Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I am down 5 pounds in one week on Big Breakfast diet all week. It's working for me and I will be doing a free day in about 2 more weeks. I want to get my body in sinc with this eating plan.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #992
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shawneegyrl
Stats: 201/188/160
WOE: Carb Addict Heart Healthy
Start Date: Sept 2013
Heart Healthy

Lower fat emphasis makes sense. I chose the Heart Healthy book because my doctor keeps fretting about my BP and now my sugar has risen some. He thinks I cannot loose the weight and keeps pushing the pills.

Being honest with my self, it is because I have not buckled down before and stayed on track. I love the carbs, sugar and fats - and would break down after a few pounds.

I hate the meds, I am the side effect queen. I even experience stuff that is not on the info/warning paper. Had a pharmacist look at me like I was a nut case when I told him what was going on with a med. I hate the way I feel when taking the BP meds and have decided I WILL NOT take statins.

I know people who have reduced or eliminated meds by getting the poundage off. I know I can do it this time.
Shawneegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #993
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Congratulations, oriana, your plan sure is working great for you, so glad you have found something so perfect. I don't check the scale until Sat., but am hoping for a loss of some kind. I'm still doing the CALP, and am eating really good food for a change, so hopefully . it will work for losing too. .

Shawneegyrl, I can identify with some of what you're going thru, because of my past experiences. .I was pre diabetic a few years ago and the dr. I had at the time put me on metformin, well, she also put me on a statin drug about the same time. . what happened to me, in a nutshell was, I couldn't take either of them unless I wanted to feel like a walking zombie on a death march.. what I did was drastically change my eating habits., in a few months my BS was back to normal and other numbers were good.. I cut out all carbs and sugar except for almost all kinds of beans. I ate a lot of fruit and veggies and meat.. so, with all that said, I got away from it and started to eat carbs.. my BS never did get really high again, tho. . that way of eating did not help me lose much weight, so I now find that I want something I can live with and lose weight with. so for me it's the calp method, because I do believe my problems come from being insulin resistant.. this woe has calmed my appetite, and reduced cravings even tho I'm having some carbs at my RM. .and if I get hungry after that, I can have some protein and veggies if I need to. . I also have healthy fats because I believe the body needs them. . so, good luck on your program, I sure hope you find what works for you and you can avoid the meds.

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawneegyrl View Post
Lower fat emphasis makes sense. I chose the Heart Healthy book because my doctor keeps fretting about my BP and now my sugar has risen some. He thinks I cannot loose the weight and keeps pushing the pills.

Being honest with my self, it is because I have not buckled down before and stayed on track. I love the carbs, sugar and fats - and would break down after a few pounds.

I hate the meds, I am the side effect queen. I even experience stuff that is not on the info/warning paper. Had a pharmacist look at me like I was a nut case when I told him what was going on with a med. I hate the way I feel when taking the BP meds and have decided I WILL NOT take statins.

I know people who have reduced or eliminated meds by getting the poundage off. I know I can do it this time.
I am not a doctor so I will not give you specific medical advice. However, just be willing to be open minded to this fact: America has been trying "low fat" hard core since the 1980's and has only gotten fatter and sicker. America is on more and more medications than ever and only gettting sicker and sicker. I am an RN and I work critical care and cardiac. I have done ICU and cardiac for 15 years. I can tell you I have seen marathon running vegans who needed stents and diabetic CHF obese people who've needed stents. Some of it has nothing to do with lifestyle but also genetics. It may happen regardless of how heathly you eat or exercise.

However, not to be discouraged, the point I am trying to make is that you reduce "risk factors" by eating well and exercising. However however back to the low fat thing. I say give it a try and see what happens if that is where your gut is telling you to need to go. But please google Dr. Peter Attia. He is an MD and a surgeon. His site is called Eating Academy or similar. His site is HUGE with lots of info on how bad low fat eating can actually be for the human body. He is a prime example of someone who could not lose weight by eating low fat and "healthy" and even though he was a triathelte he could not shed the last 30 pounds!

