Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: readyfredy
Stats: 179/177.1/125
WOE: 20-30 Net Carbs per day
Start Date: 7/22/14
Fat Fast?

Morning everyone -

I decided I wanted to try a fat fast for the next 2 days.

Anyone else feel like trying?

Has anyone had success?

What do you eat?

FYI a fat fast is when you limit to 1000 cals per day with 90% coming from fat.
readyfredy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: basketbalhotty22
Stats: 260/240/150
WOE: Atkins Diet/Low Carb
Start Date: November 24, 2012
ill try it with you if somoene explains what it is exactly lol
basketbalhotty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Hi it's a method recommended by Dr. Atkins to break out of a stall. If you are newly on Atkins I might recommend waiting until you hit one.

You limit cals to 1000 and eat foods that have 90% of cals from fat.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 167/147.8/140. 5'6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/2012
What do you eat that is less than 1000 calories but 90% fat? Can't be much.
Gonnaloseitforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Nope!

Fat Fast Ideas And Recipes (Atkins Fat Fast Menu)

There is one further plus to a Fast Fast which I haven’t mentioned. There is very little food preparation involved. None of the ideas or recipes listed below will take you more than 5 minutes to prepare.

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream in a large mug of coffee (I use this to jump start my day and prevent abuse of those near and sometimes dear to me. In the summer I make it the night before and put it in the refrigerator, then pour it over ice. You could also pour it into popsicle molds and freeze it for Coffee Fat Fasticles. Yum!)

4 strips of bacon

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese

1 ounce cream cheese
1 tablespoon sugar free peanut butter
1 tablespoon heavy or whipping cream
10 drops liquid sucralose (or sugar free sweetener of your choice)
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Blend all ingredients in a small bowl.

Serves 1. Approximately 208 calories.

***Note: If you life this one, make up several servings at one time and stick them into the refrigerator in custard cups for individual servings. That way you only have one cleanup.

2 ounces of cream cheese stuffed in one large celery stalk

1/2 pork rinds with 2 ounces of sour cream

Pork Rinds With Sour Cream Dip (This is not my recipe – Judi (Island Girl) forwarded it to me.)

1/2 ounce plain pork rinds (1/6 of 3-ounce bag)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese

Blend parmesan into sour cream and use as dip for pork rinds

Without Parmesan: 164 calories, 8 grams fat (79%)

With Parmesan: 187 calories, 15 grams fat (77%)

2 tablespoons of sugar free peanut butter on an approximately 7 1/2-inch stalk of celery.

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped, sweetened with sugar free sweetener, and flavored with vanilla or some other extract.

2 ounces of sour cream on approximately 1/2 cup sliced cucumber

Tuna or chicken salad with triple the usually amount of mayonnaise

I cook the bejeebers out of a whole chicken in the crockpot until the meat is literally falling off the bones, then shred the meat and save it for chicken salad or for soups. I strain the broth carefully (watch for small bones!) and freeze it.

I will usually reuse the broth to cook more than one chicken, which results in a superb, flavorful extra-strength broth which is great to sip on if you’re sick.

2 egg yolks mashed up with lots of mayonnaise, salt, and pepper (like you would for deviled eggs), but eaten plain or with a few pork rinds, cucumber slices, or a celery stick

Peanut Butter Pudding (This is Rani Merens‘ recipe.)

2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 teaspoon sugar free peanut butter
Splenda (to taste)

Combine all the ingredients. This thickens up magnificently, and can either be eaten “as is” or partially frozen, but don’t let it get rock hard unless you just want to suck on it.

***Note: If you life this one, make up several servings at one time and stick them into the refrigerator in custard cups for individual servings. That way you only have one cleanup.

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream in a can of diet soda (any flavor)

1/2 package sugar free Jell-O in 1/2 cup whipped heavy or whipping cream

1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped, with 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder and a few drops of liquid sugar free sweetener added (to taste).

Jell-O Whip (Someone named Chris sent this to me a couple of years ago.)

1 small package sugar free Jell-O (any flavor)
1/2 cup boiling water
4 ice cubes
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature and cut into cubes
4 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream

Dissolve the Jell-O completely in the boiling water, then add the ice cubes to cool it down and to thicken it.

When the ice cubes are melted, pour the gelatin mixture in the blender and add the cutup cream cheese. Whirl it around until the ingredients are completely blended. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.

Whip the four ounces of cream, then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.

Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions, cover each with plastic wrap, and put them in the refrigerator to chill.

This makes 5 servings, or all the you need for one day of the Fat Fast. Of course, you wouldn’t have to eat all 5 servings in one day. You could alternate them with other food choices.

Fat Fast Cream Cheese Jell-O Chunks (Someone sent me this idea, too, but I’ve misplaced their name).

10 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 equal squares (Not softened!)
1 small packet sugar free Jell-O, any flavor

Pour the dry gelatin powder into a small bowl or onto a salad plate. Set aside.

Roll the 20 cream cheese squares into balls. Roll each ball in the dry gelatin mixture. Place the coated balls on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap, and put them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat them

Each Fat Fast serving is 4 balls.
Goal 4 10/31/14 139 (almost there!)
Goal 5: 11/30/14 130 (GOAL!)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
From Livestrong:

The Atkins Fat Fast allows 1,000 calories a day, 90 percent from fat, in the form of five 200-calorie meals throughout the day, for up to five days.

And

On the Atkins Fat Fast, Dr. Atkins suggested eating 1/4 of an 8-oz. brick of cream cheese at each of three meals and 1 oz. of macadamia nuts at each of two meals. Other suggestions for the 200-calorie “fat feedings” (his term) included 2 oz. of sour cream mixed with caviar and served on four pork rinds, 1 oz. of chicken salad made with plenty of mayonnaise and served in half an avocado and, to appease the sweet tooth, artificially sweetened whipped cream sprinkled with flecks of vanilla bean.
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'd have an eggcream with three eggs in it (560 cals, 18 g protein and 5 g carb, leaving 26 cals worth of carb or protein for the rest of the day, or maybe I'd throw in a fourth egg) and then probably just eat coconut oil off a spoon and/or hwc in my coffee.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/185/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK/MFF
Start Date: Feb 2012
I am ready to join,but I had already started 2 days ago.Been on stall for 4 months.planning to do fat fast for 3-5 days,next modified fat fast for a few days and then we will see from there.
this is an article I found:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Atkins Article : The Fat Fast
Counterintuitive as it may sound, if you can't budge the scale on Induction, a few days on this regimen may well allow you to break through metabolic resistance.

Certain individuals are so metabolically resistant that only more intense dietary restrictions prove successful. Once medications, thyroid problems and candida are brought under control, almost all overweight people who diligently adhere to the Atkins Nutritional Approach™ will lose and keep off weight. But for the small group of people for whom it does not work, more extreme measures are necessary.

To help these metabolically resistant people, Dr. Atkins has modified what he calls "the most effective weight-loss eating pattern ever described." British researchers Alan Kekwick and Gaston Pawan developed it, and Frederick Benoit and his team confirmed its superiority in burning off fat, compared to an absolute total fast. This extreme diet consists of 1,000 calories daily, comprised of 90 percent fat. No other weight-loss regimen has matched its ability to burn off stored fat. Dr. Atkins modified the Kekwick diet to make it as enjoyable as possible and dubbed it the "Fat Fast." He tried it on scores of patients and found it often worked for those who were unable to lose weight in any other safe, drug-free way.

The Kekwick diet forces the body into lipolysis so it burns its stores of fat. Lipolysis cannot take place if there is a significant source of glucose. Since all carbohydrates and some protein convert to energy by way of glucose, eliminating almost everything but fat from the diet forces even the most resistant body into lipolysis. That explains the 90 percent dietary-fat component. Lowering the caloric intake accelerates the need to burn up body fat—thus the 1,000-calorie limit.

