) cause insulin release? The last couple of days, I made sure to eat more in moderation, and didn't have the bloating after the meal and lost weight each day.
senorpepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #1331
Senior LCF Member

Welcome onedaywen! I do get lightheaded sometimes after my reward meal..almost buzzy feeling. I also get hot and sweat..but those could be hot flashes haha.

MIW, yes autism sure does take its toll, my lil guy was the hardest baby, he was just never happy, not a sleeper, I actually wore him in a Bjorn for 2.5 years, I had to shower with him etc, because he imprinted on me only and would go to noone else with out screaming. He was three before my mother could hold him, she cried that day I tell ya. I was so depressed, I used to wake up and think, I dont have the stregnth to do this again today.

Life changed when I went to enroll my daughter in preK. The teachers saw him and asked if they could play with him, they could see what I couldnt, I thought he was just naughty. He went to preK that year, and I got a 2 hour break, oh man did I ever need that! He has made huge gains every since, I am so very proud of him
Old 10-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #1332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onedaywen
Stats: 193/193/135
WOE: CAD/CALP One meal a day
Start Date: October 21, 2013
Thanks Makeitwork and Cyvamp! I woke up this morning weighing slightly more. Ugh. I 'm going to have to reset my brain from low carb and realize Im not going to see weightloss every single day. I know I should average my weekly weights to see progress. I probably would have said okay this isnt working, had I not read you all's encouraging posts this morning. So here goes day three...
onedaywen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #1333
Senior LCF Member

I have only lost two pounds and that was in the first couple days, but I can see changes, even my tape measure isnt really moving, I did lose 1 inch in my waist..not bad for a mere two pounds. My body seems..less gushy, like even though I appear the same size, I look tighter..I might just be crazy, but thats what I see. I am just going to keep plugging along and see what happens. It took me a year on low cal to lose 10lbs, I was so hungry too, I kept dropping until I knew I was not going to be able to drop anymore, I was at 1280 calories, thats not a lot of food.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #1334
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Welcome onedaywen! I do get lightheaded sometimes after my reward meal..almost buzzy feeling. I also get hot and sweat..but those could be hot flashes haha.

MIW, yes autism sure does take its toll, my lil guy was the hardest baby, he was just never happy, not a sleeper, I actually wore him in a Bjorn for 2.5 years, I had to shower with him etc, because he imprinted on me only and would go to noone else with out screaming. He was three before my mother could hold him, she cried that day I tell ya. I was so depressed, I used to wake up and think, I dont have the stregnth to do this again today.

Life changed when I went to enroll my daughter in preK. The teachers saw him and asked if they could play with him, they could see what I couldnt, I thought he was just naughty. He went to preK that year, and I got a 2 hour break, oh man did I ever need that! He has made huge gains every since, I am so very proud of him
You are the first person who's baby with autism sounded like my son! Everyone else I have met said they started out normal, slept fine, etc and later had issues as a toddler.

I always say I felt like I gave birth to a crack baby. He did nothing but cry 24/7 except for when being held. I stopped brushing my teeth most evening just so I didn't have to hear him scream for those 5 minutes. He slept in 15 minute to one hour blocks for the first 2 years,then very slowly got better. He slept the first night all the way when he was well over 3 years old. We ended up co-sleeping because he was the same as your son and only could be held by me or my husband. We made slings and he was in a sling until 3 years old. My husband who is a huge linebacker type guy got so much attention carrying our little dude around in a daddy-sling! LOL

He wouldn't even go into a car seat until a year and a half so I stayed home most of the time and hubby did all the shopping. I mean who knows of a baby who didn't like the car? LOL Finally we could put him in a stroller when he was closer to 2 years old and that still to this day along with 3 car accidents took a toll on my back.

He was OCD as an infant and trained ME early on! LOL He would literally poop in the same place same time of day we had it down to a science each and every day. I think he is so loving with us and social because we accepted him early on as he was and did the whole co-sleeping, sling, breastfeeding approach which made him be near us and social that way.

We were lucky when we moved out to a more rural school district they actually started up an unofficial autistic pre-school program through the school district! It was for all the toddlers showing delays and cognitive issues but the lady who ran it for the years my son got to go there had a son with Asperger's, specialized in non-verbal and autisic communication so it was a God send! They actually trained him to say "yes" and "no" appropriately. I wish I could do a video on here about the technique but when they first told us they were "training" them on things I was upset like they were dogs but it really worked how they do it. They sit his little toddler self in one of their laps so the teacher in in front and an aide in behind him (the one who's lap he is sitting in) and the aid holds his hand and arms or moves his head. The teacher would ask them if they wanted something she was holding like a toy or candy and he would have to either say yes or no, or shake his head yes or no. How they would do it is treat them like a puppet and the aid would say "yes" in a little voice behind their head in their ear and shake their head up and down. Then move their arm out to take the object.

