Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
18 miles in one day!

Just your body working it's magic, no worries!

Ok, so here's a funny RM story from yesterday:

I planned to have Boston Market's mac and cheese for dinner with some chicken as my RM. It was on my mind all day. I knew I was going to have to go through the drive thru because I had work at night. So, all day I'm dreaming of this mac and cheese, eating it before work in the car. I ate my CM's with ease during the day and went to the gym, did a good workout on elliptical. Went home took a shower, still dreaming of mac and cheese.

Get to Boston Market and I order my 1/4 white chicken with two sides of mac and cheese ---asked for a fork (b/c I was going to have to eat it in the car)......Get my nice bag of food and drive off----------

NO FORK!

I was freaking out, like, how am I going to eat mac and cheese .......frantic, I'm thinking, I could use the corn bread to scoop it up, or the chicken bone as a fork, or just dump the plate in the mouth, but people will see that in the car...and I was hungry......so my mood was, well you know......

I ATE IT WITH MY FINGERS----- I WAS SO HUNGRY AND WANTED IT SO BADLY. I ATE ALL OF IT WITH MY FINGERS LIKE A MADWOMAN.

Then I had to go to work...and wash my hands of course.

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
Ha! I don't have a Boston Market around here... was it good?

I weigh the same again today. B-L-A-H!

I am going to eliminate a CM today and see if that helps. And/Or maybe have those 2 cups of salad at RM. We shall see. I would have to go to the store and buy salad... decisions, decisions.
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Yes, it was really good. It's just one of my favorite "fast food" items.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
18 miles in one day!

I planned to have Boston Market's mac and cheese for dinner with some chicken as my RM. It was on my mind all day. I knew I was going to have to go through the drive thru because I had work at night. So, all day I'm dreaming of this mac and cheese, eating it before work in the car. I ate my CM's with ease during the day and went to the gym, did a good workout on elliptical. Went home took a shower, still dreaming of mac and cheese.

Get to Boston Market and I order my 1/4 white chicken with two sides of mac and cheese ---asked for a fork (b/c I was going to have to eat it in the car)......Get my nice bag of food and drive off----------

NO FORK!

I was freaking out, like, how am I going to eat mac and cheese .......frantic, I'm thinking, I could use the corn bread to scoop it up, or the chicken bone as a fork, or just dump the plate in the mouth, but people will see that in the car...and I was hungry......so my mood was, well you know......

I ATE IT WITH MY FINGERS----- I WAS SO HUNGRY AND WANTED IT SO BADLY. I ATE ALL OF IT WITH MY FINGERS LIKE A MADWOMAN.

That totally sucks that they didn't get you a fork! Most of the time drive thru places give too many little condiments and utensils and those get tossed. Mac and cheese is a pleasure of mine as well and I haven't met many that I didn't like, LOL. Don't think I've had Boston Markets. Anyway, one time we went to KFC with a some friends while we were at the ocean. All of them and us with our combined kiddos were packed into the minivan and of course guess what? No sporks that they also give 10,000 of in the bags. Luckily I had extras in the glove box and to this day I keep all the forks, spoons, knives, and straws-of course napkins. You never know when you might run off the road or get trapped in your car somewhere during the zombie apocolypse so keep your car well stocked! LOL

MIW :P
Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #485
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
18 miles in one day!

NO FORK!

LOL...that was a funny visual!!!!!!!!!!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

note to self: keep extra stuff in my car!

I just got the book by the Hellers..... I can't remember the exact title right now, but it's blue and it is something like.... 7 DAY Carb Back on Track....something like that!

I like it, I'm doing a lot of the things already, but it has good recipes and tricks in there. It's very uplifting. I love how the Hellers write!

My husband might be jumping on plan with me, but having his RM in the morning. He is such a carb breakfast man!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #487
Senior LCF Member

I am getting that book. I am going to eventually get all of their books. I am getting kind of frustrated. I am not hungry at all, I am not eating very much, and I am not losing any weight. I like the not being hungry part... But yesterday I only had one meal, like Mrs. Heller did initially, and I gained about 6 ounces. My total calories for yesterday were 1300. I am still thinking to myself, "Man I need to go on a diet." and that sucks, cuz I want this to be my diet. Of course, of course I am going to keep going with it, and if I still weigh this much in a month, I might try to carb restrict more - but for now I know I can do this diet for the rest of my life. If ONLY I was losing small amounts steadily. This week so far has been 239.0, 239.6, 239.2, 239.6, 239.0, 239.6. My period is not due for another 11 days. I wish I could say I'm retaining water. waaa, cry, waaa.

Okay, sorry for that pity fest, but I have to get it out somewhere!

4myfuture: If you hubby joins you, that would be awesome! My husband just complains about how much he weighs every day, but will probably never do anything about it. He is a foodie foodie man. and he is "only" about 25 pounds overweight.

MIW: I keep every and all leftover napkins in my glove box. You would think I would have a lifetime supply, but they do get used up fairly quickly. With two kids, there is always something!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

LCAndrea---I understand and can feel your frustration. This is sometimes annoying, but someone asked me how long it took me to get 50-60 lbs overweight. About 6 years! So, I've been on my new diet plan for over a year and have a definite 30 lbs of loss. I really think the slower the better, because it means one's lifestyle has changed. I don't want to lose so fast that I gain it all back super fast. I want my body to ease it's way into it, because it will stay there! (I hope) I haven't gained at all since my CAD lifestyle(because just LC wasn't cutting it anymore for me I switched to CAD) and I do think I'm losing...I just don't weigh often, because it messes with my mood!

Just some thoughts, you can do it! Just think about how wonderful the idea of the RM is! I am in love with the fact that all food can be enjoyed again with respect of course. I can't live on fatbombs and eggs, I know some people swear by it, but me....it wasn't working.

Last edited by 4myfuture; 03-15-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

I tried Atkins. I gave it a genuine try about 6 years ago. I got all the way down to 217 from 250. But then I ate one little carb and I freaked out and gained it all back plus 10 pounds. I was taking Oreos for ransom!

I know you are right. I am totally down with this lifestyle. I love it love it love it. I just want to tweak it until it works for me, you know. I am not quitting or wanting to quit, just wanting to do everything right. I mean, what if I am sabotaging myself and I don't even know it? I may have to stop weighing every day. I only want to lose at least 25 pounds a year. That's not too much to ask! I mean, the whole point is to lose weight, at the core of it all, isn't it?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Hey, everyone! Just been lurking this week, but I wanted to let everyone know.....I FINALLY BROKE MY PLATEAU!!!!
I lost 2.6 pounds this week!!!! I'm so excited, I can't even explain! Hopefully it will continue...... I started eating my first CM later in the day....about 10:00 am and then just a CM snack around 1:00 and my RM around 5:30-6:00..... it seems to be working......hopefully I will see the same results next week.......
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #491
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14

Thats fantastic 3pups!!!!!! What a great week!!!!

I am not weighing at home only at TOPS. I won't have any idea if I lost at all until wednesday. That will be a 3 week weigh though. I wasn't able to go the last 2
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Yay 3pups! How long was your plateau?

I used to go to TOPS a few years ago. I was the youngest member, by 40 years. Every one of those ladies were over 70. But I still had fun. I felt like I was on an episode of Golden Girls every week. =)
Old 03-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mikeysmommy33
Stats: -23
WOE: CAD/some days ATKINS levels
Start Date: Re-start 3/27/2014
Knock, knock... Room for one more? I've been back on the wagon for about 6 days now. I thought I would come and peek to see if the CAD thread was re-opened, since it was so quiet for a long time. I can use the accountability of posting. I'm a good cheerleader too *waves pom poms * I have lost about 9 pounds, but it took me a month because I kept screwing around...I have LOTS of weight to lose.
mikeysmommy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Mickeysmommy33 and any other lurkers! LOL

I've been busy with spring cleaning and back to work last few days. I am going to be up at least a pound this week but I am now on my TOM and it is my usual cycle to be up one week each month. I have done the daily weights religiously now for over 4 months and am glad I have. I can see the plateau in there easily and also my one week a month where I am up. I can also see where I broke through the plateau and the new weight loss kicked in when I dumped drinking the iced americanos with cream and went down to the 1 cm and RM daily in a 4-8 hour period (IF). I totally recommend the daily wt unless it drives you crazy. I can think easier in long term thoughts than day to day so I am ok with it.

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the welcome Makeitwork
Good job on your weight loss and your charting! I need to do a better job at charting to see my ups and downs.
Today I had:
CM: Americano with splash of cream, Splenda
3 eggs cooked in butter, 2 Tbsp. of bacon bits, sprinkle of cheese shreds, and hot sauce
CM: Bavarian Wiener and seltzer water
RM: Chia seed pudding (chia seeds soaked over night with heavy cream and Splenda).
Turkey burger patty with lettuce shreds, onion slices, mayo inside low carb tortilla, side of cabbage and more seltzer water
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Welcome!

Today was weird. I had a salad with cheese and pickle today for breakfast. Then, at lunch I made the same salad again, but I could only eat about 5 bites. Tnen,, my hubby takes me to dinner and I could only eat half my food. And I had to force it down! This is soooooo unlike me. I am the type that is constantly hungry normally so this is foreign. However, I gotta say its pretty FREAKING AWESOME!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
I am the type that is constantly hungry normally so this is foreign. However, I gotta say its pretty FREAKING AWESOME!
That's awesome! It's amazing how hunger is down. I have passed up Girl Scout thin mints that are in the house, and have not been feeling the need to shake the fridge over my mouth. lol When I was trying to do low fat/low calorie things, I was miserable and wanted to eat my own arm on many occasions. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I totally laughed so hard and had to show my husband your comment about shaking the fridge over your mouth! That was soooo me! LOL

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Mikeysmommy.... I laughed so hard, I thought I was gonna wet myself!!..... sorry....TMI? Anyway...WELCOME! There's always room for one more.

I love chia seed "faux tapioca"! It is one of my favs! And so good for you, too.

Andrea, I gained and lost the same 2 pounds for 7 weeks! It was so frustrating! I kept tweaking this and changing that...... I finally gave up and figured I wasn't going any further..... then BAM! it started coming off again......still don't know what caused it or what fixed it.....but I'm happy it's working again
Old 03-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #500
Senior LCF Member

I hope that I can survive a plateau like that when it happens to me - actually I am probably plateauing right now. I have been 239.something all week, until this morning when my weight jumped UP 2.6 pounds. That is the mother of frustrating.

So now I need to go look up recipes for this chia seed pudding. I thought it sounded questionable at first, but if two people like it... I probably wont. But I will try it anyway! Ha! It might just be my new favorite, you never know.

When I did low-fat, I felt exactly the same way. Like when I would "snap" and cheat, I would be eating several different things at once. For instance, the toast would be taking too long to toast so I would be cramming in 3-4 Little Debbie snacks while I waited for it, then I would also find leftovers that would be warming in the microwave while I was eating the toast. RM sometimes feels like that for me, even though I don't eat much, I am stuffing it down in 15-20 minutes like the world is going to end. I think this is psychological - something about how I like my comfort food - fast and furious.

Here is my plan to break my "plateau" - I am going to count calories and do CAD - at least for a week to see what's up. I have a calorie goal of 1500 a day and my goal is to be down 1 pound. This should be simple considering I had breakfast at 7 a.m. and it was 150 calories and I am not even close to hungry now at noon.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #501
Senior LCF Member

The one thing I've learned with this WOE, is that I don't have to count calories or fat grams or points....thank goodness!!! Because that was why I always failed before....now, I know what I can and cannot eat....when to eat and how long it should take and that's what works..... I don't have to worry about it and it works...... I am losing weight without stressing out about it anymore...... THAT IS PRICELESS!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Well I can't wait to figure out what works for me because I love the WOE, just haven't figure out how to tweak it for best results. =)
Old 03-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #503
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I think I might join you ladies over here on the CAD thread. I only read most of the first page before jumping to the end to post. I am just at a place right now where I'm "stuck" and I can't amp-up the motivation to start something strict like Atkins, Nutritional Ketosis (which is still a bit of a mystery to me) or a rogue HCG round. Been there, done those.

I actually have the original book the Heller's put out so I'll go find where I placed it and see what I can see. Thank you for all the time and attention you gave to adding so much detailed info on the diet! That helps immensely and it also shows how passionate you are about the plan.

So, I don't know if I'll be starting tomorrow but if not, any day now.

I don't know what it is about declaring I'm going to do well with diet etc but I become an automatic time bomb. It's time to bow out altogether. I have to do something entirely different, like GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.

I think it's time to make that change. Hoping all of you have the greatest of success. PM me if you wish to stay in touch. God bless each of you. I know where you can be found.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome CherylB
Looking forward to being on the journey with you!
Ladies, I'm glad I could make you laugh. tee hee.
Lowcarbandrea - hope you like the chia pudding! It's SOOOOOO filling. 3pups mom, nice to meet another chia seed lover! My 8 year old LOVES to eat it too.
Just wanted to check in really quick on my meals today:
CM: Americano, sugar free vanilla torani syrup, and a splash of heavy cream
CM: Small lean ground hamburger patty with two pickle spears, mustard and mayo
RM: It's in the crock pot currently, but it's going to be Corned beef and cabbage! I am planning on having also a Diet Cream soda and maybe a one minute flax muffin. Those things keep me so full and keep the "plumbing" moving. Can't stand being locked up in the bowels like fort knox LOL
Everyone keep up the good work! It's a new week and I know we can all rock it and lose the pounds!!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #505
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sounds good to me! (And "just say no" to Fort Knox.)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Can everyone say "Flax is our friend!" LOL! I certainly don't know what I'd do without it.......
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and ladies my favorite "faux tapioca" is as follows:

2-3 Tbsp chia seed (white is prettier, but black works just as well)
1/4cup heavy whipping cream
1/4cup water
1/4cup any flavor SF syrup (Torani or DaVinci...??Kahlua is GREAT)

Put all ingredients in a liquid-tight container and shake frequently for 10-15 minutes. Let sit for 10-15 more then ENJOY!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Oooh, thanks 3 pups! I am going to try this soon.

Welcome CherylB!!!!

=)
Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

OMG! I just realized I put 1/4 cup HWC?????? It should be 1/2 cup! Sorry!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

hiyaa! I love this eating plan. Holy Smokes, I keep thinking I'm in a dream or something!

Yesterday for RM I had corned beef/cabbage/potatoes/carrots/onions-----and CAKE!

I had no desire to eat after dinner and I was done eating by 5:30 pm. That is the dream I'm talking about!

Glad to see this thread picking up more people, love reading all of your posts!