Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
MIW I absolutely did not take that the wrong way! I love the support! And if this all goes south, I will ABSOLUTELY try it your way. I am not giving up. I am done being fat and I will be striving nonstop to find myself at a healthy weight. So, I will keep your idea in mind, but I may have to bug you for more information because I don't quite understand exactly what you are doing. And, knowing me, if my weight loss stalls out, or I plateau even for two weeks, I will be looking for the next thing to try. =)
What I am doing follows below. And I am in this for life. There is no diet or woe out there that I have ever done or even dreamed about that was this easy and satisfying.

I am doing CAD/CALP but in an intermittent fasting eating window of 4-8 hours on days I am at work and mainly 4-6 hours most days if I am at home. Lately I have been eating my CM around 2pm and dinner/RM around 5 or 6pm. I only eat 1 CM and 1 RM. Some days I only eat a RM. Just depends on if I am hungry or not. Water is my friend!

I always make sure to have a very large salad or amount of veggies at my CM, as well as a good amount of protein. Like 2 boiled eggs or a hamburger pattie with a slice of cheese, 3 pcs of bacon, at least 2 TBSP of salad drg. I do try to balance my RM but some days I am just not hungry for a "regular" type meal after the CM of veggies and meat and the RM will be more carby. That is it! I have actually gotten less hungry and am losing more weight by eating this way.

Oh ya, no counting of anything or keeping track. I do on random days out of curiosity which I only decide to do at the end of the day and not at the start so I don't hold back. I do not binge, I just eat what I want and in what amounts. Some days it is crazy how much I can eat and most days it is crazy how little I am actually hungry!

I also drink as much water/herbal tea as I can. No more coffee with cream. The cream was stimulating too much insulin and I just wasn't losing anymore. I no longer eat over a 10-14 hour period. Again- too much insulin and I was actually more hungry and not losing as fast. Now I am less hungry by eating less.

I also eat about 1-3 TBSP of extra-virgin cold pressed coconut oil a day with my CM, and I take homemade ginger, turmeric, and ceylon cinnamon supplements (all good nutrition and aid with insulin and/or fat buring and metabolism) and I take the Heller's recommended GTF chromium first thing in the am.

I almost think of my short eating window as a well balanced RM just spaced out over 2 meals They are usually 2-3 hours apart from my CM until my RM most days.

Today's meals:

CM- large 4 cup salad with 2 TBSP blue cheese drsg, one 4 ounce cube steak
my supplements as listed above

RM- 2 cups mac and cheese with 1 cup diced fried steak meat. 1 sheet of dried seaweed mixed in. 1 cup of cookies and cream ice cream and 8 various girlscout cookies. 1/2 a mystic mango kombucha

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 03-24-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
Well what you are eating sounds delicious to me! Especially right now when I am on a 300-500 calorie day! LOL! =) Thank you for typing that all out for me. I will definitely be referencing it. I love that I have so many options for my health and to finally lose weight this time and keep it off.

The thing that made me try JUDDD were the alleged health benefits that go along with it, (and of course weight loss!) I had to try it to see if they would work for me. Apparently it takes a few weeks to start feeling it, so I'm hanging in there for now.
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
MIW I am very thankful for your insight into the IF WOE along with CAD! I have noticed that if I eat 3 times a day, I am more hungry than if I only eat once or twice. Now I know why! Still too much insulin release! It makes perfect sense. This is going to help me alot. Before I started CAD, I only ate once or twice a day, but I fell into the assumption that I needed to eat more often for this to work. Now I know I can go back to my normal WOE, just incorporate the CAD CM and RM guidelines! This is very exciting for me!!!!! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!!!
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I feel less hungry on one meal a day than two. Also, if I want a down day I can just make my rm a low cal one if I choose. If I did JUDDD I would be afraid of pigging out on my up days.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Even thought what I am doing is not 100% by the book for CAD or CALP, I am actually combining how Rachael Heller lost her 150 lbs (by only eating a RM daily) and their newer "The Stress Eating Cure" in reverse. In the stress eating cure you basically eat your RM as your first meal of the day and you don't have to have it balanced or include fruits/veggies. They recommend you try but state you should get your veggies at your CM's. So on days where I am really hungry, I make darn sure to get my protein and veggies at a CM and my RM can be more unbalanced but my body like to do carbs at night not the morning. I don't feel I am making it up as I go along either. I have really researched the Heller's works, as well as IR in general and think I have found the breakthrough for my body that I was looking for For some of my dinner RM's I have big fruit/veggie smoothies to be sure I am getting in as many nutrients as possible. That is something else I would recommend to try 2-3 times a week for anyone on a more health food kick.

