Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #871
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Welcome! I too am probably going to have some meat and salad later because I did my carb meal (RM) early today compared to the last few days and am getting hungry. The beauty of CAD is that you do what works for you!

MIW

Well I ended up not eating a CM later that day because we had a work crew and I BBQ'd up some steaks and set them in the kitchen waiting for the guys to come in and eat. Just sitting there smelling the steaks for about 5 minutes and all my hunger disapeared!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #872
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,672
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
At least back in control enough to eat 3 meals plus 1 snack.

cutting back (again) on diet pop and SF drinks.

That is starting again, for me.
Just plain fatigued today. Ever since I got up.....
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #873
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I wanted to stop and say Hi, I was so thankful to have had such a good nights sleep last night. , hope that continues. I keep reading the posts, and am about half way thru them, that really does help me to know what to expect. I can't believe that I can eat so much and still have the hope of losing weight, it may be best for me to wait a few days before I check the scale, but whatever happens I know I'm eating good stuff and I'm looking forward to having success.., the book is on it's way to me and I look forward to that., I love reading all the reviews at Amazon, wow, so encouraging.
dinner was 6 oz steak
2 C salad
2 C green beans
1 sweet potato
1 choc. cake in a mug
jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #874
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Just plain fatigued today. Ever since I got up.....
Keep it up Karen! I will never give up on you. I remember all your posts about how hard you worked at this plan, how you lost weight and felt so good while eating this WOL. It is forgiving and you pick right up where you left off!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #875
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I wanted to stop and say Hi, I was so thankful to have had such a good nights sleep last night. , hope that continues. I keep reading the posts, and am about half way thru them, that really does help me to know what to expect. I can't believe that I can eat so much and still have the hope of losing weight, it may be best for me to wait a few days before I check the scale, but whatever happens I know I'm eating good stuff and I'm looking forward to having success.., the book is on it's way to me and I look forward to that., I love reading all the reviews at Amazon, wow, so encouraging.
dinner was 6 oz steak
2 C salad
2 C green beans
1 sweet potato
1 choc. cake in a mug
jerri

I am in a couple month long plateau (has happened before). For me the weight loss is slow. I am avg some months only a pound for the entire month. BUT I have been at this 9 months and eat sooooo well how can I complain? LOL You will notice other things to. They are different for each of us. For me I do not sweat anymore, and even when I was skinnier and younger I still sweat all the time. I am 216 and only have lost about 20 lbs and am not sweating! So weird. And not biting my nails anymore, you will lose INCHES and sometimes no weight on the scale. That one is crazy as you are actually building muscle just by eating like this without exercise So many other things but just wanted to encourage you to not just think in terms of weight loss but all the other benefits. Plus just having control of food and not being hungry all the time. That one is a blessing for many many of us!

