Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Makeitwork
Stats: 235/212/140
WOE: One meal a day CAD style
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I am doing Original CAD, and I don't worry about balancing veggies, etc. If some food sounds good, I eat it. Be that veggies, fruit, or carbs. I just stay away from snacks, and stick to 2 CMs and 1 RM rule.

I eat what sounds good. I have noticed that my cravings for sugar are GONE. Has taken 5 months, but well worth it.

CAD guidelines are more vague than CALP but the Heller's said it should be "balanced" even though they didn't spell it out as well as they did in the CALP book. The original CAD had 4 "plans" and one actually did say to start with a salad. I think the part most of us remember is the line, "Make your RM your daily feast, not a daily binge." The rest we forgot.

The 4 plans have you add or take away the CM snack, or even a meal if you are not losing at all or are losing too fast.

I just wanted to point that out to anyone who might not have read the books since they might not be aware of some of the things we discuss as to the differences of nuance from CAD vs. CALP.

There is also the individual's own personal version of CAD which is what a lot of us follow like Karen discussed. You take it day by day and eat what you feel like. For a lot of us it works and we still lose even if it is not balanced. But you can't then complain "CAD dosen't work! I'm not losing!" etc.

You have to do the daily wts to monitor yourself, and figure out things that are triggering weight stalls or gain. (Caffeine, SF stuff, MSG, unbalanced RM, etc).

MIW

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #272
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeitwork View Post
CAD guidelines are more vague than CALP

There is also the individual's own personal version of CAD which is what a lot of us follow like Karen discussed. You take it day by day and eat what you feel like. For a lot of us it works and we still lose even if it is not balanced. But you can't then complain "CAD dosen't work! I'm not losing!" etc.

You have to do the daily wts to monitor yourself, and figure out things that are triggering weight stalls or gain. (Caffeine, SF stuff, MSG, unbalanced RM, etc).

MIW
This is a good point. And even though my meals may not be "balanced" by some people's standards, but I know I am eating much healthier than I have in the past...........and over the course of several days, I would say I have balanced.

But the major point is the slow weight loss. And I am able to stick to MY plan. So not discouraged because not sticking to a plan!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This is a good point. And even though my meals may not be "balanced" by some people's standards, but I know I am eating much healthier than I have in the past...........and over the course of several days, I would say I have balanced.

But the major point is the slow weight loss. And I am able to stick to MY plan. So not discouraged because not sticking to a plan!
I think that is the beauty of this entire woe. As long as you are reigning in your particular body's insulin release and you are losing weight- that is 100 times better than any other way. You have to adjust it to your body and that is why some drop weight faster and some inch by inch. I know you know what you are doing and how to adapt day to day and get back on plan if you see issues

MIW
Makeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Restarted CAD first of September. I am keeping track of weekly weights, and admit I was lying to myself whenever scale got up over 190, so the first weeks averages are slightly distorted.....

Week ending 9/8 189.75
Week ending 9/15 188.07
Week ending 9/22 188.57
Week ending 9/30 188.00
Week ending 10/07 188.40 (4 days restaurants-road trip)
Week ending 10/14 188.0 (3 days horse show)
Week ending 10/21 188.33
Week Ending 10/28 187.86
Week Ending 11/03 187.21
Week Ending 11/10 186.25
Week Ending 11/17 185.9
Week Ending 11/24 186.35
Week Ending 12/01 185.42
Week Ending 12/08 186.07
Week Ending 12/15 186.21
Week Ending 12/22 185.14
Week Ending 12/29 184.42
Week Ending 1/5/13 185.33
Week Ending 1/12/13 184.71
Week Ending 1/26/13 184.00
Week Ending 2/2/13 183.8
12/31 2006... 2007 ... 2008 ... 2009 ...2010 ...2011... 2012 ... 2013... 2014
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0

Goal of less than 170.0 by Year End 2014.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: celestialfire
Stats: 139/123
WOE: Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
Start Date: February 1, 2013
New to CAD and Low Carb Friends

