Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #1801
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Im not really in weight loss mode, so not a challenge. But I will still be doing a lot of M&E because quite frankly I have come to love the food. I find it oh too easy to skip the veges now.

You cant get rid of me
Me, too, Lilbeetle!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
I got home last and very hungry, plus hubby and the munchkins were a bit 'food whiny' - "Im STARVING, whats for tea, how long until you cook us something..."

Love that--"food whiny"! I've got one of those at my house!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #1803
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
hey all./.. think i'm back to my love with meat lol.. Started eating like this two days ago avoiding cheese at the moment or veggies... After being on dukan with lean meat and veggies.. just broke out with hives for days dry itchy skin and felt so yuck.. now in two days feel great skin cleared up no bumpy hives not constipated and lovign the food like always lol..

lately been eating
lean meats paired with fats

butter and drippings for chicken and steak served on top of steak and chicken breast with little blk pepper or parsley not much keeping it simple and top two eggs pan fried

think be a 4 meal thing today..

and my diet cola drink

no added salts/ no salty foods so avoiding mainly cheese at moment, keeping to just butter and whole meats like lean steaks i trim fat tends to be chewy lol and chicken breast.. and eggs

so far feel good I don't need to lose much
and I guess as long as I don't gain be great lol so far so good

I tend to eat possibly every few hours

I wonder if this is good for me to eat at hunger or well every few hours

for example I tend to eat 6-7am then 10:30-11:30 am then 3pm and 6-7pm

but I wonder if eating well sometimes mixed up

first day i was like detoxing alot so was super hungry had
5 meals

yesterday had 4

today prob be 4 too

do you guys think its ok to do that eat every few hours I notice my mood changes prob like blood sugar low if don't eat like after 3-4 hours and just feel tired and sleeping and irritated

but once I eat it clears up and ready to go lol

what do you all think ?
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #1804
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jeseraipetite
Stats: 154/154/125
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: july 11, 2014
I am the same. I need to eat regularly.....I would like to join this fast. I cant seem to get the scale out of the 140s. it goes from 145 to 141 to 145 and so on. I dont want to exercise more than an hour or so a day, but I will do that as I am in a regular routine. Hoping to meet some great people and support and be supported. On summer vacation and very thankful.
jeseraipetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #1805
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Welcome Jeseraipetite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeseraipetite View Post
I am the same. I need to eat regularly.....I would like to join this fast. I cant seem to get the scale out of the 140s. it goes from 145 to 141 to 145 and so on. I dont want to exercise more than an hour or so a day, but I will do that as I am in a regular routine. Hoping to meet some great people and support and be supported. On summer vacation and very thankful.
Glad to have you aboard. Read over some of the thread here, it will answer a lot of questions. Good luck to you; this a great group of people.

back Natosha. good to see you again.
Eat when you actually feel hungry, every few hours it seems for some of us. Your menu is good. Take care. Mae

Hi Lil, Tashy, Aural, and everyone else. Hope your weekend is going great. Mae

PS, come over to the August M/E thread Aura started. See ya there.

Last edited by maepowers; 08-04-2013 at 01:36 PM..
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #1806
Senior LCF Member

ty i'm like so unsure today i feel like my meals are perfect but not fillling me.. been the same all day but not having like a feel of stuffed at all been drinking alot too..

so far been eating every 3-4 hours but then dinner came bit early 1hour and half cause felt hungry like and even after dinner still feeling like it won't hold me till tomorrow and thats like I had dinner at 4pm .. so i'm prob gonna be eating my highest today at over 3000 area yikes.. well then again i'm estimating all of my foods

and if a chicken breast may be smaller then what i'm suggesting so calories might not be right on tagert.

plus so far been boiling all my meat to keep it from being to tough and such..

but am i doing something wrong plus i guess i did eat less steak at some meals and such but still same one steak cut up in each meal.. i don't know may be off with calorie count but i just don't feel full as i've been past days actually feel like empty even if fillign it with water..

am I doing something wrong or is this normal??
ty
Old 08-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #1807
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosha120 View Post
am I doing something wrong or is this normal??
ty
Hi Natosha. I have to admit that it is unusual to feel this hungry on M&E as it tends to be a natural appetite suppressant. And eating 3000 really should keep you full...everyone is different though. I find that I rarely go over 1200-1300/day now and sometimes even as low as 1000 (taking into account calories burnt through exercise) and I honestly don't find myself hungry.