MIW
__________________
Starting Weight: 235lbs Starting Date: November 1, 2012 WOE: CAD/CALP and loving it! Staying on plan, not giving up, making it work! If not me, who? If not now, when?
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #876
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I really appreciate all of your posts, especially the ones that give facts about how to do the cad/calp. my book should arrive any day. , like so many people I have done every diet in the world, I think.. but this way sure has all the benefits that I'm looking for. I have made one mistake, already,. well I find that it was a mistake for me. . I tried moving my RM up to morning, that does not work for me, I was so hungry the rest of the day, didn't feel good as I had the two days before. . so I am back to having the RM around 5 or 6 pm. . I did get the type of chromium that I saw mentioned here, and was wondering, how much is recommended daily?, I have also started collagen hoping to help my body repair some tendons and ligaments in my feet. . so, all in all, I am very happy to have found this great place, I plan to stay committed ,, thanks for your help. jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #877
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,672
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I really appreciate all of your posts, especially the ones that give facts about how to do the cad/calp. my book should arrive any day. , like so many people I have done every diet in the world, I think.. but this way sure has all the benefits that I'm looking for. I have made one mistake, already,. well I find that it was a mistake for me. . I tried moving my RM up to morning, that does not work for me, I was so hungry the rest of the day, didn't feel good as I had the two days before. . so I am back to having the RM around 5 or 6 pm. . I did get the type of chromium that I saw mentioned here, and was wondering, how much is recommended daily?, I have also started collagen hoping to help my body repair some tendons and ligaments in my feet. . so, all in all, I am very happy to have found this great place, I plan to stay committed ,, thanks for your help. jerri
The whole trick is to figure out what works for you. Sounds like you are starting on that. Good for you.
I don't seem to be able to do RM in the morning either.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #878
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
The whole trick is to figure out what works for you. Sounds like you are starting on that. Good for you.
I don't seem to be able to do RM in the morning either.
Agreed. Every day that I do an early RM I am either hungry later or end up caving if a social event (unplanned) pops up. Then I feel like "oh, well" and I have to eat some carbs. I need to just do later in the day since that seems to make my body happiest and social life more pleasant even if I don't lose weight as fast. I still lost plenty doing later day RM's so I need to remember that!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #879
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
I really appreciate all of your posts, especially the ones that give facts about how to do the cad/calp. my book should arrive any day. , like so many people I have done every diet in the world, I think.. but this way sure has all the benefits that I'm looking for. I have made one mistake, already,. well I find that it was a mistake for me. . I tried moving my RM up to morning, that does not work for me, I was so hungry the rest of the day, didn't feel good as I had the two days before. . so I am back to having the RM around 5 or 6 pm. . I did get the type of chromium that I saw mentioned here, and was wondering, how much is recommended daily?, I have also started collagen hoping to help my body repair some tendons and ligaments in my feet. . so, all in all, I am very happy to have found this great place, I plan to stay committed ,, thanks for your help. jerri
I just took the recommended amount on the bottle and made sure to get the bilogically active type. A guy on the yahoo CALP group says chromium picolonate is more readily absorbed by humans but the Heller's said they didn't recommend it since the GTF chromium has more studies behind it's use. I actually stopped the GTF chromium but may start back up to see if I notice a difference. You can get it naturally in cheese, black pepper, red wine, etc so it is naturally found in foods

Also, if you are into it you can try chondroiten and glucosamine. I tried the orange soda (liquid form) that Costco sells and I swear after taking it my chronic back pain in my spine after 3 car accidents went away! My husband take the pills but I think I am going to get him on the liquid. I bumped into an elderly lady at Costco getting the liquid bottle type and she said the glucosamine with chondroiten really does work for joint pain- but she said some people need the liquid and other's the pills. If one doesn't work try the other according to her. She said the pills didn't help but the liquid did. I also am a nurse and worked with an ortho surgeon who said it would put him out of business. However current studies dispute that it actually helps the joints and cartilage but I know from my own back pain that I had for years went away in less than a week!

MIW

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #880
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Thank you for your reply, I did get the GTF chromium, and will take the recommended dosage. . also, the glucosamine drink sounds like something I would like to give a try. . I went back to having my RM in the evening, and I have lost 1.5 lbs in a couple of days. . I couldn't be more satisfied with an eating plan that I am with this. . also, I'm keeping to an eight hour window for my meals, I believe that helps the body heal, so as long as it doesn't cause any other problems, I will stay with that. . I can identify with so much that everyone here posts about, so I wish you all the best in your daily efforts with this way of eating, , it's healthy, no starving, and no extra expenses by having to buy special things. . oh.. there is one thing that I notice I do , that I didn't do before,. I seem to get pretty sleepy after my RM, and have had to take a nap a couple of times., I think maybe it's just the body adjusting to the new woe, just wondered if anyone else has had that happen..

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #881
Junior LCF Member
 
PHATgrl5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ATL
Posts: 5
Gallery: PHATgrl5
Stats: 329/326.8/160
WOE: CAD
Start Date: August 2013
Starting over...again

I'm not really a low carb enthusiast (go figure) but I did the CAD plan years ago and lost 30 pounds (which I've gained back). I've decided to do this again because I know it works but most importantly, I know now what my pitfalls were - binging for my RM. I wanted to join this forum to use as a tracking tool (as I will be posting my results along with food intake and activity level) and also as a way to provide some type of testament for anyone thinking about trying this program. My "Day 1" is tomorrow (stocking up on groceries today) so I will post my starting weight then.
PHATgrl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #882
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATgrl5 View Post
I'm not really a low carb enthusiast (go figure) but I did the CAD plan years ago and lost 30 pounds (which I've gained back). I've decided to do this again because I know it works but most importantly, I know now what my pitfalls were - binging for my RM. I wanted to join this forum to use as a tracking tool (as I will be posting my results along with food intake and activity level) and also as a way to provide some type of testament for anyone thinking about trying this program. My "Day 1" is tomorrow (stocking up on groceries today) so I will post my starting weight then.
Welcome! I find too that I can definately pack it away at my RM. I mainly do one meal a day the way Rachael Heller supposedly did to lose 150lbs. I try to keep it as balanced as possible but do tend to be more carb heavy that most would recommend. The other day I did an audit and I was at 2800 calories and almost 300 gms of carbs! Yikes. But that was in my one hour and I am sure I had many days like that of all day type eating with carbs spaced out so I don't mind it as much since I know I just got one big insulin spike from that and not insulin pumped in my blood stream all day long. That is the biggest difference in this way of eating that you are limiting insulin the other 23 hours of the day. Even with that day I am down 0.19 lbs this week. Nothing spectacular but I didn't even just maintain or gain, I lost 1/5 of a pound! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #883
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
... oh.. there is one thing that I notice I do , that I didn't do before,. I seem to get pretty sleepy after my RM, and have had to take a nap a couple of times., I think maybe it's just the body adjusting to the new woe, just wondered if anyone else has had that happen..

jerri
Jerri I noticed the sleepy thing the first few days when I switched my RM and carbs to VERY early morning like very first thing when you get up that is recommended in The Big Breakfast Diet and The Stress Eating Cure (by the Hellers!). I also got shakey and craved carbs like crazy right at bedtime whenever I did that. I don't think it works for everyone and you just have to find the time that works for you. The funny thing is I did lose more weight and faster when I ate like that, but I was sleepy, shakey, and hungry later in the day and also started sweating again! I could go all day without eating except right around bedtime I would get voracious and have to just drink some water and go to bed or I'd be binging.

I decided I couldn't live like that and slowly went back to just eating between 10am-2pm in that range and don't notice it. Weird but what they print in books, even if studied is what works for most, not what works for all. I am now big on just figuring out me and making up my own diet. I don't believe in reinventing the wheel so I do use other diet principles but I can't say I am 100% on ANY plan at this point. I am for a "balanced" diet that the Heller's laid out in CALP, and keep the one hour. Other than that I eat whatever I want, and my salads are 4-6 Cups daily, not the 2 cups the books recommended! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #884
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Welcome, PHATgirl5. I hear what you're saying, I am so tired of gaining the same 30 lbs and losing it. . plus adding 20,. I've had a good day staying on the plan, but it is getting harder to eat the bigger meal, I may have to cut back a bit in order to not feel so full. I have learned my lesson on switching times for my RW meal, that really scared me because I had been feeling so good, then as soon as I changed it, I was starving, and did not feel well. . I know everyone is different, I just need to stay on track, and I'm determined to do that. You say that you know this woe works, and I do believe that. , just my brief experience tells me a lot about the way my body is responding. I know that it's good for me to post regularly, and also to read the posts on here, they are so helpful. I hope everyone is doing well, and having some success.


jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #885
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Gallery: MeBut20KilosLess
What do we think about bean noodles?

I want to have a noodle soup for my CR meal today.
Does anyone know whether bean noodles(the clear kind) are allowed?
The soup comes with Raman noodles, grilled chicken pieces, buk choi and bean sprouts all in a chicken stock soup, but I want to change the noodles.
Would this be a good option for me?
MeBut20KilosLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #886
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Gallery: MeBut20KilosLess
I just noticed this was answered in a previous post... Sorry..
MeBut20KilosLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #887
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Thanks, MIW, I understand what you mean., I think I would be bingeing if I tried that eating the RW meal early, think that is what scared me so much, now today, I have lost another 1.5 pounds and am elated., if this works this well and keeps me from being hungry, then this is what Im doing. . I've already had a friend tell me, that won't work, you have to eat a lot of small meals..well, I know she means well, but I don't trust myself because I have failed too many times to stay with something because I let myself do something else. . you are so right about finding what works for each of us, individually. . I really have been sleeping more, and better, so I'll just roll with it and see if that's my body trying to adjust, at least I'm not waking up at night hungry and trying to find something to snack on. . One thing I have wanted to do was stay in an eating window,, I noticed when I was doing the juddd woe, that over time that seemed to help lessen my appetite, what I had so much trouble with was the days that I could only have 400 carlories,..that was hard on me, the back and forth of the total calories,. . but with this woe, I don't feel deprived or like I have to starve, ,I'm saying, like others, sure wish I could have found this sooner, but then it's better late than never. .

