Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Unofficially started yesterday (because I dont think the onions and OMM affected me) -

B: 2 1/2 scrambled eggs w/ 1/2 slice cheese, cooked in CO and butter
L: Coffee w/1 T CO and 3 T HWC
D: 3 oz chicken w/ 1/4 cup onions fried in 1 T CO and 1 T butter, 1/2 OMM

100 oz water
1/2 20 oz diet dr pepper

This morning down 2.2 pounds

Today:

B: 1 deviled egg
S: 1 coffee w/ 1T CO and 3 T HWC
L: 3 oz Pot roast
D: pot roast or eggs

100 oz water
1/2 dt dr pepper (maybe w/ HWC)

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Lori you did great! food looks great!
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Oceana no I do not have appetite at all,but if I don't eat more I'm not going to lose weight,so today I MUST EAT MORE !!!! I've been up down now 7 days with 166-165.2 I did lose .4 yesterday but I was there a week ago.i no for sure when my cals are low I don't lose but my # are 83-18-2 just not enough food so my body think its starving.
I find that if I don't eat enough I don't lose or I even gain.
Like this morning I was up one pound to 143 but I'm retaining LOTS of water and I did't eat that clean yesterday.
I'll try to get lots of eggs in today!

CONGRATS everyone on the losses How exciting!!

I must drink lots of water today! at least 9 glasses is my goal.

Everyone have a GREAT egg filled morning!
Snoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I skipped cheese for the 3 days I am doing this. Only because I do include ALOT of cheese on other regular days, so I thought omitting it would be good for me to help the scale.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Morning!

My scale was up today due to eating too much yesterday and cocktails Tues evening. Keeping it super simple today though:

B - 3 bacon, 2 eggs, coffee w/CO
L - 2 sm deer brats (last of those for awhile), 2 eggs
D - left over chuck roast, 1/2 avocado
water all day
livinlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
Wighed my self am now 224.6 down 2.4 lb. since yesterday 3.9 total for 2 days
YAY Smoky!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechick View Post
Hi everyone,

I am another lurker out of hiding I was thinking of doing this but was wondering how you keep yourself..ermmm.."regular" during a meat and egg fast?

Sorry if TMI
I take magnesium daily. Plus I have plenty of good fats (bacon grease, coconut oil, evoo, butter, avocado) in my diet to help "move things along"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejean View Post
Ya'll have room for one more??? The past couple of months all I've done is gain. I lost both my 21 year old kitty's within a week of each other (they were sisters that I raised from 2 days old)in September and then we moved into the "city". Can you say STRESS??????? Now I'm going on job interviews and unpacking again I'm just STRESSED!!!!

I've done this before (lost 80 pounds in 2000) and I've done meat and egg fast before. I'm thinking this is exactly what I need!!! So I'm in. I only am able to check in once a day, but I will let ya'll know how I'm doing!

Everyone seems to be doing AWESOME!!!
There's always room for more!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
oh yea. scale was sweet.another 1.8 down this morning.
2 days---total 3.9
Congrats!!!!

Last edited by livinlarge; 11-15-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Welcome Kimmi! I think I remember you from a while back.

Ok so last night I had some salad because that's all the food we had (no meat cooked). But today I'm going to the grocery store and getting some steaks and burgers, maybe some chicken and see if I can get the mister to grill it all up.

So my plan for today:
B-coffee, sweet n low, I think I'll have some hwc
L-rotisserie turkey breast, maybe with some honey mustard to dip (just mayo, mustard, a little sweetener)
D-steaks and burgers I'm hoping!

I'm not weighing because I'm trying to undo some of the damage I did over the summer being off plan. But I feel better and my bigger pants (blech, I had to go back up a size) are getting loser.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It's Faith
Stats: 323/253.2/123
WOE: Basic LC/IF
Start Date: 5/5/12
Good Morning All! And welcome to all my fellow lurkers out of hiding.

Ok, did well yesterday on my all egg fast and was down to 257.8 this morning.
I'm a little disappointed because I wanted to be down at least 2 lbs for all my effort.

Here is yesterday's menu:

80 oz water
B: 3 scrambled eggs w/1 Tbsp butter
L: 1 boiled egg + extra yolk w/1 Tbsp butter & 1 Tbsp mayo
D: 2 deviled eggs w/1 Tbsp mayo

Not a lot of food but I really was not that hungry all day. Plus I do IF so I had just broken an 18 hour overnight water fast at noon. Wasn't hungry at all until I broke that.