They used that approach for a lot of things and my son could start doing more instead of just pointing or saying food. He would say "yes" when I asked him if he wanted something. He too has just got better and better and they really do benefit from early therapy and grow out of a lot of things.

He is in regular 3rd grade but spends half the day in a special classroom for more one on one tutoring with another teacher who also has many certs in autism and has a grandson with Asperger's. It is helpful I have found when the authorities you end up dealing with have a family memeber because they usually are more supportive and understanding and not so "institutional" about it.

My husband and I have been out together 5 times in the last 9 1/2 years and that is no lie. My son has been with his aunts those times and one time a co-workers daughter who is a few grades ahead of him at the same school and I work at the hospital with her mom. We are very protective but at the same time do not have people knocking down our doors to help us so we just are building our own dream empire on 5 acres.

Just want you to know you are not the only one nor alone and I was a zombie for the first year for sure, and 3 years a modified zombie. I am just this last year starting to feel like something other than a mother of an autistic child.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 10-23-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #1335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaywen View Post
Thanks Makeitwork and Cyvamp! I woke up this morning weighing slightly more. Ugh. I 'm going to have to reset my brain from low carb and realize Im not going to see weightloss every single day. I know I should average my weekly weights to see progress. I probably would have said okay this isnt working, had I not read you all's encouraging posts this morning. So here goes day three...
Scroll back through the posts to where I show my year long daily wts log. You will see I am 217 off and on for months but slowly the weekly wt is going down. The same at the 215's but I would start having more and more days that were lower than 215 or 217 and those become less and less and the average weight is what counts.

A day fluctuation up/down can be salt or stress. I know one time I dropped 4 pounds in a day because I was crying all night long. Not to go into details but I ate the same that day and the stress just dried me out. Of course the weight went right back up the next day so you have to kind of keep a mental tally of why weights might go up/down like certain meals at restaurants, or trying a new deli meat for a CM, etc.

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #1336
Senior LCF Member

Miw, wow, our boys sure do sound like twins lol. The specialists said they believe Keenen is as loving and social as is, is because I WORE him and made him engage. My family thought I should just make him cry, even my Husband thought I was spoiling him, but I just knew this was right for him.

I remember one day when he was about 5, I saw him in the mirror making this grimace, when he got his face the way he wanted he came shuffling over to me and asked for a lolipop..he was trying to make a "cute" face, it still makes me tear up to think about it, he tries so hard. I also cried the day he was playing wii and hit the neighbors baby with the remote and he started crying and saying I am sorry over and over..I apologised to my friend for crying out with joy...HE GOT IT, he showed empathy , he had never before, he would have looked at the crying baby, like..what is her problem.

I also started drinking wine after he would go to bed, I was so wound up tight. It became a bottle a night, then almost a full big bottle, I just stopped drinking like that about three months ago, I believe that has shot metabolism as well
Old 10-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #1337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Onedaywen, I'm with you! I've resisted adding back carbs and called it a RM even though I had low-carb ice cream and low-carb tortillas. Just today I had some cookies with my RM and I'm very doubtful but we'll see what happens! I hope you find success and enjoy it here. Also, like you, I would have thrown in the towel by now except for seeing the long-term perspective with MIW's numbers and gradual but very real loss. Maybe this can work for me, too!
Yvonne
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #1338
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: senorpepino
Stats: 263/237/200
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 2013
Lol I assure everyone that my last post was a serious one:

I have been wondering this for the past few weeks. After eating the RM, does bloating or burping (where you kind of re-taste your meal haha) cause insulin release? The last couple of days, I made sure to eat more in moderation, and didn't have the bloating after the meal and lost weight each day.

Any input?
senorpepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #1339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorpepino View Post

Any input?

I am not an expert in this field, but I would have serious doubts about burping spiking insulin, the weight loss was probably from just eating less, heck less food in our stomach means less food in out intestines, means less weight on the scale.

Last edited by Cyvamp; 10-23-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eok2008
Stats: 324/316/169
Start Date: Restart CAD 11/29/2011
I am thoroughly enjoying every ones posts. I am hanging in there and the numbers are gradually going down. Love this way of eating!
eok2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #1341
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorpepino View Post

Any input?
It could be food sensitivity or just plain eating too much. It is normal to burp after eating if you swallowed a bunch of air, used a straw or ate too much (indigestion). As to the release of insulin by re-tasting???? Who knows. Could be. I bet I release insulin when I brush my teeth at night! LOL The main thing is if you are getting pain or loss of sleep from it. If so, eat earlier in the day to give yourself time to digest it before you lay down.