MIW
Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
MIW that is what my friend and I do is just have the big rm early in the day and it isn't always balanced but you know, my body misses veggies if I don't have them on one day so I ususally always have them the next and a lot! I love yoplait smoothies too and I add extra berries but fruit on its own makes ravenous. It is a trigger food for me but if it is in a smoothie with milk it isn't. LOVE CAD.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

I am SO flip-floppy. I can't decide what to do! WAAAAA!

Sorry - I got hungry for the first time today in weeks. It sucked! LOL.

Now I want my CAD back...
Old 03-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am SO flip-floppy. I can't decide what to do! WAAAAA!

Sorry - I got hungry for the first time today in weeks. It sucked! LOL.

Now I want my CAD back...
Hang in there. Part of the beauty of any weight loss journey is that YOU get to decide what road you take. If you want CAD, go CAD. You can also combine it with JUDDD or even IF. Most important thing is you have to do what is right for you and what your body feels good doing otherwise you will be miserable and if you follow a diet with built-in struggles and sabotages (ie hunger, complicated, strict, etc) you know where that can lead...

MIW
Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

MIW- just wanted to say.....THANKYOU! I am on track for averaging 1pound lost this week! and less hungry than I have been in a while...... not eating 3 meals is working soooooooo much better...... thank you!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Hooray 3pups!

I am back to CAD as of this morning. Starting the day with some black coffee - no sweetener added - and I have intentions to exercise at some point this morning. Maybe just a 1-mile "walk" (Walk Away the Pounds) - that video makes me feel like I exercise on a regular basis because I can actually do it.

Anyway, not sure if I am getting back on the scale this morning or not, though I know I should. Its TOM - but TOM is late and I am bloated and just yuck. So, yesterday I felt ravenously hungry - my first real hunger in a good month - and I fed that beast with SIX Snickers ice cream bars! Why?!?!

I think I will probably eat breakfast today and maybe for the next few days until I get back to a state of zero hunger - woke up again starving to death.

Okay, hope everybody has a good day!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Andrea and thanks! And don't fret the 6 snickers ice cream bars......we've ALL been there. Just "cowgirl up" and move on from there......

I am in love with this WOE.... I can have ANYTHING I want, as long as I keep it to once a day within a 1 hour time limit....... and still lose weight! What's not to love!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

PS - I can't wait for these hungries to go away!

3Pups - are you doing just one meal, or a CM and an RM every day (two meals)?

Last edited by LowCarbAndrea; 03-27-2013 at 08:08 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

One CM and one RM, around noon and 5-6pm......I'm eating as we "speak"........egg/veggie/tuna salad, cheese and a half batch of caramel chia tapioca.............and of course lots of water......
Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #584
Senior LCF Member

We have like, no vegetables, so I had to microwave two hot dogs and dip them in mustard/mayo. Must go food shopping!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #585
Senior LCF Member

.....at least you had some protein, right?

I have done that, and you just eat what you have available, and load up on veggies next time........

p.s. that sounded really good, actually
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #586
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indigodreamz
Been lurking...