My big mistake though was deciding I was going to cut all coffee for the day! I did okay until bedtime, just felt a little sluggish. This morning however, I awoke with the most awful headache which started to develop into a migraine. When I get migraines I also get very nauseous and sensitive to light, which was worse because I had to be up & out very early this morning to pick DS up from work. All the headlights and streetlights were killing me!

Needless to say, I was NOT feeling so great starting today. I did end up eating 2 Laughing Cow cheeses and a strong mug of coffee w/cream as soon as I got home. I was feeling better almost immediately! So right now, I am doing good! It is sad to realize just how addicted to caffeine I have become.

So, since yesterday was so hard on me, I'm not doing all eggs again today. If I do anymore egg only fasts I may do just every other day instead to make it more tolerable. Right now I've got a nice flounder baking in the oven that I can't wait to sink my teeth into.

Day 1 ~ 260.0
Day 2 ~ 258.6
Day 3 ~ 257.8
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dezi
Stats: 5 foot 11 inches 142lbs BMI 19.9/Goal BMI was 20.6
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: Feb. 1 2012
I can do a modified one. I did a church supper last night and I have to eat the remains of the salad I tossed so it doesn't go to waste. I can do eggs and bacon and salad . Maybe I will HB the eggs! and put them ON the salad! :0 THen when I run out, just bacon and eggs

NO other meat in the house until next month
Dezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dezi
Stats: 5 foot 11 inches 142lbs BMI 19.9/Goal BMI was 20.6
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: Feb. 1 2012
So far a cup of coffee. Not as LC as I'd like because I am out of HWC and onlt have whole milk. However you only put like an OUNCE to turn it tan. So like,,, 2 carbs

I'll eat after school at 330. I will prbably nuke a piece of bacon now though and eat it on the way to class...
Dezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tina1973
Stats: 294/284.2/1something
WOE: JUDDD 490/2450
Start Date: latest restart 10/1/13
Looks like I'm starting over again. The scale issue really got to me yesterday. I'm okay with it now. I know I didn't have a gain, but the scale is still saying the higher number so I'm thinking the low batteries were causing the lower numbers? I don't know. I don't get how it went from 261-258-255-251-258! Weird, but whatever. I obviously hold too much stock in that stupid hunk of metal! No more. I'm weighing weekly and that's it! I just like to weigh daily when doing a fast, you know?

Ok, enough of my ranting! Feel free to ignore that.

I ate some pumpkin pie last night, like I said I let the scale get to me. I'm not having any more.

I have a hard time cooking in the morning so I need to figure something out there. I had an atkins shake again this morning. I'm not buying any more of them until I'm well on my way on this WOE again. It's eggs and meat for the rest of the day.

"Never trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment"
tina1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sorry you had a rotten day yesterday, Tina! I let the scale get to me way too much too. I have a hard time trusting my scales but the newest one I bought recently is identical to the one my DD uses and it is very accurate. It isn't an expensive one. Maybe you might need to consider replacing yours if it is regularly inconsistent? There is a certain type of scale I've seen the other LCer's recommend but I, unfortunately, can't afford it at this time (though it remains on my wish list).

I also have some of those Atkins shakes hanging around that get hard to resist sometimes. Kind of regret buying them now but can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Well, you have a lot of support and we're here for you! You can do this!
It's Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: readyfredy
Stats: 179/177.1/125
WOE: 20-30 Net Carbs per day
Start Date: 7/22/14
I lost a half lb and am officially in the 150s!

today:

bfast 2 eggs, 3 bacon strips, coffee with HWC
lunch - may skip it if not hungry
dinner - going out - going to get a meat or fish and veg.
readyfredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1973 View Post
Looks like I'm starting over again. The scale issue really got to me yesterday. I'm okay with it now. I know I didn't have a gain, but the scale is still saying the higher number so I'm thinking the low batteries were causing the lower numbers? I don't know. I don't get how it went from 261-258-255-251-258! Weird, but whatever. I obviously hold too much stock in that stupid hunk of metal! No more. I'm weighing weekly and that's it! I just like to weigh daily when doing a fast, you know?

I ate some pumpkin pie last night, like I said I let the scale get to me. I'm not having any more.