He is an advocate of high fat and has the science to prove it is not unhealthy. Were it can be an issue is for people who graze and eat other junk all day long. It really comes down to how you control your hyperinsulinemia. I am willing to bet your doctor does not know much more about nutrition than you do. In fact as an average dieter you may actually know more than he does. I am telling you that if you give your low fat diet even doing CAD's HH version and you are hungry, not satisfied you should just bag it and come back to eating your regular food but follow the CAD rules and you will still see amazing results on your labs and not be hungry, and feel it is something you can do for life.

The only reason I am not open to doing the HH version is because I know low fat does not work for everyone. Yes, I am willing to concede for certain metabolisms people do fine and even thrive eating that way. My own brother is one of those. He is 6ft, skinny as a bean pole, eats vegan and eats all day long. Never an ouce of fat on him. He has traveled the world and been to India where that is how a lot of people eat and have the lean bodies that go with it. A good portion of caucasians are just genetically not meant to eat that way. I have no studies or proof of that other than what I know about geography and history. I do truely believe we are meant to eat meat and fat. I am not a paleo freak per say but I do see the wisdom behind a lot of that movement and I know that the Inuits have been studied and have like zero coronary artery disease, zero cholesterol issues and all they eat is fat and meat! Plus I did super low fat on Weight Watchers for years and my skin was dry and flakey, I was hungry all the time, shakey, never satisfied and that is not something I could ever do for life. I am sure the Heller's give good advice in their book and take a balanced approach to the low fat thing but I guess until I read the book I just don't know and would be skeptical. I have found I can eat high fat, high carb, and just follow the "rules" and I am still losing weight, not being hungry, etc and all the other benefits. I do need to get my labs checked as it has been over 5 years but even then luckily I was wnl "within normal limits" on everything.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 09-05-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Ok despite all the eating I have been doing and even having some chicken with BBQ sauce on it for 2 CM's in the last couple of days inexplicably I am 213.6 lbs on the scale today! I did a triple check because I thought for sure I'd be up to 215-216 range! LOL

I WILL be exercising today!!!

MIW
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #996
Junior LCF Member

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I am also reading a book called "your fat is not your fault". It discusses the low fat push that has been going on and the harm it is doing by confusing the body with chemicals and compounds that it does not know what to do with. When the fat is removed from food, something is put back in to make it taste good and that is usually worse than the fat.

I am not interested in low fat as such. In fact I search out foods that have the good fat that the body needs to process for energy. I am sure that no one method is the complete answer. I think carbs, sugar are my bigger problem.

I am also interested in going with the most basic (not processed at all) foods - with as much from my back yard as possible. An I do fatten my quail up with lots of corn. Just wish I could afford to buy only Non-GMO food for chix and quail.

I am looking for a balance that I can live with every day without struggling.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I am also reading a book called "your fat is not your fault". It discusses the low fat push that has been going on and the harm it is doing by confusing the body with chemicals and compounds that it does not know what to do with. When the fat is removed from food, something is put back in to make it taste good and that is usually worse than the fat.

I am not interested in low fat as such. In fact I search out foods that have the good fat that the body needs to process for energy. I am sure that no one method is the complete answer. I think carbs, sugar are my bigger problem.

I am also interested in going with the most basic (not processed at all) foods - with as much from my back yard as possible. An I do fatten my quail up with lots of corn. Just wish I could afford to buy only Non-GMO food for chix and quail.

I am looking for a balance that I can live with every day without struggling.
You can and you will! The first few months I really focused on whole foods and was very minimal with my sugar carbs as I was very motivated and just wasn't hungry. As time has gone on I have learned I can still get away with eating pizza, beer, ice cream, cookies, twix, snickers, etc etc for my carbs and still lose. I love it that I can just eat plenty of protein and veggies and balance that with everyday fun carbs and still feel great and lose! Remember, you can make your carbs whatever you want. They do not have to be junk. Read the CALP book (Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program) and they really break down the proper balance, and talk about other things like hidden msg, artificial sweeteners, etc during CM's that can sabotage the diet. Do not worry about it during your RM. I mean you can if you want but it is more things you eat for your non-carb meal that will stall weight loss and affect you more than your one hour carb meal.

MIW
Old 09-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #998
Senior LCF Member

MIW, I totally appreciate your posts. I agree with the information you share, I have lived to see a lot of the incorrect information play itself out. .while people are being told to do low fat, 6 meals a day, and etc., the population has just become more and more unhealthy., and yes, it's a long story, but I'll just say that once I did figure out certain things, I have been making progress. . I sat back and watched patients be put on statins and were never told that, for one thing.. the statins block your body's ability to produce coq10..and yes, they can reduce cholesterol, but no one told people that it's done by reducing liver function. . and the list goes on and on. . I'm thankful that people are finally getting down to the point that they are really checking things out for themselves.
I'm not a medical person, but, I have worked in the healthcare field in rehab facilities and as an ALF owner/admin.. so, I have seen how some things have affected people. . I have been to Dr. Attia's site, it's really a great place. . I think each person does have to do their own homework, and follow through with whatever they believe will work for them. . I really like the calp program for myself, it's helping to reduce inflammation and balancing hormones for me.
I'm grateful to have found out about it, and appreciate the posts that everyone has shared to show their progress with the program., without that element, I don't think I would have understood enough about the calp program to have given it a try.

jerri
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #999
Junior LCF Member

Making changes

Hi Jerri and MIW,

I just visited Dr. Attia's site and did a little reading. Thanks for that resource.

While I can't imagine using heavy cream at this point, I did go from the fat free products a while back and back to whole milk and other products.

Seems like I have to search the grocery store to find the "real" foods, as I sometimes call them.

I live close to Sanford and am going to Hopkins Meat on Saturday. Looking for locally grown, grass fed with no additives products.

I was so mad last week. I boiled up some chix cutlets from Winn Dixie and boiled the broth down much more than usual. They were so salty! The broth injected into the breast do more than add weight to the package. it said 110 g sodium per serving, but it about gagged me. Makes me wonder what else is in the "broth" Wish me luck.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #1000
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, I have supported Dr. Attia on this site. Don't forget I was eating ice cream every day for lunch and then steak, salad, ice cream again for dinners this summer and lost weight. I was a fruitarian and gained weight before this.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Yep, I have supported Dr. Attia on this site. Don't forget I was eating ice cream every day for lunch and then steak, salad, ice cream again for dinners this summer and lost weight. I was a fruitarian and gained weight before this.
I know! Thanks as you were the one who told me about Dr. Attia's site

I think his persepective is valid and one should get all the differing sides of the diet "debate" to see what works for them and their metabolism!

MIW
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

Ok typo from yesterday: I was 213.2 lbs and today again 213.2 lbs! Yesterday I had a CM after exercise and an RM later. Yesterday was a "me" day. I've been trying to get more and more of those in lately as I am in a place in my life where I feel I have the time and do not feel as guilty anymore.

30 minute brisk walk
1 circuit of pullups, pushups, leg marches, squats, deep squats, pleats, inner thigh, several bun exercises

CM:
Large ribeye steak
4 TBSP blue cheese dsg
4 Large stalks of celery
4 green onions

Then went to the spa for 4 hours! Did lots of relaxation, then got a full body scrub, 50 minute massage, then a 50 minute leg/foot massage and treatment. Tons of time in the spa pools, heat rooms, just sitting and vegetating.

RM:
30 peices of various sushi
1 Cup edamame (soy beans)
low sodium soy sauce and some wasabi
1/2 Cup pickled ginger
dessert from jack in the box: small oreo milk shake, small slice of cheese cake, one peice of chocolate overload cake

I swear yesterday was the PERFECT day! Hubby let me sleep in and I actually got to wake up on my own naturally without a kid or chore waking me up. Then I got to exercise. I knew I'd be at the spa all day and due to the heat and sweating I didn't dare go on an empty stomach, but I soooooo wanted sushi too so I did the CM first, then RM later after the spa. I felt better than I had in years! I was feeling so good and in such a good mood I came home and gave my husband a 1 hour massage. I have been in several car accidents over the years and have had close to 100 massages in my life so I have picked up pretty good techniques from having it done on me so I think he got a pretty good above average "home" massage! LOL

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 09-06-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Most likely will be a one meal only (RM only) day. Started off with my exercise regimen again. Forgot to mention for yesterday in addition to that I also did 50 leg lifts (ab work) and my back exercises). I did all the same stuff today. Maybe 45 minutes total work out.

Today's weight 213.2 lbs. Same as yesterday.