One time I had pineapple with dinner and it actually woke me up that night because I could feel the burn and acid coming up all the way to the back of my throat. That is like GERD or gastric esophageal reflux disorder! I NEVER had that ever in my life except for twice during pregnancies. My first thought was that I was eating too much at dinner but then I had to think about what I may have eaten that was different and it was the pineapple. Never has happened any other time when I have eaten pineapple (which is very rare anyways) or since. I also found out after eating Jiffy peanut butter twice that I got severe headaches and I NEVER had that one either in all the years of eating Jiffy peanut butter until I switched to CAD so you can notice food sensitivities MORE now with this WOE than the SAD (standard american diet) because of the hormones not being as out of whack.

Not sure if this answers but basically don't worry unless it becomes a daily issue then you have got to change something.

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #1342
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
Onedaywen, I'm with you! I've resisted adding back carbs and called it a RM even though I had low-carb ice cream and low-carb tortillas. Just today I had some cookies with my RM and I'm very doubtful but we'll see what happens! I hope you find success and enjoy it here. Also, like you, I would have thrown in the towel by now except for seeing the long-term perspective with MIW's numbers and gradual but very real loss. Maybe this can work for me, too!
Yvonne
I am super serious and truthful when I say this last year I never cut a calorie. I "only" lost 23 pounds but it was from just rearranging how I eat and not by calorie deprivation. Following the CAD rules really does work by the insulin release control (and thus fat storage) and NOT by cutting calories. Yes, you can cut calories and lose faster I am certain of that but why? I am not in this for a crash diet or gimmick. I am in this for life. Enomarb on Hour Power #5 CAD/CALP thread overshot her goal by following CALP and had to start eating more! It can take a few years to reach goal if you just follow the rules and don't cut calories and I am ok with that. I know some people who are on 1300-1500 calories a day and that is just not my path but everyone does what they feel comfortable with and to get the results they are after. I do know this WOE will control your hunger even if you eat less but if you want HIGH CALORIE weight loss as your goal and are patient, I guarantee you weight will come off. Also, I do not exercise regularly and that is another aspect one could add to see faster results, but only if they want to.

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Today's RM breakfast 8am-9am:

Large full fat ribeye steak

4 Cup mixed baby green salad with 3 TBSP regular Hidden Valley Ranch dsg.

Breakfast Fruit Smoothie: 24 ounce blender bottle made with banana, strawberries, red and grn grapes, orange, apple, full fat Cream Top Vanilla Yogurt by Brown Cow

3 Cups Mint Moosetracks SafeWay brand ice cream with 3/4 Cup regular half & half and one packet of Starbuck's Via coffee

5 Smore's cookies from the SafeWay bakery

This is an example of what I eat almost every day. Some days I will have cheese quesidillas with 2 large flour tortillas, 1/2 cup of cheese, 2-3 eggs, regular sour cream, or bacon and cabbage.

The trick for breakfast is that I do a combo of the Big Breakfast Diet and The Stress Eating Cure and you have to get at least 7 ounces of protein. Also the fruit and yogurt smoothie and some chocolate. I also try to get a good amount of veggies at least 3 times a week because I am a big veggie lover and miss them since I've switched to breakfast RM. I ALWAYS have the fruit smoothies and the ice cream coffee milkshakes or an ice coffee of somesort and the cookies. The variable is usually my protein source for variety.

High calorie weight loss does work. If you are ok with 1/4-1/2 pound a week loss...

MIW aka Make It Work
Old 10-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #1344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Miw, wow, our boys sure do sound like twins lol. The specialists said they believe Keenen is as loving and social as is, is because I WORE him and made him engage. My family thought I should just make him cry, even my Husband thought I was spoiling him, but I just knew this was right for him.

I remember one day when he was about 5, I saw him in the mirror making this grimace, when he got his face the way he wanted he came shuffling over to me and asked for a lolipop..he was trying to make a "cute" face, it still makes me tear up to think about it, he tries so hard. I also cried the day he was playing wii and hit the neighbors baby with the remote and he started crying and saying I am sorry over and over..I apologised to my friend for crying out with joy...HE GOT IT, he showed empathy , he had never before, he would have looked at the crying baby, like..what is her problem.

I also started drinking wine after he would go to bed, I was so wound up tight. It became a bottle a night, then almost a full big bottle, I just stopped drinking like that about three months ago, I believe that has shot metabolism as well
My son has a classic "photo" face he does in EVERY picture because he has conditioned himself that that is his "picture" face and that is how his mind works. He also gives me this super "happy face" with raised eyebrows and exaggerated grin when he hears my voice getting upset and it is his way of trying to make me change my attitude and "get happy." It is so funny! He has always been empathetic and never likes to hear his little sister cry. He would always tell me "Mom, the baby is crying help her!" or try to get her to stop crying. She is not autistic but copies EVERYTHING he does and is hyperactive also so the two of them can be a handfull!!!