I have a hard time cooking in the morning so I need to figure something out there. I had an atkins shake again this morning. I'm not buying any more of them until I'm well on my way on this WOE again. It's eggs and meat for the rest of the day.
I don't have time to cook in the morning. I do the best when I cook a lot of food at once and have it to grab in the morning to take to work. So I'll cook like 8-10 burgers and 5 steaks, so I have food for the week. Then if I get the munchies I can grab some meat and be totally on plan.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracymitch
Stats: 178/170/130
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: 2005/2012/restarted 6/2014
So I started today. I ate 5 eggs for breakfast and 4 slices of bacon and was STILL hungry. Is that normal?

I had a couple of Brazil nuts & some hard Fontina cheese for a snack.

Lunch: 4oz Salisbury steak & 3oz chicken breast. STILL HUNGRY.

I'm thinking it might be because I've rapidly put on about 10 pounds, mostly by carbo-loading.

I've also been eating a TON of Halloween candy.. so maybe all the sugar is why I'm still hungry after eating FIVE eggs?

I'm hoping for a loss when I get on the scale tomorrow...
tracymitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymitch View Post
So I started today. I ate 5 eggs for breakfast and 4 slices of bacon and was STILL hungry. Is that normal?

I had a couple of Brazil nuts & some hard Fontina cheese for a snack.

Lunch: 4oz Salisbury steak & 3oz chicken breast. STILL HUNGRY.

I'm thinking it might be because I've rapidly put on about 10 pounds, mostly by carbo-loading.

I've also been eating a TON of Halloween candy.. so maybe all the sugar is why I'm still hungry after eating FIVE eggs?

I'm hoping for a loss when I get on the scale tomorrow...
It's gonna take a few days to detox from all of the sugar. Just stay on plan and the reduced appetite should kick in.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Maybe try cooking up a bunch of thin pork chops and eat those in the morning?
I've eaten them cold for breakfast and they're so yummy! I just make sure I crisp em up real good.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

So I'm not gonna let a tiny gain mess with me! I know what It's from and I did lose over 6lbs in 5 days so I gotta let my body catch up.

I'm gonna have a grill fest when I get home tonight! LOTS of thin pork chops and ribeye steaks and then I'll boil a dozen or so eggs.
Being prepared is the key to success!!!

I'm treating myself tonight and getting my hair done I've been really good at not spending money and I quit smoking so I figured It's justifiable

Oh something that I find weird for me is that I'm in love with the hard boiled egg whites! I make myself eat the yolk but the white tastes sooooo good!

Last edited by Snoangel; 11-15-2012 at 10:17 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
So, what could you eat if you can't have eggs? Do you guys count calories or just carbs or nothing at all?

I've gained about 5 pounds since August and have been going up and down the same couple of pounds since Then Hovering around the 198 mark I seriously feel like giving up, but I haven't. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did add back to many carbs, so I've cut back to 20-25 net. Hope that helps move my weight loss along.

I can eat 2-3 eggs two or three times a week and that is it. When I 1st started LC back in Feburary, I was eating 2-5 eggs everyday and developed an allergic reaction (major hives) to them after about 2 1/2 months. I stopped eating them for 5 months, but recently added them back and can eat a couple here and there.
Goal 4: 145
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
So I'm not gonna let a tiny gain mess with me! I know what It's from and I did lose over 6lbs in 5 days so I gotta let my body catch up.

Oh something that I find weird for me is that I'm in love with the hard boiled egg whites! I make myself eat the yolk but the white tastes sooooo good!
I love your positive attitude! I'm still learning not to let that stinkin' scale dictate my state of mind...I'm getting better, I think! I am just the opposite with hard boiled eggs. I can gobble up the yolks but have to choke down the whites. I try to get them down one way or another though oftentimes I am known to toss the whites or give them to my DD who would rather avoid the yolks.

And I do like the idea of cooking up mass quantities for later. I do need to incorporate more of that.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
So, what could you eat if you can't have eggs? Do you guys count calories or just carbs or nothing at all?
I focus mostly on carbs but I log everything on ****** so I do get to see the ratios with calories, protein, and fats as well. If I see the calories sliding up too far I tend to want to keep them down but personally, I try not to worry as much about those.

I normally don't eat many eggs, either. As far as proteins go, I eat a lot of chicken, fish, tuna, that sort of thing. I've been trying to steer clear of a lot of the canned, processed foods but still enjoy a can of low sodium Spam every once in a while.

P.S. If you're meaning just for this M&E challenge, forget I mentioned Spam, LOL!

Last edited by It's Faith; 11-15-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Faith View Post
I love your positive attitude! I'm still learning not to let that stinkin' scale dictate my state of mind...I'm getting better, I think! I am just the opposite with hard boiled eggs. I can gobble up the yolks but have to choke down the whites. I try to get them down one way or another though oftentimes I am known to toss the whites or give them to my DD who would rather avoid the yolks.

And I do like the idea of cooking up mass quantities for later. I do need to incorporate more of that.
I used to be that way also, the whites grossed me out.
The good thing about this way of eating is, you can toss the white if you want and just eat yolks
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittee
Stats: 206/134/110-115
WOE: Atkins first, then LCHF, now PSMF
Start Date: April 2011
Something went slightly wrong and I am back to 140.8, probably since I ate a chunk of cheese and had 4 fat bomb thingies...today I am eating the same meal all day, which is...

1 burger patty (the frozen walmart kind) with mayo on top, and then 2 scrambled eggs on top of that cooked in the burger fat

I had that twice today, will do it once more, and if I have to have a snack I will eat a little chunk of butter lol....also lots of water. Still drinking coffee. Hope the scale moves in the right direction tomorrow!
Kittee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
Morning!

My scale was up today due to eating too much yesterday and cocktails Tues evening. Keeping it super simple today though:

B - 3 bacon, 2 eggs, coffee w/CO
L - 2 sm deer brats (last of those for awhile), 2 eggs
D - left over chuck roast, 1/2 avocado
water all day

quick change - I scratched the eggs at lunch and instead had 1/2 an avocado with my brats
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post

I've gained about 5 pounds since August and have been going up and down the same couple of pounds since Then Hovering around the 198 mark I seriously feel like giving up, but I haven't. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I did add back to many carbs, so I've cut back to 20-25 net. Hope that helps move my weight loss along.

I can eat 2-3 eggs two or three times a week and that is it. When I 1st started LC back in Feburary, I was eating 2-5 eggs everyday and developed an allergic reaction (major hives) to them after about 2 1/2 months. I stopped eating them for 5 months, but recently added them back and can eat a couple here and there.
I don't count anything. I just know it's super low carb because It's mainly meat and eggs

If you don't eat eggs maybe just try meat? idk tho because some people really need to watch how much protein they consume.
I just googled meat and egg fasts and all the old ones on LCF showed up.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Put in meat and egg diet in google. You'll get more info. Here is one that was posted on another place a couple of days ago. The Old School ‘Steak and Eggs’ Diet for Fat Loss, Balanced Energy, and Increased Testosterone : BOLD & DETERMINED

Last edited by Seabreezes; 11-15-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Well I gave in and ate one of my favorite snacks! I couldn't help it, I went to the store to get a roasted chicken breast and all they had today was fried foods. SO I bought Jalapeno beef jerky. I know there's some sugar in it but it was calling my name! I guess it's better than eating chocolate cake (that's what I've really wanted the last couple days)
Anyway I had to confess...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Well I gave in and ate one of my favorite snacks! I couldn't help it, I went to the store to get a roasted chicken breast and all they had today was fried foods. SO I bought Jalapeno beef jerky. I know there's some sugar in it but it was calling my name! I guess it's better than eating chocolate cake (that's what I've really wanted the last couple days)
Anyway I had to confess...
Hey, it's meat. I think...lol. It could have been much worse! My confession is peanut butter. It was sitting there on the counter and I couldn't help myself. I need to keep that stuff out of sight and out of mind.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm going to the movies tonight. Any ideas on what I might bring to snack on? Right now I'm telling myself that I'm fine, I don't need anything, I don't even want anything. I know as soon as I see and smell that popcorn, I'm going to want some. I figured if I go armed with something "legal" I'd be okay.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm going to the movies tonight. Any ideas on what I might bring to snack on? Right now I'm telling myself that I'm fine, I don't need anything, I don't even want anything. I know as soon as I see and smell that popcorn, I'm going to want some. I figured if I go armed with something "legal" I'd be okay.
Beef jerky If there's no added sugar in it, It's harder to chew so only a little should do the trick.

I've really tried to make sure I don't snack while watching movies/tv that way I don't automatically associate it with food. I was hard at first but I broke the habbit.