Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
first bullet proof coffee

It's basically coffee with coconut oil, butter, and or hwc in it. Coffee with fat. It's supposed to help curb hunger. People over at JUDDD swear by it.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Here are my results for 3 days on meat and eggs

day 1---loss 1.8
day 2---loss 1.8
day 3---up .6

(YEA cause at night I jumped on cheese and pepperoni! and a good bit I might add , I started to crave variety)

I am thrilled tho cause 3 days was a TOTAL LOSS OF 3 LBS. I will take that

thanks for starting the challenge.

How often do you recommend doing this? is there any kind of time limit to wait inbetween doing it again?

I was thinking just after T-day of doing it for 3 days again. that would be ok right?

right now I have to get back my veggies. I miss them.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It's Faith
Stats: 323/253.2/123
WOE: Basic LC/IF
Start Date: 5/5/12
Bulletproof Coffee though, I have done a lot of reading up on and I never got the impression that it is best waiting until you're closer to your goal weight to reap its benefits. Bulletproof Exec and Mark's Daily Apple are two of my favorite blogs and very informative. I came across those a while back while doing extensive research on Intermittent Fasting and, while my modified version is NOT preferable, until I can afford the higher quality ingredients that the bulletproof exec recommends, I find it is helping me along my weight loss journey while I am doing IF
Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejean View Post
It has been a while! :blush: Doing okay today. Had a death in the family today. been a hard day. my menu:

Double Mcdonalds sans bun
1 cup of taco soup (its what I had and I was wiped! on road today)
hamburger patty with mustard

I know it's not a lot but with today's happenings I'm just not hungry.

Job interview in the morning!!!

I may not be on until monday, everyone have a great weekend. I have family coming in to stay with us and will be super busy.
Hey Kimmie, I think I remember you from one of my LC treks
Welcome back. I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck on your interview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymitch View Post
OMG you guys... Today is my second day. I lost 2lbs in one day!!!

I posted yesterday about how I was STARVING after eating 5 eggs & 4 pieces of bacon. This morning, I've had my coffee with hc & co and 2 hard boiled eggs and I'm fine!! I feel so much better already.

Thank you to the original poster of this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Down another 1.2 lbs! Total = 3.2 lbs in 2 days!

BBL to post menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdancer79 View Post
6 lbs in 3 days

I was stuck at 190 for a while though & waiting for a whoosh. Too bad its the weekend though. Easier during week not to snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all,scales moved yes..down from 165.2-164.6 not much but ill take it.i don't eat many veg,any way there was days I don't eat any,but I'm h apply cause I feel so much better,going from 2005 to 164.6 and size 18-12 now .since I've been on this I've lost about 1.75 lbs a week steady so can't complain..
A loss is a loss!

Lot's of joy jumping going on in here! Awesome!!
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did really well at the movie last night. I went into Walmart to get a drink and snack. I saw these Chex mix, they looked SO good. you know the kind w/powdered sugar that people make for the holidays? I that stuff. I know it wasn't the wisest choice because it does have some sugar but I got a slim jim. Then I forgot about it and had it for breakfast...

BTW, if you're a Twilight fan. The new one is awesome! It was really amazing.

My breath is gross today! I'm happy. The scale is going down. 1.6 pounds down today. TOM came today too so that might explain some of my recent gain. If I keep going this way, I might be down to last week's weigh-in.

I found the biggest most juiciest looking steak that's cooking right now. I'm going to load it up with butter and enjoy.

"Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment"
Old 11-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Down another 1.2 lbs this morning - 4.4 in 3 days total. Also starte TOM today, so maybe looking at a bigger better loss in a few days. I guess we shall see. I have a benefit to attend tonight, so may be breaking my m&e fast tonight. Then again DH is LC'ing now and said we may eat before the benefit if we cannot get access to the menu beforehand. I'm so excited that he started LC'ing this week. It seems as though my life is going to be sooooo much easier!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Down another 1.2 lbs this morning - 4.4 in 3 days total. Also starte TOM today, so maybe looking at a bigger better loss in a few days. I guess we shall see. I have a benefit to attend tonight, so may be breaking my m&e fast tonight. Then again DH is LC'ing now and said we may eat before the benefit if we cannot get access to the menu beforehand. I'm so excited that he started LC'ing this week. It seems as though my life is going to be sooooo much easier!
Wooo!!! It's so rewarding to know the scale is moving down
And with your DH joining in, you'll be unstoppable. Gosh I wish I could get my bf to eat better! He eats pretty much anything and everything except he's not too big on sweets, we'd have a problem on our hands if he sat infont of me eating chocolate cake all the time...hah
Snoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ALL!
No scale this morning but I finally got some great rest.
I feel like the inches are coming off so that's a good sign

We ate at red robin last night, I had a plain burger with cheese and mayo wrapped in lettuce and I barely ate the lettuce. I ordered the little ribs without sauce and they weren't that great with nothing on em.
No eggs yesterday so I'm gonna start with 3 or 4 today

I hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

I'm down another lb this morning to 255! 5 lbs. in 4 days. I'm happy being as I had kept right around 260 for 2 weeks straight.

My menu from yesterday (didn't eat much because my BP Coffee kept me full into early evening:

64 oz. Water
16 oz. Bulletproof Coffee
1 can sardines in olive oil w/mayo & mustard
1 hardboiled egg w/lots of mayo

btw, in my BP Coffee (16 oz) I put 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, 2 Tbsp. vanilla Torani Syrup, and about 1/4 tsp. cinnamon into the coffee grounds.

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Day 4 ~ 256.0
Day 5 ~ 255.0

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend!
It's Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Faith View Post
Good Afternoon, Everyone!

I'm down another lb this morning to 255! 5 lbs. in 4 days. I'm happy being as I had kept right around 260 for 2 weeks straight.

My menu from yesterday (didn't eat much because my BP Coffee kept me full into early evening:

64 oz. Water
16 oz. Bulletproof Coffee
1 can sardines in olive oil w/mayo & mustard
1 hardboiled egg w/lots of mayo

btw, in my BP Coffee (16 oz) I put 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, 2 Tbsp. vanilla Torani Syrup, and about 1/4 tsp. cinnamon into the coffee grounds.

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Day 4 ~ 256.0
Day 5 ~ 255.0

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend!
5lbs how exciting! Great job
I haven't eaten all day and I can tell I'm grumpy! I'm about to eat a 12oz new York strip at applebees tho. I'll be a happy camper real quick
Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Moonlights
Stats: 204/150/136
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 18/04/2012
Not going to comment on the scales until my regular weekly weigh in so as not to tempt fate. I'm doing m/e with spring onion (scallions) for seasoning and I'm thinking a little cream cheese would be ok?

Cooking in butter and oil.

Yesterday:

220g sirloin steak with spring onions

200g pan fried scallops

Tbsp flax.

Plan for today:

150g prawns with mayo

Roasting a chicken to have with spring onion

And I'm considering a 'Swiss roll' dessert made similarly to oopsie rolls - 2 eggs, 1oz cream cheese and sweetener are the only ingredients.
Moonlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, All!

Oceana, how was that NY strip at Applebees?

Moonlights, that menu looks delicious! I really want to know how your oopsie "swiss rolls" turned out, I'd love to try it!

How is everyone else doing this weekend?

I think I did well yesterday. I wasn't really hungry most of the day so I ate my dinner later than I'd like to have. And did have 1 slice of Kraft Singles because I wanted to make a cheesy sauce to go with my baked chicken and that was the only kind of cheese we had. It's pretty high in sodium and 2 carbs per slice so I kind of wish I'd have skipped it...so I'm blaming it for losing only .2 lbs! However, I am technically one lb over my 70 lb mark!

My menu yesterday:

48 oz. water
2 mugs regular coffee w/3 T cream
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
Sardines in olive oil
6 oz. baked chicken
1 slice Kraft American cheese
Mayo, mustard, & sour cream for condiments

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Day 4 ~ 256.0
Day 5 ~ 255.0
Day 6 ~ 254.8
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 162lbs / Goal of 152lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Alright, I've been following this thread since it started last week, and today I'm jumping in! I'm going to do 4 days of meat and eggs, then have low carb veggies on Thanksgiving. I hope to lose 3 pounds over the 4 days. Starting weight: 160.6 lbs

Here goes!
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Hi faith - I think I've decided to skip the Swiss roll in favor of extra chicken - I roasted a free range corn fed bird and it's incredibly delicious - but I've made the Swiss roll often before and it's great. Very similar to making oopsies, you combine egg yolks, sweetener, vanilla flavor, cream cheese and baking powder in one bowl and whisk your whites in the other until they're very stiff. Then slowly combine and fold both bowls together and pour into a lined baking tray - bake until a knife inserted comes out dry. Then you fill with cream and roll it up!

I was going to skip the cream for the one today but instead think I'll skip the whole thing. Tired this evening and stuffed with chicken.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: smoky
Stats: Start weight 280/208/180
WOE: Type 2 Diabetic on - LCHF
Start Date: Re Start Oct 19 2013
Good Morning everyone i seam to have stalled at 224.6 lbs. for the last 2 days

Yesterday
B =2 fryed eggs and 4 bacon

L= Coffee with HWC and CO

S = 377 grm of steak coffee with HWC and CO

Snaks 4 more coffee with HWC and CO
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Erika1962
Stats: 260+/182.2/170-175/5'5/52
WOE: Not low carb, but low crap
<<<<< Is a lurker that just might has to try this egg and meat fast for herself
Erika1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I hope you all have had a great weekend so far!

Moonlights, your menu looks great! And the Swiss roll sounds yummy, I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Faith, you're doing awesome! My steak was actually really good! I gave in and got garlic mushrooms on it and YUMMY is all I can say

Sutton, welcome I'm glad you're joining in this has been really easy to stick with for me. I think it's important to get fat in so you don't get too few calories so if you like coconut oil, eat it up

Hi Smoky maybe try eating more? I lose better the more I eat!

Erika please join us! I'll be here for awhile. It's great for support

Ok so it's almost Thanksgiving and I said I would do this fast until then, but I just like it so much haha.
I do plan on eating a lil bit of everything on thanksgiving and then have a day or two of M&E after then slowly add veggies back in. I just find that I love eating like this, I think it's best for me to keep it simple and eat a menu of meat, eggs, veggies, and healthy fats with the occasional treat like a cream cheese muffin.
So since I started I lost 6.4lbs and at least a few inches most importantly I FEEL GREAT!
TOM is here as of today so I might do an official weigh in about 5 or 6 days from now. I'll also weigh in a week after I add veggies to see if I gain at all.
I want to thank you all for the huge amount of support from this thread! And I'll stick around to support anyone that wants to jump in and keep it going
Have a great night everyone!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Thank you all for being here,but I to will not be done ME any more,leave for vacation in the morning,so I will still be following the nK all week.hope all have lots of lost and happy thanksgiving !
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Oceana! I have been over at the JUDDD forum for a while now and lost a pretty good deal of weight on it, however, I seem to have reached a point of where my body just don't want to cooperate anymore, big hunger pangs are a huge part of it.
Anyways, I found this thread and couldn't stop reading, thinking to myself, may be I should try this for a few days (couldn't hurt to drop a pound or two before Thanksgiving) Scale has been bouncing between 166 and 170 for all of November, and it would be nice to give it a little push. On most days I don't eat until around noon, so after I read this thread yesterday I decided to try it out right away!

Breakfast -- nothing
Lunch --4 fried eggs
Dinner--chicken breast, drumstick, thighmeat
Snack--boiled egg

11/18--169.2 lbs
11/19--166.6 lbs in shock, I thought I would be up eating all this meat!

Last edited by Erika1962; 11-19-2012 at 03:14 AM..
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Morning everyone! Didn't get online this weekend and I'm doing double duty at the office this week, so I won't be on here much, but I wanted to check in real quick.

Scale this a.m. put me at 204, so not as low as I was mid week, but still down from the week prior. I broke down and had veggies yesterday and I plan on having them on T-Day also. I'm thinking m/e thru the week and then maybe veggies one day on the weekends. I dunno for sure yet.

I'll try to pop in later!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

WOW Erika!! that's a big drop! I know the more I eat, the more I lose so try to make sure you eat enough
It's exiting to see the scale move after staying the same for so long. Even if it is mostly water weight, It is still inspiring for me.

Nicki I think that is a really good idea about the veggies. I'm going to start adding some back in also. I'll start on Thanksgiving.

Well I weighed myself this morning even tho I was worried I was up a few pounds because of TOM and it being quite irregular this time maybe due to diet? I finally started for real this morning tho. Anyway I got on the scale and was 142.2 So yay! only up .2 I honestly would have still said YAY if I were up 2 or 3lbs cause that's still a good loss and better than where I was a few weeks ago! I just feel GREAT and you can't beat that feeling. I was really feeling icky for it quite awhile.

Have a wondrful morning ALL!

OH today I will try to eat...
4 or 5 eggs
I would LOVE pork roast but will probably eat 2 hamburger patties w/cheese and lots of mayo
fresh Salmon for dinner with lots of butter
tons of water
Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon, Everyone! to Sutton and Erika, I'm glad you have joined us! I'm very glad I hopped on board and it has been nice having others here to do this with. It got a bit lonely sometimes doing everything on my own these past 6 1/2 months!

Oceana, I'm going to continue at least until Thanksgiving too but may add a little cheese back in, then afterwards some veggies. I'm thinking of having a couple of off plan things on Thanksgiving but I am a little nervous to. I've had maybe 2 small things off plan since my restart, so I will see how strong I'm feeling then.

Moonlights, I don't blame you on wanting to hold off on the swiss roll dessert. Thank you for putting the recipe in, I can't wait to give it a try. I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving!

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that I stayed exactly the same at 254.8. So, my body likes that number? That's OK. It's coming off one way or another! I think I could do better with getting more water in. I've just been so busy getting the house ready for Thursday since we're hosting at our home, that I forget to stop and grab a drink.

Yesterday's meals:

48 oz. water
2 mugs regular coffee w/3 Tbsp. HWC
B: tuna w/mayo & unsalted butter
L : 2 scrambled eggs in salted, grass fed butter,
2 strips pre-cooked bacon
D: 2 baked chicken thighs
Interesting how I had lunch for breakfast and breakfast for lunch!

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Day 4 ~ 256.0
Day 5 ~ 255.0
Day 6 ~ 254.8
Day 7 ~ 254.8

Hope you all have a great day today!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Calories today are a little lower than I'd prefer. I might add a scrambled egg to this menu later but it will depend how tired I am.

Leftover chicken breast chopped with spring onion and mayo

Steak, scallops and spring onion pan fried in butter

Flax and a mini 'pepperami' salami stick.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/226.2/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
B-coffee
L-1 boca burger w.2 fried eggs, honey mustard
D-Maybe chicken if I feel like cooking, if not, a burger patty.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning everyone, and thank you Oceana and Faith! I did try another day yesterday but weight stayed the same today. I do know why though, CHEESE, I got a little overboard with my bedtime snack there, won't do that again, lesson learned. Will try to continue with the meat and egg fast today and tomorrow, then eat "normal" on Thanksgiving (expecting a 5 pound gain) then go back on the fast on Friday.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

yesterdays menu
B--None
L--4 boiled eggs
D--chicken breast, cheddar
S--way too much cheddar

11/18--169.2 lbs
11/19--166.6 lbs in shock, I thought I would be up eating all this meat!
11/20--166.6 lbs
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning, All!

I just realized today is one week on straight M&E and I've lost a total of 7 lbs! I'm regretting Thanksgiving just for the fact that all of those delicious temptations will be there, even though I don't plan to eat most of them. I would much rather continue on for another week and possibly another 7 lbs! I am planning to have some stuffing and a corn casserole I'll be making for the first time and I expect a slowing down of weight loss from that.

Erika, you're doing great and your menu looks good & simple. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the scale rewards you tomorrow! 3 lbs after your first day is great!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and having a good day thus far.

Here are yesterday's meals:

64 oz water
2 mugs regular coffee w/3 Tbsp hwc
2 chicken thighs
2 deviled eggs

I've decided to add a little cheese back in today so I'm trying this recipe for cream cheese eggs that looks very simple and satisfying.

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Day 4 ~ 256.0
Day 5 ~ 255.0
Day 6 ~ 254.8
Day 7 ~ 254.8
Day 8 ~ 253.2 (hit my 70 lb mark! )

Last edited by It's Faith; 11-20-2012 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Missing details!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Good morning

Yesterdays menu was
2 eggs
chicken breast
2 tenderloin steaks w/butter

I grilled about 7 steaks last night to munch on for the next 4 days.
I bought a huge tenderloin and cut it up. Got around 20 steaks YUM

Today I don't feel great because of TOM so I didn't weigh myself, I don't think I will for a few days. Mabey pre Thanksgiving and then post Thanksgiving to see how much I gain from all the veggies I plan on eating along with cheesecake?
I honestly would like to serve at the shelter for the day. It seems like there will be too much running around and I really don't want to watch loved ones that have health issues over eat because they think it's really necessary. Well, It's not!!! I wont go into what I feel about Thanksgiving too much, But I am thankful for my health, and the health and happiness of the ones I care about and even the ones I don't care for so much. For me it has nothing to do with eating a bunch of food (it used to), if anything I think it should be about giving food to the ones that won't be able to eat. I don't have much, but I know there's families out there with less than I.
anyways sorry for rambling off the topic of MEAT and EGGS
Have a wonderful morning everyone
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Faith View Post
Good Morning, All!

I just realized today is one week on straight M&E and I've lost a total of 7 lbs! I'm regretting Thanksgiving just for the fact that all of those delicious temptations will be there, even though I don't plan to eat most of them. I would much rather continue on for another week and possibly another 7 lbs! I am planning to have some stuffing and a corn casserole I'll be making for the first time and I expect a slowing down of weight loss from that.

Erika, you're doing great and your menu looks good & simple. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the scale rewards you tomorrow! 3 lbs after your first day is great!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and having a good day thus far.

Here are yesterday's meals:

64 oz water
2 mugs regular coffee w/3 Tbsp hwc
2 chicken thighs
2 deviled eggs

I've decided to add a little cheese back in today so I'm trying this recipe for cream cheese eggs that looks very simple and satisfying.

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Day 4 ~ 256.0
Day 5 ~ 255.0
Day 6 ~ 254.8
Day 7 ~ 254.8
Day 8 ~ 253.2 (hit my 70 lb mark! )
Faith, YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!! 70lbs is so amazing, what an inspiration you are!
You're doing great on this fast.
It's hard to look at it as a fast tho because we eat as much as we want. I love this way of eating just because of the amount of energy I have now
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome and Congrats Faith!! Woohoo!

Welcome to any other people I've missed.

I'm still going strong with M/E, just not getting online much.

I've lost 4.5 pounds in the 5 days I've been doing it. Not bad considering I was already losing. I had one day with a small gain, but most days the scale goes down. I love it!

b/l: 4 scrambled eggs w/butter
d: pork chops

I might snack on a pork chop, not sure.

My plan is to do this right up to Thanksgiving and then Thanksgiving, I'll have some veggies and maybe a dessert. I plan on going right back to M/E after the holiday.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Does anyone else see a page 10 on this thread, but not able to click on it? So weird.