Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Thank you everyone for your kind words

I am so glad you all are digging being on CAD. I just love not having food be in control and how it really seems that you can eat to live, not live to eat kind of thing once you get the hormones all in alignment. Why don't more medical doctors understand this? It could really help people out earlier in life and make a big difference. Oh well...

Today I have so much energy. Cleaned my minivan from top to bottom. Absolutely horrendous and not for the faint of heart to be scrubbing out of the carpet the things my kids spill and grind into it...LOL

Also, the usual barn chores. Oh ya, it's 1200 and I haven't even eaten anything yet and am not even hungry!!!

MIW who is now 220 every day and holding tight. Fingers crossed for a new "low" week

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAndrea
Stats: 253.6/253.6/165
I don't know if it is everybody, or just me, but I am starving all day every day unless I am doing low carb. Anything else and I am starving and binging and starving and crying and eating a whole box of cookies. Plus 6 pieces of toast and a container of cottage cheese. All at the same time! I am positive that this has something to do with my insulin levels. After all, everybody in my family (over 50-ish) has type II diabetes. All of them. I am 35 right now. Wouldn't it be lovely if I could skip the diabetic jail sentence?

Did anyone see the Dr. Oz episode where they talked about chromium supplements regulating insulin? It looks promising. It is allegedly supposed to cause a lot of weight loss as well.
LowCarbAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ladysilverpatch
Stats: 249/206/168
WOE: whole foods/lc/fast-5
Start Date: Jan 2001
Yes, that's a great benefit--no cravings. Certainly helps me. I'm eating LC/CAD within a Fast 5 IF. It really is working well. I don't feel deprived and my hunger is under control. It must be the insulin control. Love it.
Ladysilverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Yea....the chromium needs to be GTF Chromium.....it's the one the Heller's talk about in the CALP book. DH and I are taking it.....oh great news!!!! DH is working on a new low week! He is on track to avg. below 360! That means 50 pounds lost!!!! He is very pumped!
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
For his new low!!!! Thats great!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
everyone is doing so awesome! I might have gotten myself derailed today because I went out to lunch with a friend to Friendly's! We'll see. I had a salad, but it's the darn breaded chicken that I ate! I have learned through low carb that personally, I have to stay away from breaded foods and fruit. They contribute to my cravings throughout the day. That is why I am loving CAD---I had a sensible dinner last night and a piece of chocolate almond bark----no cravings.

I love not feeling the urge to eat after dinner! I feel successful when I don't snack.

So, we'll see. I'm back on the rails now and I'm not letting that breaded chicken in my salad get me down!

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, maybe just count that as you RM? Have a LC dinner. Back on plan for the day!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Yes, you are right! I can do that. I really want to try to keep my RM consistent...don't want to confuse my body too much too soon....does that seem to help everyone when your RM is the same all the time?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

I think my body is in constant confusion anyway...

Yes I did see somewhere that keeping it at the same time was best, but if you want to salvage the day you could just do that. Although I would feel like I wasted a RM! Should have ordered dessert too!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

exactly!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

One day does not derail you......that's the beauty of this WOE........don't beat yourself up....we've all (at least I have) "fallen"......trick is to get right back on plan....
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

3pups you are right...there is a beauty to this woe!

Why aren't there more CADDERS out there? I see ALOT OF ATKINS AND JUDDERS....... Are people afraid of the RM? I'm not, I think it's a wonderful "trick" up my sleeve!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post

Why aren't there more CADDERS out there? I see ALOT OF ATKINS AND JUDDERS....... Are people afraid of the RM? I'm not, I think it's a wonderful "trick" up my sleeve!
thats a cute way to put it! And so true!

Don't know why there aren't more

I was so good today and then....I ate like 15 hershey kisses....eh oh well! Actually the rest of the day was spot on so I am not even counting those
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Today as an objective look (I do this from time to time) I kept track of my calories. On CAD where I was eating 3 times a day, I was ingesting 2300-2600 calories a day. For the first few weeks I was losing on that amount and then just was maintaining. What kind of diet is that where you can eat that much and not gain!!! LOVE IT

So now that I am combining CAD/CALP with eating only 2 times a day, I am eating 1580-1775 calories a day. Much closer (yet WAAAAYYY more satisfying) to the ranges for most "diets" that restrict calories. I am still eating what I please and in what amounts I feel I want. I even went back for more "goodies" and that is what brought me up from the 1580 to the 1775 for my total.

I feel really good about this WOE. NO HUNGER AT ALL. No thinking about food AT ALL. No counting a single carb, calorie, etc (except what I did today for objectivity). Eating lots of great protein and veggies, herbal teas and water, then also my "whatever I feel like" carbs of choice at my dinner/RM. I am on track to be down again this week. Love love love it!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 02-28-2013 at 07:25 PM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

You know, I honestly think it is because they've tasted the Low Carb koolaid and are afraid it is too good to be true. My one friend is a strict low carber and also does a 5-6 hour eating window (IF) and says she will binge on any carbs whatsoever so it is more of a mental thing not having it in the house.

I know for myself I would assume I would do the same thing but it just isn't the case. I try to tell everyone you feel just fine and satisfied. If you feel like chocolate/pizza/wine and cheese/fill in your carb of choice here______ etc that you have some a feel fine and stop. It is like a magic switch gets turned on once your insulin levels sort themselves all out the first few days.

I wish more people, LC or otherwise either A) knew about CAD/CALP and B) for those who do be brave enough to try it.

The other thing is that a lot of LC diets and people who do low carb are still used to the "standard" way of eating and dieting where they think it is ok to graze or better to do the 6 small meals a day thing. I think they don't like the "idea" of only eating 2-3 times a day. They like being able to meter out their carbs the way they want to. I have tried to argue that physiologically it is actually better for us Insulin Resistant folks to limit ANY insulin release and CAD does that perfectly with the minimal eating. No start/stop, snack/graze, sipping on your SF breves all day, then eating an Atkins bar followed by a "low carb" yogurt and some strawberries. It is practically like WW counting points and calories except the low carb version! LOL

I will never give this up. I will never be defensive to other LC folks about his WOE. The Heller's studied this WOE as how it pertained to Insulin Resistance and it is a physiological marvel.

MIW
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

BRAVO MIW!! Very well stated. I, too, can't seem to grasp the fact that more people aren't following CAD. It just seems to work so perfectly. Oh well, eventually, the light will dawn.....just like it did with the low fat debacle.....wasn't that a kick? What a waste of time.....and so many gained pounds!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

After doing a little bit of research, I am hoping that this chromium is the basic same thing is GFT chromium, because I ordered it a few days ago before I saw your response 3pups!

Amazon.com: Now Foods, ChromeMate 180 Capsules: Health &...Amazon.com: Now Foods, ChromeMate 180 Capsules: Health &...
I am really really happy about this whole thing today. I honestly feel like this is the easiest thing I have ever done to lose weight, bar none! It's actually quite ridiculous. Right now, in the new stages of this woe, I feel that cheating is a joke. I mean, who would/could cheat when you get a whole hour to "cheat" every day? I am sure I will run into obstacles, but right now it just seems kind of humorous. (I am sure I will fall victim to afternoon chocolate some day.)

Anyway, I finally got the book in the mail and realized I was snacking when I should not have been - having 2 string cheeses per day between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. I cut that out and dropped like 2 more pounds right away. It has been a little over a week - not sure what day I started - and I am 5 pounds down. Nothing to shake a stick at yet, but it was the easiest 5 pounds I have ever lost! =D

HOORAY!

Oh, and by the way... A few days ago I went to McDonalds and ordered a diet coke and a double cheeseburger for lunch. I was going to throw the buns out and eat it without. Anyway, I took a big long thirst quenching drink of my allegedly diet soda, only to find out they accidentally gave me regular coke. That happened to me once when I was doing Weight Watchers - and I believe it was the catalyst that ultimately made me give up on that plan (and I was about 50 pounds down). I was probably looking for an excuse. Anyway, when this happened to me a few days ago, I just turned that into my RM and went on with my life. It was AMAZING to be able to LIVE and BE and eat and lose weight without worrying. =)
Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

WE ARE DOING AWESOME ON CAD!

I had my rm midday today at my grandma's, so nice to not pass up homemade stuffing. I didn't eat too much, just enough. And to have dessert with my daughter. Simply, nice.

I guess I'm a "family eater", I mean I love eating good food with good people. Now I just pick which meal I can add my carbs in. It's not hard, I mean, I have to put thought into it, but I was doing that anyway with low carb ...... oh and I'm not missing my fruit as of yet.

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea View Post
After doing a little bit of research, I am hoping that this chromium is the basic same thing is GFT chromium, because I ordered it a few days ago before I saw your response 3pups!

Amazon.com: Now Foods, ChromeMate 180 Capsules: Health & Personal Care

I am really really happy about this whole thing today. I honestly feel like this is the easiest thing I have ever done to lose weight, bar none! It's actually quite ridiculous. Right now, in the new stages of this woe, I feel that cheating is a joke. I mean, who would/could cheat when you get a whole hour to "cheat" every day? I am sure I will run into obstacles, but right now it just seems kind of humorous. (I am sure I will fall victim to afternoon chocolate some day.)

Anyway, I finally got the book in the mail and realized I was snacking when I should not have been - having 2 string cheeses per day between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. I cut that out and dropped like 2 more pounds right away. It has been a little over a week - not sure what day I started - and I am 5 pounds down. Nothing to shake a stick at yet, but it was the easiest 5 pounds I have ever lost! =D

HOORAY!

Oh, and by the way... A few days ago I went to McDonalds and ordered a diet coke and a double cheeseburger for lunch. I was going to throw the buns out and eat it without. Anyway, I took a big long thirst quenching drink of my allegedly diet soda, only to find out they accidentally gave me regular coke. That happened to me once when I was doing Weight Watchers - and I believe it was the catalyst that ultimately made me give up on that plan (and I was about 50 pounds down). I was probably looking for an excuse. Anyway, when this happened to me a few days ago, I just turned that into my RM and went on with my life. It was AMAZING to be able to LIVE and BE and eat and lose weight without worrying. =)

keep us posted on any results from the chromium
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WE ARE DOING AWESOME ON CAD!

I had my rm midday today at my grandma's, so nice to not pass up homemade stuffing. I didn't eat too much, just enough. And to have dessert with my daughter. Simply, nice.

I guess I'm a "family eater", I mean I love eating good food with good people. Now I just pick which meal I can add my carbs in. It's not hard, I mean, I have to put thought into it, but I was doing that anyway with low carb ...... oh and I'm not missing my fruit as of yet.

Keep up the good work!
yes me too!!!

CAD is great huh?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

lotus---it's wonderful!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

HOORAY!

Andrea, W2G!!! I am so proud of you

This WOE is really a WOL. It is so easy to NOT get derailed. I too did WW for many years off and on and was always so miserable. I think the reason this WOE is so easy to stick with because it really is fool-proof. And, what other diet has it where you physically feel so good, full, satisfied, not hungry, etc. Even if you have an oopsie, there is no reason to spiral out of control like I too have done on WW because really nothing is off limits. It really is to just pick up, move on, and start over again the next day back on track. There is no calorie overage, no food is off limits, etc. With WW, it would be like, "Dang it, I went over my points!" On this, you eat as many calories as you feel like eating, without even having to count them! No food is off limits as a No-No- we get to decide what we are hankering for and can eat it everyday! Love love love it. Keep it up!

MIW
Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

HOORAY!

The Heller's specifically mentioned Glucose Tolerance Factor chromium (Biologically Active) because they felt it had been studied the most and specifically for Insulin Resistance. However, most forms of chromium have been studied to a degree and most also look promising for being helpful with weight loss. Even if it is not the GTF chromium, just finish up what you have, and next time get some of the GTF. No biggie.

MIW
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Down 0.57 lbs from last week! I really think the IF along with CAD is what my particular metabolism needs. Doing fairly well with the hunger, this morning a bit hungry compared to the last week which was pretty much no hunger at all. Not sure if it was a later than usual dinner, or the stress of being gone at work the last 3 days, another stressor family-wise or what. Just going to drink my tea and water all morning and power past it.

March goals:

Maybe finally start some sustained exercise. I am very active as an RN, taking care of kids and farm duties at home- but none of it is really sustained cardio (ie fat-burning) type exercise so going to see about baby step of maybe once or twice a week getting out for some walks.

Of course would love to set a goal on some poundage coming off but I am not willing to be restrictive of myself in anyway to do that. Maintaining here and there and super slow weight loss is ok for me- for now...

MIW
Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

MIW ---love your march goals!

This WOL is so wonderful and I feel the same about slowly losing lbs without deprivation. On other Low Carb Plans---I always felt hungry especially in the evening. I would hear from others----"eat more fat". Well, in the evening eating peanut butter or cream cheese or trying to make fat bombs or lc dessert wasn't cutting it - I would turn to chocolate covered almonds and binge - not good!

I like eating my low carb meals during the day and getting to eat a so called "regular" --hearty meal with a sweet treat (if I want to). I haven't felt the need to eat before bed. That has been a blessing for me! I made a cake last night and told my daughter it's for after dinner Monday night----so excited. She is too.

There is a good place for cake (or any carb of your choice) in this life, that's my opinion of course. I just have to be mindful and informed, no guilt, no obsessing needed.

A March Goal - prepare salads for lunch the night before!

Last edited by 4myfuture; 03-04-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

My RM is not currently balanced. I am waiting for that until I stall out on what I am doing. I woke up 2 pounds lighter this morning! This, after eating 1-1/2 bowls of broccoli cheddar soup, 4 pieces of garlic bread, 1/2 of a huge symphony bar with toffee and almonds, and about 25 black jelly beans.

I need to at least start eating less because I noticed that I am forcing food down now at the RM - it doesn't fit anymore! Tonight I am going to have a balanced RM, just to try it out and see if I survive... I know... I'm a baby!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

LCAndrea----Sometimes I feel like I have to rush to eat my dessert....do you feel like that? It's comical at times......I don't eat a lot, but I feel like I'm ON THE CLOCK!

Great job on the 2 lb loss!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Yes I do. My husband watches me. He thinks its funny. He keeps saying things like "take a break" and I'm like "I don't have time!" But I end up eating everything I want in about 20 minutes. LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

High pitched voice sayin': WOOT WOOT WOOT

218lbs today

MIW
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #420