Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1021
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Storyteller
WOE: Big breakfast CAD
Start Date: August 2013
Hi Everyone

I began CAD in August. I had a stable high weight and suddenly bumped up four pounds. I was dieting and decided needed to go back to CAD. Since then the four pounds came off and I am down a half a pound. 10 days ago I began trying the one hour in the morning and most day nothing else. If I am hungry I have a piece of turkey wrapped in lettuce.

Wish it was faster, it is hard to be excited about the loss because it was a sudden gain, but I am keeping on the diet until other faster options I can stick to show up.

Thanks for sharing your stories and ideas.
Storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #1022
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
Hi Everyone

I began CAD in August. I had a stable high weight and suddenly bumped up four pounds. I was dieting and decided needed to go back to CAD. Since then the four pounds came off and I am down a half a pound. 10 days ago I began trying the one hour in the morning and most day nothing else. If I am hungry I have a piece of turkey wrapped in lettuce.

Wish it was faster, it is hard to be excited about the loss because it was a sudden gain, but I am keeping on the diet until other faster options I can stick to show up.

Thanks for sharing your stories and ideas.
I want to encourage you to not look for the faster, quick fix approach. CAD is for life and I will be the first to admit for a lot of us it is painstakingly slow loss sometimes. However once I got off the diet roller coaster I have not looked back. I started November 1st so I am almost in this a year. I have strayed maybe 10 days in that timeframe. I can say that every day I am on plan I have no hunger, no cravings, and I can eat crazy awesome good food and feel great AND AND AND see losses week after week, month after month. It is not starvation mode loss either. I have lost inches, and gained muscle. I have lost 22 pounds eating 1800-2600 calories a day and 100-300 gms of carbs a day! I can't say that would happen on any other type of diet! I will be happy with the slow loss as instead of my body storing fat it is actually slowing burning my stored fat. Exactly what the Heller's claim in their books is what happen with your metabolism! It is not a gimmick. It really does work if you follow the rules and stick with it!

MIW
Old 09-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1023
Major LCF Poster!

Today is such an awesome day. I can't even believe I am excited about a CM but since we are going out tonight for a goodbye dinner for a family member, I am having one of my typical HUGE salads and an awesome large ribeye. The salad has half a large head of red leaf lettuce, 6 stalks of celery, 3 green onions, 2 large mushrooms, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, and 4 TBSP blue cheese dsg.

Tonight will be at a pho place that is MSG-free establishment and I will likely skip a good portion of the rice noodles but it will still be carb-heavy so I am making sure I get my dose of veggies and protein/fat now for the CM.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1024
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Big breakfasts, high fat, low carb and NEVER skip breakfast has caused me to lose from 113 to 106.5 in 2 weeks. I run every day but was doing this on a high carb raw diet and gained from 107.5 to 113 in 7 days. It isn't water loss either because my thighs are not touching at the top anymore. I can see my arms are getting skinny too. My good running weight is 100-105 pounds. That's my goal. I am eating like a horse and high fat. Can't believe I lose on this.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I have found that this woe has become a habit with me. I'm sure glad about that, also, I did stop weighing myself everyday only because it messes with my head. ., but my head is probably not like most people's., I am starting to feel better, and am looking forward to more exercise.. thanks, MIW, I have looked at the Sit and Be Fit, sure looks like a lot of things I can do right now, so I will get started on it, I can record shows from my local PBS, and do them when I want to, that's great. . hope you have a great day, MIW, with your dinning out later, and I hope everyone else has a great day, don't give up, this will work for us, maybe a little differently as individuals, but as you see by what is being posted, it sure does work.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
subscribing
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
subscribing
Welcome! We are a small group and fairly tight-knit. We love new members so please post and really consider giving this WOE a try. We have seen a lot of JUDDD folks come and go. Just like anything else, it either works or it doesn't. I love being able to eat whatever calories AND carbs I want DAILY and still lose!

