Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
That must have felt good to write!!! Good job Karen!!!!!!!!!!
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #302
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
That must have felt good to write!!! Good job Karen!!!!!!!!!!
It did!!!!! I feel really good about the weight project right now!!! And been feeling I was on the right path since September. Feels really good!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Thanks everyone. I was wondering why I gained 3 pounds after running a marathon (26.2 miles). Yes I did have salty foods but only ate around 3000 calories which isn't much considering it was my only meal of the day after the race PLUS I must have burned more than that. In the past when I would see a 3 pound gain I would go off CAD thinking it didn't work. Then I wanted to throw my scale out too for making me go off of it for the 10th time! I am switching things up a bit only by accident though. The last 2 days I have not had time to eat and only ate one meal that being my rm. I was so full on less than the norm and more content so I am going to stick with my one meal a day. It is kind of intermittant fasting and eating one meal a day like Dr. Heller did at first but still CAD.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Thanks everyone. I was wondering why I gained 3 pounds after running a marathon (26.2 miles). Yes I did have salty foods but only ate around 3000 calories which isn't much considering it was my only meal of the day after the race PLUS I must have burned more than that. In the past when I would see a 3 pound gain I would go off CAD thinking it didn't work. Then I wanted to throw my scale out too for making me go off of it for the 10th time! I am switching things up a bit only by accident though. The last 2 days I have not had time to eat and only ate one meal that being my rm. I was so full on less than the norm and more content so I am going to stick with my one meal a day. It is kind of intermittant fasting and eating one meal a day like Dr. Heller did at first but still CAD.
Yes....the salt is a culprit. I have been sick with flu, and salt tastes good, so going to take a lb or 2 to get better.
I did IF for a time, but I got to where I would get dizzy or fuzzy before my window opened back up. I do not have that issue with this way of eating.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #305
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
This was one of the questions I was going to ask today! I started CALP yesterday and found it very doable, but this morning the scale was up 1 pound. Yes, I had BBQ last night with a rub on it so there is the salt, plus a few other salty things. My other question is this: should I see a bit of a gain in the beginning because of the switch my body is going through with this WOE, is this normal? I'm not freaking at all, but just curious and now can understand why they say to do an average of the week and not worry about the day to day weight ups and downs.

What I did find amazing yesterday was my lack of wanting to snack! I had my fav donut in my RM and then that was it for the night, didn't want anything else! NOT something that happens very often, let me tell you and I'm just amazed it already is sticking in my head since I'm a terrible night eater!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
This was one of the questions I was going to ask today! I started CALP yesterday and found it very doable, but this morning the scale was up 1 pound. Yes, I had BBQ last night with a rub on it so there is the salt, plus a few other salty things. My other question is this: should I see a bit of a gain in the beginning because of the switch my body is going through with this WOE, is this normal? I'm not freaking at all, but just curious and now can understand why they say to do an average of the week and not worry about the day to day weight ups and downs.

What I did find amazing yesterday was my lack of wanting to snack! I had my fav donut in my RM and then that was it for the night, didn't want anything else! NOT something that happens very often, let me tell you and I'm just amazed it already is sticking in my head since I'm a terrible night eater!
I would say yes. My body has done that the 2 times I have started CAD. (Fell off....what can I say)
The second time, I knew I had gained the first week of CAD the previous start, so I was more careful about (or slower) in adding carbs back in. Then I only gained 1 or 2 lbs before started down. But do NOT give up. I am a true believer that this works, if you give it some time and dedication. But it does not require a lot of "work" to stay on.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I would say yes. My body has done that the 2 times I have started CAD. (Fell off....what can I say)
The second time, I knew I had gained the first week of CAD the previous start, so I was more careful about (or slower) in adding carbs back in. Then I only gained 1 or 2 lbs before started down. But do NOT give up. I am a true believer that this works, if you give it some time and dedication. But it does not require a lot of "work" to stay on.
Just what I needed to hear! I'm not giving up but will watch the carbs at my RM meals, as you suggested. After being full and then still eating that creme filled donut probably was not a good idea!

Thanks for the info and advice!!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Just what I needed to hear! I'm not giving up but will watch the carbs at my RM meals, as you suggested. After being full and then still eating that creme filled donut probably was not a good idea!

Thanks for the info and advice!!
Probably true, but as long as in the 1 hour, it may save a snack crave later.

I think it just takes the body a little time to adjust to having carbs again. May retain a little water for few days, or something (I am not a nutrition-guru) But I know I am full and happy most days. Been having bouts with the flu, and that has been messing with appetites, but hopefully over all that for the winter
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #309

Quote:
Probably true, but as long as in the 1 hour, it may save a snack crave later.

I think it just takes the body a little time to adjust to having carbs again. May retain a little water for few days, or something (I am not a nutrition-guru) But I know I am full and happy most days. Been having bouts with the flu, and that has been messing with appetites, but hopefully over all that for the winter
Sorry to hear you are under the weather and hope you feel better really soon!

