Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #781
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Trying to get back into the CAD habit........working at it.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Trying to get back into the CAD habit........working at it.
Just keep at it! What you got laying around the house that tastes good? Or do you need to go shopping? I know I am on a steak kick and am needing more steak, plus now Oriana has got me interested in fried chicken so might have to be sure to have enough chicken on hand! LOL

Just maybe plan for a 3 day commitment in a couple of days to get you prepared to go shopping, meal plan, etc, then try for at least 3 days? IDK, just trying to offer up supportive suggestions! I know for me eating a large RM mid-day seems to take care of my hunger for the other 23 hours so it is getting rarer and rarer for me to even need/want any CM's! Hunger just isn't an issue anymore.

MIW
Old 06-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Just keep at it! What you got laying around the house that tastes good? Or do you need to go shopping? I know I am on a steak kick and am needing more steak, plus now Oriana has got me interested in fried chicken so might have to be sure to have enough chicken on hand! LOL

Just maybe plan for a 3 day commitment in a couple of days to get you prepared to go shopping, meal plan, etc, then try for at least 3 days? IDK, just trying to offer up supportive suggestions! I know for me eating a large RM mid-day seems to take care of my hunger for the other 23 hours so it is getting rarer and rarer for me to even need/want any CM's! Hunger just isn't an issue anymore.

MIW
I have gotten tired of lettuce salads.......and eggs.........
Tonight I am doing gluten-free pizza.....did eggs for breakfast and lettuce for lunch.... And one jerky strip for snack.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have gotten tired of lettuce salads.......and eggs.........
Tonight I am doing gluten-free pizza.....did eggs for breakfast and lettuce for lunch.... And one jerky strip for snack.
Well not that I am sure this will work for you or not but maybe you could try just having RM's. That is what I do most days now. I just make sure to eat enough and go all out and am fine if I do it about midday. I am not hungry in the morning and am fine all night!

Sometimes I too have issues with even getting excited for CM's especially day after day for 8 months! I have not strayed from CAD but found actually decreasing the frequency of eating (going from 2 CM's and an RM down to 1 CM and most days now just RM only) has been the most helpful and trust me- I never get bored with RM's!!!!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Really, weird, but I am not in the least hungry today. I mean I went to Costco and their pizza in the food court smelled marvelous but I can wait til dinner tonight for my rm. Such a good feeling. I would get so hungry when eating fruit all day on those fruitarian diets. Then I would get carb fog and get all confused about diets too. So free!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

What did you have for rm today everyone?????????
Old 06-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #787
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday for my rm I had:
1 banana with chopped up strawberries
smallish salad with ranch
1/2 frozen Digiorno's pizza
1 homemade burrito
1 can Pepsi
2 ice cream bars

I was up one pound today but ask me if I care! LOL! I love one meal a day. I really don't like having cms anymore. Today I had an early rm:

bowl of pineapple
peanut butter and jelly loaded bagel
3 slices cheese
lg. Yoplait smoothie with extra strawberries added and made with whole milk
3 2-packs of Reesees pb cups

I full for the day and feel great!

How about you? What did you guys have for rms today?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

I am still just doing one RM daily since no hunger and eating in the afternoon is working perfect. Came home to a house smelling of pizza and it on plates everywhere due to husband working and kids running around playing with their friends and I couldn't care less!

RM:

4 C salad with mixed greens, mushrooms, olives, cucumber, 2 cherry tomatoes
3 TBSP regular ranch dressing
1 salmon pattie with slice of cheddar cheese
2 baked breaded chicken strips (small ones which was all the cafeteria had)
20 oz iced caramel mocha with whole milk
1 snickers
1 reeses (2 PB cups)
1 large molasses cookie

MIW
Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Today's rm and only meal:

7 oz. of Costco rotiserri chicken
lg. salad douse in ranch
3 ice cream bars
diet sodas, several
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

One RM today for me too. Major stuff-fest. But after a couple of hours I felt fine and it is now almost bedtime and I feel full and happy!