Hey everyone. I just started this WOE Monday, but have been on lc as well as lf diets in the past. I also tried this one years ago, reading the very first CAD book the Hellers came out with. I loved the idea of the eating plan then but gave up on it because the weight loss was too slow for me. After having tried so many diets and losing and gaining over and over, I think I will stick to this one. Although I have absolutely zero hunger on a ketogenic diet and I love that, eventually the cravings return with a vengence and the next thing you know I'm back to where I started or more. This plan is doable, maintainable and I LOVE the fact that I can eat only once a day and not have to feel guilty that I am not "grazing" like some "professionals" think I should be. Even when I wasn't on any plan, I just was not hungry at all for breakfast most days, and when I was ravenous at breakfast it was because I ate too many carbs late at night or at 1 am. Eating once a day is very easy and very natural for me. Days I am hungry at breakfast I will enjoy a bulletproof coffee with no AS. (I LOVE those.) I won't eat again until my RM. I make sure I'm done with that by 6pm. So essentially I am practicing IF until my RM the next evening (unless I have a bulletproof coffee.) Zero hunger, even when I do the coffee. I also plan to rotate my RM weekly, just to experiement. Next weeks RM will be at lunch time and the following week at breakfast, just to mix it up a little. However, I have some reservations about the breakfast RM. Eating large amounts of carbs that early in the day may not work for me. Usually when I eat a carb laden breakfast, it makes me ravenous for the rest of the day. However, I am hoping the science behind this woe ie, the one hour limit will help in keeping the insulin spike low for those morning RMs. Anyway I love this woe. Freedom, freedom, freedom. I'll be happy with inches even if the scale does not budge. Will NOT be weighing daily--too discouraging for me with past attempts. I will just be aware of how my clothes are fitting. Probably won't be posting much unless I have questions. (Lurker alert...) 2500 calories for me today at RM. Wasn't a large volume but high calorie and was balanced. Good evening everyone.
Indigodreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Indigodreamz!!!!! Lurkers are always welcome, as we all start out that way. I, too, get discouraged with the daily weigh-ins, but DH is doing this along with me, and it helps keep him on track. I personally don't care how much I weigh, but how my clothes fit is how I gauge if this is working or not. And I know that it is.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Welcome!! The more the merrier. I am actually pretty chatty - I check the board several times a day for new posts! =D

Happy that I got to eat dinner, get full, and not feel guilty. Hooray for today being finished with no flip-flopping!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Well I am glad everyone is here! I too try to check several times a day at least on my days off. I am loving CAD! Today I only ate a RM and it was sushi. I also had a plate of just edamame (soybeans) to be sure to get some veggies. But, definately lots of protein and the rice was the carbs. I wanted DQ for a small blizzard afterwards but my hour was up and it took too long in the drive thru line and I was so mad at the wait and the piss-poor customer service at the checkout window that I didn't pay and just drove on. I fumed over it for about 10 minutes but figured I didn't really need it anyways and can have what I want tomorrow at home. I don't feel like going beyond my hour just because I didn't get enough time. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

MIW
Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

=) Good job MIW! Though I would have probably taken it home and put it in the freezer for today - but I can understand with poor customer service. That plus time constraints would make anybody angry enough to leave.

I am pretty hungry this morning - all growly and stuff - but I am trying to hold out as long as possible. At the very least I will start making the window shorter and shorter until I can get it to 5 hours, where I want it to be. In the meantime, lots of water!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Same here, Andrea......only a little growly, but none the less......lots of water for at least another hour. I want to keep at least 16-17 hours between my RM and next day's CM. It's working, so far ...... averaging down 1 pound for the week.....hopefully over a pound by Saturday!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
=) Good job MIW! Though I would have probably taken it home and put it in the freezer for today - but I can understand with poor customer service. That plus time constraints would make anybody angry enough to leave.

I am pretty hungry this morning - all growly and stuff - but I am trying to hold out as long as possible. At the very least I will start making the window shorter and shorter until I can get it to 5 hours, where I want it to be. In the meantime, lots of water!!!
Andrea and 3pups: keep going! You will see that each day you can go longer and longer. I may just end up doing an RM only again today as I am feeling a bit under the weather and just drinking warm tea and water. I started out doing an 8 hour window and in just 2 days had it down to 5 hours as I just wasn't all that hungry. Following CAD will naturally allow you to do this as you will see you just aren't hungry.