Hello to all! I am new here and wanted to join the group to find a place of support for my new diet, CAD. I find all of your posts extremely encouraging so a big thank you to the community of nice people here. I have only been on this WOE a few days and I am finding it pretty difficult to maintain. I am still struggling with intense carb cravings, specifically chocolate, as chocolate has been my BFF for at least the last 30 years of my life (I know...I started early! ). I have tried several diets, most recently Calorie Counting where I seen zero results after a month, then South Beach where I just could not stay on the plan as the first couple weeks were so restrictive. I recently discovered Heller's original book, Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, and thought it was a true Godsend! It appeals to me 100%! I LOVE the idea of having one meal a day to eat foods that I love. That sounds manageable to me and the diet just makes plain sense. I truly hope I have found "the one" with this WOE as I feel like I would have nowhere else to go if it doesn't work.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to all of you. Thank you for the support. A lot of times, I feel that since I "only" have 15 lbs to lose, I don't make losing weight as much of a priority as I should. I constantly find myself putting my personal needs last. It doesn't help that family/friends say I look fine and that I don't really need to lose weight, so why put myself through all the trouble? The reality is that while I may still look okay by society's definition, my blood sugar levels are constantly swinging up or down, my energy level is crap, and honestly, I previously could not go an hour without grazing on chocolate. I kept some in my purse, my car, my office, etc. I have been known to buy a month's worth of chocolate from the store so that I would not stress about running out. I have joked for many years that chocolate is to me what cigarettes or alcohol is to others. The reality is that my father died waaaay too young from Diabetes. I grew up watching his pain and suffering. I KNOW from personal experience that sugar is killing me slowly. I am hoping that I can find that extra bit of encouragement here to stay with not only losing weight, but living a balanced life of sugar/carbs. Perhaps I will be able to return the favor down the road and support someone else on CAD once I find my personal path.

All the best and I will be checking the thread often.
celestialfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #276
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialfire View Post
Hello to all! I am new here and wanted to join the group to find a place of support for my new diet, CAD. I find all of your posts extremely encouraging so a big thank you to the community of nice people here. I have only been on this WOE a few days and I am finding it pretty difficult to maintain. I am still struggling with intense carb cravings, specifically chocolate, as chocolate has been my BFF for at least the last 30 years of my life (I know...I started early! ). I have tried several diets, most recently Calorie Counting where I seen zero results after a month, then South Beach where I just could not stay on the plan as the first couple weeks were so restrictive. I recently discovered Heller's original book, Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, and thought it was a true Godsend! It appeals to me 100%! I LOVE the idea of having one meal a day to eat foods that I love. That sounds manageable to me and the diet just makes plain sense. I truly hope I have found "the one" with this WOE as I feel like I would have nowhere else to go if it doesn't work.

I noticed both times I started CAD, that the 1st week or so, I had an adjustment time. And slowly weaning off chocolate is ok on this plan........
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Quote:

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to all of you. Thank you for the support. A lot of times, I feel that since I "only" have 15 lbs to lose, I don't make losing weight as much of a priority as I should. I constantly find myself putting my personal needs last. It doesn't help that family/friends say I look fine and that I don't really need to lose weight, so why put myself through all the trouble? The reality is that while I may still look okay by society's definition, my blood sugar levels are constantly swinging up or down, my energy level is crap, and honestly, I previously could not go an hour without grazing on chocolate. I kept some in my purse, my car, my office, etc. I have been known to buy a month's worth of chocolate from the store so that I would not stress about running out. I have joked for many years that chocolate is to me what cigarettes or alcohol is to others. The reality is that my father died waaaay too young from Diabetes. I grew up watching his pain and suffering. I KNOW from personal experience that sugar is killing me slowly. I am hoping that I can find that extra bit of encouragement here to stay with not only losing weight, but living a balanced life of sugar/carbs. Perhaps I will be able to return the favor down the road and support someone else on CAD once I find my personal path.

Glad you joined us! Lots of great info on this site and some great people as well!