I ate from about 1pm-2pm:

4 C salad with mushrooms, black olives, 2 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mixed greens, sprinkles of shredded cheddar
Olive oil and 3 TBSP ranch dsg
2 Salmon patties with slice of pepper jack cheese, red onions, tomato
10 pc of mixed california style sushi
20 oz ice decaf vanilla caramel with whole milk (no whip! yuck)
2 large donuts

I am calling this The Large Lunch Diet. I can go all morning and not be hungry and then around 11-2 in that range get hungry, eat my one hour RM and be fine for another 23 hours. Loving it. No hunger at all, eating PLENTY of great veggies, protein, and my favorite carbs in ample amounts. I also drink plenty of fresh water the rest of the day as well.

I have noticed I tend to do one part veggies, one part protein/fats, and 1-2 parts carbs and am still losing weight. I will ride this as long as I can! That is it

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 06-08-2013 at 08:28 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's rm lunch: 9 oz. ribeye, lg. salad with ranch, 3 caramel ice cream bars (very rich)
Today down a pound to 108: 1 bagel with pb and jelly, 1 buttered bagel, 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1/2 pineapple, 3 ice cream bars
Old 06-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Even though I was up 1.6 pounds last week my overall average for this month from last month was a 1.6 loss so I am not going to be deterred! The only thing I have changed recently is the time of day I am eating my one and only meal which is RM and I think my metabolism is just figuring out what to do with the change.

MIW

Week 28- 217.6 217 216.6 216.6 217 217.6 217 (217.06) -0.08.............(217.34) -0.2 lbs

Week 29- 216.2 216.8 214.6 215.8 215.8 216.2 216.2 (215.9) -1.12

Week 30- 215.4 214.8 213 213.6 215 218.5 215.1 (215.1) -0.8

Week 31- 214 216.2 215.4 214.8 214.4 214.8 215.8 (215.06) -0.04

Week 32- 217 216.6 216.2 216.6 216.6 216.2 217.4 (216.7) +1.6...........(215.69) -1.63

Week 33- 216
Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

RM today:

4 Cups mixed green salad
4 TBSP blue cheese drsg
4 oz steak
1 piece fried chicken
3 pc of bacon
24 oz iced decaf butterpecan mocha with 2/3 C whole milk (the ice takes up 2 cups worth of space in my cup and about 2 oz of the butterpecan syrup and 1 oz chocolate syrup
1 banana
1 C green grapes
8 oreos
6 oz lowfat raspeberry yogurt

I don't even feel completely full but this was enough! I was hungry but just barely and I won't be hungry again until tomorrow! Spent all morning watering plants around the yard, feeding animals and barn cleaning. PLENTY of energy

MIW
Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

I fine the more fat and protein I eat the less hunger. The more carbs like fruit, etc. the hungrier I feel yet I won't give those up! LOL! Yesterday I felt a kind of calmness and ready to be done eating feeling after the fatty ribeye, salad with lots of ranch, diet cokes and 3 ice cream bars. Today I felt like carbs and had them plus I was down a pound from yesterday but I will probably go up a bit after today's huge rm!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #795
Big Yapper!!!!

I am struggling. Sick and tired of lettuce, and not coming up with a good lunch solution........
Old 06-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am struggling. Sick and tired of lettuce, and not coming up with a good lunch solution........
Karen don't struggle! That is making me sad!!! Why don't you try, if you don't mind humoring me just for a couple of days anyways to try out eating an afternoon feast like I do. I don't know if you skip breakfast anyways or not but if you treat an afternoon or early evening RM like a true daily feast and try to make it 1 part low carb veggies, 1 part protein/fat, and 1-2 parts carbs I think you will find like I have that you are just plain old flat out NOT HUNGRY the rest of the day NOR the morning the next day! I am really loving this. I do treat it like my daily "feast" just how the Heller's described and make it as varied as I can to be sure to get all I need for the day into the one meal. I eat until I am really full. I do not binge but I do not skimp either.

See if this helps?

MIW
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #797
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Karen don't struggle! That is making me sad!!! Why don't you try, if you don't mind humoring me just for a couple of days anyways to try out eating an afternoon feast like I do. I don't know if you skip breakfast anyways or not but if you treat an afternoon or early evening RM like a true daily feast and try to make it 1 part low carb veggies, 1 part protein/fat, and 1-2 parts carbs I think you will find like I have that you are just plain old flat out NOT HUNGRY the rest of the day NOR the morning the next day! I am really loving this. I do treat it like my daily "feast" just how the Heller's described and make it as varied as I can to be sure to get all I need for the day into the one meal. I eat until I am really full. I do not binge but I do not skimp either.

See if this helps?

MIW
I will see if I can find a way to make this effort. I generally do small BF or Atkins shake in the morning, and 1 cup coffee at work. Then lunch is fairly small (beef patty with cheese). Then evening is usually 6:00 or so. Did help when I started taking vanadyl sulfate again----takes away my chocolate craving, so that is a big step for me. Sometimes just have to go back to some things that worked before, that have slipped to the wayside
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Today's RM between 3pm-4pm:

4 cup salad of red sails luttuce, half a shredded carrot, 3 TBSP ranch a few crutons

1 large steak

1 hot dog (no bun)

1 can Pepsi

1 egg salad sandwhich

1 pc of flourless chocolate cake

1 C vanilla ice cream

5 pc of See's candy chocolates

Yes, I eat like this almost every day and still lose! The exceptions would be the soda and bread on the sandwhich which were "extras" today as I don't usually encorporate those types of foods in my diet.

MIW
Old 06-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Hello, everyone!

My name is Christine and I am a carbohydrate addict.

I lost weight on CAD about 18 years ago, until I started using the RM as a binge meal. I maintained poorly and before I knew it I was 186. I did the Atkins diet 10 years ago and lost 60 pounds in about 15 months. However, even continuing on plan I gained a lot of it back.

Then I discovered Stillman's, but decided that it would be unhealthy to stay on that long-term. I would do it for 4 days, then Atkins 2 days, then Sundays eat a reasonable meal with protein first. It worked for a while, but in the Fall, I always seem to gain, between September and middle of December (no, not at Christmas, mysteriously enough)

I decided a couple years ago that if I was going to gain, I might as well enjoy myself. So I have been on the "see-food" diet since 2 years ago when my mother-in-law asked me why I was so fat.

This December, I got a CPAP machine for my sleep apnea, which was something that happened around the time of my Atkins loss, so I had high hopes of losing. Well, I just couldn't stomach Stillman's, so I quit after a week. I have lost 5 pounds just from doing no dieting, since January, so who knows? Maybe the sleep thing will help with the right eating plan.

Three days ago I started with CAD just from memory, and now I see that I'm supposed to be eating veggies at every meal. I read the first page of this thread and it was very helpful!

So now wish me luck and happy losing. I'm at 190 according to the scales yesterday, down a pound already. I'm a short little thing, and I'm very uncomfortable at this weight and need to lose some!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post

I lost weight on CAD about 18 years ago, until I started using the RM as a binge meal. I maintained poorly and before I knew it I was 186. I did the Atkins diet 10 years ago and lost 60 pounds in about 15 months. However, even continuing on plan I gained a lot of it back.

Then I discovered Stillman's, but decided that it would be unhealthy to stay on that long-term. I would do it for 4 days, then Atkins 2 days, then Sundays eat a reasonable meal with protein first. It worked for a while, but in the Fall, I always seem to gain, between September and middle of December (no, not at Christmas, mysteriously enough)

I decided a couple years ago that if I was going to gain, I might as well enjoy myself. So I have been on the "see-food" diet since 2 years ago when my mother-in-law asked me why I was so fat.

This December, I got a CPAP machine for my sleep apnea, which was something that happened around the time of my Atkins loss, so I had high hopes of losing. Well, I just couldn't stomach Stillman's, so I quit after a week. I have lost 5 pounds just from doing no dieting, since January, so who knows? Maybe the sleep thing will help with the right eating plan.

Three days ago I started with CAD just from memory, and now I see that I'm supposed to be eating veggies at every meal. I read the first page of this thread and it was very helpful!

So now wish me luck and happy losing. I'm at 190 according to the scales yesterday, down a pound already. I'm a short little thing, and I'm very uncomfortable at this weight and need to lose some!
So glad you are back! I would say since time has gone by obviously you are older and wiser. Same goes for me. This time around I am in this for life. I would suggest if you haven't read them yet to read The Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program (or CALP) and The Stress Eating Cure (SEC) by the Heller's. They go into more details on the RM being balanced and also in the SEC book they talk more about carbohydrate addiction from the viewpoint of the other hormones that cause hunger and issues besides insulin and that eating your carbs and RM for breakfast may help. It is not for everyone and you have to find the WOE that works best for you. This time around for me I am in this for life!

MIW
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #801
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So glad you are back! I would say since time has gone by obviously you are older and wiser. Same goes for me. This time around I am in this for life. I would suggest if you haven't read them yet to read The Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program (or CALP) and The Stress Eating Cure (SEC) by the Heller's. They go into more details on the RM being balanced and also in the SEC book they talk more about carbohydrate addiction from the viewpoint of the other hormones that cause hunger and issues besides insulin and that eating your carbs and RM for breakfast may help. It is not for everyone and you have to find the WOE that works best for you. This time around for me I am in this for life!

MIW
Thanks! I'll see if the library has it or can get it for me. Right now I'm having the RM for lunch, and I don't feel that deprived the other meals. I have seen a pattern of weight gain when I eat late, so I'm trying to avoid that.

I accidentally had a half avocado with a CM for dinner last night, but now I know better.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #802
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Welcome back, and hope it works for you this time around.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks! I'll see if the library has it or can get it for me. Right now I'm having the RM for lunch, and I don't feel that deprived the other meals. I have seen a pattern of weight gain when I eat late, so I'm trying to avoid that.

I accidentally had a half avocado with a CM for dinner last night, but now I know better.
Don't sweat the avacado. I too ate them in the beginning with some of my CM's and did fine. I have found watching the scale to be the most effective monitor for plateaus or weight gain to let you know if you are doing something wrong/right with this WOE. It works so well for me that the other signs like cravings, hunger never happen! I did learn that coffee outside of RM made it impossible for me to lose so I had to give that up even though technically it is on plan. You have to see what works for you or not.

MIW
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #804
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
After eating this way for a couple weeks, the SF drinks in between meals is my biggest dilema. But this way of eating works if one can stick with it.
I tried to mix gluten free with CAD.....and that allows me to use excuses to eat more carbs in my CMs. I am going to get back to CAD (also found CALP book, so going to read it to see if things there could help). I am going to limit myself to 1 SF drink (or coffee) during the day. Other than that, water....... And see if just getting back to basics helps. I am maxing out my jeans again. And after I had lost 10 lbs, I have them all back, in just 2 months
Old 06-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

Okay, today I'm just flat out hungry! I had been having RW at 2 each day, and today hubby doesn't get home til 7:30. Also, I'm only down one stinking pound. Don't most diets give you an instant 5 pound whoosh at first? It's been 5 days.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #806
Big Yapper!!!!

This one doesn't give a whoosh. If anything, the allowance of carbs sometimes sees a couple pound gain before the scale starts going down...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #807
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/176/168; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD / >100 g protein
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Okay, today I'm just flat out hungry! I had been having RW at 2 each day, and today hubby doesn't get home til 7:30. Also, I'm only down one stinking pound. Don't most diets give you an instant 5 pound whoosh at first? It's been 5 days.
not this diet, unless your RMs are really small.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #808
Big Yapper!!!!

Stayed on plan yesterday and actually 2.5 down. That makes me feel better......but I know it is my fault I went up that high.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, the weight loss is slow but hang in there! I am only losing 1.5-2 lbs a month and I have a lot of weight to lose. But, I am eating tons and get to eat carbs daily so what's not to like about this?

MIW
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This one doesn't give a whoosh. If anything, the allowance of carbs sometimes sees a couple pound gain before the scale starts going down...

I should have checked here! I re-gained the pound (and another half), so I jumped ship. Gonna try JUDDD for a time.

I think my ADD is getting worse.....a week on a diet and I lose heart. I'll be back if JUDDD doesn't give me results. That was good to know that there's no whoosh.