Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Me too! I am in this now a solid 4 months. If I continue at this rate, even with a few plateaus and at the slow rate I have been I am on track to lose anywhere from 30-50 lbs! In one year with no special effort. No starvation, no suffering, heck I am not even exercising. I cannot and will not complain one bit.

There is a gal named Teri and her screen name is Hoppinn. You can google her and she is back posting again on our Hour Power #5. She has the same starting wt, ht, and goal as me, and has lost over 100 lbs in 5 years! She just posted that she is now 129 lbs! Her goal was to get to 140 and she has gone by that already It does take time but this WOE really does work.

I try to think about how it does so many other things: no cravings, energy, ability to be in control of eating, etc. It is just the "icing on the cake" that we get to eat fabulous RM and still lose wt!

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
MIW you are absolutely 1000000% right. =)
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
I feel like CAD is the best combination of all the "diets" out there!
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
I feel like CAD is the best combination of all the "diets" out there!
Have you read both CAD and CALP? In CAD Racheal Heller explains that she lost her 150 lbs by only eating a RM everyday which is basically extreme Intermittent Fasting.

In CALP they discuss other "Options" you can add such as no SF/AS stuff, no MSG, taking GTF Chromium, skipping CM's, exercising. I do at some point plan on exercising but would like to lose a bit more and get closer to 180 lbs to save my knees and back which tell me quite a bit to "watch it," LOL

Anyway, I only point this stuff out because I first started with CAD, then followed CALP for awhile and started adding some of the Options like the GTF Chromium, skipping MSG if I can at CM's, and now I am doing IF along with it by doing just a CM around 12-3pm and my RM around 4-8pm. I think if you can swing it the combo of both really make a big impact with lack of cravings and hunger. It is actually easier for me now to just skip breakfast all together. I make that time to be sure to get in enough of my fluids for the day.

I am seeing a real difference in how my body is responding and the wt is coming off faster as well. Yes, in part due to decreased caloric intake (you'd think you would make up for it at the other meals but really over the course of the week you are eating less) but also due to the reduced amount of insulin and longer fast. Just something to consider. I am feeling great and seeing fabo results so I do want to share!

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #455
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyNikki
Stats: 198.5/192/130
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept 2012
HI all- i want to join in. I no longer weigh myself but am recovering from a ED.. i have done CAD before but veered off due to impatience. But it works. I am going to try for just a 1 meal per day type of eating, w/in the 1 hour time slot. However, i can usually get by bfast ok, but lunch time am going bonkers and need food. Going to try to see if i can pull it off tomorrow. Just had a pretty (unbal) reward meal, but not gonna beat myself up over it, since i wanna do it my way, as that is what always works for me. somethin i can stick with.... good luck all. BTW anyone know a good way for me to track my progress w/o weighing?
SkinnyNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Okay this is where I am now. I am eating one meal a day and that's it and it is a doozy RM but still in my hour. I usually eat early in the day sometimes even at 11 a.m. but am FULL until 7 p.m. and then I do start to get a bit hungry but have a diet coke or glass of water and then it is soon bedtime. I am running every day and do best when I fast and run.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Just for kicks I checked my blood pressure and it was 110/75 which is very low and pulse 60. MIW you are a nurse......Is this good news since high blood pressure runs in my family?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

I saw Terri's blog too but don't like the fact that she really restricts calories like 1200 or so and eats two very small meals. My friend has lost 100 pounds too and is 128 and has been for 5 years on CAD one meal a day and eats a lot. She last posted her rm and I would rather eat what she eats than Terri. Kudos to Terri but for me I can't live that way any more. My friend Sheila ate 2 McD chicken sandwiches, med fry, large coke, lg. frozen yogurt with almonds and another soda from Sonic. To me that's living.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I saw Terri's blog too but don't like the fact that she really restricts calories like 1200 or so and eats two very small meals. My friend has lost 100 pounds too and is 128 and has been for 5 years on CAD one meal a day and eats a lot. She last posted her rm and I would rather eat what she eats than Terri. Kudos to Terri but for me I can't live that way any more. My friend Sheila ate 2 McD chicken sandwiches, med fry, large coke, lg. frozen yogurt with almonds and another soda from Sonic. To me that's living.
Except your friend Sheila was not getting any vegetables at all into her diet! She may be thin, but what price is she paying in the long run? I am just wondering - out loud I suppose. How are her blood pressure and cholesterol, etc?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

I eat my RMs in 20 minutes. I wonder if that will help me do even better on this "diet." I am just full or actually satisfied in 20 minutes. I no longer feel the need to stuff myself. I don't remember the last time I could feel my stomach "stretch" from eating AND AND AND I have noticed a difference in what I look like in the mirror, even though it has only been about 6 pounds. I can tell!!!! YAY! Also, for my CMs, I am only eating a small bit of food. Maybe the equivalent of 1 to 1-1/2 cups of food. So I know my stomach is shrinking.

Anyways, I am in control of my diet and I can't hide it! WOOO! I am freeeeee!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #461
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Wow you guys have been chatty! Thats great! I am reading all this IF talk and its taking me awhile to wrap my head around it! Its funny how ever changing diet science is! For years and years breakfast was the MOST important meal, and you HAD to eat 6 small meals a day to get your metabolism going. Now we are seeing its ok to skip breakfast and eat 1 or 2 times a day!

This made me think of my Uncle. He is a Theravada Buddhist Monk, they have to be done eating by noon. Well I think he can have tea and hot chocolate or something after noon. Anyway the point being I suppose its not such a *new* idea is it!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #462
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Okay this is where I am now. I am eating one meal a day and that's it and it is a doozy RM but still in my hour. I usually eat early in the day sometimes even at 11 a.m. but am FULL until 7 p.m. and then I do start to get a bit hungry but have a diet coke or glass of water and then it is soon bedtime. I am running every day and do best when I fast and run.
Glad to see you eating food! Not just fruit! I thought of you the other day. I watched a show on a *fruitarian* only eats fruits. I think the guy was in his early 20's, they did a bone scan and he had the bones of a 50 year old. Eating just fruit was depleting his skeleton!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #463
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
Wow you guys have been chatty! Thats great! I am reading all this IF talk and its taking me awhile to wrap my head around it! Its funny how ever changing diet science is! For years and years breakfast was the MOST important meal, and you HAD to eat 6 small meals a day to get your metabolism going. Now we are seeing its ok to skip breakfast and eat 1 or 2 times a day!

This made me think of my Uncle. He is a Theravada Buddhist Monk, they have to be done eating by noon. Well I think he can have tea and hot chocolate or something after noon. Anyway the point being I suppose its not such a *new* idea is it!
That is a very prophetic statement. Why do we humans think we are inventing the wheel, over.....and over......and over......

Fashions are not new.....they are recycled with variations.......

etc, etc, etc
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
There is a gal named Teri and her screen name is Hoppinn. You can google her and she is back posting again on our Hour Power #5. She has the same starting wt, ht, and goal as me, and has lost over 100 lbs in 5 years! She just posted that she is now 129 lbs! Her goal was to get to 140 and she has gone by that already It does take time but this WOE really does work.

MIW
I had been doing some CAD success story searches on Google and I found her a couple of weeks ago. I have read almost all of her online blog and it is very interesting - but today I got to see her before picture and I must say I was impressed!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Remember everyone that Rachael Heller lost 150 lbs by only eating once a day. It wasn't until later that she and her husband met later in life and combined their experiences (he had been keeping track of foods that triggered hunger) that they studied IR and came up with CAD.

I won't judge too harsh on anyone who eats in an extreme manner. I think we've all been there. I've fasted for days on end with only water, I've done fruit fasts, and I've walked borderline eating disorder territory myself when I was younger without even realizing it until I got older.

Who hasn't done diet pills? WW's anyone? They just tell you to watch points and not even what to eat. You can decide so yes, there were vegetable days and pizza days. That isn't real balanced.

The "me" of today does try to go for overall balance most days, and definately for the week. Face it, we are going to have days where we just feel like a good binge. Hopefully far and few between but we all do it and it is normal. We just start over the next day and strive for an overall trend of better health.

I know I eat a lot of OG, I eat a lot of whole foods and supplements. I'd say about half of what I eat is health food miracle stuff and the other half is complete garbage! LOL I tell people about all sorts of great supplements (as in whole foods the way nature designed us to take in nutrients and not just extracts or synthetic active ingredients which is NOT natural). I am sure most people glance right over those offerings which I have found to be real health boosters and also I believe to be feeding what is missing in the body and yet another component to what drives hunger when we are nutritionally depleted. Most people just want to know calorie-wise or meal wise how I am losing weight. To each his/her own I suppose.

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 03-13-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

I don't judge anyone either, since everyone has to choose what is right for them..I'm not at a point to fast or just have 1 RM. I eat my CM's and 1 RM. My RM is pretty balanced, but I often squeeze treats into it. My husband said yesterday, "you look skinny". HA I'm not really near skinny territory, but I'm definitely losing something since doing just LOW CARB. Low Carb was so hard when my cravings took over.

I love how I'm eating---it feels organized, easy, manageable in group settings, and I can stop feeling like certain food is illegal.

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

I hope that was not about me (the judging thing) because that is definitely not what I am doing. I am trying to find out if I can live on garbage and have decent cholesterol levels. LOL! Like I said before, I do not eat a balanced RM. I eat whatever I feel like eating - lately whatever I made for dinner and then a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce. =) The scale is not moving for the last three days, though, and I am not a fan of that happening. I wish I could just lose 2 ounces every day. That would make this a dream come true - not that it is not already a dream come true. =D
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
I don't judge anyone either, since everyone has to choose what is right for them..I'm not at a point to fast or just have 1 RM. I eat my CM's and 1 RM. My RM is pretty balanced, but I often squeeze treats into it. My husband said yesterday, "you look skinny". HA I'm not really near skinny territory, but I'm definitely losing something since doing just LOW CARB. Low Carb was so hard when my cravings took over.

I love how I'm eating---it feels organized, easy, manageable in group settings, and I can stop feeling like certain food is illegal.
My husband called me skinny, too. What a nerd!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

no, the judging thing in my statement wasn't directed at anyone. I was just saying that everyone does their "diet" a little different and it's cool by me! No worries.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

yeah, skinny is funny, but I'll take it! And...I just had a little Entenmann's pound cake with ice cream and chocolate sauce last night with my salmon/brown rice/green beans dinner!!! oh deliciousness....
Old 03-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

So I figured out my calories for the day. I had 1010 calories at my RM, but only a total of 1528 calories for the day. My fat and protein were double the recommended amount, my carbs were half the recommended amount (per Livestrong guidelines). I think that is good. 52 grams of sugar total for the day, all at my RM. I "accidentally" had four teaspoons of Hershey chocolate syrup because there is no dessert in this dang house til Friday. Eating 1500 calories before this was practically impossible for me to survive on. Its nice to know that I am now consistently eating way less and its e-a-s-y.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
That is a very prophetic statement. Why do we humans think we are inventing the wheel, over.....and over......and over......

Fashions are not new.....they are recycled with variations.......

etc, etc, etc
Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
So I figured out my calories for the day. I had 1010 calories at my RM, but only a total of 1528 calories for the day. My fat and protein were double the recommended amount, my carbs were half the recommended amount (per Livestrong guidelines). I think that is good. 52 grams of sugar total for the day, all at my RM. I "accidentally" had four teaspoons of Hershey chocolate syrup because there is no dessert in this dang house til Friday. Eating 1500 calories before this was practically impossible for me to survive on. Its nice to know that I am now consistently eating way less and its e-a-s-y.
I entered mine today too just for giggles. I only ate 2 meals, not hungry at all either. I think I like to feel *full* after a meal, where with the several small meals you never get that.

I had 1484, so basically the same as you and I had yummy food!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Sheila does eat fruit and veggies. That was just one rm example I gave. She has had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, cake.........one day was rainsin bran cereal, 2 bananas, potato chips and cheese cake. You see some days she is balanced and some not but she always eats a lot. Also she has very low cholesterol and her blood pressure is low. Believe me I have asked her about every question. She doesn't like posting on the yahoo board or this one because she said it was depressing seeing all the CADers starting to count calories and being very strict on the 1/3 1/3 1/3. She believes that the original diet, the way Rachael lost, was fasting and eating one meal a day and that is how she lost 100 pounds in a year and kept it off. She has maintained for 5 years. To me that is proof enough. SHe posts me quite regularly about her rms. Most have some sort of veggie and she usually has about 2 pcs. of fruit if she feels like it. She doesn't have "good" food "bad" foods and she doesn't weigh herself every day any more either but every time she has an opportunity like at the doctor, ect. she is 128 pounds and 5'4".
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Lotus what show was that about the fruitarian. I was really into it at one time . It is almost cultish.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

It was a segment on a show called "The Food Hospital" I saw it on youtube but now can't find any episodes! That was only about 3 days ago! I think they have all been removed. The man looked great and was happy on it, just his bones were paying the price. He is not changing though...he likes to eat like a monkey he said!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

I got a little discouraged too but someone please tell me this happens to them. I ran 18, yes 18 miles yesterday, had one meal at 11 a.m. and nothing else not because I tried not to but I just wasn't hungry. I did have a decent rm but it was only 1700 calories. I had a cheese burger with the works, and 2 lg. carrot cake cupcakes from Costco. Don't tell me I gained 1/2 pound because it wasn't balanced because I ate this same meal and lost last week. Can anyone explain?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope. Only thing I can think is water retention.

You amaze me being able to run like that!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I got a little discouraged too but someone please tell me this happens to them. I ran 18, yes 18 miles yesterday, had one meal at 11 a.m. and nothing else not because I tried not to but I just wasn't hungry. I did have a decent rm but it was only 1700 calories. I had a cheese burger with the works, and 2 lg. carrot cake cupcakes from Costco. Don't tell me I gained 1/2 pound because it wasn't balanced because I ate this same meal and lost last week. Can anyone explain?
Oriana, no that is not happening to me (the 18 mile runs! LOL) but yes, the gain yes to us all. If you did the same exact exercise and same exact meal every day for a month you would have days that you lose and days that you gain. Don't worry!

MIW
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

I don't think I have run 18 combined miles in my entire life, let alone 18 miles in one day. You are Amazing!!!