Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Leeshlund
Great recipe conversion for extra protein but still delicious

ZUCCHINI FLAX MUFFINS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

ZUCCHINI FLAX MUFFINS
4 ounces almond flour (1 cup)
1/2 cup golden flax meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon caramel extract, optional
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 eggs
3/4 cup shredded zucchini, tightly packed (4 ounces) *

In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and granular Splenda, if using. If you're using liquid Splenda, mix it in a custard dish with the extract, cream and water. Combine everything with the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups with the batter, dividing it evenly among them. Bake at 350║ 20-26 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

* You'll need 1 medium zucchini, but do not peel it.

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 204 Calories; 17g Fat; 7g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 192 Calories; 17g Fat; 7g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Revision of this recipe was an accident (all my best creation are lol)

So first I wanted to get protein in this recipe so I didn't eat the whole batch in 1 sitting lmao..

I followed the recipe except for the following: I used a full cup of tightly packed zuchinni. I used 1/4 cup or 1/3 of jbobs vanilla protein powder and about a 1/4 cup flax meal same almond flour. I don't really measure to a t so m giving my best estimate you really can't mess this recipe up I did use 2 tlbs butter and 2 eggs. next time I would add another egg due to the density of the almond flour same baking soda and salt. Now here is the trick I obviously don't use sugar or Splenda sp instead of required sweeteners I used 1/2cup to 3/4 cup torani brown sugar and cinnamon flavoring that you can buy off the netrition.com site and I swear by this stuff for baking I used 4tlbs of heavy cream and prob 1/2 cup of water but my consistency of muffin batter just was not happening lol soooo I decided to bake hem like cookies press them down they will not spread of coarse these came out AMAZING you can top with Splenda for the sweet tooth or cream cheese even butter so good and easy since he zuchinni is green I make turn the batter red with food coloring and make them into a Christmas cookie. These were good enough to share so enjoy and let me know how yours turned out!!:-) baked about 20 minutes instead of 26but I'm at sea level so just keep an eye on them they don't get terribly brown on top but the bottom will so check them periodically!!! ENJOY LEESH
Leeshlund is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links