My suggestion would be to log absolutely everything you eat and (I know this may sound silly) the time you ate it, and how you were feeling. Some people have 'eating triggers' and this can be anything from a time of day, boredom, depression, anxiety, or even when you feeling really happy or excited about something. You have to work out if you are truly hungry or just think you should be eating something at that particular time.

If you don't mind my asking, how much weight are you trying to lose? Even though counting calories on this WOE is not essential, it would be highly unlikely that you would lose weight eating 3000/day unless you were extremely physically active (or an athlete), quite a large/tall build or had a very active metabolism. Just my opinion of course but I think maybe you might need to be a bit more strict on your intake and just try to deal with feeling a bit hungry until your stomach shrinks and you get into proper ketosis. Please don't think I mean starving yourself, but just a healthy amount of calories per day to help you start the process. 3000 just seems a bit high IMO.

Hope this helps

Hi Mae and everyone else
Old 08-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #1808
Senior LCF Member

I think since when i did dukan diet i toned up alot and not really need to lose so maintain is fine and such like now that most fat went to muSCLE I seem to get hungry alot.. i'm active in work out alot cardio and muscle toning movements Jumping running jogging a mix in each time i get 1 mini run to 1 min jog to min jumping each and every way. crafting is my hobby and reading and thinking i do alot for my job.. but today do feel bit constipated so can understand why 2 or 1.5 pound gain but not bad and such and i estimate my food like a chick breast either small or large count as 260 calories or like any thing eat take the highest count even if maybe lost some egg in like the pan or anything so calories are all estimated and such might not be as high as stated.. plus think lack salt it drains out so prob why don't feel the water or liquids filling me as much but hmm not sure
Old 08-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #1809
Senior LCF Member

but like said that was only one day mainly my normal range is 2100 area and seem to maintain well there.. but yeah I don't want to go low cause i gain at even 1600 and 1400 i starve feeling and then I get the feeling forget this diet.. and don't lose nothing.. my metab may be a bit faster then normal.. since i'm normally thin.. not really using this for weight loss.. but for maintaining and boost metab and cause love the food and it works great for my skin and nails
Old 08-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #1810
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/148/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
See you all in the August M&E thread.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #1811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
If you're not looking for loss, then any LC plan would work. Like I said earlier, you can eat more cals in maintainace with LC. There is even a 300-ish buffer because of the slightly increase thermo requirement to process fat to ketones, compared to carbs to glucose.

I agree about the food tho having said that, I just love food.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #1812
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
but like said that was only one day mainly my normal range is 2100 area and seem to maintain well there.. but yeah I don't want to go low cause i gain at even 1600 and 1400 i starve feeling and then I get the feeling forget this diet.. and don't lose nothing.. my metab may be a bit faster then normal.. since i'm normally thin.. not really using this for weight loss.. but for maintaining and boost metab and cause love the food and it works great for my skin and nails
If you are just aiming for maintenance and it's working for you then you are definitely doing it right then. Really I can only say how my body responds personally and like I said, everyone is different. And also as stated, please don't starve yourself, that is not good...just find a comfortable level and if that is up to 3000 cals some days and it works, then you have found your body's "happy place"! And most importantly listen to your body
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #1813
Senior LCF Member

awesome thank you all, i mean i feel great some days i don't eat that high like yesterday was under 2000, and the two pounds prob was just water weight cause started going down again and today been going easily alot actually so digestion is back up.. and today may be 2100-2300 depends choice of meal but i seem to vary and i don't really eat like so much plus alot is as said eyeball at the high count even if i had half tablespoon butter count as full lol like cause all eye ball fig be best count high lol

but really i don't want to pay attention to calories but to hunger.. and I think i worry over too much which also causes cortisol from the stress of my weight and gain that way too lol

but now i'm trying to think clearly lol and feel better and i am so far feeling alot better mainly cause notice weight going down and body reacting well to the new intake of more salt again from cheese lol

do enjoy eating this way; whole foods, homemade, natural, organic sometimes, and not processed with fake stuff just yummy tasty rich and worth my crave then a donut or slice of dry toast
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #1814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
awesome thank you all, i mean i feel great some days i don't eat that high like yesterday was under 2000, and the two pounds prob was just water weight cause started going down again and today been going easily alot actually so digestion is back up.. and today may be 2100-2300 depends choice of meal but i seem to vary and i don't really eat like so much plus alot is as said eyeball at the high count even if i had half tablespoon butter count as full lol like cause all eye ball fig be best count high lol

