Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Here are my weekly avg. You see my decent loss the last 2 weeks? That is from switching RM's to breakfast! Trust me I still eat eat eat and the weight is coming off way better!

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

Week 49- 213 211.8 212 212.2 213 212.4 213 (212.49) -1.60

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #1142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Love your photo MIW!! What is your name?

I am on day 3... Today I did RM lunch, which was fine for about 7 hours, but I was very hungry tonight. I know RM dinner works best for me, but I'm having a challenge getting with the program!! I know it will get easier as I get more days behind me. I know I can have another CM snack, but I've already had one today, so I'm trying to stick with 3 meals and 1 snack... My body is adjusting to the WW grazing I've been doing before starting back on CAD.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post

I am on day 3... Today I did RM lunch, which was fine for about 7 hours, but I was very hungry tonight. I know RM dinner works best for me, but I'm having a challenge getting with the program!! I know it will get easier as I get more days behind me. I know I can have another CM snack, but I've already had one today, so I'm trying to stick with 3 meals and 1 snack... My body is adjusting to the WW grazing I've been doing before starting back on CAD.
Eat bigger RM and CMs! I know it sounds strange but this isn't about calories. It is about insulin release. Be sure to eat ANY meal in under an hour and at least 90 minutes after you finish one meal before you start another. Some people I have read are very strict and if they pause for more than 5 minutes they stop eating because they believe it triggers more insulin surge when you resume eating again! Do not feel like you aren't doing something right because you are hungry. However look at the CM's because your one hour RM is almost never to blame, unless it is plain out all carbs and not enough protein/fat to balance. The CM's or even caffeine, MSG, sugar free and artificial ingredients, some people the buttermilk in the Ranch salad drsgs, etc etc can all cause issues. It takes a while to weed out the culprits but the first week or so I wouldn't worry too much.

MIW stands for my screen name: Make It Work. I don't like to use my real name on the internet but I do give other info like I really am a nurse (RN), I live in the Puget Sound of WA state, raise rabbits, son has autism, that sort of stuff. It is just a personal choice I make.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 10-06-2013 at 10:43 PM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That was my mermaid pose at Cannon Beach in Oregon. I just tried to fit into those same jeans and still have a way to go. I had only my son at that point and am not sure if the second kiddo caused my hip bones to widen out even more! LOL Those were size 16 jeans and boy did they seem small when I held them up. I always remember them seeming so large.

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #1145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Good Morning,
My weight is up this morning. 119.8. I felt really unwell as the day went on yesterday. I am very swollen this am. Funny thing is I had the BB yesterday and just a little creamed spinach for dinner. I made the spinach so that isn't the prob. I think it might be the yogurt and/or the raspberries for breakfast. Everything else was the same as the other breakfasts this week just a bigger portion. Today I am going back to a little lighter rm breakfast and a light cm for dinner. Will take it easy these next few days and then try again for the BB. This seems like a reaction to something and not just the BB itself and heck maybe I just have a little bug. not giving up and if the rm breakfast and cm dinner work best that's not a bad thing!
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #1146
Senior LCF Member

Day 4 - weigh-in -1.5 pounds total.

Feeling more in control. Had to have an extra CM snack last night, because I was uncomfortably hungry and didn't think I could go to bed feeling like that. My RMS are great... I need to work at getting my CMs so that I'm eating enough to get to the next meal. More veggies is the key I think. This morning I had veggies with my eggs so I will see if that helps sustain me until lunch.

It is helping me mentally to tell myself I'm putting this plan to the test. Last night I was tempted to have a 2nd RM... but I stopped myself by thinking about how I wanted to put this to the test...and if I had a 2nd RM, I wouldn't be on plan. This morning, the scale dropped 1 pound for my total of 1.5...

Last edited by alliejon; 10-07-2013 at 07:59 AM..
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #1147
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gwebster
Momof10

Joining you today! Love reading all of your posts!
gwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Feeling more in control. Had to have an extra CM snack last night, because I was uncomfortably hungry and didn't think I could go to bed feeling like that. My RMS are great... I need to work at getting my CMs so that I'm eating enough to get to the next meal. More veggies is the key I think. This morning I had veggies with my eggs so I will see if that helps sustain me until lunch.

It is helping me mentally to tell myself I'm putting this plan to the test. Last night I was tempted to have a 2nd RM... but I stopped myself by thinking about how I wanted to put this to the test...and if I had a 2nd RM, I wouldn't be on plan. This morning, the scale dropped 1 pound for my total of 1.5...

Awesome! Just keep it up meal to meal, day to day. If you have a "bad" day, be sure to eat better the next. I find veggies to be essential. I will eat an entire large head of rommaine lettuce, 4 stalks of celery and some mushrooms for ONE salad! LOL

I can eat a half of large head of cabbage stir fried with some bacon. I love veggies!!!

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Today's Big Breakfast RM from 8-9am:

1 C leftover chicken noodle cabbage stir fry
1 large tortilla
1/2 C cheese
1 scrambled egg
4 pc bacon (made a wrap with this)
Large smoothie with 1 banana, 1 orange, 1 apple, 1 C ice and 1 C full fat vanilla yogurt
Large coffee milkshake with 2 C moosetracks ice cream, 1/2 C half & half, 1 SB via
4 Chocholate chip cookies

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonnem2000
Stats: 148.6/151/135
WOE: Atkins Induction + veggies
Start Date: April 2012
So, if I were going to read just one of their books, would you recommend CAD, CALP, or SEC? I'm currently reading SEC because it's the only one my library has. Is it important to go back and read the older ones, or is this the most up to date and will have enough info? I'm not very far into it yet so I don't know the actual eating plan.
Yvonnem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #1151
Junior LCF Member

Hello friends. I have been lurking on this sight for about a year now. I did the CAD 2 years ago and lost almost 30 lbs. I started today, again! My weight is higher than it has ever been without being pregnant. I have 10 children and 12 beautiful grandchildren. I am 56 years old and need to lose at least 60+lbs. I want to be healthy to enjoy all God has blessed me with. I plan on doing just a CM and a RM and hopefully get to doing just one RM. My weight was 190.5 this morning. So far I have had one cup of coffee and a spinich salad with turkey and ranch dressing. Thank you for letting me blab on..
Old 10-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #1152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hsmjlkelly
Stats: 153/144.5/110
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: Oct.2013
Quote:

Keep going! I'm on day 7 and the hunger is way down! I eat 2-3 CM and a BIG RM. I stay off the scale and actually it went up but that is ok. My watch is looser and my top area seems smaller(breast, arms and face). 2 RM a day is a no no but your next RM will be here before you know it! No RM's on Adkins and WW all my points and then some would be used up and those nagging cravings! If you slip up and have 2 RM's, it will take a couple of days to get back on track on not being hungry. I did this diet for 6 years in the past and it takes a little while to get going but it will work.
hsmjlkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

So true

HMSJIKelly - I could have written what you wrote about using up all WW points and still craving!! That has happened to me so many times, and feeling like I had to "white knuckle" it!!! I'm also happy to see another person who does 2-3 CMs and 1 RM - that is what works for me. I have never been able, nor do I want, to reduce meal numbers per day.

Nice that we all have one thing or another in common!!!

I had an RM lunch, but I don't think I had enough protein... I'm already hungry 2 hours later, so I know I did something wrong!! It's a learning process.

CM tonight will be ground beef and cabbage.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I am not surprised to see that a lot of us have had similar experiences with WW., . it is a good healthy program, the problem was.. I was always hungry. ,and as soon as I stopped the program a short while, I gained back even more than I lost, ,. I'm still having my RM at breakfast, today I added a large protein shake with some frozen peaches, have been stuffed ever since. . haven't lost anymore by the scale, but I'm trying to stay away from doing it everyday..and that's just me. it affects my mood so much when I don't see any loss. . I agree , this is a process of adjustment, but it makes so much sense.. even since I'm going over 14 hours most days without eating anything, it isn't really bothering me. . I wish you all good success, let's stay with it and I do believe it's going to work .