Do you have diabetes or just an addiction to the chocolate?
lotus33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
I'm back with my tail between my legs. OH PLEASE tell me this works.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

I have had binge issues too.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
I'm back with my tail between my legs. OH PLEASE tell me this works.
It works................I am 181 this morning. That is down 10 lbs since September, and this is eating in MY life. This is the lowest I have been since 2009........I do not always stick with solid CAD. It doesn't always fit. But I am in this for the long run. I am trying to stick as close as possible, and I am noticing a definite reduction in my sugar/chocolate cravings. And Cheetos did not even taste good the other night during my RM. That is amazing.......I have always been a Cheetos addict.

There will be good days, and not so good days, but if you stick with it and are patient, I am thoroughly convinced this is a life-time way of eating that I can stick with, and eventually loose the weight that has taken me 26 years to put on........(my son is 26)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3pupsmom
Stats: 228/213/175
WOE: CAD WOL
Start Date: Aug. 29, 2012
Celestialfire...welcome! DH and I have been doing CAD since Sept. and he has lost 45 pounds...I have lost 15....all without starving or feeling like we're dieting or deprived. This is the best we have ever done losing weight! You can do this! I was/am a CHOCOHOLIC. I could not go more than a couple of hours without it. Now, I can still have chocolate when I want, at my RM, but I don't NEED it like before. The irrational craving is GONE! You are going to love that fact... I was totally amazed!

Oriana.....welcome back to the site/WOE....we've all been there....just jump back in....you'll get there....we're here to help.
3pupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: celestialfire
Stats: 139/123
WOE: Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
Start Date: February 1, 2013
Thanks for all of your posts.

Lotus33, I am not diabetic, however, I lived for several years with hypoglycemia which a lot of doctors believe to be a precursor to diabetes. Through the use of the glycemic index, I learned all about which foods to avoid and which foods to combine for a moderate blood sugar release. Now, years later, I appear to have reversed the constant hypoglycemia. Recently, I have been having sugar swings after meals, from high to low, leaving me cranky, tired and hungry a short time later.

Iakaren, I like the advice you give about being patient. That is a struggle I deal with every day. I feel like it will take me at least a week to get a good rhythm down regarding my CMs and my RM. Shopping at the store has also taken lots of extra attention to make sure I am buying the right foods.

3pupsmom, I don’t mind losing the weight slowing as long as I know it is really coming off. I would rather take 6 months to shed the weight and be happy with a reward meal in the process, than to give myself extremes, say 2 months, to shed the weight and be miserable with intense dieting and exercise. I know I just could not stay on a plan like that.

I was the exact same weight for all of my adult life until life’s stresses got the best of me (father passed unexpectedly, mom had two strokes, etc.). I then found myself sleeping 4-6 hours a night instead of my normal 8 and using sugar/chocolate for fuel. It would really be great to lose the weight because it is also a constant reminder of a sad and depressing time in my life. I would like to burst forward and think about the positives in my future! It is time for me to grow and focus on myself for a while!

Question for you ladies…do you follow the 4 grams of carbs at CMs EXACTLY? My CMs so far have averaged between 6 to 10 carbs. I am really struggling to fit in the 4 gram and under rule unless I eat meat and cheese only and remove the veggies (I never knew how many carbs asparagus, tomatoes and the like had!!).

Thanks to all!

Last edited by celestialfire; 02-07-2013 at 02:21 PM..
celestialfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
...Question for you ladies…do you follow the 4 grams of carbs at CMs EXACTLY? My CMs so far have averaged between 6 to 10 carbs. I am really struggling to fit in the 4 gram and under rule unless I eat meat and cheese only and remove the veggies (I never knew how many carbs asparagus, tomatoes and the like had!!).

Thanks to all!
I don't count carbs at all for anything. I just follow the guidelines in the book. If you scroll back to our first page or two of this group it should have all the veggies and acceptable foods listed in one of our articles posted.

The carb amounts are just to give you an idea and a guideline, but if you just follow "the list" of acceptable stuff, and more importantly avoid the bad stuff you will do just fine!

I am losing my weight now super slow. I am 90+ days in and have lost 15-17lbs depending on the day. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, my measurements are really astounding:

3.5 inches off my bust
4 inches off my waist
3.5 inches off my hips
2.5 inches off my thighs
1.5 inches of my biceps

This is with non-existant exercise other that my normal day to day activities. I believe it really does work and you slowly metabolize the fat away and in the process due to the protein build up muscle which is very much needed as we age and typically wastes away or gets eaten up with low cal diets so I am very happy about this!

MIW
Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
I am considering this WOE. I tried it about 10 years ago and loved it. I didn't balance anything but I did notice after about one week I had no appetite even during my reward meal. I have a long and varied experience with diets and my weight. But I did try low carb eating (Atkins style) but noticed I was depressed and one bite of cake and it was over...

So I am here now and a lot of low carb dieters (very low carb) do not like cad but I am convinced of the science behind it.

My question.... I do need to lose weight quickly because I am in a wedding this summer. I am 247, goal w eight 140. Any suggestions on how to speed things up? Please do not flame my desire to lose quickly. Just positive suggestions/insight. Thank you!
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #285
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks for all of your posts.

Lotus33, I am not diabetic, however, I lived for several years with hypoglycemia which a lot of doctors believe to be a precursor to diabetes. Through the use of the glycemic index, I learned all about which foods to avoid and which foods to combine for a moderate blood sugar release. Now, years later, I appear to have reversed the constant hypoglycemia. Recently, I have been having sugar swings after meals, from high to low, leaving me cranky, tired and hungry a short time later.

Iakaren, I like the advice you give about being patient. That is a struggle I deal with every day. I feel like it will take me at least a week to get a good rhythm down regarding my CMs and my RM. Shopping at the store has also taken lots of extra attention to make sure I am buying the right foods.

3pupsmom, I don’t mind losing the weight slowing as long as I know it is really coming off. I would rather take 6 months to shed the weight and be happy with a reward meal in the process, than to give myself extremes, say 2 months, to shed the weight and be miserable with intense dieting and exercise. I know I just could not stay on a plan like that.

Question for you ladies…do you follow the 4 grams of carbs at CMs EXACTLY? My CMs so far have averaged between 6 to 10 carbs. I am really struggling to fit in the 4 gram and under rule unless I eat meat and cheese only and remove the veggies (I never knew how many carbs asparagus, tomatoes and the like had!!).

Thanks to all!
I personally do NOT count carbs at CMs. But I also know the weight is going to come off slower because of that. And I am ok with that. For example, I do BF of Atkins shake or bacon for 2-3 mornings, and then drop in a toast with peanut butter. Then I try and keep RM little lower carb. I know I don't lose as fast, but I am satisfied with my eating........no cravings and more control over my portions.

Not exactly by the book, but it is working for me, and I do stick with basic principles as much as possible
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Has anyone gained 3 pounds overnight? This is what makes me want to go off plan. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to look at the scale. I was on plan and ate two huge salads yesterday for cms and gained. I am sticking with it but please tell me I am not the only who gains on this. I even did 100 quats and ran 12 miles yesterday.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

MIW did you say you eat more calories now than on WW?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Can I have a couple bowls of cereal for RM if I am not hungry for food? Didn't the Hellers say that it was okay once in awhile to do this if you feel like a breakfast type rm? Also, I wanted some fruit with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #289
Blabbermouth!!!

celestialfire~Oh very good on reversing that! I get bad cravings for sweets too. Like you just can't get enough. I think thats probably an indicator that I am a carb addict! That does seem to go away after awhile. If I am on Atkins though I tend to have chocolate binges as opposed to a little bit here and there and its on plan.
Oh and no I don't count to make sure I am under 4g but it tends to be fairly low.

SchoolPsych1979~
Oh yeah the die hards will always knock anything that is not what they are doing! (a little hint~don't mention RM's in the main lobby )
I have no tips on losing quickly at all but wish you luck!

Oriana~ Uh...yeah your not the only one to ever gain 3 in a day! plus you did all that work out so you know it water! Mines usually because I caved and had a huge plate of nachos or something salty!

Heres a little info~

"Exercise-related water weight gain may show up the next day if you didn't drink enough water during your workout. Thirsty cells in your body can overcompensate by holding onto water from the foods and drinks you consume throughout the rest of the day. You may experience as much as a 3-pound gain from this effect."

As for the cereal, if its going to keep you from totally going off plan I say go for it. I find when I deny too long then I binge. So have a bowl!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207

Last edited by lotus33; 02-08-2013 at 07:39 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

MIW~ is your DH still doing this with you?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus33 View Post
MIW~ is your DH still doing this with you?
Yes Hubby is doing it with me, but he is not following as true as I am. He does not record his weights for tracking, I notice he tends to nurse his coffee most of the morning, he also takes tastes of things between meals (we make wine and he was testing some from a batch and I was like, "You can't do that!" LOL). He has been losing, bouncing up, like the rest of us do but because he is not weekly averaging hard to say how he is doing. Overall he has lost close to 15lbs or so I would say. He is more of a girl about it than me as he doesn't like to tell me what his weight is! LOL

Oriana- Oh yeah you better believe I am eating waaaaayyyy more than WW. I will try to do a daily calorie count for a few days just to give you an idea of my caloric intake. I estimate it is close to 3000 calories, maybe even more some days. That is most likely why my weight is coming off super slow but who can complain when I am eating like this? Slow is better than not at all or gaining! Plus the measurements are changing. I bet if I exercised it would be a much different story

Yes also to the 3 lb thing. Happens to me too. TOM, salty food, water fluctuations, any medications or changes in diet, etc. Too many variables. One or two days I wouldn't worry. Overall weekly trend of going up that much I would clean up my RM a bit and make sure anything I am doing the rest of the day is not the culprit either.

MIW
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #292
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Has anyone gained 3 pounds overnight? This is what makes me want to go off plan. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to look at the scale. I was on plan and ate two huge salads yesterday for cms and gained. I am sticking with it but please tell me I am not the only who gains on this. I even did 100 quats and ran 12 miles yesterday.
Sounds like salt, or just beginning CAD. I had a little of that the first time I started CAD..................this time around I was a little pickier about what I ate for the first few days
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MIW did you say you eat more calories now than on WW?
Oriana- here is my calorie count for the last 2 days. As you can see I eat a lot, and I am well over 2500 cal a day and losing eating like this every day for the last 90 days. Some days I eat more, some days less. This is just a snapshot but you get the idea!

MIW

Day 1- Wednesday, Feb 6th calories:

Breakfast:

1 C celery sticks 25 cal
1 boiled egg 78 cal
3 pc bacon 135 cal
Decaf american with 4 ounces cream 160 cal

Lunch:

Large salad 4 Cups 40 cal
2 oz cheese 160 cal
hamburger pattie 209 cal
3 TBSP salad dsg 210 cal

Dinner:

2 C tortilla chips 560 cal
3 oz mozerella cheese 240 cal
1/2 C nacho cheese sauce 244 cal
1 large costco cinnamon roll 460 cal
1 C sauteed cabbage in bacon grease 127 cal grease/36 cal cabbage

Daily Total: 2684 calories (I was 223lbs the day I ate this, then 221 the next after eating this food)

Day 2- Thursday, Feb 7th calories:

Breakfast:

Decaf americano with 4 ounce cream 160 cal
1 boiled egg 78 cal
3 pc bacon 135 cal
1 C sauteed cabbage in bacon grease 127 cal grease/36 cal cabbage

Lunch:

Hamburger pattie 209 cal
Large salad 4 Cups 40 cal
2 TBSP parmesan cheese 55 cal
3 TBSP Hidden Valley Ranch dressing 210 cal
5 slices diced hard salami 100 cal

Dinner:

1 C celery sticks 25 cal
5 hot wings 316 cal
1 C mashed potatoes 200 cal
2 buttermilk biscuits 180 cal
1 TBSP butter 100 cal
2 TBSP strawberry jam 100 cal
almond-chocolate bark 583 cal

Daily Total: 2654 calories (This day I was 221 lbs, as well as the next which is today, Friday Feb 8th)
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Anyone here not balance their reward meal and lose ok? I have read reviews on some websites and some people lose ok without balancing. Thanks for your input!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolPsych1979 View Post
Anyone here not balance their reward meal and lose ok? I have read reviews on some websites and some people lose ok without balancing. Thanks for your input!
I do not balance my reward meal. I go with what sounds good. Sometimes I eat all green bean casserole, some nights I eat a steak with cookies.......

And I know I will lose slower, but I do Not have to plan or fret about that one meal a day. I figure my body will tell me what it is hungry for.

I have lost 10 lbs since September, but without ever worrying about balancing.... I am happy with that. The original CAD book is not real insistent on balancing the RM, at least in my reading.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I do not balance my reward meal. I go with what sounds good. Sometimes I eat all green bean casserole, some nights I eat a steak with cookies.......

And I know I will lose slower, but I do Not have to plan or fret about that one meal a day. I figure my body will tell me what it is hungry for.

I have lost 10 lbs since September, but without ever worrying about balancing.... I am happy with that. The original CAD book is not real insistent on balancing the RM, at least in my reading.
I think what I'm going to do is "balance" it by having a low carb reward meal and then having dessert. I can do without bread, pasta or rice. It's dessert that I can't give up
Old 02-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #297
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
I am considering this WOE. I tried it about 10 years ago and loved it. I didn't balance anything but I did notice after about one week I had no appetite even during my reward meal. I have a long and varied experience with diets and my weight. But I did try low carb eating (Atkins style) but noticed I was depressed and one bite of cake and it was over...

So I am here now and a lot of low carb dieters (very low carb) do not like cad but I am convinced of the science behind it.

My question.... I do need to lose weight quickly because I am in a wedding this summer. I am 247, goal w eight 140. Any suggestions on how to speed things up? Please do not flame my desire to lose quickly. Just positive suggestions/insight. Thank you!
Dr. Rachel (sp?) Heller reportedly lost most of her weight eating only a RM -one meal per day. I see it as combining IF with the WOE. If that is feasible for you, that may be one thing to look into.

IF didn't work for me due to upset stomach when I finally ate, but may work for you.

I wish you success in finding something that works fast and if you do, please let me know.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #298
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
I've been back on CAD ( trying for CALP with a more balanced RM) for about a week and I'm 2.5 lbs down. Had forgotten the psychological benefits of this WOE......I am the kind of person who constantly self-monitors and berates self for even the tiniest offense. So if I snuck in a bite of potato during dinner, I would freak out and replay same old tracks saying I lack willpower and I can't stick to any diet and I'm a failure ....again - decades-old tracks. Over and over again.

Now, being allowed to have a bit of everything during the RM and knowing i could have something if i waited a couple of hours......the self-disparaging element is removed from my life and I'm much happier. I tend to eat less and the 1-hr. limit reminds me not to overeat mindlessly.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think what I'm going to do is "balance" it by having a low carb reward meal and then having dessert. I can do without bread, pasta or rice. It's dessert that I can't give up
I liked my desserts alot........but they aren't as important now that I have them sometimes. I bought Chocolate silk pie, and could only eat slivers....too much sugar, after I got it all out of my system
Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Restarted CAD first of September. I am keeping track of weekly weights, and admit I was lying to myself whenever scale got up over 190, so the first weeks averages are slightly distorted.....

Week ending 9/8 189.75
Week ending 9/15 188.07
Week ending 9/22 188.57
Week ending 9/30 188.00
Week ending 10/07 188.40 (4 days restaurants-road trip)
Week ending 10/14 188.0 (3 days horse show)
Week ending 10/21 188.33
Week Ending 10/28 187.86
Week Ending 11/03 187.21
Week Ending 11/10 186.25
Week Ending 11/17 185.9
Week Ending 11/24 186.35
Week Ending 12/01 185.42
Week Ending 12/08 186.07
Week Ending 12/15 186.21
Week Ending 12/22 185.14
Week Ending 12/29 184.42
Week Ending 1/5/13 185.33