Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
GREAT JOB Cara

I was sick for a while, but back....lost some weight because I was sick, but I've mainained 179 for a while now. I'll take it.

Loving CAD as well, but like my rm at dinner. Maybe this summer when I'm not teaching I'll switch it up and see how I do with the RM breakfast before I hit the beach.

Yesterday was a weird RM dinner.

some lo mein noodles
ravioli
salad
some mini hershey chocolate bars
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
I am SOP and today is Day 1 where I am doing a big breakfast as my RM. Will be interesting to see what my appetite will be later today. Last 2 days have been RM only due to appetite and stomach issues.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, it is 6:30pm and I am totally hungry! I could totally eat another HUGE RM right now (had mine for breakfast today) but won't. I will power through and just drink water. Did it take anyone doing the big breakfast for RM's some time to adjust? I ate very well this AM with lots of protein/fat and not any more carb heavy than my usual RM's at dinner. Just curious.

MIW
Old 04-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #664
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indigodreamz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
Ok, it is 6:30pm and I am totally hungry! I could totally eat another HUGE RM right now (had mine for breakfast today) but won't. I will power through and just drink water. Did it take anyone doing the big breakfast for RM's some time to adjust? I ate very well this AM with lots of protein/fat and not any more carb heavy than my usual RM's at dinner. Just curious.

MIW
Yes, the first day which was Monday for me, I got hungry around 7 or 8 pm so I ate some protein (chicken) b/c if I didn't I knew I was not going to be able to sleep. However the next day I was not hungry at all and neither am I today. However, I've not been eating before 9am on yesterday and today. I did eat before that time on Monday when I got hungry later that evening. So I adjusted my schedule and I make sure I'm done with my RM no later than 12 noon. On Monday when I ate before 9, I had to force myself to do so not being accustomed to eating so early and it made me nauseous. I've been fine with the eating before 12 noon though and I'm only eating one meal b/c of non hunger. I make sure I get at least 1200 cals at the bk RM though.
Indigodreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
i haven't read the book yet (it's enroute), but i couldn't wait to try it. i did take one thing from the Big Breakfast Diet idea: 7 oz. protein at breakfast. i suspect that if you upped your protein, there's really no way you'd be hungry a couple of hours later.

my first day, i made sure to have 7 oz. protein, and i never felt i needed to eat anything more that day.

my second day, i had a protein drink, along with 3.5 oz. protein, but i found that the protein drink didn't substitute the fullness i'd gotten with having a full 7 oz. the previous day.

so my third day, i made sure to have the 7 oz. protein, and that made a difference. i was happier and less obsessed with food.

i do a combination diet (JUDDD-CALP-LCHF). this is how it previously looked:

rotating days:
down day - ate 500 calories at supper time
up day - ate 2200 calories, scattered all over the day, with a large meal in the evening, giving me around 4 "happy" (full tummy) hours in the day (the time i started eating til bedtime).

i had 4 hours every 48 hours where i was "happy". that's what i was trying to get away from.

now, i have many many "happy" hours in the day, by having a full tummy early in the day, with a contented feeling many hours following.

i've not felt cravings for supper either. not to say that i won't ever have a CM in the evening, but thus far, the pangs i feel during the rest of the family's supper time are so easy to ignore.

i'm feeling liberated. i'm not craving constantly or even thinking about food. this is very unlike me.

to each his own, but for me, i can finally see something that i could live with the rest of my life. of course, i'll switch my RM to accommodate potlucks and such.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Well IDK about all that stuff. I like CAD because it is what I have had the best results with, is simple, and is something I can totally do for life. It is very flexible and I can add meals if needed or take them away if I am not hungry.

I follow CAD/CALP and I am mainly doing days with only an RM and CM or just an RM only if I am not hungry. What I am tyring to do now is see if switching the RM to breakfast will benefit my metabolism or not.

Yesterday was my first day and I was done eating by 9:30am. I got real hungry from 6:30pm-9pm so that was 8-10 hours later. I just took a hot bath, went to bed and did some reading. I slept just fine and am feeling fine again this am. I am going to give this a try for the next week or so. It is my TOM and my wt this am is 217 lbs which is up a couple pounds but is my all time lowest since being on CAD during my TOM so I am happy with this!

MIW
Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Today is Day 2 of RM for breakfast:

Did an audit of my morning RM and calories was 2040!

Yogurt: 240
Egg : 80
Coconut Oil: 200
1 1/2 C strawberries: 90
1 1/2 C spinach: 20
1 C parsley/cilantro: 10
slice cheese: 90
Burger pattie: 400
3 bacon: 135
1/2 carrot cake Costco
muffin: 460
Kit kat: 220
1 Reese's cup: 105

I made the yogurt, spinach, cilantro, parsley, strawberries and also half a lemon all into a smoothie. The spinach and other greens were very densely packed so lose was closer to 3 Cups so technically the calorie count could be close to another 100 higher. The egg,cheese, burger, bacon, EVCO was the protein/fat. The other stuff was to keep me happy.

I was done eating by 9:30am. I was full, still had 20 minutes left on my hour but was done. Only thing I noticed today is that about an hour later I was tired and could have totally took a nap. I don't usually get tired after a big RM so not sure if it is because I switched it to the morning or just TOM issues. Otherwise it is now 1pm and I feel great!

MIW
Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
MIW, you are my guinea pig. FYI. =)
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
MIW, you are my guinea pig. FYI. =)
LOL

MIW
Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Well I am retaining water like nobody's business right now (my rings are tight) so I can't get an accurate weight and my numbers are up. Boo! It is so disheartening. Makes me want to give up, but I'm pushing through...
Old 04-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
How are you doing with the Big RM early at breakfast MIW? I still eat all my food in the hour. On Sundays I usually eat a rm brunch because we go to church in the a.m. so that's fine. Any losses MIW?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #672
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaraNoelle
WOE: CAD, FAST FIVE
Start Date: 3/20/2013
This is day 3 of doing just my RM ..I have been losing !! even during my TOM !!! i will admit is is hard but totally doable !!!
CaraNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #673
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaraNoelle
WOE: CAD, FAST FIVE
Start Date: 3/20/2013
Andrea ~ is it TOM ??
CaraNoelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #674
Senior LCF Member

i did it 5 days, without a loss. no loss isn't that uncommon for me. lol

i'm going to begin incorporate this whole idea with my JUDDD starting Monday. i think that might work better for me. my body seems to really respond to the ups and downs of JUDDD.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

It is my TOM also. I know I am in cycle with a bunch of gals on another CAD forum too! LOL

Anyways, the Big Breakfast RM "experiment" was a failure for me. After 3 days I couldn't do it any longer. I am hanging my head in shame that I actually cheated (the ONLY TIME EVER IN 5 MONTHS too BTW) by having a SECOND yes SECOND huge carby choclately-goodness overload BINGE in the same day on the third day. I said enough is enough and this weekend am instantly back on plan. I was also getting sleepy about an hour after my big breakfast RM's which did have tons of protein. I don't get that after I eat ever for either CM's nor RM's in the evening. Someone on the BB forum said it can cause spikes for early carb intake and I am a believer that I am one of those folks. Just wanted to come clean and let ppl know to be hyper-aware if you change things a up a bit. It may work wonders for you as I know Oriana started losing weight and controlled her hunger all day but for me it did the opposite! Yikes.

Good news: I am up only 0.43lbs this week and that is during TOM. Plus, I might have acutally been down but I didn't weigh for 2 days this week while gone on a trip so I am actually happy with these numbers.

MIW
Old 04-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #676
Junior LCF Member

Weigh in day today and things I've learned thus far on the BBD/CAD. First, for me I HAVE to have that 7oz or more protein with the morning RMl. If not, I will get hungry around 6ish pm or start having cravings. This is interesting to me because when I'm doing strictly CAD and only eating a RM for dinner but IF the rest of the time, I can take in less protein and still not have hunger or cravings. Interesting. Otherwise getting the recommended protein for the BBD sustains me all day w/o any problems. Also, I found that switching the RM to bk made me crave sweets LESS. What I mean by that is when I did eat cake or cookies etc. during bk, I was able to be satisfied with LESS of those sweet carbs than I was when I was having them with my dinner RM. Just some things I noticed. This week will be alternating lc RM days with higher carb, but keeping RM at bk.

My total loss for the week is 3.2lbs. My total loss for CAD from start is 8 pounds. My official start date for CAD was I believe March 25th, but not sure. I wasn't really keeping track b/c I had planned to do Atkins, but after trying CAD again I realized I like it much better.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Indigo- do you have a lot of weight to lose, because 8 pounds is impressive. I have lost 8.8 pounds since 02/24/13, so I have been at it a month longer than you and I have like 70-something pounds left to lose. Basically, I'm jealous! BUT CONGRATS!!!!! =)

I saw a new low on the scale today - finally. Last week was weird with a lot of ups and downs and I averaged out to only losing 2 ounces for the week. But then this morning happened and it was amazing. THANK goodness!

I have been trying to do one meal per day - I don't like it. I am actually getting super hungry instead of forgetting about food - so I am going to eat CM breakfast and RM dinner because that is how I roll. I always have salad with dinner because that is what I crave. Spring mix greens with cranberries, garlic croutons, cheese, tomato, tiny cucumber pieces, and homemade Italian dressing with maybe some homemade ranch thrown in for fun. Oh, and a skillion green onions. I have had that salad every day for a month and I am still not sick of it!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #678
Junior LCF Member

Yes LCA, for my ultimate goal I have appr. 119lbs to lose more or less but I don't know yet. As I lose the weight I'll then be able to tell where I will be comfortable. I don't want to be "thin" or "skinny." I think 180 will be great for me but I know I won't go below 160 for sure. Below 160 I'll look sick--it will be too small for me. Besides, I love my curves and want to keep some of them. lol I had gotten to 250lbs and gained about 40 back but refused to let it get past that. My highest weight of all time was 344. The funny thing is that when I got down to 250lbs, ppl were telling me I was getting too small! At 250 I wear a size 18 jeans--what about that is small? Sometimes it just grinds my gears that ppl just can't accept change, even when it's not about themselves. Anyway, I think I let it get to me somewhat but I just don't care now. I've been overweight all my life, adult and child and it's time for something new.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
Is it me or is the CAD thread gaining some members?? That's so cool!

I've been on plan, had a slip up because of a last minute plane trip. It's so amazing how being off plan brings on the cravings!

That is the beauty of this plan, it totally controls cravings.

MIW---I too, have to eat my RM at dinner. I don't feel tired after dinner...but in the morning I would want a nap.

Andrea---I love my salads at lunch, not bored at all with it. I do yogurt at breakfast, and I know that that might not be on plan, but it's working for me.

I can't do veggies at breakfast unless its in an omelet....and I don't have time for that everyday.

I do not always eat breakfast like in the book, it's true that I don't really get "hungry" till 11ish.

Just a little bit from me, ttyl Lindsay

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Holding tight at 215.5 two days in a row. Happy happy joy joy. Still don't feel 100% back to my same self. I am not really hungry out of norm, just feel a bit jittery which is strange. Almost like my blood sugars are too low or something. I definately won't mess with a good thing ever again!

Had a CM lunch yesterday of mainly meat and cheese, then dinner RM a big stir-fry of cabbage, beef strips, and curry with quinoa. Also had 2 pc of homemade bread with butter and a few pieces of chocolate. Yes, carb heavy but most of my RM's tend to be. Today I will try to really get more veggies in. I'm thinking more smoothies with fruit/veggie combo to get in a good amount.

MIW
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

I saw 233 this morning. It was 233.8, but who cares, I will take that! =D
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I saw 233 this morning. It was 233.8, but who cares, I will take that! =D
Sweet! Now update your stats

MIW
Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

MIW did you totally binge out on chocolate? and did you need rm dinners each day you had the breakfasts. I think I like rm lunches better.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

How much meat and cheese at your cms MIW?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

I am still a CAD believer but for me it has to be one meal a day. Has anyone looked on the high fat ketosis board. They eat a lot of high fat and high calories like some are 3000 calories. I wonder if eating high fat at rms would work?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #686
Senior LCF Member

i finally got the "stress eating cure" book in the mail. basically it explains why eating all/almost all of your carbs in the a.m. can make you more content, making dieting less stressful. i do believe that they could have printed a pamphlet with this added information, rather than another book. lol

it's CAD with a stronger encouragement to only have RMs to accommodate a special event, but in those cases, you need to have a large salad preceding your RM.

i started this method 10 days ago. i miss eating in the evening, and i was going to quit and go back to my CALP/JUDDD twist but found that after a week, i started feeling more settled. my cravings are lessening.

i have taken much more seriously the heller's admonition to not have artificial sweeteners in between meals. in fact, in the SEC book they more thoroughly describe how dangerous they are to those who struggle with their weight and how they sabotage your efforts more than sugar drinks.

i do not agree with the heller's that i am a carb craver because of stress. i do know there's a hormonal imbalance somewhere which drives me to eat carbs, other than their yummy taste. i think they went a little far attributing carb addiction to today's stresses. the psychological stuff they discuss is stereotypical not absolute.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 04-17-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I am still a CAD believer but for me it has to be one meal a day. Has anyone looked on the high fat ketosis board. They eat a lot of high fat and high calories like some are 3000 calories. I wonder if eating high fat at rms would work?
i suspect you have a decent metabolism so it just might work for you.

i have tried this. no matter how i try, calories do matter to my body. i can eat more calories if they come from fats and proteins, versus primarily carbs; however, 3000 calories eating minimal carbs still would make me gain weight. i've done a LOT of experimenting over the last 10 months, and i wish this wasn't true.

i do wonder if the people that can eat great amounts of low carb foods and still lose weight haven't dieted much in their lifetime(s), are younger, never been obese, etc.

Last edited by jenericstewart; 04-17-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #688
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I definitely do high fat with my reward meals. That is how I make up the calories. I have a coconut oil/ghee mix that I use to cook with. I use olive oil on my salads. Since I only eat one meal a day M-F I need to make those high calorie meals and since fat is calorie dense and satisfying, I use it to my advantage or else my body may think it's starving with all the veggies and salads I eat.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW did you totally binge out on chocolate? and did you need rm dinners each day you had the breakfasts. I think I like rm lunches better.
Yes, on my 3rd day of trying RM for breakfast I did eat like half a big box of pecan turtles in additon to 3 pc of pizza, and other stuff I can't even remember. Also, it lasted over a couple hours, not another 1 hour meal. Like I said, cravings came back like nothing I have experienced in almost half a year and was frightening just how much I didn't even care. It totally took over. I am not a binge eater by nature either. I do enjoy large meals but not like that day. It was a good learning experience for sure!

MIW
Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

So glad you are back on track! Something about fasting makes me more energetic. It's weird. I love the one meal a day and get fuller easier. There is a whole website on Fitness Black Book about eating one meal a day and tesimonials. Google can I lose weight on one meal a day and look it up. Interesting!