MIW
Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #1028
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I have found that this woe has become a habit with me. I'm sure glad about that, also, I did stop weighing myself everyday only because it messes with my head. ., but my head is probably not like most people's., I am starting to feel better, and am looking forward to more exercise.. thanks, MIW, I have looked at the Sit and Be Fit, sure looks like a lot of things I can do right now, so I will get started on it, I can record shows from my local PBS, and do them when I want to, that's great. . hope you have a great day, MIW, with your dinning out later, and I hope everyone else has a great day, don't give up, this will work for us, maybe a little differently as individuals, but as you see by what is being posted, it sure does work.

jerri
I always promote the Sit & Be Fit because I have done some years ago back in my 20's and I remember even back then thinking how much more exercise I got from doing that then I thought I would. You can really feel it! Even sitting in a chair! LOL

MIW
Old 09-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1029
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just reading and contemplating for the moment. I am on my way to Argentina for two weeks, so am considering whether some version of this might be useful while traveling. I really like how supportive you all are of each other!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #1030
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Been struggling to get breakfast on track. Going to try peanuts and coffee. Tired of eggs.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Been at work and on TOM. I expect my wt to be up close to 2 lbs this week Oh well, eating good and REALLY enjoying the chocolate! LOL

MIW
Old 09-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone, hope all is going well, I had another 2 lb loss on Sat., and I am very grateful for that., ouizoid, it's so nice to see you, I remember you from the Juddd board.. you are always so nice and helpful to everyone., I remember you loved doing the potato hack.. that would be hard to do while traveling tho., so if you look back here, you will see where MIW has posted a very concise description of how to do the Cad, or Calp. , I have been doing the one big Reward Meal a day, sometimes, if I am really hungry, I will have a very low carb meal.. so , I hope it can work for you,., hope you have a wonderful trip, and that you come back and see us too.

jerri
Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so sweet Jerri--I will report back after my trip--
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #1034
Big Yapper!!!!

OK, I am back for daily check-ins. Nothing fits my life like CAD, and I just have to get back on track.
This works, if I stick with it. (And better if I give up SF drinks, but I will do that slowly)
Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #1035
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
OK, I am back for daily check-ins. Nothing fits my life like CAD, and I just have to get back on track.
This works, if I stick with it. (And better if I give up SF drinks, but I will do that slowly)
You can do it Karen! Just replace your SF soda habit with another habit that fits this lifestyle. Maybe some cucumber, mint, lime wedge water or mixed with club soda or something? IDK but I DO know you can do this! Start now for NEXT summer! LOL

MIW
Old 09-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
so sweet Jerri--I will report back after my trip--
Yes, tell us about your trip. I don't know if you have any of the CAD books or not but I get several copies of CAD and CALP each year at local thrift stores for under $3 each to give away to people. READ THEM! We pretty much have "the rules" at the start of this thread and other articles on hyperinsulinemia which is what CAD really is meant to treat.

The books are nice because the Heller's are so understanding of the struggles overweight and carb addicts face with cravings and Rachael Heller's own personal story is pretty sad and how she stumbled into losing weight by controlling insulin release is very interesting, at least to me! I think you will enjoy the books.

MIW
Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Ok yesterday was VERY tough. This menstral cycle has been a doozy with me being sooo hungry for carbs in the evenings and also very tired. Yesterday I was almost ready to just eat a second carb meal with Hubby. I do mine earlier in the day and he does his later.

Anyway, very proud that I made a big bowl of canned tuna with mayo, 2 diced boiled eggs, and a couple of diced scallions, plus a big salad with ranch dsg instead. I am up a pound from yesterday but I am sure it would have been 2 or more if I had more carbs.

MIW
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #1038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Yes, tell us about your trip. I don't know if you have any of the CAD books or not but I get several copies of CAD and CALP each year at local thrift stores for under $3 each to give away to people. READ THEM! We pretty much have "the rules" at the start of this thread and other articles on hyperinsulinemia which is what CAD really is meant to treat.

The books are nice because the Heller's are so understanding of the struggles overweight and carb addicts face with cravings and Rachael Heller's own personal story is pretty sad and how she stumbled into losing weight by controlling insulin release is very interesting, at least to me! I think you will enjoy the books.

MIW
MIW--I read the books years ago. I think it was one of the first LC diets I tried. I did experiment a bit with it this week in anticipation of my trip but found my weight (and cravings) kind of went nuts with the sugar I was eating If I try this again, I will have to figure out a way to tame that. I may try doing one RM while in Argentina (shouldn't be too hard with all that argentinian beef, lol), but I won't have a lot of control over my food, so we shall see.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #1039
Major LCF Poster!

