Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you lost more weight! I love exercising with this.
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
MIW Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you lost more weight! I love exercising with this.
I know and thanks! I have tons of energy, am not craving, and am not starving before or after any exercising I have done while doing this, at least not compared to when I was doing WW. I would get so crazy afterwards thinking I get an extra 1 or 2 points depending on the amount of exercise I would do and obsess about that a lot. I love just not being crazy anymore with dieting.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Can someone tell me how many carbs would be in a Starbucks venti cappucino made with heavy cream? It would be less that a latte and maybe acceptable. Also, I noticed in the first hardback CAD that we can have 2-3 oz. of cheese! I love cheese for breakfast with coffee! I was down 2.5 pounds after that huge steak, salad, mint chip and vanilla ice cream. Tonight I had grapefruit and a lot of it from our neighbor's tree and two huge pcs. of pecan pie with a lot of whipped cream. I figured the pecans were protein! LOL! I just didn't want more meat!
Sounds like working. Keep at it.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
MIW- woahh that was awesome amount of info! I plan to quit but not right now. would ideally like to cut down regular cigs- still smoking them btw- in the am and pm :/ but the ecig is during work or if im inside too long. I did read tho that nicotine has some sorta positive effect on WL at least but im terrified of gaining after so... need some more "time" but yep- do plan on using the ecig. Perhaps i can come up w/ a reasonable goal like... w/in next month to phase out regular cigs to just maybe very infrequent use like i used to have no problem doing (occasional night out at bar, or night time cig) and phase into the ecig full time since i know its not "as" bad but still not "healthy". I guess one step at a time.

So yesterday I had my big lunch, and then a low carb dinner of chicken sausage w/ cheese and sour cream. Then did 1 hour on the bike.

Today haven't really had time to eat- having my coffee still w/ just a dash of half/half and cinnamin and feeling good.

Does anyone else get a nauseaus feeling after the RM? I might just be eating too much "junk" ...

Maybe tmi also im noticing im more frequent trips to el bano (not PP) lol. Guess its a good sign my metabolism is revving up. Still haven't been home to weigh in and am thinking ill jump on the scale tommrw am just to see whats the deal. Sadly i didn't weigh in before my weekend / NYE splurging w/ alcohol and chinese food (def not w/in 1 hour window :?) so hope the damage is not tooo terrible.

Have a great day all! Seems like such a supportive place and looking forward to getting to know y'all a bit better =)
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Good morning! Weight is down two pounds from yesterday, but I'm not surprised because that was weight from a sleeping pill I took.

I am having black coffee right now. I'll eat a piece of string cheese when I get hungry this morning. My RM last night wasn't very crazy. I had spaghetti sauce with meat over zucchini "noodles" and a half cup of chocolate ice cream. Filled me up, and I didn't feel like snacking last night.

I need to take the time to make a better lunch to bring to work with me. The cottage cheese is just not filling enough and was feeling too much like a diet yesterday.

Have a good day, all!

Rachel
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Hey everyone! Hope y'all are enjoying the new year, so far. DH and I are having a tough week....both of us are showing a gain.....trying to figure out why......may be getting lax or something....need to hunker down somehow......get a handle on this before DH goes back to work on Monday.........maybe that will help....idk
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

MIW, would you say you are eating more calories now on CAD than you did dieting?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

A gain is to be expected. That is the norm on this. It doesn't mean you are doing something wrong. Years ago the Hellers were on Oprah and the 3 shows they did were a hit. Even Oprah did the diet along with her audience. She was not impressed because she only lost a 1/2 pound in a month. She went off the CAD and gained up and down for years after. She would have been better sticking to it. It is at times too good to be true and that is why I think some do not do it.

I was down .5 pound after that huge carb fest of pecan pie and grapefruit. Today I had 3 oz. cheese and coffee with 2 oz. HWC and splenda/scrambled eggs for lunch/dinner is steak, salad, ice cream.

