Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #1171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hsmjlkelly
Stats: 153/144.5/110
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: Oct.2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
I am going to try this tomorrow. Still having some tummy issues so probably will do rm in am but not so much volume and have a cm at dinner. Want to try fasting for approx 8-10 hrs if I can. Will take it day by day. Went to dr this am. He would like to see about 10 ounces of protein a day if I don't feel well tomorrow I shall have protein at lunch with maybe a few celery sticks. Going to do some testing in Dec if this doesn't clear up.
Maybe you need some yogurt to get everything back on track, on your RM.
hsmjlkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #1172
Junior LCF Member

I'm done with my first week and have not lost a pound but I have lost 1/2" on my arms, waist, and bust!! I REALLY need to lose in my butt and hips, and thighs but I always lose up top first. Not bad to have eaten at Golden Corral, McDonalds, Papa Johns on my first week!

MIW I read your review on Amazon also and went with buying "7 day Rescue and Recovery" and the cookbook by the Hellers. I LOVE your advice! I'm starting to think the AS are affecting me more than I want to admit, more hunger and jittery?

When I'm not on the CAD sugar can make me shaky, tired, dazed but after my RM I feel drowsy for a shorter period of time and then it "lifts" and I'm back to being "normal clear minded" which I have NOT felt in a long time until now!

Last edited by hsmjlkelly; 10-08-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #1173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Many year ago I used to follow the Beverly Hills Diet and Fit for Life which said to eat fruit in the morning up until noon and I had always loved the way I felt but it seemed if I ate fruit all day and then cooked food at night I always gained so I just figured this out with my big breakfast diet and CAD and fruit diets. I just love the cleansing and healthy kind of energy I get when I start out the day with fruit. I notice that MIW is having a lot of fruit smoothies too and they have helped her in the weight loss too.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #1174
Major LCF Poster!

I don't have a long list like MIW does of all my weights but I do know that 2 weeks ago I changed my eating to early in the day and was 110.5 and today I was 105.5. I am not starving as you can see! LOL! This has not been eating in an hour every day either but starting at 4 a.m. with a lot of mono fruit even though I have to force myself to eat even after fasting all night and then after my morning jog I eat around 9 a.m. and have a feast.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #1175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Many year ago I used to follow the Beverly Hills Diet and Fit for Life which said to eat fruit in the morning up until noon and I had always loved the way I felt but it seemed if I ate fruit all day and then cooked food at night I always gained so I just figured this out with my big breakfast diet and CAD and fruit diets. I just love the cleansing and healthy kind of energy I get when I start out the day with fruit. I notice that MIW is having a lot of fruit smoothies too and they have helped her in the weight loss too.
Oh my goodness. I too followed those diets. The Beverly Hills one worked for me!
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #1176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmjlkelly View Post
Maybe you need some yogurt to get everything back on track, on your RM.
This sounds crazy but I think it was the yogurt that started the whole issue. I have to be careful what I eat at times and after doing well for several days I added in carbmaster yogurt and raspberries. Sick most of the day after. It could have been the artificial sweetener in the yogurt but I know there are times that whey and just plain yogurt doesn't agree. I just had some tests done but they didn't ck for lactose. Seems as if they should have included it in the allergy tests????
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #1177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I would be sure to drink lots of water if you increase your protein. Too much protein can be hard on the kidneys.

I got sensitive to Jiffy brand peanut butter after I started following CAD. I got MAJOR headaches after eating it which I never had prior to eating this way. The only thing I could think of is hormonally I changed and there is something in Jiffy or the combo of ingredients that no longer agrees with me. Too bad because I loved to add scoops of it to bowls of icr cream. Talk about YUM and satisfying!

MIW
Old 10-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Mary N, I love the BHD and could never get away from it. I am sort of doing that now but NOW I lose weight. I have found how to make it work. I make myself get up really early and eat my miscombined meal at 8 or 9 and I lose. Maybe we should start a BHD board too! Anyway there is no mistaking this works. I am going to up the fruit in the a.m and also I have to eat a couple lunches this week as I had to preorder food at this fancy place for the teacher's convention but I still am having fruit on Sat. when I get home and free the rest of the day and evening. If I gain I will go back to early fruit and early brunches.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #1179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Allie, thanks for sharing your experience. Enjoy your new scale when it comes!

MaryN, hope you feel better soon. Bummer to get hit with roadblocks while trying to figure out your WOE.

Hmsj, coongrats on losses! I always lose up top first, too. I have to measure people and it is interesting to see the different weight loss patterns.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #1180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Down another .5 pound for total of 3 on CAD (11.5 since I started trying)!!!! I love this woe!! My hubby made delicious cabbage, ground beef, and splash of balsamic vinegar!! So good! I told him if we have that type of dish around I can stay on plan easily!!

No hunger yesterday!!
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #1181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eok2008
Stats: 324/316/169
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Restart CAD 11/29/2011
Have not posted in a while. But I am still working at this. Some days are good and some not so good.
eok2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #1182
Major LCF Poster!

Don't feel bad, we are all working this out. In fact, this morning I am really missing my rm breakfast and want to EAT. I have a new plan for this week. I am doing this:

Sunday: RM Lunch
Monday-Friday: RM Breakfast
Saturday: CM Breakfast/CM Lunch/RM Dinner

So instead of eating outside of the hour I am going to stick to my hour rm lunch or breakfast and then Saturday will be a free day but with cms instead of whatever all day. Still eating my big amounts and running. We'll see if I feel any different with these few additions.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #1183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gwebster
Good Morning...I lost another pound and I do not care if it is water weight! I have a question. Has anyone considered taking Garcinia Cambogia along with the CAD or CALP diet? Dr Oz is really promoting it.
gwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

gwebster are you eating one rm a day or cms too? Are you eating your rm early? For me it has been the key to losing. Today I had a fruit rm only this morning and will have a big steak and salad with ranch for my cm lunch as I got jipped out on my rm this morning. Then I will probably have a cup of coffee with heavy cream for another cm later. I usually don't do cms except on Sat. but I had to today as I am sociallizing with the teachers for lunch. It's okay. It makes for a nice change. Also, tomorrow I will have a rm lunch only as we go to Paradise Bakery for clubhouse sandwiches, chips, drink and cookie. That will keep me full. Then they are giving up a $10 VOUCHER for breakfast on Friday so that will be my rm breakfast and nothing else for the day. I may have to go over the $10 though! LOL!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Down another .5 pound for total of 3 on CAD (11.5 since I started trying)!!!! I love this woe!! My hubby made delicious cabbage, ground beef, and splash of balsamic vinegar!! So good! I told him if we have that type of dish around I can stay on plan easily!!

No hunger yesterday!!
Just stick with it meal to meal and day to day and do not waiver! It does work for sure. Have you ever gone to amazon and looked at the book reviews for CAD and CALP? There are about 300 each and 99% are sucess stories that are sooooo inspiring.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwebster View Post
Good Morning...I lost another pound and I do not care if it is water weight! I have a question. Has anyone considered taking Garcinia Cambogia along with the CAD or CALP diet? Dr Oz is really promoting it.
I personally thought about doing supplements and have read a lot of those that Dr. Oz promotes. Here are the reasons I decided NOT to go that route:

A) expense
B) unless I am going to take them every day the rest of my life I am not willing to do something that requires getting on and off the diet merry go round
C) Most of Dr. Oz's "science" is very gimmicky and limited. He shouldn't even be allowed on the air IMO for some of the things he promotes. A vast majority of those "studies" are with as little as 8 participants and studied over only 2 weeks. That is not science. The Heller's studied ONE THOUSAND PEOPLE for TWO YEARS!!!! Big big big difference.

Plus I have personally tried all sorts of supplements: chromium picolonate, GTF chromium, ceylon cinnamon, hoodia, grapefruit extract etc etc etc and never saw an iota of difference or was VERY short lived. I want something I can do for life that is not going to affect my metabolism the second I stop.

MIW

MIW
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #1187
Junior LCF Member

Oriana, thank you for responding to my reply. This whole "thread thing" is new to me! I am trying to eat just a RM a day. I can not do the BB...have to open up a daycare at 6am and do not get home until 6:30pm. I do my reward meal in the evening. This seems to work for me since as soon as I step into my house the EAT light goes on! The one meal a day interested me because you seem to have had a lot of success. How much weight have you lost and how long did it take you? You are an inspiration!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #1188
Junior LCF Member

Makes perfect sense, MIW. Thank you. I agree, I think Dr. Oz is kind of gimmicky.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #1189
Senior LCF Member

Oops!! Wasn't thinking and went over my hour limit at RM lunch today - about 1 1/2-2 hours!!! I hope it doesn't make a negative impact. So far, still no hunger, but I have never gone over the hour limit on the RM before!!! I was distracted with work and got off track.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #1190
Senior LCF Member

So I'm digging the RM lunch - never thought I'd say that... But my husband cooks good healthy food at night, so the CM is pretty easy in the evening... I'm on my own at lunch, so it is more "free" to have what I want without my hubby or son criticizing my food choices, which does happen from time to time!! I've lost 3 pounds since October 4, so it's working!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I'm digging the RM lunch - never thought I'd say that... But my husband cooks good healthy food at night, so the CM is pretty easy in the evening... I'm on my own at lunch, so it is more "free" to have what I want without my hubby or son criticizing my food choices, which does happen from time to time!! I've lost 3 pounds since October 4, so it's working!
Yes you have got to do this for YOU and YOUR way. People will sabotage you even unintentionally. You have to make a decision that you are doing this for your health and how you feel about eating and don't listen to them- even spouses sometimes. I am in this almost a year. My husband has heard me rant and rave about this WOE and seen for himself how much I eat, my complete lack of hunger and how good I look. He is now on his 3rd attempt and it can be frustrating for me that he wont commit even though he knows it works but he has to figure it out for himself and finds what works for him so I have to be aware of that and you know you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink sort of thing...

MIW
Old 10-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #1192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Great loss, Alliejon! I know what you mean, since I'm eating so much at a time I'd rather not have anyone notice it. My husband never criticizes, but he worries about me and my health and habits. I actually told him I was doing this experiment, (unlike JUDDD which I hid) but doesn't mean he "gets" how big my main meal is.

Here's today's menu B: 1 egg, 1 bacon, 2 cups spinach, little onion, all scrambled together in butter and topped with pepper jack cheese.

Large Lunch: salad with guacamole and olive oil as dressing; tuna, mayo and pickle on a red bell pepper; zucchini with olive oil and parmesan; 1 oz almonds; quesadilla - LC tortilla with taco meat and cheddar; dessert "cheesecake" - HWC and cream cheese whipped with vanilla and sweetener, topped with blueberries and milled flax. My total calories for the day are 1980.

Unless I gain, I'll keep on eating this way. I love it. Before vacation I was down to 148. After vacation (last Thursday) 151. Today 148.6.

Last edited by Yvonnem2000; 10-09-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #1193
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I am back.......2 weeks with family in hospitals and travel, so the eating has been lousy.
And not on plan.
Getting back on the plan AGAIN. Life keeps getting in my way. When I am tired, exhausted or stressed, eating does not maintain priority level.
That is my main issue. And I know it is all me.
But I have been maintaining a few minutes of exercise every day.....even when eating is off-plan.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #1194
Senior LCF Member

2nd oops!! Last night I ordered a taco bell "bowl" and asked for "no corn"... thinking it was all salad fixings... well I got home and it had rice and blackbeans underneath!! I made the executive decision to go ahead and eat the delicious concoction!! But it meant a 2nd RM in one day... The first oops was going over the hour limit on my lunch RM. I did not go crazy though - I ate nothing else the rest of the night.

This morning the scale is the same, no gain/no loss - but I have to admit - I did wake up thinking about food and wanting carbs... I had my RM for breakfast.. A reminder that any tweak of the rules can impact cravings and thoughts of food.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
2nd oops!! Last night I ordered a taco bell "bowl" and asked for "no corn"... thinking it was all salad fixings... well I got home and it had rice and blackbeans underneath!! I made the executive decision to go ahead and eat the delicious concoction!! But it meant a 2nd RM in one day... The first oops was going over the hour limit on my lunch RM. I did not go crazy though - I ate nothing else the rest of the night.

