Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #1111
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
MIW
I am working on eating until very full at my one meal a day RM, initially I am sure I was losing weight quickly due to eating low calorie.

Coffee is allowed on CAD right? I don't use any sweeteners, only light cream

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-03-2013 at 04:19 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #1112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I am doing great. Today is day 3. Drinking my water. Bought an elliptical! =) =) I have always wanted one! And I am just waiting for the "not hungry" part to kick in and we will be good to go!!!!
You will get there! Don't worry. It only took me like 2 days when I started and BANG no hunger!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
MIW
I am working on eating until very full at my one meal a day RM, initially I am sure I was losing weight quickly due to eating low calorie.

Coffee is allowed on CAD right? I don't use any sweeteners, only light cream
The coffee rule is black all day is fine. With cream (I'd use regular personally since it has less carbs) is supposed to be drank in under 15 minutes if consumed outside of a meal. I tried black, with cream, tried consuming it with CM's, tried consuming it in lieu of CM's, no matter what I was in a plateau when I started coffee. I even went to decaf because in the CALP book they hinted for "some" people caffeine can be a trigger for insulin. I found I can only consume coffee/caffein during RM and lose. That is just me. I hope you can because trust me I'd like to be able to!

MIW
Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Oh believe me ladies. I can eat like a man. If ever there was a huge binger it was me. I don't mean little bits here and there. I mean a whole pizza plus dessert. This works for me so I know it can work for anyone. Then you will feel like exercising after awhile.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #1115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Another loss this am. Went to the luncheon/ meeting and ate without guilt. Had a cup of decaf with half and half for dinner. I wanted to do aBB today. Need some advice. Friends called to invite us for an anniversary party tonight. Shall I just wait to start BB tomorrow and do CAD today? We are going out so I can order and eat what ever I want and we never eat dessert out. I am tempted to do the BB and then eat a small portion of protein and veg. What do you think would be best?

Just wanted to say that I have ordered both books you suggested MIW.

Last edited by MaryN; 10-04-2013 at 05:05 AM..
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #1116
Big Yapper!!!!

OOPS. I don't drink my coffee within 15 mins outside of a meal and I use light cream it's not hwc but it is higher fat than 1/2 and 1/2, so negligible carbs. I don't care for hwc in coffee and so far it is not affecting my hunger or losses, so I'll not worry unless it becomes a problem at a later point.

Thanks for posting everyone!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
Another loss this am. Went to the luncheon/ meeting and ate without guilt. Had a cup of decaf with half and half for dinner. I wanted to do aBB today. Need some advice. Friends called to invite us for an anniversary party tonight. Shall I just wait to start BB tomorrow and do CAD today? We are going out so I can order and eat what ever I want and we never eat dessert out. I am tempted to do the BB and then eat a small portion of protein and veg. What do you think would be best?

Just wanted to say that I have ordered both books you suggested MIW.
I know for me I tend to want to eat what others are eating at social functions unless you know there will be some awesome meat and veggies just make it a CAD day. I am getting better now about saying "no" to things and am doing it for myself however. Whatever choice you make will be fine!

MIW
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #1118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Ok - starting today!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm starting back on CAD today. One of the reasons I was so down is that I know this works for me too, but I couldn't seem to commit - it has worked in the past, but I just didn't stick with it!! I was trying WW again recently, and it just reminded me that it makes me crave food all day when I start adding fruits and yogurt to my other meals!!

My approach to get started with CAD is eat high volume CMs to get through the hunger withdrawal!! And 1 delicious RM!! I can have a CM snack if needed.

I have never been able to go without meals, but I have done very well on the 2 CM, 1 RM, 1 CM snack (optional) routine. At this time, I am not going to try moving the RM to early in the day, just because I have never had success with that. I think if I can get on a roll with CAD - I might move the RM to lunch first... maybe eventually breakfast.

I ate CM breakfast at 8 am... no hunger until noon!!! Ate CM lunch just now... I'll see how long I go before hunger!! But good news is - I can eat whatever I want for dinner.

What a difference a day makes... I do feel better already.

Starting weight: 10/4/13 - 294.5 (5 feet 4 inches)

Allison

Last edited by alliejon; 10-04-2013 at 10:57 AM..
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #1119
Senior LCF Member

MIW - What is your photograph of?? I keep trying to figure it out...
Old 10-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #1120
Big Yapper!!!!

Just a couple of thoughts, since I am only eating 1 meal a day would it then be okay to count any coffee I have with cream only outside of RM as a CM?

Also,I am not a slave to them but just out of curiosity I have been checking ketone levels via the urine sticks and have been showing a moderate purple despite not limiting my carb intake. I wonder if the ketones are what help me to make it 22-24 hrs. without eating rather easily?

So glad you got started Allie

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-04-2013 at 02:23 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
MIW - What is your photograph of?? I keep trying to figure it out...
Soap

MIW
Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #1122
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just a couple of thoughts, since I am only eating 1 meal a day would it then be okay to count any coffee I have with cream only outside of RM as a CM?

Also,I am not a slave to them but just out of curiosity I have been checking ketone levels via the urine sticks and have been showing a moderate purple despite not limiting my carb intake. I wonder if the ketones are what help me to make it 22-24 hrs. without eating rather easily?

So glad you got started Allie
I've never watched ketones, not even when doing Atkins. You'd have to ask a doctor because honestly it could mean a lot of different things.

MIW
Old 10-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #1123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121/118-123
WOE: my way
Quote:
Jeanie, I have read that fasting will put some people in ketosis even though they eat carbs.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #1124
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Jeanie, I have read that fasting will put some people in ketosis even though they eat carbs.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #1125
Major LCF Poster!

Well my weekly avg so far has got me in the 212's which I almost can't believe! That will have my 3rd straight week loss in a row! We'll see the actual amount tomorrow but I am VERY pleased with this rate of loss as well as NO hunger! I seemed to have figured out how to get another 23 hours of fasting out of eating RM so early but it is finally working well for me!

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

Day 2 Status

I felt so in control with CAD yesterday, that I told myself I will keep doing this even if the scale doesn't move fast enough!!

Did great day 1!! No hunger!! Satisfaction!

Day 2 a bit more of a struggle... I woke up very hungry and wasn't feeling like a CM, so I ate my RM for breakfast... That was fine until lunch. I don't think I ate enough at my CM lunch (one piece chicken and 1/2 cup green beans) - I'm starving right now!!! I really don't plan on having my RM for breakfast as a routine - because I get a little "depressed" knowing I can't have any treat the rest of the day.

Hubby is making steak for dinner, so I should have a nice CM for dinner tonight.

In the past, I would have already given up and said "I'll start again tomorrow", but I told myself to really try to make today work so I can get 2 days behind me. Usually 3 days is a charm with getting on a roll. Today has been much harder than yesterday. I will be counting the minutes until dinner is ready!! After I post this, I will drink a glass of water.

Down -.5 today.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #1127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
I felt so in control with CAD yesterday, that I told myself I will keep doing this even if the scale doesn't move fast enough!!

Did great day 1!! No hunger!! Satisfaction!

Day 2 a bit more of a struggle... I woke up very hungry and wasn't feeling like a CM, so I ate my RM for breakfast... That was fine until lunch. I don't think I ate enough at my CM lunch (one piece chicken and 1/2 cup green beans) - I'm starving right now!!! I really don't plan on having my RM for breakfast as a routine - because I get a little "depressed" knowing I can't have any treat the rest of the day.

Hubby is making steak for dinner, so I should have a nice CM for dinner tonight.

In the past, I would have already given up and said "I'll start again tomorrow", but I told myself to really try to make today work so I can get 2 days behind me. Usually 3 days is a charm with getting on a roll. Today has been much harder than yesterday. I will be counting the minutes until dinner is ready!! After I post this, I will drink a glass of water.

Down -.5 today.
My motto is "eat more." As long as you are eating more of the stuff that is going to reduce insulin production do not limit quantities. That is setting yourself up for failure IMO. There is no need to starve or be hungry on this WOE like on WW.

Second, I felt the exact same way when doing my RM for breakfast the first two cracks I took at it. Again- I wasn't eating enough quantities nor the right type of things. You have to (HAVE TO) eat at least 7 OUNCES (not grams) of protein. That is like 3 eggs, some cheese, and 3-4 pc of bacon, a large steak, 2 cans of tuna plus a bit of cheese or something else. Also some good fat thrown in for good measure. Then eat as many carbs as your heart feels like. I can see after reading The Big Breakfast Diet that the Heller's recommended in The Stress Eating Cure book why she pushes fruit and yogurt smoothies so much because you can really pack in a lot of volume and not realize it because it is sooooo much easier to suck down that much mashed up fruits than it would be to chew and swallow them.

Today here is what I had for my RM at 9-10am and it is almost 3pm and I still feel FULL:

1/2 large head of lettuce stir fried
4 inch hunk of elk summer sausage (thick dried pepperoni type of meat log) diced up
some oil and all fried together
3 scrambled eggs

I made that all into a stir fry and ate out of a 2 quart bowl

Large fruit smoothie that fit into a 3/4 liter bottle:
2 large bananas
1 C strawberries
1 small orange
1 C ice
1 C FULL FAT (9gms of fat per cup!) vanilla probiotic yogurt

Large chocolate ice cream milk shake made with:
2 cups slow churn Extreme Moosetracks Ice cream from Safeway
1 C regular half & half
1 starbuck's Via

2 chocolate chip cookies

I pulled out 4 cookies and had to stop at the 2.

You can see how high calorie, high fat, and high carb I eat. My weight today was 212.4 pounds and I am on track to be 212-213 for my weekly average. This really does work!!!

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #1128
Major LCF Poster!

YES, you have to eat enough protein for BB. I too was so scared I would get hungry and blow it as I always looked forward to dinner. I started with eating a very big lunch and then came across BB diet and I was eating a lot of carbs and little protein and got sooooo hungry by 5:00. The author says if you are hungry by dinner you didn't eat enough protein for breakfast. So I took her advise. I'll betcha if you did what I did and ate a HUGE ribeye steak for breakfast well marbled and about 12+ oz. plus a big salad with a lot of dressing and a bowl of ice cream you would first of all be forcing yourself to eat it all but then you would not be hungry until the next morning. Now I don't always eat steak like yesterday I had a bunch of cheese and a loaded peanut butter sandwich with a big coffee with milk.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

MIW I think we need to keep posting our food so that ladies can see and believe. You and I are at different levels but both are losing eating a lot and exercising not because I have to but because I want to and have the energy to. In fact I get to where I get anise if I can't go for a jog!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I agree. I am a good 100+ pounds heavier than you but I don't exercise like you do and we both eat almost identical and you maintain and I am losing! LOL

A typical day for me now doing BB RM is:

a large fruit smoothie as listed above in a 3/4 liter Blender Bottle
another almost half full Blender Bottle with my milkshake recipe above or a large Iced Mocha that is usually made with 4 ounces of syrups, a SB via or 6 shots of decaf esspresso, and about 1/2 C either whole milk or half & half

For my protein we are talking either a large ribeye steak
or
3 eggs and 3 pc of bacon
or 1 C fried ground beef with 1 C garbonzo beans and 1 C rice

PLUS I will also have quesidillas with cheese and make my meats and eggs into wraps or my eggs with toast.

I never worry about how many carbs. I just make sure I am eating enough protein and all my dairy is regular full fat. Not light. Same goes for my ice creams or I will amp them up with half & half and my iced mochas.

I also drink 2-3 liters of water a day the rest of the day.

2 days in a row last week I had super salty McDonald's and still lost weight. I got these super early and at between 5:30 and 6:30am and was full all day:

One day I had:
1 bacon cheese McGriddle (made with the pancake type english muffins)
1 sausage egg cheese McMuffin with one half of the english muffin tossed off
3 hash browns
2 of the sausage breakfast burritos with mild sauce
1 regular sized orange juice
1 large iced mocha with whole milk and whip cream (even though I do not like whipped cream I forgot to tell them to leave it off)

The next day:
2 sausage egg burritos with mild sauce
1 hash brown
1 bacon egg cheese McGriddle
2 large Iced Mochas
2 Chocolate chip cookies I brought with me

I also ordered a sausage egg McMuffin to eat the meat and egg out of later as a CM just in case and I was so stuffed all day I never ate it!

Some days I do feel like I eat more than I "have to" but I also do not have to force myself. I know if I stopped even half way I would feel fine but would get hungry again later. I have calculated my calories all day in one meal or all day spaced out and it is roughly the same however I do it. I just try to keep in mind that the less I release insulin the better this WOE is going to work. However if you stomach simply won't handle it don't push it.

I do want to say that I do think it is perfectly natural to eat in large quantities OR space smaller meals out. However you think about our ancestors as being opportunists or gatherers they would either eat their fill and stuff out when they stumbled upon a meal or would space out and nibble here and there on whatever plants, fruits, berries, etc they came across during their wanderings. There are tribes today that spend all day gathering and hunting and join up later in the day for one big meal. There are also many who nibble and eat as they go. I just know my metabolism is rocking once a day "predator" eating which is what big cats do in the wild and they can eat up to 75 POUNDS of meat in one sitting so I think my body can handle what I put it which is way way less of a ratio:

500 pound lion/75 pound meat-fest

212 pound woman/maybe 3 pound total food-fest

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #1131
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW I think we need to keep posting our food so that ladies can see and believe. You and I are at different levels but both are losing eating a lot and exercising not because I have to but because I want to and have the energy to. In fact I get to where I get anise if I can't go for a jog!
I do agree because I know when I first started posting and people also did they seemed like they treated this like any other "diet" and a lot seemed like bird food and rabbit portions to me.

I took the Heller's at their word when they said you didn't have to count calories or weigh things and that what you ate didn't matter as much as HOW you ate it.

But I do not want anyone to think I am encouraging you to binge eat or destroy your health because I am not at all.

I eat tons tons tons of fresh fruits and veggies almost daily. If I do not then definately over the course of the week I more than make up for the junk I eat. I also have evolved eating like this slowly by experimenting and trying different WOE after learning from others.

When I first started I was following CAD as written and did the 2 CM's, a CM snack and a "sensible" RM for dinner. Later I encorporated intermittent fasting and got LESS hungry.

That is when I started worrying that I was actually cutting out too many calories and started making sure I was eating at least 1800-2600 calories daily. I made a conscious effort to not go "low calorie" to lose my weight. I have said every time my weight loss is super slow and would be faster if I cut back calories but that is how I always lost weight only to be hungry and gain it all back. I am not doing that this time! I am never getting back on the low calorie, low fat diet merry go round!

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #1132
Senior LCF Member

I for one would appreciate if you would keep posting menus. I will admit that I don't know if I can handle steak so early in the am but will try it later in the wk. I did eat more for breakfast this am. Probably about 900 cals. Not hungry we are going out for dinner but it will be a cm meal and a small one. I know tomorrow I will shoot for more cal in the am. I also let myself have coffee with cream for lunch. Want to quit that also.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #1133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I for one would appreciate if you would keep posting menus. I will admit that I don't know if I can handle steak so early in the am but will try it later in the wk. I did eat more for breakfast this am. Probably about 900 cals. Not hungry we are going out for dinner but it will be a cm meal and a small one. I know tomorrow I will shoot for more cal in the am. I also let myself have coffee with cream for lunch. Want to quit that also.

Thanks for all the help.
Wow I just noticed you are already down 2.5 pounds! That is awesome. You do not have much to lose and I for one can't wait to get into that weight range! I remember as a teen being 140 and looking soooo good. I have always been full figured and have a large frame and muscle mass so I am not sure what my "lowest" weigth would be but I will keep going as long as I can. Who know's? Maybe 120's?

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Ok just updated my profile picture. Goodbye soaps and only one person here ever got it right what it was! LOL

That pic is one of my more recent favorites from about 7 years ago when I weighed 207-212 lb range which is near where I am at currently. My hair was dyed blonde there and now is my natural brunette but you get the idea. I am 5' 2.5" and have always been big busted, wide hips and shoulders. Pretty sexy huh? LOL

MIW
Old 10-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!

I am starting to believe the BB diet in that it is very hard to eat too much in the morning. I was going to eat two king size snickers the other morning but could only eat 1 and then a cookie.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #1136
Big Yapper!!!!

I have lost 2 lbs. (not water weight either) in 5 days doing the 1 meal late afternoon/evening CAD meal. No idea how many calories or carbs just eating til full. If I get to the point where I try the BB and it helps me to lose faster I'll be at goal before I know it.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #1137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have lost 2 lbs. (not water weight either) in 5 days doing the 1 meal late afternoon/evening CAD meal. No idea how many calories or carbs just eating til full. If I get to the point where I try the BB and it helps me to lose faster I'll be at goal before I know it.
I love this don't you?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #1138
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I love this don't you?
Yes! I am much happier getting to eat some of the carby foods I love.

Yesterday I had 1/2 of a honeycrisp apple, choc/peanut butter protein bar chopped up and mixed with full fat strained yogurt sweetened with s/f chocolate pudding mix and several ounces of chuck roast and gravy. Finished with ice coffee w/cream. Not extremely high carb but way more than I was eating before and it makes binging on carbs less appealing. I planned on eating the whole apple and couldn't finish it.

And I have still have the ketosis energy due to the IF-ing I think. House hasn't been this clean in a long time, DH is happy too OMG I just realized I have lost 30.4 lbs.!

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-06-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 10-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #1139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes! I am much happier getting to eat some of the carby foods I love.

Yesterday I had 1/2 of a honeycrisp apple, choc/peanut butter protein bar chopped up and mixed with full fat strained yogurt sweetened with s/f chocolate pudding mix and several ounces of chuck roast and gravy. Finished with ice coffee w/cream. Not extremely high carb but way more than I was eating before and it makes binging on carbs less appealing. I planned on eating the whole apple and couldn't finish it.

And I have still have the ketosis energy due to the IF-ing I think. House hasn't been this clean in a long time, DH is happy too OMG I just realized I have lost 30.4 lbs.!

Yea!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #1140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hsmjlkelly
Stats: 153/144.5/110
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: Oct.2013
So far I'm almost done with my first week! I feel so much better! Now I know why I stayed on this and only this WOE for 6 years! I just hate it has taken so long to get back! My scale doesn't show any weight loss but my watch is looser and I feel a little smaller. I'm sure I lost a lot of fluid but I know that this will work!

MIW you are so right about eating a good RM and not skimping! It is a long time (23 hours) until the next one! But I over ate one of my RM and had to lay down, I thought I was going to pop!

I'm doing better this time b/c before I would not eat any salad dressing at all so my salads would be dry and yucky! I hate mayo!!! I can't even look at it!!! But I'm liking the dressing from Olive Garden and have tried other Italian and oil+vinegar. I will eat sour cream based dips for my veggies so I'm trying new recipes.

Last edited by hsmjlkelly; 10-06-2013 at 02:06 PM..
hsmjlkelly is offline   Reply With Quote