I think my problem was not introducing carbs again but just eating WAY too many carbs in the last 7 months with my binging issues that surfaced about 4 months from starting JUDDD. While JUDDD IS an amazing WOE, it triggered a binging issue for me that has taken months to first figure out and then try to tame. Having 2 LC meals and then a regular meal seems to be working so well for me in many ways! CALP is helping with my urge to binge and it has not been in play for the last 2 nights, my worst binging times. I am also finding I'm actually doing the 8 Hour Diet without even trying. Not hungry until about 10 or 11 am and then I just finish dinner around 7 and I'm done for the night. No cravings either at night right now, just a bit of hunger that is VERY manageable during the between of meals. I don't feel that "restriction" feeling as I have on other WOE because even though I limit my carbs a lot during 2 meals, that 3rd meal allows me carbs so I'm not feeling deprived. I know I can have those carbs later and this is a good mind set for me.

I'm sticking around for now, seeing what my average is at the end of the week. I am giving my body time to adjust. I am noticing that my hunger is down already, a good sign that this WOE could be a good fit for me!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #310
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shushy
Stats: 266/256/150
WOE: CALP
Start Date: February 2013
Hi everyone , I am new here , I am a past low carber , I used to follow south beach . I have been following CALP now for a week , I originally tripped upon this program researching the low carb benefit for kids and read the Kellers book for kids . My son has lost 8 pounds this week and I lost 4 , so we are going to try and stick with it .
shushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #311

OK!! The scale is down and the binge issue is under control, finally!! I'm very happy and am enjoying my "not" thinking about food, calories, restrictions and "cheating" anymore.

It really is a wonderful feeling I'm having now that I may have found something that TRULY works for me, my head and my body. I have had a headache and stomach issues since starting this BUT I knew this would happen with the big cutback I have done on carbs. Today is MUCH better and I'm feeling physically and mentally better than I have felt in months! My body is in a "cleanse", I can feel it and I'm looking forward to steady days ahead of just eating when I'm truly hungry and not eating just to eat!

Today I'm
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy View Post
Hi everyone , I am new here , I am a past low carber , I used to follow south beach . I have been following CALP now for a week , I originally tripped upon this program researching the low carb benefit for kids and read the Kellers book for kids . My son has lost 8 pounds this week and I lost 4 , so we are going to try and stick with it .
Just out of curiosity, what kind of diet do the hellers advocate for kids?
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #313
Junior LCF Member

it is the same diet as CALP , there is a jump start that is 2 cm per day a snack and reward meal , just like the adult version .
There is also a slower program where you remove the processed carbs and replace it with complex carbs , also start adding more veg

My kid started out on jump start , but I found that he doesnt like a lot of vegetables and was worried that he wasn't getting enough nutrition , so we added a whole fruit smoothie to the morning breakfast made with greek yogurt , half a banana and strawberries or mango , his lunch is low carb usually meat, cheese and carrot sticks or celery with dip , and supper always starts with a salad and includes a protein and vegetable as well as either half a chocolate bar or a small bowl of ice cream for desert .
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
it is the same diet as CALP , there is a jump start that is 2 cm per day a snack and reward meal , just like the adult version .
There is also a slower program where you remove the processed carbs and replace it with complex carbs , also start adding more veg

My kid started out on jump start , but I found that he doesnt like a lot of vegetables and was worried that he wasn't getting enough nutrition , so we added a whole fruit smoothie to the morning breakfast made with greek yogurt , half a banana and strawberries or mango , his lunch is low carb usually meat, cheese and carrot sticks or celery with dip , and supper always starts with a salad and includes a protein and vegetable as well as either half a chocolate bar or a small bowl of ice cream for desert .
Interesting. Are you also balancing your reward meal and exercising? I'd love to buddy up with you since I'm also starting CAD.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #315
Junior LCF Member

I am balancing my reward meals , i try to stay low carb on those as well , except for my little desert

I am starting from the couch to 5k this week

I would love to buddy up , it is hard to find people doing this woe .
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am balancing my reward meals , i try to stay low carb on those as well , except for my little desert

I am starting from the couch to 5k this week

I would love to buddy up , it is hard to find people doing this woe .
I was just thinking I wanted to go low carb on my RM and then do dessert too. I want to start turbo fire which is high interval cardio. Yes let's buddy up!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolPsych1979 View Post
I was just thinking I wanted to go low carb on my RM and then do dessert too. I want to start turbo fire which is high interval cardio. Yes let's buddy up!
this thread doesn't seem very active ...... , well I did my running and crunches this am , I feel great ! I'm not sure if anyone posts their food journal , but if no one minds , I would like to and would like any constructive feedback .

cm-coffee with heavy cream, 3 egg whites , ham , green pepper and mushroom cooked in 2 tbls butter
cm- cucumbers , celery and 1/8 slice of chicken crust low carb pizza ( recipe from the lighter side 1carb per serving )
RM- salad , beef & mushroom crockpot stew , 2 tbsp mash potato , broccoli sauteed in garlic , 1 scoop rolo ice cream
total calories 1265 ( i know we are not supposed to count , but i do want to make sure I do not go over 1500 per day , i still believe that we need to create a deficit to lose , no matter the program )
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #318

Quote:
this thread doesn't seem very active ...... , well I did my running and crunches this am , I feel great ! I'm not sure if anyone posts their food journal , but if no one minds , I would like to and would like any constructive feedback .

cm-coffee with heavy cream, 3 egg whites , ham , green pepper and mushroom cooked in 2 tbls butter
cm- cucumbers , celery and 1/8 slice of chicken crust low carb pizza ( recipe from the lighter side 1carb per serving )
RM- salad , beef & mushroom crockpot stew , 2 tbsp mash potato , broccoli sauteed in garlic , 1 scoop rolo ice cream
total calories 1265 ( i know we are not supposed to count , but i do want to make sure I do not go over 1500 per day , i still believe that we need to create a deficit to lose , no matter the program )
Your menu sounds yummy! I have not been hungry all day today so I had a half a chicken breast and some string cheese for my first CM meal. Going to have my RM meal at about 4 since I'm working tonight and a small CM meal later if I'm hungry. I'm liking this WOE and the fact I am not even thinking about food, thus no binging now! Thanks the powers that be!!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #319
Junior LCF Member

IAKAREN , your avatar looks exactly like my niece
Old 02-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Shushy I think your menu looks great! Feel free to post away! Sometimes it helps me to do that too. Keeps me honest if I have to come and tell someone!

Last edited by lotus33; 02-12-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member

cm-coffee with heavy cream
cm- cukes , celery , boccancini , baked chicken wings dipped in buffalo sauce
RM- salad in ceasar dressing , zucchini with broiled cherry tomatoes tossed in EVOO , basil paste and garlic with a sprinkle of parm , pastaless eggplant lasagna , scoop of rolo ice cream

very , very fullllllll
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hi everyone. Glad to see all the new posters! I have been busy this week having fun shopping and doing my make up. That is one of my "new" old passions that I have kind of got caught in the exhausted mother cycle and stopped taking care of my appearance. I grew up in a house full of men and didn't even have female cousins around so never learned how to accesorize, do make up, etc properly that a lot of women probably take for granted. I feel hopeless sometimes but I love youtube and there are so many great tutorials out there on doing make up which I am so greatful for.

I've been hoping to see the scale go down a bit more but I have really hit a plateau these last 6 weeks gaining and losing the same amounts but not making any real headway. I love not being hungry, eating what I like, no cravings. I think however I have finally squeezed every last bit out of the amount of food I am consuming and being able to lose and may have to dial it back a notch or two since my metabolism has adjusted and doesn't want me to shed anymore at my current eating regimen. I am fine with it for the most part since my measurements continue to slowly decrease, my rings feel looser each day, and I am starting to get more notices now from people at work so I know something must be right!

MIW

Last edited by Makeitwork; 02-12-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
IAKAREN , your avatar looks exactly like my niece
My DD24. And home-raised horse.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I check in every day. Really busy this time of year, so I only post if I have something worth adding into the conversations.....
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
My DD24. And home-raised horse.
they look so beautiful when jumping , i love those pics !
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Back on track today after some more reward at the RM than was necessary!

Took full advantage of fat Tuesday apparently!

Adding in some more fitness today and trying to find some sort of schedule that will work in life! Its hard for me to fit that in for sure!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Your menu sounds yummy! I have not been hungry all day today so I had a half a chicken breast and some string cheese for my first CM meal. Going to have my RM meal at about 4 since I'm working tonight and a small CM meal later if I'm hungry. I'm liking this WOE and the fact I am not even thinking about food, thus no binging now! Thanks the powers that be!!

I love to cook when I have time , I have taken on the project of finding healthy low carb , whole food recipes and making up some of my own , it keeps me focused and satisfied .
I did low carb before and got very bored with the meal plan , so although I do not have cravings , I do not want to get bored and retreat to old habits.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #328
Junior LCF Member

2km very brisk walk this am outside in the snow with many inclines

cm- 3 egg whites , 1 slice light havarti , 3 pices maple leaf microwave bacon

cm- organic chicken broth with bok choy , portabella and homemade pork/ginger meatballs ( no breadcrumbs )

RM- 2 skinless chicken drumsticks dipped in coconut flour mixed with unsweetened organic coconut , roasted cauliflower , arugala with apples and avocado with a honey/balsamic vinagrette , 2 peanut butter cups

total calories 1297
Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Does anyone know how Rachel is doing with her intermitten fasting (IF)? I am curious. Today I only had my morning CM around 9am and now at 5:30pm eating my RM. Thinking about getting them closer together and doing only 1 CM and a RM and see if that will kick my weight loss up a notch without having to keep better track of my RM... Just a thought...

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Intermittent Fasting Plans 2013

Here is the IF thread. I didn't read through it but you can see how others are doing.

I guess I will go back over there and see what all this IF is about!