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

The scale is not my friend either. I like to weigh in the beginning, just because I have the "too good to be true" feeling of not feeling deprived - and the scale moves down like magic!!! So now that I know the scale is going down, I will probably stop weighing for a while now and just go with the flow following the program each day. I am afraid if I get on the scale and it shows a gain, I might mentally go crazy and then sabotage my efforts.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwebster View Post
Hello friends. I have been lurking on this sight for about a year now. I did the CAD 2 years ago and lost almost 30 lbs. I started today, again! My weight is higher than it has ever been without being pregnant. I have 10 children and 12 beautiful grandchildren. I am 56 years old and need to lose at least 60+lbs. I want to be healthy to enjoy all God has blessed me with. I plan on doing just a CM and a RM and hopefully get to doing just one RM. My weight was 190.5 this morning. So far I have had one cup of coffee and a spinich salad with turkey and ranch dressing. Thank you for letting me blab on..
I am glad you are back and you know it works! Do it YOUR way, find how you like to eat and it will work! Just follow the rules as you know and the rest will fall into place. I hope to be your weight in the next few months

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnem2000 View Post
So, if I were going to read just one of their books, would you recommend CAD, CALP, or SEC? I'm currently reading SEC because it's the only one my library has. Is it important to go back and read the older ones, or is this the most up to date and will have enough info? I'm not very far into it yet so I don't know the actual eating plan.
Personally I just like to read and learn as much about insulin resistance as possible. Of the 3 books mentioned, I think CALP is the best. I found SEVERAL copies at ONE thrift store for $1-3 each so there are plenty to be found. If you lived near me I'd just loan you a copy

The reason I choose CALP: it very well defines the RM which a lot of people struggled with. It also goes more into details about SF/AS, MSG, caffeine and other things that can trip people up from the original CAD. It also discusses or hints at "meal reduction" as being one of the "Options" they discuss in the book. Gone are the A, B, C, D plans from the first book and all the recipes with sugar-free ingredients. It goes more into detail on the test for hyperinsulinemia. The reason I don't recommend SEC as much is because they do not mention the ONE HOUR RULE one time and that bothered a lot of their followers. It really stuck in people's craw on that one since they "sold" the idea of the one hour RM as having to do with a biphasic insulin release. And they have never owned up to why they left that out. Was it a hoax or what? Does the one hour really matter or not? I believe it does and still follow it religiously and recommend others as well because it limits binging and grazing habits which I know leads to more hunger and weight gain. Just my 2 cents....

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #1158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
HMSJIKelly - I could have written what you wrote about using up all WW points and still craving!! That has happened to me so many times, and feeling like I had to "white knuckle" it!!! I'm also happy to see another person who does 2-3 CMs and 1 RM - that is what works for me. I have never been able, nor do I want, to reduce meal numbers per day.

Nice that we all have one thing or another in common!!!

I had an RM lunch, but I don't think I had enough protein... I'm already hungry 2 hours later, so I know I did something wrong!! It's a learning process.

CM tonight will be ground beef and cabbage.
I love CAD and will always say if you are hungry eat! If not, don't. That is why I say I am a CAD'er first and foremost, and an intermittent faster second. I love the flexibility to still be able to eat to control cravings and hunger and STILL lose! I started out doing 2 CM's and a dinner RM for the first few months. I wasn't born a one breakfast meal a day gal. It is something my eating habits evolved into over time as I played with my metabolism to see what worked and what didn't. The only times I have ever been hungry on any WOE in the CAD realm was when I either limited my portions or didn't eat enough protein or fat. So we are talking maybe 10 days out of the last 320!