This morning the scale is the same, no gain/no loss - but I have to admit - I did wake up thinking about food and wanting carbs... I had my RM for breakfast.. A reminder that any tweak of the rules can impact cravings and thoughts of food.
Do you remember Teri? She lost 100 pounds in about 5 years following CALP. You should read her blog where she started eating wheat and it spiraled her cravings out of control! Very eye opening. Her site is lowcarbcompatible

MIW
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #1196
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!! Yes, I follow Teri!! She is very inspiring!! I am not as strict as she is with food choices. I don't imagine I could ever cut out a type of food completely. I pretty much eat what I want, which is why I stick to original CAD. But I think the 2nd RM in one day (plus going over on time limit) might have stirred up cravings... The 2nd RM didn't have any wheat products at all.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #1197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eok2008
Stats: 324/316/169
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Restart CAD 11/29/2011
Good morning all, everyone have a great day. Yes I had a good day yesterday. I have decided to stay off the scale for a while. Hoping for some loss when I do weigh!
eok2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #1198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Hello, everyone. nice to see all of you here. . and thanks for sharing the good information too. . iakaren, sorry that your life has been so out of sync, but, you will be able to get back on track, . that's the way life goes sometimes, and you roll with the changes. , that's really what keeps me going on this woe, the fact that we do hit roadblocks, but you can always start again the next day..
MIW, I have a strange kind of medical question for you.. if you don't mind.. ..
I have had to cut back on my RM, as far as size and volume of food .. it seems , that my digestive system just doesn't want to handle as big a meal as I need to have once a day. . is that possible?, or. , I wonder if it's the kind of food I eat. .
usually it's meat, veggies. . maybe a waffle , some fruit or a smoothie. . .I first
was able to eat as much as 1500 to 1800 calories at the RM, but after a while, I started having problems with stomach & other discomfort. . well, all I know to do at this point is to have the carbs at one meal, then I will need a CM or two to get me thru the day. . .I'm trying to stick to the carbs only at one meal and eat within an hour, but I've had to back off the size of the meal, and maybe within a week I will have an answer. . just wondered if you ever had any trouble similar to this when you first started CALP.

jerri.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #1199
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Hello, everyone. nice to see all of you here. . and thanks for sharing the good information too. . iakaren, sorry that your life has been so out of sync, but, you will be able to get back on track, . that's the way life goes sometimes, and you roll with the changes. , that's really what keeps me going on this woe, the fact that we do hit roadblocks, but you can always start again the next day..
MIW, I have a strange kind of medical question for you.. if you don't mind.. ..
I have had to cut back on my RM, as far as size and volume of food .. it seems , that my digestive system just doesn't want to handle as big a meal as I need to have once a day. . is that possible?, or. , I wonder if it's the kind of food I eat. .
usually it's meat, veggies. . maybe a waffle , some fruit or a smoothie. . .I first
was able to eat as much as 1500 to 1800 calories at the RM, but after a while, I started having problems with stomach & other discomfort. . well, all I know to do at this point is to have the carbs at one meal, then I will need a CM or two to get me thru the day. . .I'm trying to stick to the carbs only at one meal and eat within an hour, but I've had to back off the size of the meal, and maybe within a week I will have an answer. . just wondered if you ever had any trouble similar to this when you first started CALP.

jerri.
Hi, I'm not MIW but I had problems in the past of diarrhea after I would eat any or all of my meals. I went of off the CAD and used yogurt and Citrucell fiber to get me back on track. I'm now only on my 2nd week returning to CAD and so far have not had any problems yet. HTH and MIW can add.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #1200
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Do you remember Teri? She lost 100 pounds in about 5 years following CALP. You should read her blog where she started eating wheat and it spiraled her cravings out of control! Very eye opening. Her site is lowcarbcompatible

MIW
I love her also! I read where she said carbs make her crazy, lazy and dumb! That really hit home with me b/c it describes me when I'm not on CAD/CALP!