Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
So I lost 2.3 this week, bringing me to 25 pounds and 25% of my goal! Im so happy! I have seen much more consistent weight loss since I started taking the GFT chromium. I highly recommend it. Also, having the salad at the beginning of my RM.

How is everyone else doing? Its been quiet around here.
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
So I lost 2.3 this week, bringing me to 25 pounds and 25% of my goal! Im so happy! I have seen much more consistent weight loss since I started taking the GFT chromium. I highly recommend it. Also, having the salad at the beginning of my RM.

How is everyone else doing? Its been quiet around here.
That is excellent. I too take it and not sure if it works or not for me but I figure it can't hurt! LOL

I switched to a new scale this week that is supposed to be more accurate. Of course it read like 2 pounds MORE than my old scale. What is it about new scales and the doctor's office scale that always adds weight? LOL

Anyway, now at the end of the week I am closer to my all time low and today's weight is reading 215.8lbs. It is a digital scale that can do decimal places and also does the % body fat. Not sure how accurate that is because there are days where I weight more but it says I am less body fat and opposite. Not sure if it has to do with hydration but I am sure that is part of it.

MIW
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #693
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cntrygrl@hrt
Hi ladies! I have been lurking and learning from you all. I am excited for your progress! This all makes sense to me for sure! I have not fully committed to any plan, but recently read the BBD and would like to try that. (also have read cad). I did dabble with it for a few days and was amazed at the lessened cravings, and the smaller amount of sweets to satisfy! You all are truly inspiring! Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Cntrygrl@hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. I'm still here. Up a couple more pounds and now back up to 219. Not sure what the deal is. Do have the new scale which brought me up a couple pounds and now this. Haven't changed anything that I can think of. Will just power through as always. I have been busy with outdoor yard stuff and am switching into garden mode so diet online stuff is taking more of a back seat. I am still here but more in lurking mode.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #695
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
Hey, I'm still CADing......

My RM is dinner, but I need to chill out a bit. LOL I ate way too much pizza last night, I'm confessing....waaaaayyyyy too much. I ended up feeling guilty and I haven't felt guilty in a long time.
I do not want to let yesterdays RM break me. It's not a big deal in the long run. It made me realize that I don't want to do that again. LOL
So, I'm moving on.
Tonight's RM homemade burger (bunless), baked potato, and a veggie
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
I'm coming back to CALP. I tried eating strictly Atkins and I do well for a few days or even a few weeks on Induction but then something happens and I want a little more. So after lurking and reading how a lot of people make lowcarb eating work for them by combining other ways of eating, I decided to come back to CALP with a leaning towards the Atkins/Primal woe. I read where this seems to work for others and I really believe it will work for me. I don't really like thinking of my woe as a diet any more because that seems to imply that someday I can stop eating this way. Sure has messed me up in the past. In fact, that is what I did the first time I did CAD and then later did CALP. Everytime I went on CALP, it was with the diet mentality that someday I can go back to my old way of eating. Crazy, I know. I have reading a lot about other plans that do not use the word diet such as Intuitive Eating. So I'm not going to use the word diet any more... the main reason I'm using CALP is because it doesn't use the word.

My doc told me "any diet will work... the key is finding one you can live with" in other words a Lifestyle. My goal this time is finding a woe so I can get my blood sugar and other numbers back down to normal and keeping it there with a diet/woe that can become my LIFESTYLE. I know from experince (actually made 6 mos once) that I can do Atkins to get all my numbers normal. IT WORKS. I did that when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. However, it isn't something I can make a "lifestyle" woe. I see Atkins is a plan similar to Paleo/Primal woe which I believe is extremely healthy and like eating that way the majority of the time, but I know my and I have to face the fact I'm not one who is going to do it 100% of the time. Yet, I could easily do it most of the day and even all day at times, but there are those times when I know I need to be able to eat carby things and not feel guilty. I have come to understand that I need to do CALP because the RM of CALP allows me to eat the Atkins/Primal woe at CM and have a RM of those foods that would derail me if I tried to do those plans 100%. That showed me that the only woe that can become a permanent woe that I can make my lifestyle is CALP w Atkins/Primal leanings.

Sorry this is so long. Guess, I need to see my plan and commitment in writing so I will feel more committed to it. Especially since I know that commitment is the key to making this work. Thanks for listening.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Hey everyone! Haven't posted in awhile......was very discouraged, gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds for 6 or 7 weeks........anyway, DH and I tried tha meat and egg fast for 5 days........and we have never been sooooo hungry AND didn't lose!!!! Talk about CRAVING veggies and salad! I thought I was gonna die!

Well, after all that got back on CAD and needless to say, we are much happier!

That's what I love about this plan.........you can mess up, come back, and you're right back on track. Gotta love it!
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
I'm coming back to CALP. I tried eating strictly Atkins and I do well for a few days or even a few weeks on Induction but then something happens and I want a little more. So after lurking and reading how a lot of people make lowcarb eating work for them by combining other ways of eating, I decided to come back to CALP with a leaning towards the Atkins/Primal woe. I read where this seems to work for others and I really believe it will work for me. I don't really like thinking of my woe as a diet any more because that seems to imply that someday I can stop eating this way. Sure has messed me up in the past. In fact, that is what I did the first time I did CAD and then later did CALP. Everytime I went on CALP, it was with the diet mentality that someday I can go back to my old way of eating. Crazy, I know. I have reading a lot about other plans that do not use the word diet such as Intuitive Eating. So I'm not going to use the word diet any more... the main reason I'm using CALP is because it doesn't use the word.

My doc told me "any diet will work... the key is finding one you can live with" in other words a Lifestyle. My goal this time is finding a woe so I can get my blood sugar and other numbers back down to normal and keeping it there with a diet/woe that can become my LIFESTYLE. I know from experince (actually made 6 mos once) that I can do Atkins to get all my numbers normal. IT WORKS. I did that when I was first diagnosed with diabetes. However, it isn't something I can make a "lifestyle" woe. I see Atkins is a plan similar to Paleo/Primal woe which I believe is extremely healthy and like eating that way the majority of the time, but I know my and I have to face the fact I'm not one who is going to do it 100% of the time. Yet, I could easily do it most of the day and even all day at times, but there are those times when I know I need to be able to eat carby things and not feel guilty. I have come to understand that I need to do CALP because the RM of CALP allows me to eat the Atkins/Primal woe at CM and have a RM of those foods that would derail me if I tried to do those plans 100%. That showed me that the only woe that can become a permanent woe that I can make my lifestyle is CALP w Atkins/Primal leanings.

Sorry this is so long. Guess, I need to see my plan and commitment in writing so I will feel more committed to it. Especially since I know that commitment is the key to making this work. Thanks for listening.
Well good for you! Life is a journey and who of us hasn't experimented, given up, been derailed, etc when it comes to eating. Good on you for figuring out what you can and can't live without and what you need to do to follow the eating plan you need to be healthy and can do for life! This WOE is so flexible and forgiving. It is fullfilling and has so many other benefits besides weight loss. Way more health factors for those of us who are IR or DM so keep it up!

MIW
Old 04-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
Hey everyone! Haven't posted in awhile......was very discouraged, gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds for 6 or 7 weeks........anyway, DH and I tried tha meat and egg fast for 5 days........and we have never been sooooo hungry AND didn't lose!!!! Talk about CRAVING veggies and salad! I thought I was gonna die!

Well, after all that got back on CAD and needless to say, we are much happier!

That's what I love about this plan.........you can mess up, come back, and you're right back on track. Gotta love it!

What a bummer on the lack of weight loss and hunger! I am in some weird weight gain period where I am up 2-4 lbs for no reason! Have not changed anything that I can put my finger on, and it is not premenstral or TOM issue so I am just hoping as time goes on it will settle itself out. Today I am 217 on my new scale (my old scale would have me from 215-216) so I am hoping I am back on track!

MIW
Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #700
Senior LCF Member

this plan is truly amazing. The fact that I am losing weight and eating carbs is so awesome. For me, my body craves those carbs at some point in another woe...so this is perfect.

My daily mantra lately seems to be, "I eat carbs at dinner." It gets me through tough moments, funny, I know.

I also just LOVE not eating after dinner, it's amazing...finally after years, I'm satisfied in the evening.....
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #701
Senior LCF Member

4myfuture: that is one of the best things about this woe.....no urge to snack after dinner!!!!!

I seriously can't believe how much better I feel just 2 days back on plan!! Holy cats! Salad and veggies ROCK!!!!! You couldn't have PAID me to eat this many veggies 7 months ago....and now I can't live without them...... and WATER.....I'm drinking 80-100 ounces a day.....7 months ago I wouldn't have drank that much in a month..... I drank only Diet Rite Pure Zero (only soda I've found sweetened with Splenda, not aspartame) and coffee.

Great improvement, huh?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LaraSuzz
Stats: baby steps
WOE: Dr. Atw Simeons Protocol
Start Date: restart 3/5/2012 multiple rounds
Hi, I'm an old CAD lover, going to start it again and see how I do.....but I've been away for a long time, could you guys help me out on what the rules are for the complimentary meals I seem to have lost my book... thank you in advance =) (until I go to the bookstore and get it again always good to re-read)

like is it 2-3 oz protein and a veggie twice a day?
like a hard boiled egg with lettice and mayo?
some examples would be excellent....
tell me what works for you please?

Love, Lara

The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be.
Because of all I may become, I will close my eyes and leap.
- Mary Anne Radmacher
LaraSuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Lara...on page one of this thread, lotus gives a wonderful recap of the rules......you need to check it out
Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
4myfuture: that is one of the best things about this woe.....no urge to snack after dinner!!!!!

I seriously can't believe how much better I feel just 2 days back on plan!! Holy cats! Salad and veggies ROCK!!!!! You couldn't have PAID me to eat this many veggies 7 months ago....and now I can't live without them...... and WATER.....I'm drinking 80-100 ounces a day.....7 months ago I wouldn't have drank that much in a month..... I drank only Diet Rite Pure Zero (only soda I've found sweetened with Splenda, not aspartame) and coffee.

Great improvement, huh?
I know it is just fabulous! I tell people all the time this is no gimmick. You don't have to buy products, eat protein bars and shakes, etc. Just real wholesome nutritious foods. I am eating so much better now than before! I cut out my daily to twice daily junk fattening iced caramel sauce mochas. That alone was a biggie for me

MIW
Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #705
Senior LCF Member

MIW-one thing I did get from the m/e fast site was "bulletproof" coffee....If you like latte's, you'll enjoy these. NO JUDGING until you've tried one......and if you haven't been using any coconut oil prior to these, build up to the tablespoon slowly, or you'll get an upset tummy.....

In a blender or bullet blender:
1Tbsp butter, yea butter
1Tbsp hwc
1Tbsp coconut oil
If you like sweet coffee, sf flavored syrup (my fav is chocolate) to taste
coffee
blend until creamy and ENJOY!

The good fats and MCT's will keep you full until at least lunch, maybe dinner, and it keeps you "regular"

So if you loved your coffee before, you're in for a treat!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #706
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, I went to the first page (thank you 3pupsmom) and then I did one balanced meal last night (cause I didnt plan on starting it yesterday)

started with a salad...
Lettuce
tomatoes
cucumber
croutons
blue cheese dressing

pasta
broccoli
tuna with mayo
a handful of cheetos
some ice cream

and I'm down 1.6lbs yay. satisfaction!

Questions... if they say your meal should be balanced but youre starting with a salad then youre doing 1/3 protein 1/3 vegetable 1/3 carb
you wind up with more veggies than protein right?
plus... my salad was bigger than two cups. I'm not complaining as long as I lose every day.

and could I do two egss with 2oz cheese on both my CM's?
Do CM's have to have veggies?

Thanks, Lara

Last edited by LaraSuzz; 04-30-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Yea, you do end up with more veggies than protein, but it works.......and my salads are always more than 2 cups........LOVE ME SOME SALAD!!!

Seriously, though, as long as you follow the plan, it will work..... DH and I love this!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

I really like it a lot =) what's the average weight loss per day/week?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Can only give DH's and my results.....in the beginning, 2-3 pounds per week, then slower to .5 - 1 pound per week....DH has lost 50 pounds since Sept. and I have lost around 20(I say around 20 because I have stalled for a few weeks and am tweeking things to kick it back in gear)

Good Luck! This really is a great WOE/WOL!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member

3pups---you and your husband lost 70 lbs together! that's awesome! This woe is liberating, like a total relaxing approach to "dieting".

I'm trying to get my husband on board, he caves too much. He says if its free food, it doesn't count! LOL

I really stick to my 3 meals a day, haven't really needed a snack---I love that.

A couple of RM's I overdid it...fearing I would be hungry in the evening, well instead of hungry, I was TMI---in the bathroom.
I know not to do that anymore. My RM's are kind of balanced, as much as I can, but rewarding and a good mix of foods to make a nice "meal".

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #711
Senior LCF Member

DH and I try to keep it as balanced as possible, but sometimes we can get off track.....
Basically HUGE salads, then protein,vegs and carbs as balanced as possible.....(I said that already, didn't I?)

Anyway, we LOVE this WOE!! My favorite meals are when DH cooks, of course...

He makes some mean wings....I do the grilling part, he cuts 'em up and sauces 'em
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

My husband makes some mean wings too, but prepares and grills them! I cannot grill for my life.

I can make a mean salad or baked chicken, or lovely healthy italian pasta dish, but get me grilling and I'll panic!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

I am a grilling QUEEN!!!! DH can't understand how I can have so much patience when grilling, and NONE for anything else......

but I really love how he can spend all day on a spaghetti sauce.......blows my mind.....I could never stand over a stove that long......
Old 05-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #714
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marigrace
Stats: 235/176/140
WOE: CAD
Start Date: May 2013
I'm so glad to find this CAD group. I need a break from counting calories and carbs, and this is so easy to follow. I lost 35 lbs on this diet many years ago .....1 lb per week eating high calories and alot more carbs at the RM than are currently suggested. I have most recently lost weight by calorie counting,weight watchers, and most recently ketogenic. Now that I'm older, I think the ballanced RM is probably the way to go. I haven't got the book yet....and there have been some changes. Can someone tell me if the CMs are supposed to contain a total of 4 carbs, or 4 carbs plus the listed vegies ?
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigrace View Post
I'm so glad to find this CAD group. I need a break from counting calories and carbs, and this is so easy to follow. I lost 35 lbs on this diet many years ago .....1 lb per week eating high calories and alot more carbs at the RM than are currently suggested. I have most recently lost weight by calorie counting,weight watchers, and most recently ketogenic. Now that I'm older, I think the ballanced RM is probably the way to go. I haven't got the book yet....and there have been some changes. Can someone tell me if the CMs are supposed to contain a total of 4 carbs, or 4 carbs plus the listed vegies ?
I think the 4 carb amount thing is just to keep people on track. It is basically to keep people from overdoing the CM's like the salad dressings. You can have ranch, blue cheese, that type as long as it is 2 gm per serving or less and shouldn't go over 4gm carbs but you don't want italian or honey mustard because those have like 18 - 24 gms of carbs.

Also from some of the CM veggies. Just read the CALP book, stick to the list (see the first page or so of this thread I think I posted a few lists of CM acceptable foods) and you should do fine.

There are a few things that could be triggers for some and not others:
coffee
vingegar
SF/AS stuff like diet soda, SF jello, etc
cottage cheese
tomatoes
broccoli
cream
milk

Just see how you do with these items. I am now 6 months in and have found coffee (even black) caused plateaus and at first I could have it with heavy cream but after a few weeks my metabolism adjusted so keep that in mind that after a bit you may have to change things up a bit.

Good Luck!

MIW
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #716
Junior LCF Member

Hi Makeit, Thanks for getting back to me. So I think what you are saying is that I can have one c.cooked veg or 2c raw (from list) plus any condiment that does not exceed 4 carbs ?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigrace View Post
Hi Makeit, Thanks for getting back to me. So I think what you are saying is that I can have one c.cooked veg or 2c raw (from list) plus any condiment that does not exceed 4 carbs ?
Yes you can have any of the veggies/foods/condiments from the list. You do not have to keep track of carbs- other than to see how many carbs they have per serving. If the salad drsg is 2gm per serving (or less) you can have as much as reasonable for your salad. I sometimes will put 4-6 TBSP depending on the size of the salad.

MIW
Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #718
Junior LCF Member

Thanks !
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Hubby has tried to be on plan with me, but gets off track a lot. WELL---despite his slip ups...he's lost 3 more pounds since doing his version with me....I think it will get him more determined to be on track more often! LOL

I'm doing well, LOVING NO CRAVINGS AS USUAL... I know I say it a lot, but it's such a dream! I ate chicken wings last night, loaded potato, and 2 cannoli's at RM... no cravings at night! HOLY CANNOLI
Old 05-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #720
Junior LCF Member

This is working so well. I'm learning how to make this a natural way of eating. The last few days I've been loging food on line as usual, just to make sure I'm in a reasonable calorie and carb range for the day. Now I'm starting feel confident enough to let go of that and just write it down along with my daily weight. I'm finding that if I do the cm's as advised the cravings are even less than when I'm in ketosis. Yesterday I wasn't even hungry till 2 pm. The other thing....and this is scary for me...I'm learning what "reasonable" is. I mean, I think I can just eyeball portions instead of weighing and measuring. From the age of 9, I've either been dieting or off the wagon. I still need some structure, so I'm keeping a handle on the fruit,starches and treats. Last night I had a roasted potato, a mango, a tiny piece of dark chocolate and a cognac.....without feeling out of control....this is living !!