RM from 11:40-12:40-

1 large ribeye steak
6 C mixed baby herb and green salad with 3 large mushrooms
4 TBSP blue cheese dressing
2 stalks of celery and 3 mini bell peppers stuffed with cream cheese, diced turkey breast, diced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and some hot pepper flakes
Iced caramel mocha with 3 oz of syrups, 1 C whole milk, 5 shots decaf esspresso (although this was shared with my daughter so I didn't get it all )
1 regular sized snickers
1 regular sized kit kat
1 reese's PB cup (1/2 of a regular package package)

I do have some BBQ chicken legs in the fridge and a big bowl of the stuffed peppers. Should I get hungry later I will have some of that for a CM but since I am at home today and in my "normal" routine I usually do RM only those days.

MIW

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 09-06-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #1004
Junior LCF Member

self assignment

Got the book today and starting with my reading. I am watching for the low fat push (which I will follow as it suits me).

Thinking about breakfast as RM to see how it works for me. I really like having my oatmeal and 1/2 banana in the morning. I could do it at lunch if breakfast does not work.

One step at a time, read, educate me-self, really look at my foods, and be aware of how I feel.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Got the book today and starting with my reading. I am watching for the low fat push (which I will follow as it suits me).

Thinking about breakfast as RM to see how it works for me. I really like having my oatmeal and 1/2 banana in the morning. I could do it at lunch if breakfast does not work.

One step at a time, read, educate me-self, really look at my foods, and be aware of how I feel.
Yes! This IS about you and not necessarily what someone on line tells you or what a book says. My main example is the purists who will tell you this or that "isn't on plan." I say if you are losing weight, not feeling hungry or craving then go for it. I followed the book to a "T" on the coffee allowance and it made me stall hardcore and even gain weight. Even with decaf, even black, even when I consumed it during CM's and not on it's own as a snack. That was my eye opener that I can do what I want according to my body. I follow "the rules" and keep track of my symptoms. That is what I do. I say the Heller's did not study me, only I can study me!

MIW
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #1006
Major LCF Poster!

MIW sometimes I think eating more than once day revs up the metabolism like having a cm and then a rm some days and then just rms on others. Sort of breaks up the monotony too don't you think?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW sometimes I think eating more than once day revs up the metabolism like having a cm and then a rm some days and then just rms on others. Sort of breaks up the monotony too don't you think?
Yes, it has to be something. Like how JUDDD or intuitive eating proponents. Maybe it is metabolism confusion? IDK. I just know from now on I am eating if I get hungry and not eating if I am not. I am not going to force myself to eat 3 square meals a day unless my body tells me too and I am not going to force myself to fast for 23 hours either unless I am not hungry. Can't get any simpler than that!

MIW
Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #1008
Junior LCF Member

carb count

Do you count carbs or track them in any way or have you been doing it so long that you just "know" how many carbs you are taking in? If so, how many do you usually eat each day.

I have been tracking food on a site that recommends 165 carbs and 24 sugar for me. I was thinking of tracking at least for a while and setting a carb and sugar goal, but not sure where/if my goal should be.

Any thought on this?

About half way through the book. The low fat HH is an add on with variations on how to lower fat intake, such as using some low fat products and not others, etc. The CAD program itself is, from what I can tell, is the same as I have understood it from discussions.

I LOVE salads but not for breakfast, so maybe I will get my cereal and fruit for lunch. Pondering that direction.

I may not get all my meals right this weekend, but plan to follow very closely at first and then figure out what I can live with and what I cannot live with to get the results I want.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #1009
Major LCF Poster!

Well, yesterday I ate extremely high fat and lost another pound. The day before I ate very low fat with 5 pcs. of fruit and gained. That tells me high fat is what makes me lose and according to Dr. Peter Attia and Gary Taubes this is why Americans are getting fatter and fatter. They are believing the diet industry and low fat diets that cause binging and hunger and weight gain!!!! I am eating 4 oz. of cheese this morning with a lg. breve (heavy whipping cream) coffee with SF hazel nut syrup! Now high fat does not mean high protein. Too much protein can do as much damage as too many carbs. You must eat higher fat than protein to lose. This is why I was losing on ice cream. And yes, I am having a piece of fatty ribeye, salad doused in ranch and a pint of butter pecan ice cream. I have some cashews on hand to have at work for Monday.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #1010
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Do you count carbs or track them in any way or have you been doing it so long that you just "know" how many carbs you are taking in? If so, how many do you usually eat each day.