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #888
Junior LCF Member
 
PHATgrl5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ATL
Posts: 5
Gallery: PHATgrl5
Stats: 329/326.8/160
WOE: CAD
Start Date: August 2013
Day 1

As promised...my weight this morning was 329 but I'm Determined - see my Avatar Now it's down to business. My plans for the day...

B: turkey sausage, eggs, and spinach stir fry
L: chicken salad and celery
D (RM): spaghetti and meat sauce with mushrooms...not sure if I'll have a dessert with this or not yet
Activity: 30 minutes of walking (some uphill)

Wish me luck and stay tuned!




Last edited by PHATgrl5; 08-12-2013 at 08:47 AM..
PHATgrl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #889
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATgrl5 View Post
As promised...my weight this morning was 329 but I'm Determined - see my Avatar Now it's down to business. My plans for the day...

B: turkey sausage, eggs, and spinach stir fry
L: chicken salad and celery
D (RM): spaghetti and meat sauce with mushrooms...not sure if I'll have a dessert with this or not yet
Activity: 30 minutes of walking (some uphill)

Wish me luck and stay tuned!



I do wish you luck and you are awesome! You are going to see in the next 2-3 days how wonderful this WOE really is and be pissed that it isn't common knowledge. I know when I first started I really couldn't believe I could eat so well and still lose weight! Plus just not get hungry. Keep us informed and hang in there.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #890
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
.. . I've already had a friend tell me, that won't work, you have to eat a lot of small meals..well, I know she means well, but I don't trust myself because I have failed too many times to stay with something because I let myself do something else. . you are so right about finding what works for each of us, individually. . . .

jerri

Jerri you are right about finding what works for you and don' t let your friend convince you that you are doing something wrong. They do mean well and I had my husband's sister who is very overweight herself try to tell me about the 6 small meal a day thing. The sad thing is that collectively America has been eating like that but since decent amount of us are insulin resistant all it has done is made us hungrier and fatter! People don't get it that there are different metabolisms.

They think one diet will work for any human and that just isn't the case. Science is proving that. Doctor's know about Syndrome X aka Metabolic Syndrome and insulin resistance is a precursor to that as well. Do not worry one bit. Science is on our side on this one. If you are not hungry and are losing weight on this diet then you can be assured that you are insulin resistant. It is a medical condition and the more frequent we eat, espeically carbs the worse we do.

It is ok to eat 2 CM's, a CM snack and the RM if you need it. I found very early on that I really only needed 1 CM and the RM and more days than not ONLY the RM!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 08-12-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #891
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
MIW, I agree with what you say about Science being on our side.. and people are so different in body chemistry, so how could a one size fit all work. . I want you to know that a week or so ago, when I came across your posts on this forum, I was at a very low point,, didn't think I could do juddd anymore and I had such high hopes for that to be my answer., but the more posts that I read, the more I thought, well, this is working for people, maybe it will work for me. I now believe it will because I can still get that fasting benefit by eating in the time window, and I am able to have the best meals I've ever had by doing the CM and RM.. what I've been doing is one small CM around 11am or noon, then I have my RM around 5pm, sometimes a little later if I need to. . I haven't done a ticker yet, not sure how to do all those things, but. I am going to keep track , maybe weigh every other day, just because the up a pound or down kinda drives me crazy. . I'm finishing up on prednisone that I have had to take for about 8 weeks now, and I know that caused major problems with weight gain, so , to be losing while on that is a miracle to me. .Thank you, so much, MIW, and the others who post here too, I have faith now that I don't have to carry around an extra small refrigerator the rest of my life. . sometimes I think gosh. what if I had to pick up and carry these 50 or 60 extra pounds all day..and what have I done to my poor old body all these years,.. that thought keeps me sober about playing with this woe,.. I'm loving it, and I am committed.


jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #892
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
PHATgrl15, I commend you for your determination, I wish you much success, and I will be around hoping to give you what support that I can, . I have just started this woe, so I'm not experienced, but I am so encouraged by the success that I am reading about, and the success that is posted by so many people who have bought the CAD/CALP books..if you need a lift just go to amazon and read all those reviews, it is uplifting. .I try not to worry about how long it will take to get to where I want to be, I try to focus on the fact that I can feel good in this day before me, that is a good thing for me. .



jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #893
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Yes I find the forums a lifesaver and come daily. I love to read posts so post post post! Many times I get lonely feeling like the only one here. I know there are many lurkers so I think of them too when I post.

Google Hour Power #5, also look for groups on yahoo MyCAFriends and lowcarber as there are other groups out there that I am on and I stick to the CAD and CALP groups and intermittent fasting ones.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #894
Senior LCF Member
 
scalestepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 769
Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
MIW, I enjoyed reading some of your posts, sounds like a good plan. I've often wondered what the picture is of in your avatar is, would you clue me in. Thanks
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #895
Major LCF Poster!
 
Makeitwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,250
Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
MIW, I enjoyed reading some of your posts, sounds like a good plan. I've often wondered what the picture is of in your avatar is, would you clue me in. Thanks
You are the second person who has asked! LOL Only one person actually knew what it was because she does the same thing. It is soap. I make soap a few times a year and take pictures of my batches to show another soap making friend

MIW aka Make It Work
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member
 
scalestepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 769
Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
You are the second person who has asked! LOL Only one person actually knew what it was because she does the same thing. It is soap. I make soap a few times a year and take pictures of my batches to show another soap making friend

MIW aka Make It Work
Thank you! I just couldn't get it figured out.

On another note, after reading the explanations of this wl plan, I can see that I can incorporate much of it into my plan, 5:2/low carb. You've shared some good info, thank you!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #897
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
I didn't know what the avatar was, either,.. it's nice to know because I would have never guessed. my grandma used to make soap , but it didn't look that neat . I am very thankful this morning, after my big shake up with a early RM, I have now lost a total of 4.5 lbs, .. and the best thing of all is that I am feeling good, like I did on the first few days. . I slept well, and feel rested too.. I just can't say enough about this woe. . I know that I have things to deal with, and one is, not changing what is working. . I really don't trust myself in certain areas, that may sound strange, for instance, I am not keeping any sweets, or high carbs in the house. I told myself last night, if I finish my RM, and really want something, I will quick drive down to the convenience store and get something, well I decided that I was full and didn't do it. . I know it may sound like I am the weakest willed person in the world, and maybe I am, I think the key to me staying on track is to not lie to myself, I will do that, I will say oh well, some cookies would be nice and they are in the cabinet. . maybe someday I will be able to trust myself, but I don't think I can or will at this point. . I am going to keep things like boiled eggs and beef hot dogs around and if I get a time that I'm starving, I will have one.. and from all I have read, that kind of thing will stop after I am on the plan longer, I do look forward to that.. Hope you all have a good day, and thank you for your posts here, they really do help me a lot

jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #898
Junior LCF Member
 
PHATgrl5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ATL
Posts: 5
Gallery: PHATgrl5
Stats: 329/326.8/160
WOE: CAD
Start Date: August 2013
Day 2

Weight: 327.6

Many people seem to think this is not so great because it's mainly water expulsion, but it is great and this is why...The body retains water as a result of inflammation so when it releases that water it's a sign that healing has begun.

Well I ate everything I planned on eating yesterday but I did not exercise. I did not go to bed until 3am the previous morning and was exhausted so I skipped the walk. We (forgot to mention that my entire household is doing this program - makes it so much easier) had ice cream and brownies for our dessert with our RM.

I explained that they should really enjoy these (what I like to call) "Transition Meals" because I promise they will get less fancy as these initial days pass.

I'm not going to post my plan for the day in the mornings because obviously stuff happens and things change, but mainly because I feel it will be better to post what I ate the day before (without having to repeat or confirm or deny what I did eat) and the resulting weight change in the same post.

Stay tuned!

P.S. MIW and jaymar, thank you for your encouraging words!



PHATgrl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #899
Big Yapper!!!!
 
iakaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 8,672
Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Changed my signature. 1 lb per week should be very achievable. And CAD works slow and steady....

Now I just have to do LC supper, because I had hamburger on bun for lunch (and dark chocolate......darned stress eating.....)
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #900
Senior LCF Member
 
jaymar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: central florida
Posts: 456
Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
PHATgrl5 and iakaren, good news., yay for you . . to me, it's important to see some results, doesn't matter if it's dropping big numbers.. it is dropping, and that's what we want, . We can do this !, I will admit that I've had to have a couple of heart to heart talks with myself, but that's ok, I needed them. .I needed to make a couple of small adjustments to the amount I was eating because I felt so stuffed after dinner. that is working out pretty good,. I am looking forward to mornings because I have felt so much better when I wake up, can't tell you how much that means to me. , and my mood is so much better because I am getting good vitamins by eating all the salad. . I could not be happier about the way this is going, so let's all hang in there, and be sure and let each other know about the good things that are happening because of our woe..


jerri
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.