but really i don't want to pay attention to calories but to hunger.. and I think i worry over too much which also causes cortisol from the stress of my weight and gain that way too lol

but now i'm trying to think clearly lol and feel better and i am so far feeling alot better mainly cause notice weight going down and body reacting well to the new intake of more salt again from cheese lol

do enjoy eating this way; whole foods, homemade, natural, organic sometimes, and not processed with fake stuff just yummy tasty rich and worth my crave then a donut or slice of dry toast
Hi Tashy, Natosha, Lil and All!
Again, proud of you Natosha, glad you are stressing less over it. You found what works for you, go with that. Hugs and have a great week all. Mae
PS, Good losing too, to all!
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #1815
Senior LCF Member

man feel deff today is like bathroom day lol haha been going still alot guess all that better appear on the scale lol

but yeah feeling better and enjoying cheese lol haha
Old 08-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #1816
Senior LCF Member

man feel deff today is like bathroom day lol haha been going still alot guess all that better appear on the scale lol

but yeah feeling better and enjoying cheese lol haha
Old 08-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #1817
Senior LCF Member

guess reason for why i was eating soo much before and not gainaing lol and slightly losing cause of lactose intolerance lol i have
Old 08-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #1818
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hi Natosha, good to see things are working well for you. I know it's hard when you hit a patch and feel unsure...happens to us all I think! Good to see you are feeling more comfortable with your choices.

In my earlier post I certainly didn't mean to suggest you were doing the wrong thing either, I just wanted to give you some things you could easily look at as you seemed very unsure and were looking for advice. The information I gave you was only based on my personal experience. I am a "fixer" by nature and like to help out if I can...sometimes might come across as bossy, but certainly not meant that way

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-06-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #1819
Senior LCF Member

oh no problem, I know i'm a bit much dramatic when comes with this stuff.. I guess I just get scared a bit if i'm only one that I see that eats so much, when others eat like under 1200 or less.. and at that I think I wouldn't last plus I'd deff feel starved and never lose cause I tried it and on low carb still didn't help and after 2.5-3 days I'll crash and eat any thing binging on any thing cause i'm super hungry.. lol I just know from being restricted of food when I was hungry and over working my body I wasn't helping myself at all and I know like with eating a well amount to keep my body moving and thinking of never starving and yet able to eat and not gain yet use those pieces of food for energy instead store.. I guess is what my goal is now.. I do feel much better bit more perk then before. I use to eat so less and never had energy to move and work out I just felt like a couch potato.. Now I have that energy ..tightend my body up.. and feel like an engine lol full powered lol.. I guess it does go with what works for one won't work for another..

ty all again i'll keep you all posted and asking questions but I thank you all for the help and support
Old 08-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #1820
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
oh no problem, I know i'm a bit much dramatic when comes with this stuff.. I guess I just get scared a bit if i'm only one that I see that eats so much, when others eat like under 1200 or less.. and at that I think I wouldn't last plus I'd deff feel starved and never lose cause I tried it and on low carb still didn't help and after 2.5-3 days I'll crash and eat any thing binging on any thing cause i'm super hungry.. lol I just know from being restricted of food when I was hungry and over working my body I wasn't helping myself at all and I know like with eating a well amount to keep my body moving and thinking of never starving and yet able to eat and not gain yet use those pieces of food for energy instead store.. I guess is what my goal is now.. I do feel much better bit more perk then before. I use to eat so less and never had energy to move and work out I just felt like a couch potato.. Now I have that energy ..tightend my body up.. and feel like an engine lol full powered lol.. I guess it does go with what works for one won't work for another..

ty all again i'll keep you all posted and asking questions but I thank you all for the help and support
Ok that's good Don't be discouraged by your body reacting differently to how other's work. Just bear in mind that when people give advice/information they can only base on their own experiences and that those experiences might be vastly different from your own. The information I gave you is only based on, say, the average person..but as I have said many, many, many times in my posts, we are all different I've found my body's comfortable level where I can lose a little and still feel satisfied but it has taken me a long time to work it out...also to find out what my balance of protein/carb/fat intake should be to have energy, feel good and also lose weight. I'm am pretty near my goal (about 5lbs away) and found that I have needed to adjust to get things moving I have to say I'm envious you can eat that many calories and still have good results, so go with it if you can!!!