I have been tracking food on a site that recommends 165 carbs and 24 sugar for me. I was thinking of tracking at least for a while and setting a carb and sugar goal, but not sure where/if my goal should be.

Any thought on this?
I do "random" audits and it is usually AFTER I have eaten. I tend to eat between 1800 and 2600 calories and 100-300 gms of carbs. When I looked up my "should be" range for calories depending on the site for my sex, age, weight it should be 1800-2300 calories. I think the recommended carb amount is up to 150 gms but I haven't actually looked into that. I just know what I am doing is working and the weight is slowly coming off and I am eating just as good as always, even better when you factor in I am getting way more veggies and protein than ever.

MIW
Old 09-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #1011
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, yesterday I ate extremely high fat and lost another pound. The day before I ate very low fat with 5 pcs. of fruit and gained. That tells me high fat is what makes me lose and according to Dr. Peter Attia and Gary Taubes this is why Americans are getting fatter and fatter. They are believing the diet industry and low fat diets that cause binging and hunger and weight gain!!!! I am eating 4 oz. of cheese this morning with a lg. breve (heavy whipping cream) coffee with SF hazel nut syrup! Now high fat does not mean high protein. Too much protein can do as much damage as too many carbs. You must eat higher fat than protein to lose. This is why I was losing on ice cream. And yes, I am having a piece of fatty ribeye, salad doused in ranch and a pint of butter pecan ice cream. I have some cashews on hand to have at work for Monday.
I wonder does it have to do with a diuretic affect? I would think a day to day change would be just water weight? Maybe the carbs cause fluids to go into the cells, where as process fats causes water to flush out? IDK but there has to be a reason! I am glad you are unlocking the secrets to your metabolism!

MIW
Old 09-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #1012
Major LCF Poster!

Well, the thing is I have lost visibly. I was 113 last week and today was 108. That's 5 pounds in a week and I know it isn't just water. I feel better on less carbs as they trigger hunger and bingish behavior.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, the thing is I have lost visibly. I was 113 last week and today was 108. That's 5 pounds in a week and I know it isn't just water. I feel better on less carbs as they trigger hunger and bingish behavior.
I am sure it is more than water but that much in one week is good regardless. My friend who does strict low carb (any carbs will make her binge) lost 11 pounds her first week when she went back on low carbbing and that couldn't have been much fat. I think water must be a part of an inflammation process or something similar and gets flushed then the ongoing slow weight loss is fat. I gained 4 lbs one day after getting udon soup at my sushi house and lost it the next day. That HAD to be water. But since November I know my 23 pounds is FAT not water! LOL

Also when I gained 8 pounds on my 4 day trip I lost 4lbs the first day back on plan, and took me almost 2 weeks to lose the other 4. It is weird what the body does and how it holds and holds then other times just whoosh! releases!

MIW
Old 09-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

Today I didn't exercise since I spent 1 1/2 hours weeding and hauled 3 loads of weeds to the other side of my land which is 1/4 mile round trip so I got a 3/4 mile walk in plus all the upper body weed pulling. We grow monster weeds out in the country! LOL We also planted 24 mums in my flower beds as well. Then I came right in and started cleaning. This evening will be round 2 getting the other half of the house, the kid's play room and laundry done. Ugh... the joys of running a big house. We don't do near the amount of yard work we need to, especially since Hubby started building his shop. I am hoping once that is done we can do more out in the yard because it needs it!

Tomorrow I've got some rabbit to deliver then will take it easy but plan on doing my "usual" exercise routine.

Today's RM from 12:30-1:30:

1 very large ribeye
6 C salad with 3 stalks celery, 3 diced mushrooms, 3 diced green onions
4 TBSP blue cheese salad dressing
3 stuffed minibellpeppers (cream cheese, diced turkey breast, diced green onions)
1 large iced mocha with 3 oz syrups, 5 shots decaf esspresso, 1 C whole milk
1 regular sized almond joy
1 regular sized snickers
1 regular sized kit kat
1 regular sized twix

Don't know why but I wanted chocolate today! Must be getting close to TOM or something. Today my weight was up from 213.2 lbs to 214. Not sure how tomorrow will be after such a large RM with all the junk carbs but I was sweating buckets and buckets during all that weed pulling and I could feel my muscles shivering after that and I was HUNGRY!!