I have been back to my one meal a day being breakfast and a free day on the 7th day. I have my free day on Saturday and Sunday is a late brunch big breakfast. Monday thru Friday my BB is from 5a.m to 9a.m. I have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks when nothing else would work. Eating a rm at night after fasting all day made me gain. There is truth to the circadium rhythm of the body that the Big Breakfast Diet talks about. Even the Hellers quote the book in their latest book that recommends eating your rm for breakfast instead.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #1040
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow is pizza and Costco carrot cake cupcakes with an apple and coffee with cream for breakfast!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #1041
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
2 days on plan...... Today Sub Sandwich for lunch, and then LC for supper.

Drinking coffee with coconut oil in it again. Think that helps me.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

I was FULL FULL FULL all day long.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #1043
Big Yapper!!!!

Did very well yesterday. Scale isn't moving down, but I am more in control of my eating.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Question on big breakfast

For those of you (Oriana ? Others?) on the big breakfast plan - did you ease into that? or just go cold turkey one meal a day. I'd be afraid I would do the big breakfast and then still want to eat more later that day.. Just curious. When I've had success, it's only been with the evening meal. When I tried to do RM at lunch, I would still want to eat more later.

I really need to get back on CAD. I'm on Weight Watchers now, and did fine as far as weightloss, but it's doing nothing for my cravings. Each day I'm fighting that urge to overeat.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #1045
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Allie, as you can see, Oriana is doing really well on the big breakfast woe, I wish I could do it, and I did try. I think that for me, it's a problem with my bloodsugar response. . I have been able to move me meal up from evening til around 1pm now, and I'm staying with that because it works for me. . one other thing I do is that if I really need to eat something else , even at night, I eat a very low carb item, because again, with me, it's a bloodsugar thing, I believe. I have done w.w. in the past, but I was so hungry all of the time because for me, I would get just enough carbs to keep me hungry by eating all thru the day. . it seems like that with the CAD/CALP I am confining my carbs to one meal, and that seems to keep me from getting so hungry. . everyone is different, so I hope you find a way that works for you and doesn't keep you hungry and craving things because that is no fun.

jerri
Old 09-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #1046
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 320.8/316.4/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Can't wait!

I've done well with this woe of eating a few different times. I always lose about 20-25 pounds easily and then I relax and stop following it... I really want to commit to this. I am disappointed in how I feel with WW even though I've had good weightloss each week. I remember not craving food when I did CAD. I'm out of town traveling tomorrow. I am going to start CAD tomorrow!!!!!

I long for the feeling of not being addicted to food again. I've only experienced that with CAD and pregnancy... and no more pregnancies are in our plans!! LOL
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #1047
Major LCF Poster!

I love this woe and am forgiving of myself when it seems things aren't going my way scale-wise. I always feel so good, can eat what I want, follow a few simple rules and slowly lose weight! I love it. I am "fiddling" with trying RM earlier ala SEC way but will see how it pans out long term.

MIW
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #1048
Major LCF Poster!

Well this seems to be an up trend for the time being but this TOM cycle was a doozy! LOL

I KNOW this WOE works and will stick with it! I did have a super-early (at least for me anyways) RM today from 9-9:30am and have actually been fine all day. I am going to try BB/SEC style for a week or so and see if I can kick lose some of this weight!

MIW
Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #1049
Major LCF Poster!

Ok Oriana, I have moved my RM to being super early for me last 2 days by 9am. Tomorrow will be the day of truth! LOL

I am eating the same amounts, more protein, but not as many veggies. More fruit. Doing smoothies. I will be VERY happy if I can get 214 or LESS on the scale tomorrow.

This week's avg is down 1/2 pound from last week but I am up exactly one pound from 2 weeks ago (which was my LOWEST weekly avg wt). I am hoping now to get a kick start on the week with doing BB/SEC style of CAD. I am doing all in one hour and one meal only as many days as I can stand it. Yesterday I did get hungry later and had some steak and cheese. Today I am powering through it and it is tolerable hunger but it is there. Funny how I won't be hungry ALL DAY LONG and then last couple of hours it comes on...

MIW
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1050
Major LCF Poster!

213.6 today! I've gone from 215.6 to 214.6 to 213.6 in last 3 days Doing RM's for breakfast!

MIW