Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #901
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I have remembered something this evening, and wanted to share, just in case it could help anyone. . a few years ago I was close to being labeled as a diabetic, I was upset and talking it over with my best friend. .I told her, I am going to have to eat in a way to try to correct this, and what she told me at that time was so helpful, she said.. It is a proven fact that you can create a new habit in 21 days. so , if you change your eating habits for the better and stay with it 21 days it will become a new habit. .that really did help me change things a lot. . but then, a couple of years later I just stopped eating right and started back with the carbs, which brought the cravings, so, I am going to be counting my days and believing that I will create a new habit with this new woe. , I know that worked before, for me, . and I sure hope it will again.. I need a new habit of eating the CAD/CALP way.

jerri
jaymar is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #902
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
All of you are my life some days and just seeing other's post keeps me going. I wouldn't give up physically on this WOE for any real length of time but some time spiritually it is easy to fall into tricking one's self into going longer than the RM hour or really going bingey or carb heavy day after day after day. I am finding that seeing that I am human from time to time and that I am not alone is the key to making feel even better in the day to day of it.

I love this WOE and it has TOTALLY become habit! In fact doing RM only has really become habit and I find myself almost at a loss for what to eat the rare days I do get hungry for a CM. The last couple of times I went for a hunk of cheddar, CM friendly pepperoni and some celery sticks

MIW
Old 08-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #903
Major LCF Poster!

Today's RM (an RM only day)

2 C celery sticks
3 TBSP ranch
2 salmon patties
1 slice cheddar cheese
big piece lettuce, slice of tomato and onions
1 pc of blackberry cobbler
1 blueberry yogurt
twix
16 iced mocha with 2%

Have felt good all day and it was fun to mix it up a bit with my food choices and not have the same old same old. I only ate half the cobbler I brought, and didn't eat a snickers I brought along also. Getting easier to say no and I also got a 16 oz with 2% and not a 20 oz with half & half.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #904
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
All of you are my life some days and just seeing other's post keeps me going. I wouldn't give up physically on this WOE for any real length of time but some time spiritually it is easy to fall into tricking one's self into going longer than the RM hour or really going bingey or carb heavy day after day after day. I am finding that seeing that I am human from time to time and that I am not alone is the key to making feel even better in the day to day of it.

I love this WOE and it has TOTALLY become habit! In fact doing RM only has really become habit and I find myself almost at a loss for what to eat the rare days I do get hungry for a CM. The last couple of times I went for a hunk of cheddar, CM friendly pepperoni and some celery sticks

MIW

I understand this. Posting is as important to others as it is for our own journey. It is good to remember that........
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

I decided for the next while I am going to try going back to 2 meals a day and see if that can kick my metabolism out of this plateau I have been in since late March. I will follow CALP guidelines with IF and do a low carb CM, then focus on having more realistic RM's that are balanced better.

MIW
Old 08-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #906
Senior LCF Member

I love the fact that we do have some flexibility in this plan.. and what we can do is fine tune things when, and if , we need to. .I learn so much here, I don't believe I would have understood things nearly as well, but I have read how you all put it to work for you.. this board is a life saver for me. . Today is my fifth day of building my new 21 day habit, I had to start over completely when I changed my big RM to morning, but that's ok, I learned a lot about myself, and I will continue to learn. . insulin is a big deal with the body, and somehow I never realized that. . so I keep reading and learning and hopefully as I lose weight, I will be able to keep it off . Hope you all have a successful day .

jerri
Old 08-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #907
Major LCF Poster!

Yes Jerri, find what works for you and if you find it- hang on! That is one thing I need to get back to. Also, do not be afraid to keep on finding what works for you as somethings things in the body do change and what works today may not work tomorrow. That is one thing I do not want to become is stubborn! LOL

MIW
Old 08-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #908
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PHATgrl5
Stats: 329/326.8/160
WOE: CAD
Start Date: August 2013
Day 3

Weight: 327.8

Yesterday's meals -
B-egg salad, turkey sausage pattie and cooked spinach
L-chicken salad with celery sticks
D (RM) - spaghetti and meat sauce and large bowl of vanilla ice cream

Activity - 20 minute walk

I'm still determined despite being up .2 lbs. I expected some type of fluctuation this week . One observation is that I have to force myself to drink enough water throughout the day and also make sure I'm eating enough veggies in proportion to the amount of protein - very important to keep the bowels regular and help flush all the fat and toxins out .