MIW
Old 09-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #1015
Junior LCF Member

Well, I went to the meat market today and was very happy. I bought things I have not had in the house for many years. Bacon and sausage! Also got some nice steaks, more chix and ground buffalo.

Had a monster (for me) BLT for lunch. French sandwich bread, mayo, tomato, lots of lettuce and bacon. I was so excited to get a BLT I forgot I had cookies and brownies also.

I did get a bit hungry, but I think it was really my "grazing" habit calling me not insulin.

Had CM for breakfast and dinner. used the online tracker I mentioned earlier and came in 66 points low on carbs and 2 low on sugar. All summer I would be over on those two.

I was over a little on calories, more on fats, protein and sodium. I am not too concerned, the recommendations are for someone counting calories or fat. I just wanted to make sure I was eating less carbs and sugar than in the past.

At this point I will keep using it - it gives me a base line to challenge myself with.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

This week's weekly avg. I included several of the previous weeks. You see the nice downward trend?

Even though I am up almost a 1/4 of a pound from last week I am ok with that. I am consistently seeing 213-214 most days a week instead of 215-216. I am going down. Plus the last 3 weeks avg together has me down almost 1.5 pounds from the previous Month to month avg as well. I went back and my 22 pound loss over 45 weeks has my avg at 1/2 a pound a week so I can live with that!

Week 40- 216.6 216.4 216.2 217 217 216.4 215.4 (216.43) +0.83

Week 41- 215.4 216.4 216.2 X 216.6 X 216.6 (216.24) -0.19

Week 42- 215.4 215.6 215.4 215.4 214.8 216 216 (215.51) -0.73.........(215.94) +0.35

(Wk 42 on Thurs Aug 15th started exercising)

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

MIW

Old 09-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #1017
Junior LCF Member

slow weight loss

As I understand it, slow steady loss is better for you and more likely to be maintainable.

Quickly losing weight usually does not stay lost.

Had a big lunch, that will be the RM. Breakfast will not work for me. Tomorrow I will have my oatmeal and 1/2 banana with lunch.

More than one way to do this!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #1018
Major LCF Poster!

I pushed it hard today and feel great! My usual 1 1/2 mile walk, and legs/arms/ab circuit.

We are also going to an orchard today to pick some apples so that should count for some work as well. Hoping to see good results this week. I don't work until Friday and have every intention to work out each day to some degree until then.

MIW
Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

I think it's great that you all can exercise, sure wish that I could, right now I'm starting to use some handweights. I have a back injury that doesn't allow me to do much. .I'm still holding the 6 lb loss, and while I wish it was more, I can't complain because I'm eating everything I like., one problem that I had yesterday was that I just couldn't get as many calories down as I wanted.. nothing sounded good, or tasted good,. probably just a temporary thing., I think that could stall me, so I don't want to take in less calories. .keep up the good work, everyone, you are all doing so well.

jerri
Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #1020
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I think it's great that you all can exercise, sure wish that I could, right now I'm starting to use some handweights. I have a back injury that doesn't allow me to do much. .I'm still holding the 6 lb loss, and while I wish it was more, I can't complain because I'm eating everything I like., one problem that I had yesterday was that I just couldn't get as many calories down as I wanted.. nothing sounded good, or tasted good,. probably just a temporary thing., I think that could stall me, so I don't want to take in less calories. .keep up the good work, everyone, you are all doing so well.

jerri
Hang in there Jerri. I have gone through that too but I never seem to have too much of an issue with finding something to eat! LOL The hormonal changes do happen and expect your appetite to go up and down (and be more noticeable) now that things are in better working order

Sorry about your back injury. I think you should do within your limits and modify if you need to to accomodate it. I was in a car accident about halfway into my training for dog sledding about 6 years ago and had to really modify the type of stuff I was doing but I felt it actually helped me bounce back faster because I kept on exercising and didn't quit! I even just laid on the floor and lifted arm weight that way instead of standing and modified crunches to legs lifts (which I have recently learned are actuaully more effective anyways!). Also, be sure to youtube the Sit and Be Fit videos. Even just sitting in a chair you can get some good exercise, stretches, relaxtion stuff in

MIW