I will say this however: do not starve yourself nor make youself go longer than you naturally want. If you really are hungry, go ahead and eat! That is the beauty of this is it is a WOE that is for life and is very flexable and forgiving!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 03-28-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
I really am enjoying CAD/IF as well. It works. I'm losing weight, I'm able to stay on track, I enjoy that I can have whatever I want on my RM. I do eat a large salad with my RM and protein and balance the meal with whatever carb I choose. I do as the Heller's suggest and eat toward my carbs (having them last in the meal). I hr. is easy to do. My RM today was a large salad/ranch (great to have any salad dressing I want), Jalapeno Kielbasa. For my Carb, I had an Atkins coconut bar. Very satisfying.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysilverpatch View Post
I really am enjoying CAD/IF as well. It works. I'm losing weight, I'm able to stay on track, I enjoy that I can have whatever I want on my RM. I do eat a large salad with my RM and protein and balance the meal with whatever carb I choose. I do as the Heller's suggest and eat toward my carbs (having them last in the meal). I hr. is easy to do. My RM today was a large salad/ranch (great to have any salad dressing I want), Jalapeno Kielbasa. For my Carb, I had an Atkins coconut bar. Very satisfying.
That sounds delicious! Where did you get the jalapeno kielbasa? I'm just having boring Taco Bell, LOL

MIW
Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #595
Junior LCF Member

Question...

Hello everyone. I have a question about the RM. I understand that I start out the RM with a large salad, but then do I do the 1/3 of the plate protein, 1/3 of the plate carb and 1/3 of the plate veggie along with a dessert if I want one as an extra, or does the dessert replace the 1/3 carb portion while still eating the salad? I'm doing the 1/3 of everything, along with the salad and dessert. I want to be sure I'm not doing too much carb or calories at the RM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
The jalapeno kielbasa is at Costco's. It's really good. Spicy, which my DH loves.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigodreamz View Post
Hello everyone. I have a question about the RM. I understand that I start out the RM with a large salad, but then do I do the 1/3 of the plate protein, 1/3 of the plate carb and 1/3 of the plate veggie along with a dessert if I want one as an extra, or does the dessert replace the 1/3 carb portion while still eating the salad? I'm doing the 1/3 of everything, along with the salad and dessert. I want to be sure I'm not doing too much carb or calories at the RM.
The balanced RM as explained in the CALP book is to start with a 2 cup salad. Divide plate into thirds: 1/3 protein, 1/3 another low carb veggie, and 1/3 of a carb of your choice. So that would be your dessert, or mashed potatoes, or alcohol, or bread, or pizza, etc etc. That is if you are strictly following it and keeping it all in balance. You can go back for seconds but you need to get the 1/3 of EVERYTHING, not just more dessert. I know that is what a lot of us strive for, but not all of us acheive!

MIW
Old 03-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

I am actually up a couple of pounds despite TOM being past and only eating an RM for last two days. I actually haven't been hungry. Only thing different this week is maybe a bit more salty type foods like hot dogs a couple of times (birthday party and a BBQ), did more activity like gardening, and I drank a black iced decaf americano two days in a row. I am scratching my head but just going to power through. Maybe I am hitting another plateau. I am also coming a bit under the weather so maybe that is it?

I will be at work next 3 days (14 hour days with commute) so I will try to check it from time to time otherwise catch up with everyone on Monday! TC!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 03-29-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #599
Junior LCF Member

Thank you MIW. Trying to keep this as balanced as possible. I know I won't always SOP, that's just how I am but at least I'll know how to correct it when I'm not...
Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #600
Senior LCF Member

That is the beauty of this WOE! if you do slip a little, you can get back on plan fairly easily, without too much damage....... THAT'S why I'm in this for life!