Stay tuned!

Last edited by PHATgrl5; 08-14-2013 at 06:08 PM..
PHATgrl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #909
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, this is day 6 of my new habit journey, in 15 more days I will have acquired the habit of following the CAD/calp , eating in an 8 hour window, everyday. . today I am down 5.5 lbs. , and I know that the daily numbers are going to fluctuate if I get on the scale everyday,. I have seen that so much , so I do try to resist weighing daily because it messes with my head. . I believe that the bounce is just part of the body adjusting, so if that doesn't bother a person , then, that's ok, but for me, I need that positive encouragement of seeing the number go down. . PHATgrl5, please don't get discouraged because of that bounce, it will be that way , I believe, if you weigh everyday. .that's just my experience. . and, MIW,, I am going to hold on to these guidelines for now because they will keep me losing.. new habit.. a CM and a RM, in an 8 hour window,, today I'm going to get some exercise, as long as the pain doesn't stop me. . hope you all have a wonderful and successful day.

jerri
Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #910
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PHATgrl5
Stats: 329/326.8/160
Start Date: August 2013
Day 4

Weight: 326.8

Yesterday -
B: egg salad, turkey sausage pattie and spinach
L: chicken salad and celery sticks
D (RM): spaghetti with meat sauce (the last of it thanks goodness) and sauteed mushrooms and brownies for dessert

No walk yesterday

@jaymar Thanks for the encouragement. I only plan on weighing everyday during this first week just to see what's going on during this transition. After this week I'll just post weekly results (I like to see the bigger numbers)... and keep it up, you're doing great!

PHATgrl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #911
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am going to start exercising too! I am getting so excited. There is a yearly winter event that I love going to that I need to get into shape for and it is just the thing to motivate me. Plus my back has started hurting again recently and I know walking is good for that!

As to daily wts: I know they can bother some people, but really DO NOT let it discourage you. It lets you know that maybe something you ate or did the day before and how it affects your metabolism. Case in point if you are only noticing that you are gaining weekly, you may not realize a new product like a pepperoni or something you introduced into your diet may contain MSG or something you are sensitive to. Or going longer on your RM hour.

Also, just to let you all know I have been doing daily wts with a graph for 10 months! That is a lot of wts and there are many many many weeks were I am either the same weight on random days such as Monday or Wednesday (my start day was on a Wed) and it either looks like I didn't lose or even some days a month or two later on that day I was up a couple of pounds (TOM) and it makes it look like I gained. That is the downfall to only doing random weights or one day a week. When I look at my weekly averages I can actually see that I lost that week and was down overall from the previous weeks. I can understand the psychological aspect of the daily wts and I'd be lying if I said I don't get frustrated by them myself some days but I have seen the beauty of it and when I have it laid out in front of me I can see that I would have been MORE psyched out by only doing random or one day a week weights. The Heller's were right on the daily weights!

Another case in point is that for myself, since I do not exercise regularly the few times I have since changing to CAD my weight actually went up the first couple of days after exercising. I saw this consistently because of my daily wts and I expect it for tomorrow or the next couple of days. I think it is most likely water retention in the muscles. That is good to know as some people do lose right away and I know not to get discouraged. Also, TOM I always gain that week and then usually hit a new low the week after. I see that time and time again for the last 10 months so I can predict my week to see my weight go up even though I haven't changed a thing and to not let it derail me. That is something I would not have seen or figured out (at least not illustrated as well and may have taken longer to figure out) if I was only weighing in on a Monday.

Anyway, off my soap box but I do think in the long run you'll be happier to do the daily weights.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 08-15-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #912
Senior LCF Member

MIW, I do see what you are saying about the daily weights, and yes.. if you run across something that causes a gain, you would be better off to catch it early..I found out that I have a problem if I eat too much cheese,. when I was trying to do the juddd.. and of course there can always be something like that with me.. I am now off of the prednisone, and that really played crazy with trying to lose any weight. . I may try weighing every three days til I get my courage up.. also, I can see that I am starting to adjust my thinking in areas also, hopefully that is a good sign, and .. like you say.. don't let the numbers get you down, you know you are going to be able to do this, it's such a realistic plan, IMO. Hang in there too, PHATgrl5, we can do this.. we don't have to do it the rest of our lives, in our minds.. just one day at a time.

jerri
Old 08-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #913
Major LCF Poster!

Well I just finished a solid 30 minutes of walking, leg lifts, squats, press-ups (like push ups against a wall). I feel sooooo good! I set the timer on my phone and got my youngest out there with me in the rain! LOL

I used to have my own personal trainer who trained me in her home for a dog-sledding event and I also used to go to the gym alot (even though I've always been overweight I am very fit athletically) so I know plenty of strength training exercises. I usually run up hills and walk the rest. Strange but even though uphill is "harder" per say, it is actually easier on the joints. Plus with mushing the up hills is when you really have to get off the back of the sled and help the dogs to get up the hill so I train for what I need to do. I also walk plenty of straightaways doing leg lifts (think marching) since that is a lot of what you do in deep snow only with heavy snow boots on!

Wish me luck. My goal which I am sure I can reach is to be 200 lbs or less by late January which is where I was at the first year I ever went. Of course less would be even better but I am setting a realistic goal. I am currently 215.4 lbs. I think I will be building more muscle since I am adding a CM so I will be getting even more protein now.

MIW
Old 08-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Ok in addition to doing the exercise today I added up my calories just to see and it is right near 1800. That tended to be my natural go-to calorie amount when I just sat down and ate and tried to keep it balanced without worrying too much about cramming a day's worth of calories into one meal. What can I say except that I admit I was reallly starting to go bingey as time went on instead of being more intuitive and eating what my body required which is what I had been doing in the beginning. We live and we learn!

Morning CM from 10-11am range:

1 egg 80
3 pc bacon 135
1 ounce cheddar chz 110
4 stalks of celery 40

RM from 1:30-2:20pm range:

1 top sirloin steak 270
2 cups steamed cabbage 50
1 C Lucerne Strwberry
ice cream 260
1 C whole milk 300
1 C strawberries 50
1 Choc. chip cookie 80
1 Macadamia nut choc.
caramel cluster 105

Total: 1805

I made a milkshake with the ice cream, milk, and strawberries but it wasn't as good as I thought (actually my son wanted it) so I probably would use the milk for an iced mocha like I used to instead of in this way. I also managed to stay in a 5 hour eating window which is my preference over an 8 hour window but on work days and in general I am not going to sweat it too much.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 08-15-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #915
Major LCF Poster!

Just went to a calorie burn calculator and entered in as close as what the choices were to what I did and this is what it came up with for my 30 minutes. Not too bad! Right around what I remember my Weight Watchers activity counter calculating as well if you calculated the points you would "earn" to be able to eat based off of the level of intensity of exercise you did that day.

Activity Calories burned

Running 5 mph 28

Pushups - moderate 41

Aerobics - high impact 57

Walking 2 mph 68

Step aerobics - low impact 91

Total Calories Burned 284

MIW
Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #916
Major LCF Poster!

Just went to a calorie burn calculator and entered in as close as what the choices were to what I did and this is what it came up with for my 30 minutes. Not too bad! Right around what I remember my Weight Watchers activity counter calculating as well if you calculated the points you would "earn" to be able to eat based off of the level of intensity of exercise you did that day.

Activity Calories burned

Running 5 mph 28

Pushups - moderate 41

Aerobics - high impact 57

Walking 2 mph 68

Step aerobics - low impact 91

Total Calories Burned 284

MIW
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #917
Big Yapper!!!!

I just need to post every day to keep me accountable,

And I need to walk with gs instead of rock..........
Old 08-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #918
Senior LCF Member

I do wish you good luck, MIW, I believe you will make your goal for Jan. , it's great that you can do the exercise.., that will keep you motivated I think. . I can't do much in the way of exercise right now, but I do have a couple of things that I can try like the mini trampoline. .this is day 7 on the road to my new habit, of cad/calp. I ate out yesterday for the first time, had a huge taco salad, a burger and ice cream.. this is unbelievable to be able to eat this way and feel ok about it. . hope everyone has a good day, and I wish you all great success.

jerri
Old 08-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #919
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I do wish you good luck, MIW, I believe you will make your goal for Jan. , it's great that you can do the exercise.., that will keep you motivated I think. . I can't do much in the way of exercise right now, but I do have a couple of things that I can try like the mini trampoline. .this is day 7 on the road to my new habit, of cad/calp. I ate out yesterday for the first time, had a huge taco salad, a burger and ice cream.. this is unbelievable to be able to eat this way and feel ok about it. . hope everyone has a good day, and I wish you all great success.

jerri
Good luck to you, also.

I have a wedding and reception tonight, so that always makes diet tough. Although CAD does fit better than other ways of eating.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #920
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Good luck to you, also.

I have a wedding and reception tonight, so that always makes diet tough. Although CAD does fit better than other ways of eating.
Karen you can totally fit this WOE into that event. One thing I was doing as time went on was making excuses and getting off plan here and there but it was enough week after week that I have been spinning my wheels and not making much real progress. Even one day a week I have found for me is enough to undo the rest of the progress from the other 6 days. I too need to get better about "planning" out what I will eat so I can just stay on plan!!!

MIW
Old 08-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #921
Major LCF Poster!

Another day of exercising. 30 minutes of active walking and marching/leg lifts, then some light ab work and upper body. Going to go gradually and slow. I will be working the next 2 days so they will be rest days.

Today's wt 214.8 lbs!

MIW
Old 08-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #922
Senior LCF Member

I hope you all had a successful day, and iakaren, sure hope the reception meal worked out ok for you,. I don't know of many ways to eat except what we're doing that would allow so much freedom, oh.. speaking of freedom,. seems like I might have had too much, my scale jumped up one lb., but that is to be expected , I think. .I'm still reading through the calp book, and learning. . today is day 8 in my journey to creating a new habit, so I say, I'm going to stay with it no matter what , because I've run out of choices. . WW is a great plan, but I was always starving on it.. and I can't do straight LC, because it won't fit a normal lifestyle,. I am confining my eating to an 8 hour window, but am considering closing it to 6 hours to see if it helps at all . . Have a great day, everyone, and I wish a successful day to you all.

jerri
Old 08-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #923
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I hope you all had a successful day, and iakaren, sure hope the reception meal worked out ok for you,. I don't know of many ways to eat except what we're doing that would allow so much freedom, oh.. speaking of freedom,. seems like I might have had too much, my scale jumped up one lb., but that is to be expected , I think. .I'm still reading through the calp book, and learning. . today is day 8 in my journey to creating a new habit, so I say, I'm going to stay with it no matter what , because I've run out of choices. . WW is a great plan, but I was always starving on it.. and I can't do straight LC, because it won't fit a normal lifestyle,. I am confining my eating to an 8 hour window, but am considering closing it to 6 hours to see if it helps at all . . Have a great day, everyone, and I wish a successful day to you all.

jerri
Reception went ok. Today went well also. Hope the scale moves tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #924
Senior LCF Member

That's great, glad things went well for you, iakaren, the scale is just so hard to understand, I am back down today to my original 5.5 loss. . but I know from doing the juddd thing that the scale is going to bounce, I do like to give it a few days before I check, and I know people say you should check everyday, so I just keep thinking, well, soon I will be confident enough to check everyday. .I can see different things do help me. . like on calp, not having too many carbs keeps me from cravings. . and the eating window keeps me from having to deal with eating at all times during the day. I like that. . I think we do find ways to help ourselves, and we are all different. . but.. we can do this. no matter what happens just keep on doing what works for each of us, and we will get to goal.
Today is day 9 of acquiring my new habit of eating by the calp method and the window of time. . it helps me a lot to be able to come here and post., I need to stay accountable, everyone else's posts encourage me too. . wishing you all a great day, and much success.

jerri
Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #925
Senior LCF Member

Hi, everyone. . this is my tenth day of trying to make a new habit, but I really messed up last night. . I got up in the middle of the night and had some apple pie. .I had already had a piece at dinner, so, it was outside of my window, and off of the plan. . this morning, I'm determined to get right back to my plan, and once again, I knew that if I kept extra things around, this could happen.. and it has always been a problem for me, but this time it's different, I'm dealing with what I did, and I'm not chucking the program. . I know that I need to watch out for things that make me vulnerable to late night eating.. and for now, I'm not going to keep sweets in the house, I'll have to buy whatever I have at dinner on the day that I can have it. . I see people saying oh. they can have cookies and things in the house and they don't feel tempted anymore.. well, I'm sure not there yet.. Hope all is going well for everyone.. have a good day.

jerri
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #926
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Jerri! I have had a couple times in the last 10 months that I figured out were mainly around my time of month (TOM) and must be hormonal because the chocolate monster got ahold of me big time after I had already had a RM. I remember one because I had switched my RM to breakfast and by late day I was voracious. Just get back up, dust off, and keep going!

MIW
Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

Today is my Day 3 of my new habit: exercise. I started my TOM so waahhh it threw off my nice daily wt avg a couple of days and brought my weights up to 216 but I am still down overall from the previous week. Today I am 215.4 lbs. I did another 45 minutes today of exercise: 30 min of fast walking, and 15 of mixed lunges, marches, ab and arm work. I feel it head to toe today and I feel GOOD!!!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 08-19-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Hey, MIW, I am so glad to hear that you're enjoying the exercise.. I have started working with my light hand weights again, and will add on as I can.. I still have a very bad back, so I have to be careful.. and yes, it's going to happen when I fall off the wagon, but today, I did what you said..I got right back on and I plan to keep trying and keep posting so that I don't fall off and stay off. . I think the eating window helps me a lot, and I'm still finding out that I eat too much, but hopefully, all that will get in line and stabilize so I can continue with the losing. if you look at what we have and will accomplish, to me, it's so much better than weight watchers and buying pre packaged meals..because as soon as you stop those things..you go right back to where you started. . with this new woe , for me, I can do it the rest of my life., and I find that I am really wanting that too.. so good luck with your exercise, and I believe you will make your goal.

jerri
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #929
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi, everyone. . this is my tenth day of trying to make a new habit, but I really messed up last night. . I got up in the middle of the night and had some apple pie. .I had already had a piece at dinner, so, it was outside of my window, and off of the plan. . this morning, I'm determined to get right back to my plan, and once again, I knew that if I kept extra things around, this could happen.. and it has always been a problem for me, but this time it's different, I'm dealing with what I did, and I'm not chucking the program. . I know that I need to watch out for things that make me vulnerable to late night eating.. and for now, I'm not going to keep sweets in the house, I'll have to buy whatever I have at dinner on the day that I can have it. . I see people saying oh. they can have cookies and things in the house and they don't feel tempted anymore.. well, I'm sure not there yet.. Hope all is going well for everyone.. have a good day.

jerri
It happens.....and we all just get back on plan and start again
Old 08-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #930
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eok2008
Stats: 324/316/169
Start Date: Restart CAD 11/29/2011
I'm back. Seems I follow this plan for a while and then get off onto something else, but this is really the only way of eating that makes sense for me and my life style. Looking forward to getting acquainted and learning what is working best for everyone.
eok2008 is offline   Reply With Quote