Have a great day

Last edited by tashydoll; 08-06-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #1821
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
oh no problem, I know i'm a bit much dramatic when comes with this stuff.. I guess I just get scared a bit if i'm only one that I see that eats so much, when others eat like under 1200 or less.. and at that I think I wouldn't last plus I'd deff feel starved
I TOTALLY hear that. While I do ocasionally go under 1500 cals, its extremely rare for me. I am and always have been a big eater which is one of the reasons low carb attracted me. I couldnt think of anything work than mini meals. Think on how old farmers load up their plates, and thats me. I can out eat most men. Well on any WOE except M&E, but even then I think I'd given them a run for their money

True story - my family are big eaters, When we go stay with people I always buy food because frankly its like a plague of locausts arrived with us. Anyway, we stayed with Hubbies dad and stepmum once and she cooked a corned beef for dinner. Well, DH, and DD1 and DD2 and I ate our dinner, and then sliced up the leftover corned beef to finshed it off as we do at home. Stepmum look on in horror and said weakly "I thought we could have that for lunch tommorrow" The leftover was so small it didnt resemble a meal for 6 to us!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #1822
Senior LCF Member

wow awesome, thank you both.

I don't know what it is I do notice that if i do eat more my body gets motivated and digests best lol like well either that or the dairy is in action... and at the toilet for some time but atleast never constipated lol ... I once heard from my grandma, her friend was told by a doctor reason why your not going regularly is your not eating enough,, and I agree with that.. If i eat like such a small amount i'm constiatped even if drinking like gallons of liquid.. but when I eat a big amount I'm going no problem lol
odd but always found it to be true..

So today is another meat and fat day lol for me.... breakfast a nice size chicken breast with 3 small pieces of steak prob 2oz and butter broth with two pieces of cheese melty crispy like a mozzarella stick with just mozzarella lol

and then lunch same but alot smaller portion cause wasn't really hungry then I was in the bathroom for a bit

and feeling starved at 2pm so made like lunch's other half portion lol same set up .. yet feel so much better.. wasn't getting ill and feeling ill..

and dinner prob be same lol

so no eggs today lol
like yesterday
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #1823
Senior LCF Member

Ok if anyone knows for sure... well I was hungry today woke early ate earlier then norm deff see alot more trimming definition weight still up by one tho boo well look trimmer every day/..

any ways was starving so had a nice big chick breast and two pieces beef steak lean of course and broth homemade with butter and two pieces cheese

lunch had to wait from 6am breakfast till
1:15pm to make something
was shopping and at the hospital for a bit so got more exercise in helping my mom and grandma both with back issues
did some speed walking with a cart lol

well got home and cause of hunger fig the breast was using bit smaller like norm so welll say mediumish so chop a smaller one in half and used it towards that

and two small pieces of beef lol

and butter and cheese same as before

(oddly loving that combo,, cheese is the salt and the meat in butter broth lol love to sip it up) allows me to reduce my splenda sweetened cola lol
Old 08-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

lost a pound again back to normal and cause of high calories.. like always said at low calories i gain easily plus being thin already i think oddly oppositie working for me lol guess everyone is different.. yeah so no one can say high fat and low calorie has to be it lol for me guess opposite since did say last year at 2500-3000 i was losing and thin thin

even if at moment 2100-2300 lol can tell metab being boosted lol
Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #1825
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: senorpepino
Stats: 263/237/200
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 2013
Meat & Egg Fast & 4 Hour Body?

I am experimenting with something.

Basically doing the meat & egg fast 6 days per week and then having a "binge" day on Saturday eating whatever I want.

This is based on my knowledge gained from the Atkins books, information gathered for the meat & egg fast from this thread and other boards, and The 4 Hour Body book by Tim Ferriss which has a low-carb diet plan for 6 days per week and then a "binge" day on Saturday's.

I will update this thread on my results. This is basically the first week of trying this out since the holidays were just last week.

Anyone have any input or tried anything similar?
senorpepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #1826
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: senorpepino
Stats: 263/237/200
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 2013
I guess nobody wants to chime in. I'll try on another board.
senorpepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #1827
Senior LCF Member

Hi there,

sorry for the late reply. Most of us are on the new thread - Winter M&E thread

We'd love to have you join in
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote