Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #541
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Do you guys see yourselves trying to eat your RM like it's a race against the clock to get as much in as you can? I'm just wondering cause I think our nature as humans would make us want a starting pistol blast and gates flying open to announce the start of our one hour RM. Is it like that? I think for me, it will be a conscious thing to always keep it cool and just eat normal portions of each thing. I hate feeling stuffed.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Do you guys see yourselves trying to eat your RM like it's a race against the clock to get as much in as you can? I'm just wondering cause I think our nature as humans would make us want a starting pistol blast and gates flying open to announce the start of our one hour RM. Is it like that? I think for me, it will be a conscious thing to always keep it cool and just eat normal portions of each thing. I hate feeling stuffed.
I would say some days yes, some days no. Especially in the beginning and also certain days of the month. I have been at this now 21 weeks and have kind of fallen into a pattern. I will say there have been many days where I wasn't hungry at all and am like, "meh" and not that bad. Other days really wanting something carby or chocolately for dinner, etc. As women we just have to listen to our body and the hormones can really make or break it. That is why I love CAD so much!

Today was a RM only day (yep, didn't eat a thing all day!) and I wasn't even hungry. I have been slowly going more and more IF along with CAD and I can now see how Rachael Heller was able to lose 150 lbs by only eating once a day. After you body gets used to it you really aren't hungry at all the other 23 hours of the day. I don't do this all the time but today just worked out that I wasn't hungry.

MIW
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #543
Big Yapper!

I wish I could click on that graph on your siggy but it's not expandable. Can you post the graph as an attachment so I can click on it? I haven't been in weight-loss-mode in so long but when I was, I loved to graph my progress. It's so rewarding to see how far you've come and those tools give you motivation to see the line drop more and more.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Let's start posting our rms and maybe that will encourage some.. Yesterday I was full full full all day and at my rm lunch I had a huge ribeye steak, big salad with ranch, about 2 cups of mint and vanilla ice cream. I couldn't eat another thing all day. Today is 2 apples, mini pizza, 4 white chocolate egg Reesees. I am not hungry after eating around noon yesterday and it is about 6 a.m. right now. I couldn't eat a thing right now and won't until around 1 today.
Today's RM:

1 C white rice with 1 C steak strips and brown gravy
3 Cake Pops (homemade )
1 can Squirt

I "meant" to have a salad and a boiled egg earlier in the day for my CM but just wasn't hungry and by the time dinner came around I just started eating the food as it was prepared and ready so never got to the salad. Nope, not balanced at all by I would say I have about 2 meals a week that aren't balanced, maybe 3, and the other days are much better. I love it that this diet is forgiving and you don't feel like a failure and just go off of it1

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
That wasn't much to eat MIW. Were your cake pops big?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: 2 meals low carb, 1 meal my choice no snacks
Yesterday's RM

Breakfast for dinner!
homemade Corned beef hash (left over corned beef/onions/spices/hashbrowns)
pancake with homemade strawberry/blueberry syrup

Cheryl-- Sometimes I felt the need to rush, but not so much anymore, because I can have a nice RM with goodies included and know that I can do it the next day and the next day....

Last edited by 4myfuture; 03-22-2013 at 07:11 AM..
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Yesterday's RM

Breakfast for dinner!
homemade Corned beef hash (left over corned beef/onions/spices/hashbrowns)
pancake with homemade strawberry/blueberry syrup

Cheryl-- Sometimes I felt the need to rush, but not so much anymore, because I can have a nice RM with goodies included and know that I can do it the next day and the next day....
I know, you can have whatever you want the very next day! Not like a "cheat day" once a week or starving yourself all month for a special night out. This is why it is for life for me!