MIW
Old 10-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Personally I just like to read and learn as much about insulin resistance as possible. Of the 3 books mentioned, I think CALP is the best. I found SEVERAL copies at ONE thrift store for $1-3 each so there are plenty to be found. If you lived near me I'd just loan you a copy

The reason I choose CALP: it very well defines the RM which a lot of people struggled with. It also goes more into details about SF/AS, MSG, caffeine and other things that can trip people up from the original CAD. It also discusses or hints at "meal reduction" as being one of the "Options" they discuss in the book. Gone are the A, B, C, D plans from the first book and all the recipes with sugar-free ingredients. It goes more into detail on the test for hyperinsulinemia. The reason I don't recommend SEC as much is because they do not mention the ONE HOUR RULE one time and that bothered a lot of their followers. It really stuck in people's craw on that one since they "sold" the idea of the one hour RM as having to do with a biphasic insulin release. And they have never owned up to why they left that out. Was it a hoax or what? Does the one hour really matter or not? I believe it does and still follow it religiously and recommend others as well because it limits binging and grazing habits which I know leads to more hunger and weight gain. Just my 2 cents....

MIW
Thanks so much for the recommendation! I finished SEC today. To be honest, it seemed like a lot more pages than it needed to be, and not all that clear. If I hadn't seen how you are putting CAD into practice, I don't even know if I would have understood it. I'll look for a copy of CALP.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #1160
Senior LCF Member

Misc.

I have also found various versions of the Heller's books at thrift stores. They are 50 cents for soft copy at one place I go. I buy extras when I see them. I bought the Stress eating cure new...

So funny thing - I was just saying the scale wasn't my friend... but I ordered a new one!! I got a 5-year anniversary gift for a place I teach, and I chose a bamboo solar powered scale as my gift!! LOL.

If anyone likes "chili mac" at Steak and Shake, I have found a great substitute... The atkins meal "chili con carne" over spaghetti squash - it's delicious and has a very close flavor to chili mac!! I sometimes use the atkins meals (phase 1) for quick dinners on CAD.

Down another 1/2 pound for a total of 2!!!! Actually, my real total is 10.5 since I started trying to lose weight again... 2 of that since CAD.

-10.5!!!

Last edited by alliejon; 10-08-2013 at 06:25 AM..
Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have also found various versions of the Heller's books at thrift stores. They are 50 cents for soft copy at one place I go. I buy extras when I see them. I bought the Stress eating cure new...

So funny thing - I was just saying the scale wasn't my friend... but I ordered a new one!! I got a 5-year anniversary gift for a place I teach, and I chose a bamboo solar powered scale as my gift!! LOL.

If anyone likes "chili mac" at Steak and Shake, I have found a great substitute... The atkins meal "chili con carne" over spaghetti squash - it's delicious and has a very close flavor to chili mac!! I sometimes use the atkins meals (phase 1) for quick dinners on CAD.

Down another 1/2 pound for a total of 2!!!! Actually, my real total is 10.5 since I started trying to lose weight again... 2 of that since CAD.

-10.5!!!

That is awesome. Just keep it up. You will reach your goal if you just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Only if you sit or turn around and go back that will keep you from getting there.

MIW
Old 10-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks so much for the recommendation! I finished SEC today. To be honest, it seemed like a lot more pages than it needed to be, and not all that clear. If I hadn't seen how you are putting CAD into practice, I don't even know if I would have understood it. I'll look for a copy of CALP.
Your review is MUCH more concise and contains the brevity that I never seem to be able to attain, LOL!

Here is a copy of my review of the book that I posted on Amazon:

I must say for full disclosure I checked the book out from my library and did not buy off of amazon. So if that upsets you or if you feel that will invalidate my review then read no further.

For anyone else who decided to read on... I have read both the original Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (CAD) and the update Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program (CALP). I actuall follow a combo of CAD/CALP along with intermittent fasting (IF) and most days actually do what Rachael Heller did herself to supposedly lose 150 pounds which is to only eat one meal a day. I know sounds awful and difficult but it actually works! No hunger, no cravings, no longer tired after eating or mindlessly looking for food. No having to count calories or weigh anything. I eat real food, not diet products. I do however do occaisional random audits out of curiosity and eat 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-160 gms of carbs daily so I am not starving myself nor am I limiting carbs. Just rearranging how I eat carbs into a way that controls my insulin resistance and allows my body to burn fat instead of store it. Weight loss is super slow but when eating this great and feeling great- who cares? The IF helps as well because it allows the body to burn stored fat also and trust me- I am never hungry to care about fasting for so long!

As to the SEC book itself. I like the information about the various hormones and how those effect weight gain and cravings and I gave my rating only 3 stars because they were so general and lacking in the information on each of the hormones. I was excited to think I was going to learn as much from them about the stress eating hormones as I did about ways to control insulin resistance and then bummed that they made it so generalized and short during that section of the book.

Also, I was disspointed that so many chapters of the book were broke down and spent catagorizing all the various forms of stress eaters (11 different ones!) but the eating plan was essentially the same as CAD/CALP except eating your RM earlier in the day, several of the types of stress eaters had virtually identical reactions and suggestions yet they took the time to minutely break down the differences. Also, low star rating because they actually expect the reader several times throughout the book to jog back and forth thru various chapters to "stop here, go read chapter XYZ, then come back and pick up reading here when you are done." That totally reminded me of those books for tweens from being in the 5th grade.

Another let down was the length of pages and examples of meals to ease one's way onto their diet. I was bored to tears and I was actually interested in what they had to say on the subject! They went to their old standby technique of filling up pages and pages with virtually the same recipes and meal suggestions with little tweaks an nothing else. I felt it was just to make the book thicker. They also really let all the folks in the CAD and CALP communities down by not mentioning their famous one hour rule for eating carbs or at least documenting why they NO LONGER feel the need to either follow it or put it into this book. I would have liked to have that mentioned if they have some "new" science behind why the one hour rule doesn't apply anymore if you eat your carbs earlier in the day. I mean maybe it still does but they just forgot about it or assumed all of us reading are tag-alongs from their CAD and CALP books so it is just assumed? I mean who knows. That one point is the biggest reason virtually no one who follows CAD or CALP has either heard of it or if they do they are mad at the Hellers, and I mean mad since a lot of people feel duped that it was scientific or about biphasic insulin release and that the one hour rule for eating carbs was essential to keeping insuilin resistance in check. Now that it is gone from The SEC book they lost a lot of credibility from former readers and will not have the same success with this book to make up for that. If that was a gamble they lost out on that one. If you don't believe me look at the hundreds of positive reviews for the Heller's other books like CAD and CALP and here this one only has 9 with me being the 10th reviewer?

I actually have encorporated aspects from all their books into my current eating regimen and am seeing fabulous results. I now eat my carb meal earlier in the day. Any amount, any type. I also strive for "balance" which means I try to do 1/3 carbs, 1/3 protein/fats, 1/3 veggies. I consume my carb meal in one hour. If I do eat another meal later in the day it is protein and veggies only as specified in their CAD/CALP books called a complementary meal or craving reducing meal or CM. Some days my one hour carb meal is very carb heavy and I still lose. In that case I definately eat a CM of lots of veggies and protein in order to have a balance intake over the course of the and in that case I use IF rules like eating both meals over a 5-8 hour time frame and not spaced out any more than that in order to gain the best fast time for my body.

I do feel this book is worth the read for some of the folks on CAD/CALP who may have more issues with cravings or weight loss who could benefit for more encouragement from Rachael Heller that it is not because they are somehow damaged but because their eating is being driven by cravings due to stress hormones. That might help to set more people at ease who have emotional issues about being overweight not feel like they are personal let downs. Did this "new" way or take on their diet require an entire new book? No way. The Heller's could have spent the time like they used to back on the interent forums spreading the news to the troops since it really isn't that big of a difference from what information they have already put out there. Heck, they are not even the first, second, nor third people out their to realize eating carbs earlier in the day aids with carb cravings better and weight loss and to publish books on that!