He learned something at school one day I suspect where they must have asked during a short story session about "Is this good or bad?" And he asks "Is that good or bad?" about EVERYTHING now for the last year it drives us nuts but at the same time we just laugh. He is also now the king of obviousness. Like when someone falls or trips on a show he will say, "Did that guy just fall? Does that hurt? Is that good or bad?" and he does this on everything! I also catch him experimenting with faces in the mirror and it is so cute, or he will try to mimmick dances on cartoon shows. Another of his OCD things is that he gets super pissed if we comment on something he is watching or try to watch a show with him. He acts like it is his own personal experience and gets so upset if we try to ask him about what he is watching. Some things we allow and others we do not because that is not how life works and he cannot be so controlling all the time. Again, unless someone lives with it they probably have no idea about all the weird little quirks.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 10-23-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #1345
Senior LCF Member

I find my calories stay kinda lowish lol , its not necessarily intentional. I track net calories, so when I exercise those calories burned get deducted. I wear a heart rate monitor so that I can be as accurate as possible. My net calories have averaged about 1400, and gone to 2000 twice in the 2.5 weeks since I started. The pounds aren't falling off me, so cutting them purposely I don't think will make a huge advantage. I am ok with losing slowly, I am not starving, and I m quite happy about that lol
Old 10-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #1346
Major LCF Poster!

Cyvamp, have you read "Look Me In the Eye" by John Elder Robison? I have several copies and would be happy to mail one to you for free or you can just get it from your library.

The book is about how this guy grew up in the 60's when they didn't really know what was going on with him and his rough home life and how he made a sucess out of his life. It is so inspiring and actually got me through a rough time of uncertainty with my son. This guy's story is true and he was the one who invented all the neat guitars for KISS like the flame and spark shooting guitars back in the 1970's and 80's! Anyway it is a great read even for people who do not know a thing about Autism or Asperger's and I recommend it to everyone because it is a quick read and VERY interesting and just so happens that he has autism too. Practically everyone knows about Temple Grandin and I love the HBO film they did on her. But this book is from a guy's perspective which I like.

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #1347
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I find my calories stay kinda lowish lol , its not necessarily intentional. I track net calories, so when I exercise those calories burned get deducted. I wear a heart rate monitor so that I can be as accurate as possible. My net calories have averaged about 1400, and gone to 2000 twice in the 2.5 weeks since I started. The pounds aren't falling off me, so cutting them purposely I don't think will make a huge advantage. I am ok with losing slowly, I am not starving, and I m quite happy about that lol
I think I would "naturally" eat about 1500 a day if I only went off of appetite. I have to be conscious about it to get enough! LOL

Your weight is going to come off slow because you are almost to goal!

MIW
Old 10-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #1348
Senior LCF Member

That is too cute MIW, my guy is more OCD about food..he absolutely loves cheese its, He would live on them, but if the box has been open two days he can't eat them, they taste weird(stale), if one is broken..nope cant eat it, if a bubble on it is popped..nope cant eat it lol. Poptarts,. he eats every part but the corner he held it with, stuff like that. Feeding him is a nightmare..he is like this with everything he eats, and he hates most every food on the planet, so when he decides he can no longer eat something I am freaked ...People say make him eat it..he really cant, he gags so hard, then pukes...living with him certainly isnt boring. Thankfully his sister is a dream lol
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #1349
Senior LCF Member

I had to raise my goal, I used to be 135, I just know I will never get there again, I am a size 8/10 now, I will be happy in a 6, I used to be a 4...I need to get over my vanity weight and just choose a livable weight thats healthy for me
Old 10-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #1350
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is too cute MIW, my guy is more OCD about food..he absolutely loves cheese its, He would live on them, but if the box has been open two days he can't eat them, they taste weird(stale), if one is broken..nope cant eat it, if a bubble on it is popped..nope cant eat it lol. Poptarts,. he eats every part but the corner he held it with, stuff like that. Feeding him is a nightmare..he is like this with everything he eats, and he hates most every food on the planet, so when he decides he can no longer eat something I am freaked ...People say make him eat it..he really cant, he gags so hard, then pukes...living with him certainly isnt boring. Thankfully his sister is a dream lol
My son won't eat the ends of the cheese sticks, pepperoni sticks, or the slices of steak! He is the same and I swear he can smell the food. I tried the whole gluten free casein free thing for a year and tried to make homemade ranch dressing and he just smelled it and knew it wasn't the Hidden Valley Ranch brand! Their sense of smell and taste buds are different than ours and they KNOW if something isn't to their standards! LOL

He actually this year wanted to eat school lunch which I am extactic about because I think he is actually trying new foods and I was getting depressed about him eating the exact same thing day in and day out which he was with the lunches we made for him at home.

MIW