Plus, I have honestly found that whenever I am really wanting something, as soon as I have a large salad (especially with blue cheese) it is like I feel so good I am not even craving anything else. My favorite lunch is a big salad (4-6 cups!), a slice of pepper jack cheese, a hamburger pattie, and sometimes a boiled egg or two. Also sometimes with a few stalks of celery. So filling, so chewy, savory, crunchy, all the fat and protein and fiber- it really fills you up and is sooooo satisfying those types of CM's really make it easy to get to RM time. Plus, I have figured out if you are having trouble on this WOE, it is NOT the RM, it is what you are doing the rest of the day. Either no-no's at CM's or not eating enough. If you are hungry during the day you need to up what you are eating at your CM's and be sure no hidden no-no's like AS/SF stuff, MSG, sugars, etc beyond the "allowed" amounts for your salad dressings. You are allowed any type of salad dressing, even with sugar/msg as long as it is 2gm per serving or less. I eat regular Hidden Valley Ranch or Marie's or Light House dressings.

MIW
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
That wasn't much to eat MIW. Were your cake pops big?
I'd say the cake pops were about equal in size to a piece of cake. They were double and triple dipped in candy melts so pretty sweet. 4 was almost too much due to how sweet they were. I never thought things would be too sweet!

I remember you saying how you ate 2 costco carrot cupcakes one time and that is me at RM time. I do not limit myself and if I feel like eating it I will. I am a big eater and always will be. Some days I feel like going overboard a bit more so I do. Other days I am just not hungry or making sure I am in balance I what I want. I strive for balance but really just go with the flow since this is for life and I do not want to be on a restrictive plan at all

MIW
Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I wish I could click on that graph on your siggy but it's not expandable. Can you post the graph as an attachment so I can click on it? I haven't been in weight-loss-mode in so long but when I was, I loved to graph my progress. It's so rewarding to see how far you've come and those tools give you motivation to see the line drop more and more.
On this forum it wouldn't let me add my graph in properly so it is just a thumbnail and you are right, it won't take you to my site. I will post the direct link and you can check out all my stats and see my weight loss ticker, my graph, and past data. You can also make your own! It is fun and keeps me on track with taking my weights.

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

MIW
Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Today's wt: 217.5 lbs. Lost another 1/2 inch off my bust and waist as well!

MIW
Old 03-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
I have had one down day so far, but during that day I did a miniature version of CAD, and then had a regular CAD day on my up day. So far so good - but we shall see! I liked how the scale went down 4 pounds overnight, that was fun. I know it will bounce back up, but it was SO nice seeing numbers like that, even if for a moment.
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #552
Big Yapper!

Thanks, MIW. I used to use that site for my weight loss ticker but I guess I never scrolled down and noticed the graph. Too funny. Been so long since I was in true weight-loss mode that I forgot all the fun little things I did to keep motivated. I need to start one of those up again. Anything that will get me headed in the right direction again!

Andrea, enjoy the ride! Sounds like you are enjoying it so far. Best of luck with JUDDD.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I have had one down day so far, but during that day I did a miniature version of CAD, and then had a regular CAD day on my up day. So far so good - but we shall see! I liked how the scale went down 4 pounds overnight, that was fun. I know it will bounce back up, but it was SO nice seeing numbers like that, even if for a moment.
Wow! 4lbs? That is VERY impressive! Do tell. Was it extreme low cal that day, or what? How often did you eat? I am wondering if it might have been an IF response or something? I wish I had your scale, LOL

MIW
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Big ribeye, lg. salad with a lot of ranch, bowl of ice cream.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #555
Big Yapper!

That must have taken the full hour to get down, chewing like mad the entire time.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That must have taken the full hour to get down, chewing like mad the entire time.
The only time I come close to an hour is eating out since it takes a awhile to get all the courses in. Plus, you have to be mindful to not take a drink of anything other than water or start eating chips or whatever (Mexican places) until your food arrives or the clock starts ticking.

At home, no matter what the meal and dessert is, it is very rare that it takes me longer than 30 minutes to be completely done. The hour is almost too generous for me!

MIW
Old 03-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am just into my new undies that were way too small a couple of months ago! My old undies were WAAAAYYYY to big and getting yucky all stretched out and holes. My bras are next but they are like $45 each so I can't just go replacing those willy nilly every 3 months. Pants are definately getting loose as well. Can't believe it but I may just need a new wardrobe soon!

MIW
Old 03-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #558
Big Yapper!

That's awesome, MIW! That feeling is priceless.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
MIW... that is SUCH a great feeling! I am such a hoarder that I actually have 3-4 different sizes of clothing hanging around.....is that good or bad? Anyway, I have left the 20's in the dust,and am pretty close to leaving the 18's as well......the 16's are still a little snug, and I hate looking like a stuffed sausage, so we'll wait just a little while longer...... but I'm really happy with the sizes lost....even if the scale doesn't show as well........
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
MIW... that is SUCH a great feeling! I am such a hoarder that I actually have 3-4 different sizes of clothing hanging around.....is that good or bad? Anyway, I have left the 20's in the dust,and am pretty close to leaving the 18's as well......the 16's are still a little snug, and I hate looking like a stuffed sausage, so we'll wait just a little while longer...... but I'm really happy with the sizes lost....even if the scale doesn't show as well........
That is sooooo awesome! I am not sure what size top or pants I'd be in. I wear a lot of XL and 2XL out of habit for comfort, and also strechy pants. I am sure in another 20 lbs I will be back in my size 16 jeans from Eddie Baur that I loved!

MIW
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #561
Senior LCF Member

I am in 16/18 now, and I have 14s, but after that I will definitely be shopping!

So yes it was an extreme low calorie day, I had 300 calories approximately for the entire day on my first DD, and the second day (today) I am at 350. I am supposed to stay below 500. So I woke up the morning after my first down day (DD) and had lost 4 pounds, and then weighed the day after a eat regularly day or up day (UD) and I had gained back 1.8 pounds, and then I had another UD - two in a row - and did not gain this morning. Today is another DD so I will hopefully be down tomorrow. *fingers crossed* Though yes I am eating probably too many calories on my UD - eating regularly for me is how I got fat in the first place. But incorporating CAD makes it seem pretty easy so far.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so it is okay to fluctuate up a pound or two? The scale freaks me out and I think this is why a lot of people go off CAD.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

Andrea, What did you have on your up day? It couldn't be much more than I have!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

I had the usual boiled egg and string cheese and salad with ranch (breakfast and lunch) and then I had 2 servings of lasagna and a WHOLE bottle of wine and 3 cupcakes (and a few sour gummy worms, a handful of Gardettos, a huge bite of pasta salad, a few Triscuits with spinach dip - all of which I stuffed in at the 59 minute mark) for my RM. I have a problem with the binging. I am trying to work on that. I am exploring the possibilities today of eating "normally" like you are supposed to do with JUDDD. In fact, I had an english muffin for breakfast and put hot coccoa in my coffee. I hope I don't break out in cravings! However, according to JUDDD website, I can eat whatever I want today, but the folks on the JUDDD board seem to think that I should not go over the set amount for my age/weight/height, which is 2300 calories. That seems like a lot of food compared to yesterday's 300 calories! I should hopefully be fine.

Saw a new low on the scale today - which is par for the course with yesterday being a down day, but tomorrow it will spike back up, just hopefully not over where I was the day before yesterday.

I started JUDDDing on Wednesday at 240.2 and was 236.2 this morning. =D

I am liking it so far, finding out how much I can handle - feeling very proud to only consume 300 calories in a day - giving my digestive system a rest (which REALLY seems to get things moving.. TMI) LOL Finding out that hunger is not an emergency.

I am sure that all of the diet programs on this board work - its just a matter of whether we can work them or not. Gotta find the best one for you! Today, I am happy. =)
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Oriana - I think the scale bounces all around every day and that is why you are supposed to weigh daily and then take an average of all the days in the week to find out your "true weight." I have been doing that for the last four weeks since I found this amazing board and I know that I could not have done this without all of you, BTW (so thanks!). My average for this week was 239.1 even though I was 236.6 (not 236.2 - sorry) on the scale this morning. I started at 245.2, so over the course of exactly four weeks doing three and a half weeks of CAD and a half a week of JUDDD, I have lost 6.1 pounds. But my daily weights have been everywhere. The last four Sundays look like this: 240.8, 238.2, 242.6, and 236.6. TOM is scheduled to start tomorrow, so next week will probably be very interesting. The only thing that is important is the downward trend on the scale which is why it is important to look at the big picture instead of just relying on the scale on a day to day basis. Also, be sure to take measurements. It is so important!!! When the scale is not moving - the tape measure is - which to me is way more important, and exciting! =)
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
I wish I had taken measurements in the beginning.... I know there is a loss in inches just because of the sizes going bye-bye, I just would like to know how many inches..... the scale isn't as important to me as how I look and feel.
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pupsmom View Post
I wish I had taken measurements in the beginning.... I know there is a loss in inches just because of the sizes going bye-bye, I just would like to know how many inches..... the scale isn't as important to me as how I look and feel.
It's not too late to get your "starting" measurements in now. There is hardly a month where at least 2 of my measurements have not go down. Most months all have gone down. You won't be sorry at any stage of weight loss to see those measurements budge! I can't believe it that I am ONLY down 17lbs and have lost 5 inches off my waist. That just blows me away. I mean I am only 5ft 2in for crying out loud and still weight 217lbs so only 17 lbs to lose that many inches for me is mind-boggling!

MIW
Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I had the usual boiled egg and string cheese and salad with ranch (breakfast and lunch) and then I had 2 servings of lasagna and a WHOLE bottle of wine and 3 cupcakes (and a few sour gummy worms, a handful of Gardettos, a huge bite of pasta salad, a few Triscuits with spinach dip - all of which I stuffed in at the 59 minute mark) for my RM. I have a problem with the binging. I am trying to work on that. I am exploring the possibilities today of eating "normally" like you are supposed to do with JUDDD. In fact, I had an english muffin for breakfast and put hot coccoa in my coffee. I hope I don't break out in cravings! However, according to JUDDD website, I can eat whatever I want today, but the folks on the JUDDD board seem to think that I should not go over the set amount for my age/weight/height, which is 2300 calories. That seems like a lot of food compared to yesterday's 300 calories! I should hopefully be fine.

Saw a new low on the scale today - which is par for the course with yesterday being a down day, but tomorrow it will spike back up, just hopefully not over where I was the day before yesterday.

I started JUDDDing on Wednesday at 240.2 and was 236.2 this morning. =D

I am liking it so far, finding out how much I can handle - feeling very proud to only consume 300 calories in a day - giving my digestive system a rest (which REALLY seems to get things moving.. TMI) LOL Finding out that hunger is not an emergency.

I am sure that all of the diet programs on this board work - its just a matter of whether we can work them or not. Gotta find the best one for you! Today, I am happy. =)
After you are done with your JUDDD experiment (*smiles*) I want you to try doing CAD with IF like I am. Honestly, every day will get easier and you will only want to eat 1-2 times a day. I am doing one CM and my RM anywhere from 12-2pm and 4-7pm. I am not hungry at all, and am eating big protein and veggies at my CM and my RM's are getting more and more carby and I am losing like never before. It totally reigns in your insulin surges and there is the benefit of eating tons of calories (for me 1800-2600 daily depending on the day) and you don't have to count a single cal/carb anything! Some days I have only eaten a RM which even though it is huge and mainly unbalanced I am just not hungry and I guarantee it works better than only eating 300 calories spaced out.

Just something for you to consider since you are in the market for something else to try. I just found spreading my eating out over longer periods was still too much insulin and I was getting more hungry more frequently and not losing as fast.

MIW
Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry if that came across unsupportive or rude. Applogies if so. I actually look forward to hearing more about JUDDD and your success with it since so many people do it. I just don't want you to do anything that is a struggle or difficult and for me 300 calories a day screams "Get out of there fast!" LOL

MIW
Old 03-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

MIW I absolutely did not take that the wrong way! I love the support! And if this all goes south, I will ABSOLUTELY try it your way. I am not giving up. I am done being fat and I will be striving nonstop to find myself at a healthy weight. So, I will keep your idea in mind, but I may have to bug you for more information because I don't quite understand exactly what you are doing. And, knowing me, if my weight loss stalls out, or I plateau even for two weeks, I will be looking for the next thing to try. =)