The Fat Fast is one controlled carb program where you do have to count calories. You'll eat 1,000 calories a day, with 75 percent to 90 percent comprised of fat. Frequent feedings prevent hunger better than three meals a day, so you consume five feedings, perhaps one every four hours, comprising 200 calories each. Because of the high fat content and frequent feedings, very few people experience much hunger. The stumbling block for some people is the absence of conventional meals. But most are willing to stick with it for a few days, even if the food selections are unfulfilling.

Caution: The Fat Fast is actually dangerous for anyone who is not metabolically resistant. For people who lose weight fairly easily, the rate of weight loss is too rapid to be safe. But it carries very little risk for people who can barely lose on any other regimen.

Step One: Eat Mostly Fat Begin with five 200-calorie feedings per day and follow for four or five days. Each item equals approximately 200 calories:

one ounce of macadamia nuts or macadamia nut butter, two ounces of cream cheese or Brie, one ounce of tuna or chicken salad with two teaspoons of mayonnaise served in one-quarter of an avocado, two deviled eggs made with two teaspoons of mayonnaise, two ounces of sour cream and two tablespoons black or red caviar, two and a half ounces whipped heavy cream topped with sucralose zero-calorie syrup, two ounces of pâté (check label for fat content), two egg yolks (hard-boiled) with one tablespoon of mayonnaise

Step Two: Modify the Fat Fast If increasing the fat-to-carbohydrate ratio and cutting calories work, any dietary change in that direction might get the job done. Next, you can try four meals a day of roughly 300 calories for a total of 1,200 calories. That should work, too, and what it allows is definitely more appealing to the taste buds:

two ounces of beef chuck (do not drain fat) cooked in two tablespoons of olive oil two scrambled eggs with two strips of nitrate-free bacon two tablespoons of full-fat sour cream with a tablespoon of sugar-free syrup one-quarter cup chicken or tuna salad made with two tablespoons of mayonnaise three ounces of pâté (check label for fat content) one-and-a-half ounces of macadamia nuts

Step Three: Return to Induction Try the 1,200-calorie regimen for a week, then go back to Induction. Or simply follow the concept of increasing the ratio of fat to protein. No one should have to feel that losing weight is hopeless. Sometimes the key to achieving your goal weight permanently is quite difficult to adhere to, but rarely is it simply impossible.
180:
175:
mega goal : 170 : Combined weights of 3 pregnancies will be gone forever
mega goal : 150 :
mega goal : tone allover,close and repair my diastasis and hernia(down to 2" from 10")
Push yourself. Because no one else is going to do it for you.
lowcarbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: smoky
Stats: Start weight 280/208/180
WOE: Type 2 Diabetic on - LCHF
Start Date: Re Start Oct 19 2013
I well give this a try and see if i can get my weight lose moving again.
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LastRick
Stats: 245/193/192
WOE: HFLC (+ IF)
Start Date: July 2010
Coincidentally, I've just finished day 2 of a fat fast. Both days, I ate approximately 1100 calories, less than 10 carbs and about 86% fat. The diet yesterday and today were essentially the same and included:
  • Bulletproof coffee
  • Boiled egg
  • Macadamia nuts
  • Pepperoni slices
  • Cheese
  • Pork rinds
  • Diet Sunkist with HWC
  • Extra water
  • Multivitamin

Give it a shot. I've tried it multiple times and it definitely gets me kickstarted and out of stalls. I can usually make it about 3 days before I get stir crazy though and start longing for more calories.
LastRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:28 PM   #11
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MZM
hi...
which cream cheese would u use? i am confused about philadelphia original and laughing cow... m on day 3 of fat fast ...still waiting for the scale to budge, which i think it has sworn it just WONT do
MZM is offline   Reply With Quote