Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #1201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hsmjlkelly
Stats: 153/144.5/110
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: Oct.2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
This sounds crazy but I think it was the yogurt that started the whole issue. I have to be careful what I eat at times and after doing well for several days I added in carbmaster yogurt and raspberries. Sick most of the day after. It could have been the artificial sweetener in the yogurt but I know there are times that whey and just plain yogurt doesn't agree. I just had some tests done but they didn't ck for lactose. Seems as if they should have included it in the allergy tests????
I've had people tell me the yogurt made them worse also. I hope you feel better!
hsmjlkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #1202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
hsmjlkelly, thank you very much for your reply. I'm glad you found something to help, and I hope everything is fine for you now. . I may not have been real clear about what I was eating, but, I was trying to eat like 10 oz. of protein and the carbs for my RM,. I was just so stuffed, and thought, maybe my system just can't handle that amount of food. . I have started adding yogurt to my smoothies. . hopefully I can get it figured out, seems like we all have to make our own personal adjustments, and that's a good thing, as we learn what really works for us, we can have good success.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
hsmjlkelly, thank you very much for your reply. I'm glad you found something to help, and I hope everything is fine for you now. . I may not have been real clear about what I was eating, but, I was trying to eat like 10 oz. of protein and the carbs for my RM,. I was just so stuffed, and thought, maybe my system just can't handle that amount of food. . I have started adding yogurt to my smoothies. . hopefully I can get it figured out, seems like we all have to make our own personal adjustments, and that's a good thing, as we learn what really works for us, we can have good success.

jerri
Are you getting constipated, diarrhea, or just bloating type stomach pain? The only issue I have is that I feel full for a looooong time after eating. Not painful stuffed or anything just "full." I am always sure to eat a ton of veggies and fruit because I tend to be the constipated type if my body had to choose one so I am mindfull of that plus LOTS of water.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #1204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyvamp
Stats: 166/161.6/145
WOE: CAD
Start Date: 10/7/13 restart 12/16/13
Morning,

I just finished over the last few days reading every single post in this thread lol. I did low carb about 10 years ago, lost all the weight I wanted and maintained for 2.5 years. I then got pregnant, and then pregnant again less than a year later. After weaning my youngest, the weight piled on and I just couldn't stick to low carb, I couldn't stick to weight watchers..I have also gotten to goal on that and maintained for years.

The last couple years were spent calorie counting, I like that approach, but was not losing, it took the last year to drop 10 lbs. I was down to 1280 calories a day , I exercise daily, and I still wasn't losing. I came to the conclusion, I am done being miserable.

So, I decided, what the hell, lets try CAD, I never tried it because I feel like I would never lose weight on it. I am so happy to say I was soooo wrong. I am down 4.6lbs in 5 days. I am eating foods I love and no longer have to make myself a separate meal from my family

Kelly
Cyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #1205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/?/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Kelly, that's great news!!!
alliejon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Hi all, good to see many are having success. . MIW, the problem is feeling so uncomfortably full, and constipation. . maybe I am not eating enough veggies. and I don't eat much fruit , at all. . I will try adding more fruit and veggies, but it seems like the protein fills me up so much.. . I'm trying to eat between 8 and 10 oz. of protein. . today I cut back on the meat and added some protein powder to some almond milk. .. maybe that's a way to get enough protein without so much meat. . wouldn't hurt me to have fish and chicken too, I guess.
thanks for the reply and it's good to know that you don't have any major digestion problems cause you've been doing this for quite a while. . I'll get it figured out , soon, I hope. . oh, and I do drink a lot of water, always have.. I drink 4 to 6 32 oz bottles of water per day.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #1207
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyvamp View Post
Morning,

I just finished over the last few days reading every single post in this thread lol. I did low carb about 10 years ago, lost all the weight I wanted and maintained for 2.5 years. I then got pregnant, and then pregnant again less than a year later. After weaning my youngest, the weight piled on and I just couldn't stick to low carb, I couldn't stick to weight watchers..I have also gotten to goal on that and maintained for years.

The last couple years were spent calorie counting, I like that approach, but was not losing, it took the last year to drop 10 lbs. I was down to 1280 calories a day , I exercise daily, and I still wasn't losing. I came to the conclusion, I am done being miserable.

So, I decided, what the hell, lets try CAD, I never tried it because I feel like I would never lose weight on it. I am so happy to say I was soooo wrong. I am down 4.6lbs in 5 days. I am eating foods I love and no longer have to make myself a separate meal from my family

Kelly
Your story sounds just like mine! I'm glad your losing weight.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Hey, I wanted to mention that I did go to the blog, Lowcarb compatible. .I saw it mentioned on here before, and wow, there sure is a lot of good reading.. the lady's name is Teri, and she has written it up for the last several years. . reading it gives me such hope because she sounds like she started out doing the CALP, just like we are. . over the years she made some changes that benefitted her. . I think now, after over 5 years, she has gone wheat free and dairy free.., she has lost over a hundred pounds, what a story.. you can google lowcarb compatible. and get the link.(not sure if we can post links on here)
Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #1209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 225/143.8/130
WOE: BB/CAD
Start Date: April 2009-restart July 2013
Hi! I mainly post over in the Big Breakfast thread, since I've been doing the Stress Eating Cure, but I had a question and thought I'd post it here to get more responses. I was on low carb for many years. Through the years, I've read all the info about how high fat/low carb is good for you and the only time fat is bad is when combined with carbs and sugar. Since starting SEC I've been indulging in the sweets once a day at my reward meal (along with high fat meats, and veggies) and I've been losing. But, in the back of my mind I keep wondering if I'm harming myself allowing myself the sweets since that's what all the low carb readings seem to point to blame for diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Does anyone else worry about this or do I just need to relax??
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #1210
Major LCF Poster!

Kelly- awesome news! Welcome and glad you joined. Your body will tell you what works and what doesn't. For me folling CAD is for life!!!

Jerri- glad you liked Teri's site. I try to tell people about it from time to time as it is a good resource and inspiration!

Jonescarb- if Rachael Heller eats carbs then I'll eat carbs! They studied it a lot and I know for me and the amount of carbs I eat and how good I feel and still lose weight? No questions here...

MIW
Old 10-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #1211
Senior LCF Member

I am back up a pond but not discouraged at all. I am very close to TOM and my dinner was heavy last night. Turkey chili with tons of beans, cornbread and yellow and green snap beans

Last edited by Cyvamp; 10-12-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #1212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Jonescarb, i don't have an answer but I've wondered that, too. I eat very high fat, it's what feels best to me. I haven't added sugar much, but I've been eating more borderline foods, like LC tortillas and dark chocolate and fruit. Im still losing, which would not happen if i ate these foods without IF and CAD guidelines. I would guess that the fasting puts us In a different category. Let me know if you learn anything more on this subject.

I was sure I would gain today. Ate RM at a Mexican restaurant with DH. but I've been craving in N Out so I got a burger after he went home. 2200 calories for the day. Done by 1:15. Down .2 tHis morning. Relieved and happy!
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #1213
Senior LCF Member

hsmjlkelly, we sure do seem pretty similar. Where in NC are you?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #1214
Senior LCF Member

It's nice to see all of the new people here, glad to have you sharing with us. . it has helped me so much to get a picture of what has really gone on with my weight loss problems over the years. . I think it's true that if a metabolism is broken, as mine is, the body can find a way to repair if given a chance. . insulin resistance is the big thing for me,. .and CALP seems to be a method that will let the body kind of relearn how to release the insulin the way it's meant to. .my health has not been good because of a severe back injury years ago. . I've spent a lot of time in bed, and in pain, I want to say that in the last 6 months, since I've done some IF, and now the CALP, I can tell my body is getting stronger.. my muscles are much stronger..I pushed a grocery cart all over a small store yesterday, and I tell you, a year ago, there is no way I could have done that. .I'm ever starting to do some of the Sit n Be Fit things from a chair.. so, anyone who doubts the body's ability to heal, may be quite surprised after doing CALP and or IF for a few months. . I am only showing a loss of 6 lbs..but I have jeans and other clothes that I can feel are so much looser, so something is going on with fat loss too. .

jerri
Old 10-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #1215
Senior LCF Member

I am pretty sure I over ate tonight, spaghetti with lots of meat sauce, a piece of garlic bread, a half of a large cucumber, edamame and 3 dark chocolate bliss. Anyone else still watch calories? I have a hard time letting that go
Old 10-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am pretty sure I over ate tonight, spaghetti with lots of meat sauce, a piece of garlic bread, a half of a large cucumber, edamame and 3 dark chocolate bliss. Anyone else still watch calories? I have a hard time letting that go
I watch calories but to make sure I am getting enough. If I don't get at least 1800 I worry. I do not want to lose weight by cutting calories or by over exercising. I have done that one a million times. I know I will gain the weight back the minute I stop restriction and exercising. Period. I know my weight loss is super slow but I have realized it is almost the reverse from the last time I lost 25 pounds and kept it off for two years! However my metabolism changed (had weaned my son also from breastfeeding) and slowly slowly slowy it all came right back to where it had been.

MIW
Old 10-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #1217
Senior LCF Member

If I eat over 1300 net calories, I feel like I am over eating. I guess I will see what happens, I tend to be a bit obsessive..there is not enough people doing this, all my diet forums have WW, low cal, low carb, very few have CAD and the ones that do show the people losing and gaining the same couple pounds
Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #1218
Senior LCF Member

Down another 0.2. 147.8.

Yesterday, I got hungry at 4 PM. Hungriest I've been since starting this WOE. I ate a small CM, just the minimum to take the edge off. But I wanted to REALLY eat! Here's the thing, though, in the past once I felt like that, I would eat. I couldn't control it. And I would gain. I've been on that rollercoaster for two years. Eat well 4 days or so, binge and gain day 5, start over. But yesterday I didn't. I told myself I could eat whatever I wanted in the morning, and I waited out the hunger. I've literally never been able to do that before.

So today I had my RM early: salad, cheeseburger patty, fish, cauliflower and zucchini, macadamia nuts, mock Danish, cheesecake - HWC whipped with sweetener and cream cheese, topped with blueberries. It was a feast. No counting calories today. I feel happy and good.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #1219
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
hsmjlkelly, we sure do seem pretty similar. Where in NC are you?
I live in Reidsville. Where are you? Your RM sound pretty good!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #1220
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Hi! I mainly post over in the Big Breakfast thread, since I've been doing the Stress Eating Cure, but I had a question and thought I'd post it here to get more responses. I was on low carb for many years. Through the years, I've read all the info about how high fat/low carb is good for you and the only time fat is bad is when combined with carbs and sugar. Since starting SEC I've been indulging in the sweets once a day at my reward meal (along with high fat meats, and veggies) and I've been losing. But, in the back of my mind I keep wondering if I'm harming myself allowing myself the sweets since that's what all the low carb readings seem to point to blame for diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Does anyone else worry about this or do I just need to relax??
I think as long as you eat your sweets within an hour of your reward meal, your body can do what it is suppose to do, insulin wise.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #1221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmjlkelly View Post
I live in Reidsville. Where are you? Your RM sound pretty good!

I live in Morrisville, just an hour and a half away, thats pretty cool

I had my official weigh in, I am down 3 lbs for my first week. Not bad since it was actually more, but I splurged a bit last night at the mall and had chinese and a frozen yogurt. My daily calories were 2300 . I never do that
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #1222
Senior LCF Member

Since my morning meal was so big yesterday, I tried to stick to just that. But I couldn't; too hungry. I guess I'm a two meal a day person, at least for now. Back to that today.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #1223
Senior LCF Member

Well I got my new bamboo solar power scale, and I took a hit!! It's about 3 pounds higher than my other scale. But, it is closer to my doctor's scale, so I went ahead and logged the weight and will track from there from now on.

I was very sick all weekend with an odd flu/muscle weakness. I'm feeling much better today. I didn't eat right while I was sick, but I also didn't care about what I was eating either.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #1224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
If I eat over 1300 net calories, I feel like I am over eating. I guess I will see what happens, I tend to be a bit obsessive..there is not enough people doing this, all my diet forums have WW, low cal, low carb, very few have CAD and the ones that do show the people losing and gaining the same couple pounds
Depending on your weight, age, and metabolism 1300 might be all you need. Depending on which calculator I use, for my sex, weight, age, I am supposed to be at 1800-2300 a day. I am eating that amount and LOSING. And that is with no extra exercise. I am very reluctant to go into calorie counting as I have seen for myself that this is working. I completely understand the concept of calorie restriction and exercise (calories in vs. calories out) approach to weight loss. I decided when I started doing this almost a year ago that I was NEVER getting back on the diet roller coaster. I decided to give CAD another try because I remember the actual science behind it, plus their approach was to not count calories or weigh food portions, NOR to avoid food groups. I decided to push this WOE to the limits and see if their promise of controlling insulin would cause stored fat to be burned and to not store the food eaten to fat and I can plainly see for myself it is all true and does in fact work perfectly.

I am not sure what CAD threads/groups you are on because I am on every one on the net that I could find. I think that for people eating this way looking for quick fix results are going to be the ones who give up and seem to gain/lose back and forth. I have been in plateaus myself but I have stuck with this day after day for almost an entire year with only 10 days that I did not eat according to the principles. I have lost 23 pounds and never cut a calorie! In fact I am fairly certain I am actually eating more. I just know what works for me and I have been very scientific about it. I am an RN and educated, college degree, OCD type myself so I am not going to lie to myself or anyone else. I have found the coffee rule in the book does not work for me and I gain if I consume even black coffee. In the CALP book the Heller's discuss and hint that caffeine may be an insulin trigger for some people and I found out for myself it was. You just look for what works for you and your particular metabolism. If I am eating carbs all day and sneaking MSG, sugar free stuff, etc into my diet and not taking CAD seriously then how can I blame the WOE when I am not losing weight? Not trying to pick on people but I have seen several people come, go, come back, go, come back again on these same threads who are not dedicated to this WOE and routinely eat carbs twice a day or more, diet sodas, etc. I also suspect many do not eat enough calories as well so then they are hungry again an hour later and do not ever feel satisfied. My approach is eat eat eat and eat good nutritious foods, whatever portion of your daily fix you need carb-wise is, enjoy life, and just stick to the one hour carb rule, keep the other insulin triggers out of any other meal and watch the weight slowly fall off.

MIW
Old 10-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #1225
Senior LCF Member

I am no expert, but I have seen more people say CAD worked for them long term (years and years) more so than other plans... I can't say the same yet, but I am hoping to be a success story. For me, they key is the addiction reduction... I have lost 10-20 pounds on many different diets, but none of them ever cut the addiction for me like CAD.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

I think the ones who I see fail are the ones that are completely binging at the RM, I mean eating more food than my entire family. lol, I really want this to work for me, I have no problem sticking to a plan, but the last couple years they just havent worked for me
Old 10-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #1227
Senior LCF Member

do you guys have some message boards with good sucess stories, I love to read them
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think the ones who I see fail are the ones that are completely binging at the RM, I mean eating more food than my entire family. lol, I really want this to work for me, I have no problem sticking to a plan, but the last couple years they just havent worked for me
The best place I have found for inspiration is amazon for the book reviews. There are over 300 for CAD and close to 300 for CALP and many of the reviews are by people who have done it for years. I still go there from time to time as I really enjoy reading them.

There are some of us who do eat a lot and still lose. You just have to do what works for you and go with that. I personally enjoy eating one large meal a day and I am 212 pounds. I know another gal who eats almost identical style and amounts/calories who is in maintenence who weighs 105-110 lbs so we all come in different shapes and sizes and can still do the same diet and have success.

There are many many many more who do 2 CM's and the RM and find that as their WOE to be successfull with. I just like to share my personal experience because other people who I have learned from took the time to share their success and failures and it has helped me along my journey to find a WOE I can follow and be happy with and realistically feel I can do the rest of my life and not just suffer through and get off of when I lose the desired weight. I want to find a satisfying WOE that works for me that I can do for life.

MIW
Old 10-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Still doing one RM only each day early for breakfast. Up just 0.16 pounds this week but started TOM and usually GAIN over a pound so I am extactic with this amount! My weight all week was 212 "point something" and I don't think I ever had a single week where I had such minimal fluctuation of weight. Most weeks I would see a 2 pound difference in weights usually 2 or more times that week so to be 212.... each day was interesting. When I get caught up I will post my weekly avg list for all to see. I cannot believe this WOE it still blows my mind how well I eat and don't feel deprived and the weight just keeps slowly burning itself off!!!

MIW
Old 10-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #1230
Senior LCF Member

I have checked oyt some of the Amazon reviews, there are some amazing sucesses there. I dont see many here doing CAD, seems like a lot of Judd, stillmans, atkins. Its hard to find any messageboards with it. I have checked out everything Atkins, one girl posted a lot, but she was running, and eating less than I do and losing little. I love this messageboard, I have been a member for..gosh..100 years, way back in like...hmm...98? I think,,,when I was doing protein power.