I seem to put away more food than most here on the board but that is okay. I do run a lot but I know it isn't the running that is making me lose. I would gain running 10 miles a day on fruit. Can you imagine that? Did anyone one else eat less than they are now and no loss?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Anybody notice a ton of Weight Watchers advertising? It's just another starvation way of counting calories, gals. Don't do it. Wouldn't you rather eat less and be satisfied. I have told myself that even if I have to cut down, which I haven't had to to at all, I would rather eat things that sustain me for hours rather than eat an apple for a snack which makes me ravenous. If you aren't on CAD, try this experiment. Eat an apple or juice and see how hungry it makes you. Then try eating a piece of cheese and coffee with cream. You'll go for hours without hunger.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Anybody notice a ton of Weight Watchers advertising? It's just another starvation way of counting calories, gals. Don't do it. Wouldn't you rather eat less and be satisfied. I have told myself that even if I have to cut down, which I haven't had to to at all, I would rather eat things that sustain me for hours rather than eat an apple for a snack which makes me ravenous. If you aren't on CAD, try this experiment. Eat an apple or juice and see how hungry it makes you. Then try eating a piece of cheese and coffee with cream. You'll go for hours without hunger.
Oriana, I read all your posts and questions Yes, I was eating way less calories on juicing, WW, Jenny, etc and I am losing eating WAY more now. Plus like you said, it sustains you. I love losing while eating like a Queen Everything they claim in their books is true: you don't give up anything, you follow the rules and the rest falls into place. SOP and you will lose. Deviate and you won't. I don't want to do anything to bring my "new" less IR metabolism out of whack.

I can't remember where I read it (on a forum post maybe?) where someone said it can take 2 days or more to get your metabolism back into order if you eat too many carbs or carbs at the CM's so I am not sure if that is true or not but it scares me to keep that in the back of my mind that I don't want to "waste" a couple of days. Not that I've been tempted becuase I haven't. About the only rule I have broken is to consume more than one coffee with cream a day but again, that has always been within a CM and not me just eating all my usual CM's, plus a RM, plus having 2coffees with cream at different times. I still do it within my 2-3 times a day of eating.

I went into this really meditating on how this affects insulin. Also really just listening to my body instead of starving it or force feeding it. These are the 2 "additional" things I keep in mind with the CAD/CALP eating guidelines. Insulin/Listen to my body. Insulin/Listen to my body. Armed with the knowledge from the books (the orig. CAD and also CALP) and my Insulin/Listen to my body mantra I will do just fine

MIW
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am 221 lbs. I am gonna ride this high all day. Possibly go for a walk in addition to all the chores I have planned for the day.

MIW
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, lets see if I finally got the signature thing not only figured out, but I've made it to my 60 posts and 60 days as well

MIW
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #73

I am seeing a ton of weight loss commercials right now. Weight Watchers, which I can't do because I go crazy counting points and feel very deprived, and Nutrasystem, which I wouldn't do because the meals look disgusting, and I don't like small portions of processed foods. Yuck. Special K is advertising their little carby snack packs of cookies and pretzels and there are all kinds of supplements being promoted, as well as bizarre looking exercise gadgets.

I am so grateful that I am not in the "I hate my body and must do extreme things to change it" mindset this year.

CAD allows me to be nourished and to have the freedom to enjoy feeling good while making my own choices....keeping it simple, simple, simple. No punishment or deprivation or any extremes.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

MIW what do you mean by "eating too many carbs at your cms"? We can eat more than 2 cups of salad, right? and I use more than 2 tbs. of dressing. I think the Hellers said in one of their books that we can eat more veggies and less protein if we want. Did you mean if we include fruit or something off plan in cms? I sometimes eat more and sometimes eat less at cms. Like today I had 3 oz. of cheese instead of 2 but the Hellers say in CAD that 3 oz. is fine as well as 2 oz. (=4TBSP.) of cream. I think your 2 coffees a day may be okay because in the old CAD they show menus with cappucino for breakfast and then this low carb lemon dessert for lunch which includes more cream so to me that is equiv. to two coffees with cream.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #75

Oh, and MIW...congrats on your new low weight. And, I can see your signature!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

DId anyone join the CAD facebook page. I am there and so is low carb Rachael.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

OINK! I ate myself under the table at rm. I mean it was balanced but my ribeye was big and so was my salad. I had a mug of mint chip and vanilla ice cream. All balanced but a lot!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
DId anyone join the CAD facebook page. I am there and so is low carb Rachael.
I refuse to do Facebook. Wont see me there......

And only Tweety Bird should Tweet, in my world
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Oriana, yes, I meant eating too many carbs or "bad" carbs at CM's.

How I set myself up for sucess:

I am going into my stretch at work which ends up being 14 hour days due to our commute. I am making a big batch of spaghetti for dinner tonight with double meat in the sauce, as well as enough for the leftovers to be made into spaghetti pie (google it, easy and delicious!). I also boiled up a batch of eggs to have for quickie snacks out of the fridge for Hubby and the kids while I am at work. I have a whole rabbit fryer thawing in the sink for Hubby to bake up tomorrow to be used in enchiladas and curry for the next couple of days after.

I have my meals packed and ready for tomorrow:

B- boiled egg, canadian bacon, 2 long pc of celery with cream cheese, plus I will get an iced decaf americano with cream and cinnamon while on my break to eat

L- a big salad that is half a head of iceberg lettuce shredded up, 1 C diced cauliflower, 1/2 C shredded mozarella cheese, 2 TBSP blue cheese crumbles, and 3 TBSP of blue cheese salad dressing, 2 large meatballs diced up and thrown in. (I reserve the salad dressing in a different container until right at eating time otherwise the salad will wilt!_

D- whatever Hubby has ready when I get home. Most likely more spaghetti or spaghetti pie if he makes it.

Today I wasn't hungry and was so elated at being at 221 I didn't eat breakfast or snack.

L- Same large salad identical to how I described above
D- will be spaghetti, a large salad, a bowl of ice cream or maybe an almond joy.

MIW
Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
I am seeing a ton of weight loss commercials right now. Weight Watchers, which I can't do because I go crazy counting points and feel very deprived, and Nutrasystem, which I wouldn't do because the meals look disgusting, and I don't like small portions of processed foods. Yuck. Special K is advertising their little carby snack packs of cookies and pretzels and there are all kinds of supplements being promoted, as well as bizarre looking exercise gadgets.

I am so grateful that I am not in the "I hate my body and must do extreme things to change it" mindset this year.

CAD allows me to be nourished and to have the freedom to enjoy feeling good while making my own choices....keeping it simple, simple, simple. No punishment or deprivation or any extremes.
I agree with you. They had the guy with the "8 hr window" diet on Today show. I will stick with CAD. It is working for me.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
Stats: 306.6/?/145
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013
Facebook

Thanks for mentioning the facebook page. I didn't realize it was out there. I just joined the group.

I am on vacation, and I am not strictly following the program. I would say I have been doing 2 CMs and 2RMs each day (every other meal CM). I am down 4 1/2 pounds and holding steady... When I go back to work Monday, I am going to commit to all CMs and 1 RM.

I'm feeling more in control. Just eliminating the in-between meal and night time eating is a huge success for me, because I was sooooo out of control for a long time.

Thanks for creating the 2013 board!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #82

Good morning! I am down 3.5 pounds since I started, but! that's just from the sleeping pill I took on Tuesday night. So, not a real loss, but still always nice to see the scale moving down. I'm going to average my weights Wednesday to Wednesday since I started on a Wednesday.

I am actually hungry this morning, so I had two pieces of bacon for my breakfast CM. I like being able to skip breakfast when I don't have an appetite, but when I do, I'm not going to deprive myself. I cooked a batch of bacon in the oven last night so it was easy to package and take to work with me this morning.

My RM last night was a bowl of basmati rice with butter and parmesan cheese, two pieces of bacon, and a piece of chocolate. That filled me up and was all I wanted (I was ready to have a second piece of chocolate, but my body didn't want it.)

I love seeing what people are eating, especially for the CMs. I still need to work on some portable tasty options that I can easily eat at my desk at work. I know that will be my weak point in this plan if I don't figure it out for the long term.

Celery with cream cheese is a good one! And I could make some meatballs. I made some earlier this year that had chicken, spinach, and feta. Those were pretty good.

Have a great CAD day!

Rachel

1/2: 155.5
1/3: 153.5
1/4: 152.1
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #83

I did pick up a copy of the 8 Hour Diet. I've always been interested in intermittent fasting, and it worked for me at one time. I'd do a six hour window and eat anything I wanted, and I got to my goal weight of 135. However, it became inconvenient for me when I started dating and wanted to be able to shift my meals around.

I think that CAD taps into several of the concepts that make IF work. Keeping insulin levels balanced and giving your body time to process food by reducing (or for me) eliminating snacking, especially at night. Seriously, after a good RM, I don't need to eat again until the next day, which gives my body time to burn the food I've eaten and tap into my fat stores. Even on days when I eat breakfast, I am still "fasting" for 14 or 15 hours a day, simply by not eating after my RM. (But this is not to confuse anyone. CAD is NOT intermittent fasting. You do not have to eat in any kind of a window.)

I didn't like the 8 hour diet because it felt gimmicky to me. He has 8 "powerfoods" that he wants you to eat during your 8 hour window, which is too much planning for me. He wants you to be able to say "I ate my 8" every day and to exercise for 8 minutes a day. Too much cuteness around the number 8 for me.

Low carb breakfast if I want it, low carb lunch, anything I want for dinner is so much easier and so much less of a diet to me.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 01-04-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
HI all- some interesting convo's going on over here - enjoying reading about it all.

So got on the scale today and was happy to be the exact same as before New years 177.4 apx. So, managed to eat, drink and be very merry w/o any gain, cool beans Gosh one night i even binged on chocolate and sugar but refused to beat myself up over it or even worse slip into my stupid ED ways. (one of my New years goals).

So now, 9 days until my BF comes from germany and would love to see what i can do in that time period, keeping up my routine that seems to work soo well which is:

CM for bfast
RM for lunch
(nothing really for dinner and hit up the gym).

Last night got a little hungry at night but kept thinking about how tomorrow i can eat my RM and all will be well and delicious! Still have to work on getting some produce into my regimen but have not had time to even go to the darn store.

What i do love about this is i feel like i dont think about food that much lately. I can make plans like lunch dates and such, and feel 'normal'! And i am not just losing .5lb/month, since that would certainly frustrate me! but at least its something lol. Theres got to be something to all this- the timing, the insulin and such.

Today smoked a last cig from my pack. Debating seriously on just going to the e-Ciggy now since i rather enjoy them. hmmmm might be something to consider if i am ready- trying not to pressure myself too hard.

Was considering eating my RM for dinner at home in pace away from the office, but the gym is nearer to my job, and i have a 'good' thing going and dont want to mess w/ it since im in crunch time and tend to do well w/ some kinda pressure/motivation/big event. Of course will continue this and probably make more adjustments once my man gets back. Told him about my WOE and have his full support. He is such a darling

Have a wonderful day all and TGIF!
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: renedlb
Newby

Hello there.

I have been reading on this and let me know if I get this straight.

I eat 3 meals per day: 2 CM which consists of protein and an approved veggie. (Breakfast ex 2 eggs and nitrate free bacon)
( Lunch ex cup of steamed brocolli and 4 oz 95% beef burger)

Dinner could be my RM meal: ex 4-6 oz chicken with avocado and pico, cup of steamed brocolli and small salad.

Trying to figure this out.

Very confused. Could someone post a few daily meals.

Rene'
renedlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #86

Rene, it's helpful to pick up a copy of the book through Amazon or your local bookstore. I picked up the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet book from my local bookstore for about $8.

I'm doing the original CAD, which has an entry level plan of:
breakfast: CM-protein, veggie
lunch: CM-protein, veggie
dinner: RM-whatever you want, must be eaten within an hour
no snacking

Here's an example of what I might eat on CAD:
breakfast: 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs
lunch: grilled chicken salad with dressing
dinner: bbq ribs, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, ice cream, all finished within an hour.

There are endless variations of what you can choose on this plan.

My personal guideline is to have my RM be about a plate of food, plus desert, and to stop eating when I get full. I know that I could never lose weight by eating three pizzas, two cheeseburgers, a whole cake, two gallons of ice cream, and three hot dogs at one meal.

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 01-04-2013 at 01:43 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: renedlb
THanks

Rachel,

Thanks for your response. I will definately see about getting the book.

I have been trying low carb but sometimes I miss my bread. Not always just sometimes.

I will get my grocery list together and plan my meals for next week and see how I do.

Thanks again.
renedlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by renedlb View Post
Hello there.

I have been reading on this and let me know if I get this straight.

I eat 3 meals per day: 2 CM which consists of protein and an approved veggie. (Breakfast ex 2 eggs and nitrate free bacon)
( Lunch ex cup of steamed brocolli and 4 oz 95% beef burger)

Dinner could be my RM meal: ex 4-6 oz chicken with avocado and pico, cup of steamed brocolli and small salad.

Trying to figure this out.

Very confused. Could someone post a few daily meals.

Rene'

The approved food lists are on the first page of the thread. I know you were giving and example but just so you notice it (because it bummed me out) broccoli is not a CM veg

Also at your RM you can have 1/3 veg, 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb. The meal you posted is pretty low carb, so go ahead and add some carb
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #89

Rene, my body really likes low carb but my mind likes rice, tortillas, chocolate! Knowing I can eat what I want once a day is going to keep me from slipping into a deprivation mindset and will keep me on track for the long term. If you miss bread, you can easily have a sandwich or a roll at an RM meal and not be cheating.

Good luck!
Rachel
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I was shocked to see that I didn't gain. I sort of totaled my calories just out of curiousity and I had like 3200 calories. Today I had:
B-2 oz. cheese, coffee with heavy cream just poured in and not measured with splenda
L-2 oz. chicken, salad with ranch poured over
RM- tonight will be unbalanced but I have been good for the last few days with balance. I am having fruit and an 8 oz. peanut butter cup