MIW
Old 10-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

Lol, MIW, I read that review on Amazon, and I thought it was you! Their book may not be the best, but you're living proof of how effective the principles are. You are inspiring me to keep doing what's working for me, and not tweak away from it as I've done in the past. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

I'm very curious, those of you who do so well on CAD. What's your relationship to sugar? Before I started low carb, my response to sugar had gotten very bad. I'd get a huge blood sugar drop, shaking, feeling sick, terrible, followed by a non-stop binge. I'm curious to know if CAD allows you to eat sugar even if you were as extreme as me.

To be honest, even without sugar I still feel like I'm getting a RM. Eating this way, I get a bigger portion of protein, more veggies, a little fruit, yogurt, nuts, cheese, LC ice cream... I had to restrict everything to lose weight, so even if I keep it low-carb now eating this one big meal a day still feels like a major treat.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #1165
Junior LCF Member

Yea....lost .5 pound! MIW, do you weigh every day?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

Yvonne

I am sensitive to sugar... If I have high sugar, I get that drop, shakey, anxiety feeling - like I can NEVER eat pancakes for breakfast... I find that if I balance the RM with some veggies and protein - I don't get a bad reaction later... But if I don't have enough protein - I will. Yesterday I had a drumstick for lunch (that was the only protein source) and a bunch of other RM type food... well about 5 hours later I had a "drop" feeling. I probably waited to long to eat my CM meal, but even eating the CM did not alleviate that feeling. So my solution - I ate a small bowl of icecream. I know it sounds stupid, but I felt better afterward. So I have to watch my RM and make sure I have enough protein. I think if you do that, you won't have a problem with the sugar. As the Heller's say - we are training our bodies to provide the right amount of insulin to deal with the food.... instead of being overactive all the time.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1167
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwebster View Post
Yea....lost .5 pound! MIW, do you weigh every day?
Yes, if you go back several pages you see I post my weekly avg. I am almost up to an entire year of practically daily wts! I do it because for me the scale doesn't deter me. In fact if I miss a day that bothers me more than seeing a larger number on the scale.

I also do measurments because I remember early on reading a post from someone who claimed they saw no movement on the scale but dropped a pant size in a month so sometimes your body will convert weight from fat to muscle.

I find it helpful too, especially in the beginning to see the next day or two after trying something new to see if it affected my weight or not. So those are all of the reasons why. Plus if you go back to see one where I posted the entire year of daily wts you can see the slow but steady down-tick to my weights like a graph. To me that is so cool!

MIW
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm very curious, those of you who do so well on CAD. What's your relationship to sugar? Before I started low carb, my response to sugar had gotten very bad. I'd get a huge blood sugar drop, shaking, feeling sick, terrible, followed by a non-stop binge. I'm curious to know if CAD allows you to eat sugar even if you were as extreme as me.

To be honest, even without sugar I still feel like I'm getting a RM. Eating this way, I get a bigger portion of protein, more veggies, a little fruit, yogurt, nuts, cheese, LC ice cream... I had to restrict everything to lose weight, so even if I keep it low-carb now eating this one big meal a day still feels like a major treat.
I need it every day. Heck, before any type of diet I was eating it every day to some degree or another so I am still eating it- just differently. However if you can cut it out and are ok with that then go for it!

MIW
Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I have to chime in. Fruit sugar (fructose) is much different that table sugar (sucrose). I have it every morning no cravings at all and then have my open meal around 9 a.m. and am sooooo full of energy.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #1170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I have to chime in. Fruit sugar (fructose) is much different that table sugar (sucrose). I have it every morning no cravings at all and then have my open meal around 9 a.m. and am sooooo full of energy.
I am going to try this tomorrow. Still having some tummy issues so probably will do rm in am but not so much volume and have a cm at dinner. Want to try fasting for approx 8-10 hrs if I can. Will take it day by day. Went to dr this am. He would like to see about 10 ounces of protein a day if I don't feel well tomorrow I shall have protein at lunch with maybe a few celery sticks. Going to do some testing in Dec if this doesn't clear up.
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote