Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #1051
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Just flying thru. Hope everyone is doing well. No complaints here, because when I eat off plan, I know who is responsible. Just lots of eating out right now, and can't seem to get back on track like I should. Wake up call yesterday.......man, did I have a caffeine headache!!! Need to eat/drink better..
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/305/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
MIW or Oriana

What does SEC stand for in relation to the big breakfast idea?

Allison
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
What does SEC stand for in relation to the big breakfast idea?

Allison
It is The Stress Eating Cure written by the Heller's. It is their most "recent" book- over 10 years old now I think and they use The Big Breakfast Diet cited in their book a lot about eating carbs first thing of the day.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #1054
Major LCF Poster!

My ring feels loose, my stomach feels really empty and sinks in when I lay down at night (if I do the RM for breakfast I REALLY notice that feeling). I have been trying to get my RM in before 10am and so far last 3 days I have done so. I have lost 2 pounds in 3 days so it is working! I hope to see a new low tomorrow but today I was 213.6 so if I stay in that range I will still be happy.

I had a lot of engery and literaly spent 8 hours detailing my minivan! I watched some professional detailer's videos on youtube on how to clean and repair leather seats so I cleaned all my seats (took an hour EACH seat! LOL) and got the stuff for tomorrow to start the repairs. I also watched one on how to use a clay bar to clean the surface of the paint and I washed, clay barred, re-washed, hand toweled it dry, then did a spray and buff easy wax. It looks sooooo nice. I also detailed the console and got it all shiney. I am in the market for another vehicle and am absolutely smitten with Toyotas and want a 4Runner sooooooo bad I can't sleep! LOL I am keeping my minivan because I love it so much but I also want a 4Runner and my vehicle obsession of late is dring my husband nuts.

I am pleased with how much energy I have eating only one meal so early. I do get hungry in the 5pm-8pm range but it is tolerable and after only 3 days I am actually waking up hungry which is kind of interesting.

My early BB/SEC type RM was:

1/2 head of lettuce stir fried in bacon grease
2 eggs
3 pc bacon
one large pc of elk pepperoni
1 large fruit smoothie with banana, apple, pear, green and purple grapes. The apples and pears were ones we harvested ourselves
2 Cups extreme moosetracks ice cream with 1/2 C half and half and one starbucks via mixed together into a mocha-milkshake
4 safeway chocolate chip cookies.

I'd have to crunch the calories but I bet this was under 2000 calories. I am also being sure to up the fat intake and also protein to keep hunger at bay. Oriana has done well eating early like this and swears by higher fat BB and she has lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks after coming back from vacation from 113 pounds down to 106 pounds. She is definately in maintenence phase and does free days on Saturdays which I don't do but she and I eat almost the same calories so I am hoping to lose weight at least as half as well as she does!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 09-23-2013 at 08:25 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #1055
Big Yapper!!!!

Eating is not good. Traveling back and forth to hospital...

Mom surgery tomorrow. They think either remove part of colon, or growth that might be cancerous. Those are two guesses......Mom is 86 and getting weaker, because hasn't been able to eat for days.......

Probably not on line much for few days.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Eating is not good. Traveling back and forth to hospital...

Mom surgery tomorrow. They think either remove part of colon, or growth that might be cancerous. Those are two guesses......Mom is 86 and getting weaker, because hasn't been able to eat for days.......

Probably not on line much for few days.
Hang in there and I hope she pulls through. You and your mother will be in my thoughts! Take care.

MIW
Old 09-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #1057
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
The nice thing about BB/SEC is that you can eat your big meal for breakfast but you don't have to. I do thing though that eating a BB is the key to weight loss. You will lose and you do stay full but hunger does start rolling around about 7-8 p.m. so drink a big glass of water to get you through the night. You will find that you aren't that hungry at all in the morning but after about 1/2 hour you will be ready to eat your BB. Anyone trying it?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #1058
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, also the key is to eat at LEAST 7 oz. of protein. This morning I am having a smaller pc. of ribeye, 4 oz. cheddar cheese, big salad with ranch, Haagen Dazs (14 oz.) YUM!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #1059
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 124.6/118.8/108.4
WOE: CAD/BB
Start Date: 1/4/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Oh, also the key is to eat at LEAST 7 oz. of protein. This morning I am having a smaller pc. of ribeye, 4 oz. cheddar cheese, big salad with ranch, Haagen Dazs (14 oz.) YUM!
Good morning,
I have been reading this thread and the big breakfast thread and am so excited to see all this success. If you look at my history u can see that I lost most of my weight with hcg and kept it off till some pesky illnesses just derailed me. I have tried lots of other plans during this year and am now back on hcg for a very short round. After reading all these posts it jogged a memory in this old brain!!!! After several hcg rounds and reaching goal of 108.6 I started eating 7ounces of protein for breakfast along with some fruit and maybe nuts but always butter, either no lunch except coffee and half and half with a little diet sugar or the coffee and an apple ( but usually nothing but the coffee), I had a small dinner which was usually meat and a low carb veg and more coffee with h&h. On the weekends I relaxed a little and had a glass of wine and a little dessert if I wanted it. My weight went down to 106 with no effort at all. No hcg!!! Last winter I just felt icky from meds and almost gave up and gained to 124( have lost to 120) I told my husband that I feel as if I have lost all momentum so that is the reason for the hcg again but after reading these treads I feel that the momentum is in the proper timing of foods and the right amt of protein at least for me. Don't want to just stop the in the middle of the hcg round but I am going to move in the big breakfast direction. The fact that it doesn't always have to be a big breakfast and if necessary we can chg it around is a nice thing also. Ha!! the reward days in maintenance sound wonderful too!
Have a great day!

Last edited by MaryN; 09-25-2013 at 06:30 AM..
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
Good morning,
I have been reading this thread and the big breakfast thread and am so excited to see all this success. If you look at my history u can see that I lost most of my weight with hcg and kept it off till some pesky illnesses just derailed me. I have tried lots of other plans during this year and am now back on hcg for a very short round. After reading all these posts it jogged a memory in this old brain!!!! After several hcg rounds and reaching goal of 108.6 I started eating 7ounces of protein for breakfast along with some fruit and maybe nuts but always butter, either no lunch except coffee and half and half with a little diet sugar or the coffee and an apple ( but usually nothing but the coffee), I had a small dinner which was usually meat and a low carb veg and more coffee with h&h. On the weekends I relaxed a little and had a glass of wine and a little dessert if I wanted it. My weight went down to 106 with no effort at all. No hcg!!! Last winter I just felt icky from meds and almost gave up and gained to 124( have lost to 120) I told my husband that I feel as if I have lost all momentum so that is the reason for the hcg again but after reading these treads I feel that the momentum is in the proper timing of foods and the right amt of protein at least for me. Don't want to just stop the in the middle of the hcg round but I am going to move in the big breakfast direction. The fact that it doesn't always have to be a big breakfast and if necessary we can chg it around is a nice thing also. Ha!! the reward days in maintenance sound wonderful too!
Have a great day!
I ate very salty the last 2 days so have creeped up from 213.6 lbs to 214.6 and today 215.4 lbs but I am sticking with it a good couple of weeks to see what happens. I say give it a try. If anything you should at least get a jumpstart and lose a couple of pounds since I did eat time I started changing things up over last year by either going to intermittent fasting, one meal a day, or eating for breakfast. I am very much trying to avoid anything faddy and not sustainable but you are soooooo close to your goal and the last 10-20lbs can be the hardest so good luck with your WOE!

MIW
Old 09-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
I ate very salty the last 2 days so have creeped up from 213.6 lbs to 214.6 and today 215.4 lbs but I am sticking with it a good couple of weeks to see what happens. I say give it a try. If anything you should at least get a jumpstart and lose a couple of pounds since I did eat time I started changing things up over last year by either going to intermittent fasting, one meal a day, or eating for breakfast. I am very much trying to avoid anything faddy and not sustainable but you are soooooo close to your goal and the last 10-20lbs can be the hardest so good luck with your WOE!

MIW
Thank you MIW. I am losing right now with the hcg so I don't want to do anything to stop that. I have always been a bit rogue with the hcg. I have always had half and half and eaten more than the 500 calories at times. It comes off soooo slow when a person is close to goal. I am for sure going with the 7 ounces of protein for breakfast and maybe an apple. The protein will be low fat low sodium turkey. We can get it in our local deli and it seems to be an ok food for me. I won't do any of the other very yummy things till I see how this works. Will do the coffee and H&H for lunch and a very light dinner. Probably a low fat fish and some kind of veg. Don't want to be too rogue but want to see if I could transition to a big breakfast or CAD for the rest of my life. I think if I could do that without stirring up cravings it would be a miracle. I think I have also tried just about every diet there is. I also think that food intolerance plays a role in our ability to lose and keep the weight off I am having mine checked. Will know more next week. Hope the water weight whooshes away soon.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #1062
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
iakaren, I'm sorry to hear your Mom is so ill, hope she can make it thru.

I was all set to weigh the other day and found my scale will not work, or else I have lost a hundred lbs in one week..don't think so. . as soon as I can get to the store to get one, I wll check my progress. . I do think that eating earlier is going to help my losses,, it's taken a while to move it up, but I'm finally eating by 9 am, .. then I have a low carb lunch before 3 pm. . I really need to get this weight off, but I know at least, I can stick with this woe because I'm not hungry all the time. .

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #1063
Senior LCF Member

My goodness I am simply amazed. Lost 1.2 lbs. Ate 7 ounces of roasted turkey and a large baked apple with a bit of cream by 9:00 am. Lunch was 2 ounces turkey and coffee with H&H. Snack coffee with H&H. We went out for dinner so had 3-4 ounces steak and sliced tomatoes with a drizzle of basil oil and a glass of wine. When I am finished with the hcg I will add some yummy things in for breakfast. I forgot to say that I work out twice a week and do high intensity for 30 min. That will change to three time a wk the middle of Oct. I will be done with the hcg Oct 10. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #1064
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
iakaren, I'm sorry to hear your Mom is so ill, hope she can make it thru.

I was all set to weigh the other day and found my scale will not work, or else I have lost a hundred lbs in one week..don't think so. . as soon as I can get to the store to get one, I wll check my progress. . I do think that eating earlier is going to help my losses,, it's taken a while to move it up, but I'm finally eating by 9 am, .. then I have a low carb lunch before 3 pm. . I really need to get this weight off, but I know at least, I can stick with this woe because I'm not hungry all the time. .

jerri
Hey glad you are back and sorry about the scale. It may sound strange but I can look in the mirror and tell if I am up or down most days and I am right! Today I just "looked" thinner to me in the mirror and my weight was 213.2 lbs!

I was lucky I scored mine at a thrift shop that was only $15 and new (had the sticker and still packaged in the original box and plastic) was over $50! It is a digital one that calculates body fat percentage but I don't find that aspect overly accurate as my weight will go down but it says my bodyfat goes up??? Maybe it can tell water vs. fat? LOL But I do like it that it does 10ths of pounds for weight so I can get better averages. It's a Healthometer brand which is the same brand we use at my hospital.

MIW
Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
My goodness I am simply amazed. Lost 1.2 lbs. Ate 7 ounces of roasted turkey and a large baked apple with a bit of cream by 9:00 am. Lunch was 2 ounces turkey and coffee with H&H. Snack coffee with H&H. We went out for dinner so had 3-4 ounces steak and sliced tomatoes with a drizzle of basil oil and a glass of wine. When I am finished with the hcg I will add some yummy things in for breakfast. I forgot to say that I work out twice a week and do high intensity for 30 min. That will change to three time a wk the middle of Oct. I will be done with the hcg Oct 10. Hope everyone is having a great day.
I am hopeful that you will find CAD very easy and something to do for lifelong. Oriana is in maintenence and is between 105-110 pound range herself and does very well with CAD and bouncing from high fat and BB for RM's and also exercises. I just love how I do not even feel like I am on a diet and eat awesome and watch the scale move down down down. It is super slow so I feel like I have to watch it in terms of being a redwood tree or something but it is happening and I eat 1800-2600 calories a day. No supplements of any type unless I am on a health kick. Sometimes I exercise sometimes (and mostly NOT). I am losing weight and my body is simply slowly burning the stored fat and no longer storing the fat from what I eat daily. Not sure if you went back and read my posts on my RM's in this thread. I don't post those often but I am not lying about how much and what types of foods I eat. This really just works I have just learned to enjoy each day (so love the simplicity and NOT BEING HUNGRY!!!) and eating totally free anything I want and watching that scale budge ever so much is a confirmation that it really does work.

MIW
Old 09-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #1066
Senior LCF Member

Oh, hey, MIW, that is so cool that you were able to get a really good scale that way.. . I have seen one by, WW, of all people, that really wasn't too expensive. I'm going to get one over the weekend, , not sure about the body fat calculating part but I have to say that since I have been eating this way my muscles just feel better and stronger so I can tell that fat is being burned, plus I am not starving to do it. . I am in for life on this way of eating, also I'm hoping my daughter can find some way to do this. . she has a sit down job and of course, eating dinner with the family at night is so important to her. .keep up the good work, and thanks so much for your posts, they sure do help.

jerri
Old 09-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #1067
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, hey, MIW, that is so cool that you were able to get a really good scale that way.. . I have seen one by, WW, of all people, that really wasn't too expensive. I'm going to get one over the weekend, , not sure about the body fat calculating part but I have to say that since I have been eating this way my muscles just feel better and stronger so I can tell that fat is being burned, plus I am not starving to do it. . I am in for life on this way of eating, also I'm hoping my daughter can find some way to do this. . she has a sit down job and of course, eating dinner with the family at night is so important to her. .keep up the good work, and thanks so much for your posts, they sure do help.

jerri
It really does work no matter "how" one does it. People do not have to do it with intermittent fasting- only if they want and that is what their body likes. There are plenty of people who have taken off 100lbs following CALP. Takes about 5 years but they post eating 3 meals a day and do RM's at night. I am finding the results are as fast/slow depending on how much one wants to eat. I am ok with super slow as I want to eat A LOT! LOL

MIW
Old 09-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #1068
Major LCF Poster!

It is 4am and I am 213.2 lbs. This weigh in is about 3-4 hours earlier than my "usual" weigh in time because I have to go to work today. This is the 3rd day this week where I am in the 213's and I looked back on my averages and this is the FIRST time I have had 3 days! (I've had 3 other weeks where I was in the 213's twice in the same week. Hoping this will be a new low and a new downward trend!

I haven't even been exercising the last 2 weeks due to just plain being either too busy or too tired. I am going to try to eat early on my way into work today and will have a CM snack/lunch later today around 11am or noon.

MIW
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #1069
Major LCF Poster!

The BB is working for you too MIW! Is that what you have been doing? I was going to have my BB later but decided not to. I like getting up ready for breaky!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #1070
Big Yapper!!!!

Back to get on track. Hospitals and fast food since Sunday.........but Mom is doing better.

Eggs and cheese for BF. Peanuts for morning snack, because crashing (trying to eliminate caffeine)

Lunch I am thinking about, and then supper can be whatever I feel like. Back up to 191.5, so listing it to start back down again. Warned DH that I was going to lose at least 10# and he agreed to eat with me.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #1071
Senior LCF Member

iakaren, good to hear that your mom is doing better., so you are giving up caffeine, well I admire that, . I have tried before but can't do without my coffee so far it doesn't seem to hamper weight loss if I just have one or two cups a day without cream or sugar., I'm sure you will be back on track and the scale will be going down soon. . I have to get a new scale so I can check my progress.

jerri
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #1072
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The BB is working for you too MIW! Is that what you have been doing? I was going to have my BB later but decided not to. I like getting up ready for breaky!!!
I have to say it really took me awhile to get used to it but now I am digging it. I have had 3 weights in the 213's this week which will have me at my lowest weekly avg if I can keep it together the other days! LOL

This is my 3rd try at trying RM for breakfast. I am now able to get them in by 9am most days and some days I have gone all day with that meal only. Other days if I even moderately feel hungry or think about food I eat a low carb snack. Several times in the last week I have been so busy and distracted that I wasn't simply hungry at all and was able to just drink some water and go to sleep like Oriana said.

I really hope to see losing weight faster this way and to stick with it. I'll keep reporting. I notice too now I am waking up hungry which I never did before and I guess that has to do with making my cotisol levels low (which is a good thing) so that will be nice to see if my body reacts to having less stress hormone in it

MIW
Old 09-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #1073
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
iakaren, good to hear that your mom is doing better., so you are giving up caffeine, well I admire that, . I have tried before but can't do without my coffee so far it doesn't seem to hamper weight loss if I just have one or two cups a day without cream or sugar., I'm sure you will be back on track and the scale will be going down soon. . I have to get a new scale so I can check my progress.

jerri
I drink coffee for flavors ...so been putting international delight in hot water. Not quite as good but no caffeine.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #1074
Major LCF Poster!

Ladies, if you are stuck with CAD I truly recommend moving your rm to breakfast and make it a big one. Don't be afraid you can't make it through the day. You can! It works! Eat at least 7 oz. or more of protein at breakfast plus your carbs and dessert and you will be full at least until 6 p.m. Then have a little salad and protein or just drink water and you'll be fine.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #1075
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ladies, if you are stuck with CAD I truly recommend moving your rm to breakfast and make it a big one. Don't be afraid you can't make it through the day. You can! It works! Eat at least 7 oz. or more of protein at breakfast plus your carbs and dessert and you will be full at least until 6 p.m. Then have a little salad and protein or just drink water and you'll be fine.
I agree. I have been doing it and took my body awhile to adjust but now most days I am eating early and can go all day but do have a CM lunch or snack later (if needed). It is weird but it really does knock out hunger and I can eat real amounts. I am down 1.33 pounds this week!

My all time low was a couple weeks ago at 214 for weekly avg and this week I am 214.09 so almost back. I was on TOM and that usually messes things up. I suspect I would have had a "new low" this week but 2 days in a row I had McDonald's which is always sooooo salty.

I am really liking the BB/SEC RM (Big Breakfast Stress Eating Cure) style because I do feel like I sleep a bit better with not having a full stomach and like I "burn it off" during the day.

MIW
Old 09-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

MIW
Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #1077
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I drink coffee for flavors ...so been putting international delight in hot water. Not quite as good but no caffeine.
With Mom in hospital, I have gone to two meals per day, but trying to keep them in check. I have not gained any weight with all the restaurant eating, so this is a doable stop-gap. DH will not let me skip meals right now.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #1078
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
With Mom in hospital, I have gone to two meals per day, but trying to keep them in check. I have not gained any weight with all the restaurant eating, so this is a doable stop-gap. DH will not let me skip meals right now.
Hang in there and just do the plan YOUR way!

MIW
Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Eating a big breakfast also gets your metabolism burning first thing. The BB book says that you actually burn up to 30-50% more calories by eating a big breakfast.......but it can't just be carbs.......you must have at least 7 oz. protein. The book starts out dieters with a 600-800 calorie breakfast but you can eat up to 3000 calories just for breakfast.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #1080
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
To meet my goal of 170, I have kissed off then entire month of September. That means I have to lose .24 lbs per day until year end.

That is 1.5 lbs per week. I still think I can do this. And moving every day will help.

Restaurants are going to be a problem again this week. DH and I are still planning trip to Arkansas to watch DD play softball this weekend. Hopefully enough family support here for Mom while we are gone. DD in college kind of depressed about Gma not doing well. So we thought important to still go see her as planned.

I think I can get DH to go along with 2 meals per day while on the road. Need to get some peanuts for snacks. What other LC snacks are there that travel easy and do not require refrigeration?
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
22 Lb Goal 2014......So Far ?????